[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AirBnB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Thoughts and experiences with AirBnB? I'm going to be taking a road trip in a little bit and it seemed like a great way to meet locals and room for cheap. Pro/con: stories; critique; all accepted.
>>
>>1055681
I know pretty much nothing about it -- were I to be planning to find lodging with them, I'd e curious about insurance issues...
>>
File: 4634988936_c7bdd17d7e.jpg (177 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4634988936_c7bdd17d7e.jpg
177 KB, 500x375
Vastly superior to a hotel but the good ones are not cheap.
Look for a host that has time to hang out.
Find one that seems to have similar interests.
The host is far more important than the actual room.
Ladies if a host seems to be single and male with no mention of a GF, that means you probably can hook up if the chemistry is good.
Guys do not really hook up with female hosts. Sorry , thats not how it works.
>>
Cons: asshole neighbors force your host to threaten you to kick you out

Hongdae in Seoul, we were playing music at a moderate volume before going out and immediately our host texted us we should keep the noise down.
A few days later an apartment two stories up does a house party with blaring music, laughter and screams for hours.
>>
what's the difference with couchsurfing?
>>
>>1055681
We should really have an airbnb general, there are like five threads a week on this.

>inb4 but it would be about 'do I get to sex the host'?
>>
>>1055701
you don't really pay with couchsurfing, maybe a small gift or something.
>>
got an apartament in Reykjavik this summer with my girlfriend, pretty good place and a lot cheaper than hotels and even some hostels... you could also pick a shared room or a room for yourself instead of an apartament/house, which would be even cheaper... I totally recommend it
>>
I am a host, I rent a small apartment. So far it's been a good experience, it's nice to meet people from around the world
>>
never used airbnb, only homeaway/tripadvisor..which is basically the same thing.

i found a place in athens for something like $35/night. and it wasn't a shit-hole, drug den either! it was just a small, simple little apartment with a nice outdoor patio area. it was right across the street from a decent hotel and just 3 blocks or so from the acropolis.

i also found a rustic cabin in costa rica through homeaway, and that went really well, too.

so, i've had some good experiences with sites like airbnb..i prefer it, actually. i like to meet the people who host, and i feel like less of a tourist.
>>
Extremely good and value for money, got the cheapest one in York. The woman was really sound, really chilled out and only a 10 min walk from city centre, highly recommend air b n b
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.