[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are you going in 2016, /trv/? Have you already booked your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1594x727) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1594x727
Where are you going in 2016, /trv/? Have you already booked your flights and thought of an itinerary?

Me:

>flying to India in two and a half weeks, staying for a month (ticket is booked)
>three weeks in and around Mexico City in March (ticket is booked)
>will be gone all summer traveling around somewhere or doing an internship overseas (no ticket booked but I have $1200 in Delta flight vouchers so I don't really have to worry about it)

Pic not really related, just a picture of how I thought my last long trip in 2014 was going to turn out before I actually took it.
>>
File: Summer 2015 2.png (3 MB, 1438x705) Image search: [Google]
Summer 2015 2.png
3 MB, 1438x705
this, might substitute Oman for more time in India.
>>
File: Round The World Star Alliance.jpg (414 KB, 1861x1070) Image search: [Google]
Round The World Star Alliance.jpg
414 KB, 1861x1070
>>1054740
sounds pretty good. Mexico City is since a long time on my list, I should finally book a flight.

I have till now:
>New Years Eve in NYC (can't get more meme tier but it's my GF's wish so.)
>February 6 days in Havanna
>my solo luxury RTW trip starting in March I have saved up for this year. 3months unpaid vacations from work ok, all tickets booked, all hotels booked. Oh I'm excited.
>>
I am going to spend a month in the Philippines in February - March. Manila - Angeles - Cebu and something something.
>>
>>1054769

Just wondering, but what is there to do in the Philippines? I never hear it mentioned outside sex tourism.
>>
Haven't gotten my tickets but I've got all the money saved up. Just waiting till February to give friends the chance to save up if they can.

Doing 2 weeks in India, 4 days in Singapore, 2 weeks in The Philippines, then 1 week in Japan starting in late May.

>>1054772
Island hopping, Spanish colonial towns, cool beaches, wreck diving. Nothing about it is really "unique" I suppose but there's a bunch of cool things to do anyhow.
>>
>>1054772

Well I mainly go there for the girls, sun, ease and warmth, but I will probably try some scuba and stuff like that.
>>
Im not going 2 far..not been overseas in a few years now. Im gonna be heading over to Pax South in san antonio texas though in january. This will be my second year at that pax and my third pax overall.
>>
>>1054740
Milan - 3d
Genoa - 3d
Nice/Monaco - 3d
Marseille - 3d
Montpellier - 3d
Barcelona/Stiges - 4d
Valencia - 3d
Madrid/Toledo/Segovia - 5d
Lisbon 3d
Buying the ticket to Lisbon (and there to Milan) next Monday.
>>
>>1054740
Why
>>
I'm planning for 6 months straight travel, I just graduated high-school and have about 10k saved with a lot more saving to do for my trip as I want to do it. Wish me luck.
>>
Going to Bahrain Monday, solo trip. Then planning a trip with the wife to Thailand during Songkran. She'll be with me for a week, then I plan a week or two solo. Then a week long trip with the wife and kids, either somewhere in the Caribbean or Central America, England, or Japan.
>>
going to milan in 2 weeks to see a girl
>>
April/May 2016:

Madrid 2 nights
Barcelona 3 nights
Paris 4 nights
Amsterdam 2 nights
Berlin 2 nights
Prague 3 (or 4) nights
Munich 2 nights
Venice 3 nights
Florence 4 (or 5 nights)
Rome 5 (or 6 nights)

Additional nights depends on savings from now until then.
>>
3 days Bangkok
3 days Kuala Lumpur
3 days Singapore
>>
>>1054781

Why what? I've been to India quite a few times already and lived there for a while, too. Decided to go to Mexico because I never had an interest in Latin America until I went to Colombia on a whim and wound up loving it.
>>
Going to e in the Caribbean and Dubai in January. I like to do a trip with my family every year or so, so when we see each other next month we'll probably hash that out -- we've been most of the places that had unanimous interest, so now we reach the compromise era, should be interesting.

Other than that, waiting to see where there is a festival I can wangle an invite. Likely candidates are Colombia and maybe China.
>>
>>1054835
>I went to Colombia on a whim and wound up loving it.

May I recommend Ecuador? just to keep in mind for later...
>>
>>1054740
two weeks visiting Inlaws in Japan spanning the New Years holiday
Maybe Hawaii in April
Iceland in August or maybe beginning of September.

visiting the Inlaws again late dec early Jan 16-17
>>
10 months China, going to be doing a TEFL.

