[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys! I dream to go to New York soon, somebody can help me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 20120711134303.jpg (399 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
20120711134303.jpg
399 KB, 1280x800
Hi guys! I dream to go to New York soon, somebody can help me? I am from Russia and I will be hard in your country)
>>
Ask some questions, /bro/, folks will answer them.
>>
>>1051700
>I will be hard in your country
That's pretty hot.
>>
I heard about a large number of criminals in the city. it's true?
>>
I'm Belorussian diaspora in New York
>>
Belorussian mafia?
>>
>>1051712
Nope, just diaspora

If you come to NYC go to Brighton Beach if you intend on working, lots of Russians here (in fact most signs are in cyrillic as well as English). You'll be able to find work probably. Don't know if you played Grand Theft Auto 4 but the beginning part with "Hove Beach" is supposed to be Brighton Beach
>>1051708
Not nearly as bad as it used to be here in NYC. Ray Kelly really cleaned it up, though crime is on the rise now that Bill Fatton is our police commissioner
>>
>>1051708
>I heard about a large number of criminals in the city. it's true?

Yes, it's very true. It's a global hot spot for criminals.

In fact, it's one of the two hottest cities in the world for financial criminals, along with the city of London. These guys don't go for small stuff, they steal billions of dollars at a time.
>>
>>1051700
new york eto nashe mesto.
lexko mozhno naiti rabotu na brightone ele v sheepshead bay.
>>1051718
ne slushay ego, zdes mozhet netu tak mnogo nasilstvennogo pristupleniye, no est DO FIGA zhulikov. Prosto bud' ostorozhen, mnogo yevreyov katoriye gatovi tebya razdet, vimigat
>>
>>1051700
Ya iz moskvi priyehal v brooklyn v 5 let. Skazhu, new york eto interessnoye mesto, no amerika eto pravda pizdec. Ya prouchilsya god v germaniye i vot eto haroshaya strana. Haroshoye kachestvo zhizne, do figa nashih, kak i v new yorke, menshe zhulikov.
u amerike est takoy image kak mesto dlya immigratsiye, no chestno, ano ne silno ot rossiye otlichayetsa v smistle kachestvo zhizne.
Yezhai v evropu, ti ne pozhileyesh
>>
>>1053032
>>1053028
This is why Cyrillic is best for Russian. That is a mess to read.
>>
>>1051708
>I heard about a large number of criminals in the city. it's true?

Yes, it's true, there are all kinds of scammers in NYC that prey on people like you. For example

* if you come to NY with a few thousands dollars in cash that you privatized" back in Russia, and you start looking for a way to "invest" this money at high yield - it is very likely that you will never see your money again.

* likewise, if you "represent" some Russian organizarion, and are trying to "develop business contacts", you are very likely to be cheated and ripped off.

But it sounds like the above 2 don't apply to you

* if you take a cab from JFK airport to the city, the cab driver is very likely to take you on a very long drive around the city and demand lots of money. The best way to prevent that is to take our excellent mass transit (a train or a bus) - no one really needs taxis.

* there are tons of pickpockets. The problem is probably worse than in Russia. Watch out for people trying to steal your wallet or phone from your pocket. Hide your stuff.

* it's less likely that someone will point a gun at your or hit you over the head with a pipe in order to steal your wallet/jewelry. It's also unlikely that someone will want to steal your luggage, probably full of stuff with zero resale value. But happens too.
>>
>>1051700
У тeбя ппц c инглишeм бpo))))))))))))))))))))))))000000000000000000000

пoчeмy нe двaчeвcкий em или trv?

Also, if I were you I would try to go for a walk across Manhattan and visit Brighton Beach
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.