[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having trouble coming up with trip ideas. >leave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: newark-airport-ewr.jpg (111 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
newark-airport-ewr.jpg
111 KB, 900x675
I'm having trouble coming up with trip ideas.
>leave from nyc
>only 4 days
>warm
>cheap

That is my criteria. The only ideas I've come up with so far is New Orleans, but then it would be around Mardi Gras time and that could be a problem because we hate most of the public.

I also thought maybe some all inclusive to a nearby place, say Bahamas or Dominican..

Anyone got some ideas?
>>
I just got back from New Orleans a few weeks ago and DESU I didn't like it. It's pretty damn small and a lot seedier than Vegas (a lot more blacks in New Orleans versus just a lot more white trash in Vegas) so naturally I feel safer in Vegas. Maybe I picked a bad time of year but I really didn't enjoy NOLA.
>>
>>1054690
why does it always feel like I have to drive into the fucking country to get to Newark but then there are photos of it where it looks like it's across the street from Manhattan.
>>
>>1054711
LOL, Which direction are you coming from?
>>
>>1054700
That's what I was worried about..the filth. If I want to be surrounded by the cracked out, mentally ill I could save on airfare just go to east harlem.

What did you mean by seedy? I could take a somewhat sketchy area, but if you're talking about gunfire in the distance, people shooting up in every alley, wandering around in a daze and harassing you, i'll pass.
>>
>>1054723
queens
>>
>>1054738
You're probably looping around north and then coming back down on the turnpike to avoid all that lower manhattan bullshit. Whenever I drive north to take the GWB, it starts to look a little bit like upstate NY before I hit the bridge.

In reality, Newark airport isn't really that close to the city, but close enough where you can still see the tallest buildings on a clear day.
>>
>>1054729
Living in east Harlem, I save airfare to Puerto Rico daily.
>>
>>1054700
It was just shit man. The city makes zero effort to promote civility outside of a few hotel lobbies. Maybe it was my fault for thinking otherwise but it really isn't a "vacation destination".

Go to Aruba man. It's owned by the Netherlands so they know how to cater to humans
>>
File: posh.jpg (98 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
posh.jpg
98 KB, 640x1136
>>1054758

Not to shit on your opinion, but I think I might give Nola a try. It's been on my 'to-do' list (albeit, far down) for a while. I talked to a stewardess friend of mine, and she had all good things to say. Same with a family friend
>>
>>1054750
Kek
>>
>>1054711
That's an effect you get with telephoto lenses. The photographer was probably nowhere near the runway.
>>
Just fly to Anywhere, Florida. Check into a cheap motel. Lay on the beach all day.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.