Really excited actually.
>>
>>1054740
I can get tickets to Genova/Montpellier/Bordeaux(sp?)/Zurich/Prague for free for next year, thing is my friends are all either low on cash or days off, and I don't enjoy the solo travel as much as I used to... Whatever, probably will end up going to Zurich for a few days in February, just cause I haven't been in Switzerland yet. (Anyone up for a beer in Zurich, please give a shout.)

And then there's the big Chile/Argentina vs Japan question. I have 4 weeks to spend in total, so maybe I'll just go to both?
Japan I want to go to in late April/early May, Chile I have no clue yet.

My forever pending Kamchatka trip will stay pending, I'm not willing to pay an agency to get me a visa, etc...
>>
>>1054970

Sure. I think I'd like to see most of the countries in South America. I was thinking that this coming summer I'd either take a trip around Eastern European and Southeast Asia or all around South America. I still can't make up my mind which sounds better!
>>
Might get to fly to NYC for work in spring otherwise not any intercontinental flights planed to save money for a (hopefully) year long student exchange in 2017. Did consider going somewhere for two weeks in August or July though and was toying around with the idea of doing a long distance walk kind of thing. Things I had in mind are:
>Corsica
>Las Palmas
>Santiago De Compostella
>Lycian Walk (or at least parts of it)
>???

Open to any suggestions, will have two weeks and flying out of Austria. Preferably South as I really hate cold weather so I'm looking for some place where it has at least 25°C everyday (anything above is a plus)
>>
>>1054740
Im going to new york for a few days in february and in the summer I think im going on a roadtrip of the southwestern United States like in Utah and around the four corner states
>>
>>1054977
>(Anyone up for a beer in Zurich, please give a shout.)
Sure, I'm from Zurich and two other /trv/ regulars are from/near Zurich I meet regularly for a dinner/a few beers.
Leave a throwaway mail addy / kik handle.
>>
>>1054991

>people from /trv/ actually meet each other

What are other /trv/elers like?
>>
>>1054991
That sounds cool, I can send actual contact info via anontozurich at gmail.
As I said above, I'll most likely will be in town in February. For a weekend at least.
>>
>>1054997
I met so many of /trv/ guys/girls from all around the world and the only thing they had in common was: pretty cool guys I would meet/go drink a beer with again.
I have yet to meet a stereotypical NEET, overweight, autistic fedora wearing neckbeard.

>>1054998
I send you a mail tonight or tomorrow.
I should be in Zurich in February beside the week of the 2-7.2 I'm in Havanna.
>>
>>1054997
I've often thought that would be fun, but I'm comparatively old, you guys might feel too much like you got tricked into spending an evening with Uncle Cleetus or something.
>>
>>1055032
You wouldn't be alone, most people are in the 25-40 range and even the 50+ range is present. It's people from all kind of backgrounds.

Students doing their master/phd, professionals from all fields, digital nomades, pro hitchhikers, even CEO's of large companies are present. And all share the same hobby.
>>
>>1054740
Still working on routing, but this is the general idea
>>
Also heading to India, on Dec 30. May go from Kolkata to Dhaka and to Nepal too.
>>
I'm going to Ecuador and Peru. I know fuck-all about those countries, but I'm going there. My sister will be doing an internship in Quito, and I'm visiting her, and then I'll be travelling around for a month or two.
>>
>>1054740
I'm going to Seoul and after that I'm guesting my canadian friend here. Pretty excited for my vacation.
>>
>>1054740
Leave on the fucking 31st syd to californistan

Got guns, booze and fireworks on the mind.

Its going to be weird going back to the past to land on the 31st again.
At least I still get a jet lagged new years.

I have also found myself watching a bit too much Air Crash Investigation.
>>
Ethiopia for a bit then down to Cape Town along the Indian Ocean since I'm a broke-fag and can't fork out hundreds for a meme safari.
>>
I'm planning a solo trip to Canada and Cuba sometime during the first half of 2016, from Australia. Travel restrictions to Cuba are beginning to be relaxed for Americans and I fear that it may become a Bali for America so I'd like to visit before that starts.
If work and finances allow I'd also like to visit London where my brother and sister live and incorporate that into some time in Iceland or alternatively Germany if I can have time off work for Wacken metal festival.
>>
File: 111111.jpg (458 KB, 1657x861) Image search: [Google]
111111.jpg
458 KB, 1657x861
So I'm planning this 5-month motocamping trip next year. Map is general outline of where I want to go but will likely change as I'm on the road. I made a thread about this but didn't really get many replies. Hope to spend about 60 days of riding and 90 days of doing other things. April-August (beginning of September probably) starting in Vancouver. Mostly camping in the west and trying my hand at couchsurfing in the east.

