[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /trv/ A friend and I are planning our third roadtrip to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_9593.jpg (6 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9593.jpg
6 MB, 4288x2848
Hey /trv/

A friend and I are planning our third roadtrip to the US this year. We have a two-weeks possibility this oncoming february. We don't know how is the situation in Oregon, Washington and Northern California. We also consider driving from Miami to Houston.

Any advice on good winter itinerary ? What roadtrips have you taken ?

Pic semi-related: roadtrip from last year
>>
>>1053490
Why Miami to Houston? Sounds like a pretty dull route. Drove home from Houston to NC once after a plane transport foul-up, it was not vacation-worthy.
>>
>>1053492
How bad is it ? We wanted to go south to have at least decent temperature !

It's either we go up north and deal with it, but then we're afraid that roads are going to be either closed or messed up, or we go south but to me it seems a bit dull as you say. However as we're from Switzerland driving in the US is pretty cool for us anyway
>>
>>1053500
Flat and empty through Texas, flat and slightly less empty otherwise. If you do that route, do your research and find stops that interest you in plenty.
>>
>>1053500
Is choosing a more interesting route through some warmer states not an option?
>>
>>1053569
Well that's our question ! Are there more interesting itinerary in the south that could be worth driving ?
>>
I would go southwest. Miami to Houston is a chore, not a road trip. You will not have a good time. Southern California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, on the other hand, much more scenic and cool to drive through (still boring parts).
>>
>>1053765
This, though some things you'd want to see in the SW are going to be inaccessible due to weather.
>>
>>1053773
not OP but I'm doing the same thing this month. what will we be missing out on in the SW states?
>>
>>1053492
>>1053765
Would you say the route from NOLA to Miami is really bad? I'm planning on going next year. I thought there was some moderately interesting shit by the gulf coast. Plan for me is to get down all the way to Key West and then back up to the Carolinas.
>>
>>1053765
OP here. The thing is that last winter we drove through california, arizona, utah, nevada, new mexico and colorado so we've been there already...

>>1053830
I thought so too.. How is it by the mississippi ? Mobile ? New Orleans ?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.