[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello I have recently acquired my first relatively stable job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 2986d60.jpg (58 KB, 675x675) Image search: [Google]
2986d60.jpg
58 KB, 675x675
Hello

I have recently acquired my first relatively stable job which I am going to work hard at to save for travel.

I currently live in Queensland, Australia and have never been out of state let alone overseas (except when i was a child i went to new zealand breifly but that doesnt really count)

Where should I go for my first real holiday?
How much money will i need?
Should i go alone or with friends?
Is holidaying/travelling good?

Please tell me your stories and provide advice.

>>
It's always a good idea to explore and travel your own country first.
>>
>>1052881
Drive across Australia Mad Max stlye, find bandits, deliver water etc.
>>
OP here, im thinking of doing a Contiki tour, the asian ones are actually cheaper than the australian ones (including flights). like i could do a 9 day tour of thailand/bali islands etc.

Mainly thinking of going on contiki because i would essentially be going alone. (no friends that i could see myself travelling with)

Is contiki good?
>>
>>1052881
Are you a bogan?
Go to bali
>>
>>1052881
Surfers paradise , straddy or noosa
>>
Would be easier if you tell us how much time and money you will have
>>
>>1052888
not a bogan really, not a massive drinker. my routine consists of gym, work, eat, sleep, gaming, hang with mates etc. would rather explore, see things, really experience a country and its culture than just drink and feel shit for an entire holiday.

>>1052891
been to all of those, alright i guess, good beaches

>>1052892
maybe a week or 2 for my first travel experience. i would like to spend no more than $5000 if possible.
>>
Seriously op, go to Bali.
Very tourist friendly, u will make friends ;)
Just get out of Kuta if the bogan thing is not your scene.
U will be able to stay in 5 star luxury , hire private drivers and take home change with the amount of money ur talking about
>>
>>1052902

awesome, that sounds amazing. ive heard you can live quite well because everything is relatively cheap.

bali is at the top of my list at the moment then.
>>
>>1052895
If you just want to go somewhere and not be gone for longer than 2 weeks i think Bali will be perfect for you.
I havent been there but i know so many people who have and honestly including flights, accomodation (hostel), and everything else you will easily make it with as little as 1500 aud
>>
>>1052905

this is the board for travel, not sports. what the fuck are you talking about. (ps im relatively new to 4chan)
>>
>>1052906

i would like to go for a month or 2, but im not sure how things will turn out with this new job yet. i havent even started work and im planning a holiday haha (to be fair ive literally never been on one, i think its just about time to do it)

$1500aud thats cheap as!
>>
>>1052908
Mate. I live very well here on a budget of less than $50 au per day.but don't expect to manage this on your first trip.
Happy to answer any more specific ?s u might have
>>
>>1052911

yeah well id want to get resonably nice accommodation.

i watched this video and want to do everything in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ozeaudijU

-flights
-hire scooter and ride around island (do you need licence)
-visit temples/historic sites
-see and experience wildlife, bears, elephants, tigers, monkeys etc.
-spend time with native people
-rice fields look amazing (0:43sec)
-go boating, fishing, diving, swimming
-eat various new foods and drinks
-water slides and other tourist attractions
-go to cultural dances/events/music

So im willing to pay extra for extra experiences, and im still leaning toward a contiki tour but only because there are alot of other likeminded and similar age people on them (im 25). there is a contiki tour of Bali aswell, but im wondering if contiki is just a waste of money- maybe i could just figure it all out myself.
>>
File: url.jpg (15 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
15 KB, 275x183
>>1052913

so i guess the main questions in there are

1) can i do all these things with my budget of $5000 in 2 weeks
2) do i need a licence for scooter
3) is contiki or any pre-arranged tour worth the extra money
4) can i do everything i tour offers by winging it
>>
>>1052922
Anon,$5000 is more than enough
As for the scooter.in theory u need a license, but u won't be asked for it when u hire one.but the police will.....
But u r crazy to ride a bike in indo, anyway on your budget u can afford to hire a car and driver.about $50 a day.
Don't do the contiki....
I will put up some more info later or in the am.
>>
>>1052881
Zoe?

Sorry for posting off topic but this sounds like one of my friends to the T
>>
>>1052922
>can i do all these things with my budget of $5000 in 2 weeks
So cute. Yes anon. You can afford all mod cons, 5 star hotels and hookers around the clock with 5K.
>>
>>1052881
Oh, God, OP, just go to Thailand. It's basically the perfect country for a young person like yourself to travel to for the first time.
>>
OP here

>>1052942
I will probably hire private driver and car then if its affordable.

>>1052951
not Zoe sorry im a bloke.

>>1052964
sounds like a good time

>>1052971
i might go to thailand or bali, is there much difference.
>>
>>1053276
IMO op, for a first time overseas trip for a young Aussie, indo would be my choice.
Had a look at the link to the u tube vid u posted and yes, u will be able to do all that stuff.
U mentioned diving, do u have your padi cert?
>>
>>1053309

awesome, sounds good.

I dont have padi cert but its something i could see myself doing. i imagine i would have to do that to learn how to dive properly. otherwise ill just stick to snorkelling/spearfishing/frolicking about on the surface
>>
>>1052884
this.

since you live in queensland why not explore the coast and go hiking and do fun things around your area? why does new zealand not count? its a country in itself.

if you just want to get out of the country then pick a place that appeals to you, do some research and go. As of right now im exploring the west coast here in the USA will decide where I go after but I'd love to visit AU some day.
>>
>>1053407
Yeah ivevbeen all up and down the qld coast but thats as far as ive been, amazing beaches and reef but thats literally all there is here. Nz is a great and beautiful place from what i vaguely remember, but it doesnt count because i was a child, i basically just had to go cos my parents were going, didnt really experience it for myself.

Australia just seems a bit bland too me, asian heritage like indo and thai justvseems alot more interesting, and cheaper even with flights included
>>
>>1053360
M8 with the money u have to spend ,u could do a padi course while ur there.
But plenty of great snorkeling spots....
Menjangan island, on the nth west tip of Bali is in a marine reserve, its like snorkeling in a tropical aquarium.
Amed and tulumban , on the north coast ,that's where that shipwreck is that's in that utube vid.
Nusa penida,an island off the east coast of Bali, is probably the least developed part of Bali I have visited. Well worth a visit .here u can snorkel with manta rays and if ur lucky, mola mola but they r usually a bit deeper.
Thought about going to the Gilli's?
>>
>>1053672

I could do a padi course there but is it safe/professional? or am i better off doing it in Aus?

those places all sound amazing, ill be sure to check them out

whats the gillis?

maybe i will need to extend my trip from 2 weeks to 1 month for all these glorious places
>>
File: 1448429683212261073353.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1448429683212261073353.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
Padi is padi
U will get the same level of instruction, for a much cheaper price.
In saying that there are dodgy operations.
The Gilli's? A group of Small islands off Lombok ,to the east of bali.
No police. Full moon parties and the usual shit that happens in these situation .
I don't want to sound like a smart arse op, but how old ru?
Do some Google and get back to me
Pic related
Waiting in Bali for a connecting flight
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.