I've been buying some camping gear lately and I only have a few things left to buy. Hope to make a lot of videos along the way.

If this doesn't pan out for some reason I will just do a west coast swing going down to Cabo and back through Utah/Montana. But I will try my hardest to make this trip happen as I've been delaying something like this for 3 years now.
>>
Flying in to Lima in February.
No plan, no return flight.
Anyone else headed there?

>inb4 wet season
The flight was 150 god damned dollars, couldn't resist.
>>
Doing a trip through Southwest China. Starting in Chongqing, moving round through Guizhou and Yunnan and ending in Chengdu. From there I'm flying to Tibet, and on the way home I'll stop off at Hong Kong for a bit.
>>
>>1056563
This post interested me, what are you gonna do once you get there if you have no plan? You have no hotel reservations I assume.
>>
>>1056569
I've got two nights of hostel reservation, just for airport pickup and peace of mind when I land.

I'm probably going to stay in Lima for a few days, see the city, see the sites around the city take a bus out to somewhere else, and repeat.

I'm a naive kid who's never left his country, and has no idea what the hell he's doing so it should be fun.
>>
I was thinking of going either to Cozumel or to Puerto Rico for the new years eve. Still can't make up my mind.
>>
Gonna travel by myself for the first time this winter break to the Philippines for 2 weeks and about 10 days on HongKong. Shit I'm worried about is how low my money would be when I go there, I heard dollar's pretty good in the phil but hongkong is a different matter
>>
Going on my first solo trip this August. Taking an overnight train from Pittsburgh to Chicago, spend a three or four there, then taking the California Zephyr to San Francisco for three or four days.
>>
I'm in NZ now and I'm flying to Vietnam december 22th to february 15th to Perth I've got my WHV in aussie and I need to find some work to refund myself and keep travelling
>>
>Summer in Spain, will probably hit Portugal and Morocco
>possibly to Nicaragua for a short trip this spring
>>
Post about your experiences on WHV when you can as I'm thinking of doing that at the end of next year.
>>
>>1054973
where in china ?
from where are you ?

>i'm going to move to china next year
>>
Spending a weekend in San Diego in January, and I'm gonna try and go to D.C. for Independence Day. Small time, I know, but I can't really afford anything extravagant, as much as I'd like to.
>>
I'm going to Spain in a week, I'll be in Madrid and I plan on going hiking a couple of times, I would also like to go on a trip to another city but I haven't planned anything yet.
I'll return to Sweden in January and I'll go somewhere else in late February.
>>
Banff in June. Staying in Moraine Lake and will be heading up to Jasper and hitting all the national parks in the area.
>>
>>1054997
more or less normal and nice. /TRV/ is perhaps one of the better grounded boards
>>
>>1054973
get used to hearing Guilo
>>
>>1054997
I have never met anyone from /trv/ but I've met several people from other boards. Nice people all of them.
>>
Osaka for study abroad in the spring. Already booked my flight, just waiting on the certificate of enrollment so I can get my visa.

After that, I dunno. Thinking about Thailand or Taiwan. I've got friends in both places but will only probably be able to afford one.
>>
Wherever I go will be for two weeks so there should be two weeks of interesting things to see, imo.

Totally wanted to see Estonia. I have a friend there who might be OK with showing me stuff.
Want to see Iceland, but not sure what I can do for two weeks outside of of Reykjavik and typical tourist things like glacier hikes and blue lagoon.
Other than this, no idea. Maybe Thailand for the cheap or see if there's anything to do in Canada.

Pretty much here for other ideas.
>>
Booked a flight to mumbai, gonna stay all over india for about 5-6 months.
>>
>>1054740
spread out over the next months in seperate short trips since I study in Eastern Germany and the way isn't that long
>visit a friend who studies in Vienna now. Will probably go ahead and also spend a day in Bratislava since I'm already there
>Warsaw
>Prague
>maybe Krakow and other cities in Poland or the Czech Republic

Then I'm planning to do a single bigger trip trough South East Europe in Summer. It's almost stupid that I didn't go there yet, I feel like you get to see and do a lot for little money.
Right now my plan would be going to Istanbul by train, via Budapest and Sofia. Spending a couple of days in each city. Hope Schengen is still going to exist by then.
>>
I leave for the Netherlands and Germany and will celebrate NYE in Paris, go to Paris Disneyland a few days later then back track until mid Jan leaving Ams.

March I'll be in Tokyo,hakone, and maybe elsewhere for 13 days

Summer I may take summer language school in Germany otherwise just visit for 3 or 4weeks
>>
>>1054740
>>1054740
Spending Jan in China - mostly around the south but with a short jump up to Harbin for the ice festival. Hope the weather doesn't fuck me too badly.

Tossing up between Italy, Nepal and Central Asia for a month over the mid-year uni break. Probably Italy, I haven't been to Europe for more than a year now and I really want to go hiking through the Alps.

Then maybe S. America for Dec-Jan next summer if my gf can afford two months away. If not then maybe Malaysia or PPhillipines for a diving holiday.
>>
>>1054740
Flying to Iran in February for 2 weeks.

Roadtrip to Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia in May.

Def going somewhere in the summer (no idea where yet, possibly Armenia/Azerbaijan or any cool place I with cheap flight tickets)

Probably going to do some weekend getaways every other month. I live near an airport and you can find return tickets to pretty much all of Europe for under 50 Euro if you're lucky.
>>
Most likely : Czech, Poland, Australia (going back home), USA (for work), China (for work)

Maybe (if bf has time/money): Japan

Would love to but probably not before 2017: Iceland, Russia, Argentina/Chile
>>
>Montreal March 1st
>Paris or London April 3/4th (Staying in Europe for 90days)
>Kuala Lampur
>Bangkok
>Phnom Phen
>Hong Kong
>Honolulu

No flights are bought yet but i have all the money saved already. I plan on being gone for a year or so, Anyone recommend adding some places to my itinerary?
Side note: In Europe my itinerary goes almost all through Eastern Europe
>>
going to hawaii for two weeks in May
i lived on oahu for three years over a year ago so it will be nice to see it all again
i plan on taking a 'weekend trip' during the 2 weeks to either the big island or kauai... or both, though i'm leaning a lot more towards big island because of the observatory and volcano
>>
I'm going to stay in New Zealand most of 2016, just got here little while ago, just trying to make money for further travelling.
After my working holiday visa is done, most likely heading to SE-asia and make my way back to europe somehow. Maybe drop by Australia if there is some under the table job options to make some quick and easy cash.
>>
>>1054997

I've met two women from r9k

>omgroflehahaah

I feel like I'm being a judgy cunt but one of them was literally pimping out her friend for drug money
>>
>>1059031

I would skip KL, by all accounts it's a bit shit but I've never been so maybe disregard lol

Cambodia is an interesting place, I liked Phnom Penh but Siem Reap for Angkor and Sihanoukville/Koh Rong in the south was a better time, I would have liked to explore more of the coast down to kampot and kep.
>>
>>1054740
I'm hoping to do a week in Rio de Janeiro for the Olympics, August 7-13ish. I wanted to be there for the opening ceremony, but my best friend is getting married the next day and there's no way I'd be able to make both events.

I already bought some Olympic event tickets (the exchange rate really helps me) and have been trying to pick up Portuguese for the past few months. I got myself a passport, but haven't started the visa process yet.

In the back of my mind, I'm telling myself I plan to book a place to stay when I'm off work during the holidays here. I'm thinking of getting either a hostel room or a place through AirBNB, for both cost concerns and the feeling that it will give me a better impression of the local culture than if I lived in a hotel for a week.

I really really want a local friend or even just acquaintance who I could hang out with while in the city, who could show me around, and maybe help out if my Portuguese fails me, but it's proving to be kinda difficult to meet people online for that.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'd really appreciate it, since this will be my first time traveling outside the country, and probably the first time traveling for more than a day by myself (unless someone somehow decides to come with me between now and then).
>>
I'm spending spring break in UK, then I'm spending the first half of the summer studying in Lisbon. After that, my flight back home is 2 months later from Istanbul. I've booked all the flights to and from the US so all that's left to do is plan where I actually go.

My university co-op is the best decision I've ever made. The fact that I have the free time and the disposable income to actually do this is something that so few people get, I'm really lucky to have opportunities like this.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.