[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best and worst airlines you've flown with? Best for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: 560612510_749bc71765.jpg (112 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
560612510_749bc71765.jpg
112 KB, 500x333
Best and worst airlines you've flown with?

Best for me was KLM. Excellent service, and free food and drink. Monarch were pretty good for a holiday airline too.

Worst is probably Thomson but I always end up flying with them whenever I go on holiday. They literally have no service apart from drinks. No meals. No inflight entertainment. People think Ryanair are the worst but I've been lucky enough to only fly with them to Dublin so I've not been on one of their planes long enough to experience just how bad they are.
>>
Best was Etihad Airways. I'd rank KLM second for me. Better than the German airlines I've flown in. American/US Air ways have been the worst. Delta most meh. Not horrible, not great.
>>
>>1050146
Best: Turkish, KLM
Alright: Aeromexico
Worst: AA, United
>>
>>1050146
yea my best was probably either KLM or Icelandair

KLM in flight entertainment is really good and theres so much free food and drink
>>
>>1050146
I thought Cathay Pacific was pretty nice. Jetblue is good if you can get a decent fare but the routes are limited.

>>1050149
American, United, and Delta have tons of older planes. Nothing worse than getting on an MD-80 that looks like it was put in service sometime in the early 90's. Then to get mediocre service on top of that.
>>
I haven't flown every airline, obviously, but my experience is that, other than a few third-world airlines that should be avoided, yea, like unto a plague, the difference between airlines is less than the difference between planes/routes within an airline. And less than people make it out to be.
>>
Emirates was the best by a long shot, it was a nine hour night flight from Cape Town to Dubai and we had free food and drink and the food was excellent and the drinks alcoholic, blankets provided, wake up cards to hang by the seat if you want to be woken up for dinner, night time sleeping socks, small toothbrush and toothpaste, etc. Just all around great

worst is probably some shitty budget airline like Ryanair
>>
>>1050146
Best is probably KLM or Air Canada. Nice planes, great service and in-flight entertainment.

Worst is Delta, hands down.
Can't really complain about the service, but sweet lord the planes look like they're from the early 90's. I fly quite a bit over the atlantic and sometimes when i need to save up on travel expenses i have to go with Delta since they're much cheaper but the entertainment for 9 hours is watching movies on a screen not much larger than an iPod Video. Also, you can't choose what movie to whatch at what time, it's like a TV were you flip through the channels. Oh, your movie is finished and the one you want to watch next is already 45 minutes in? Too bad.
>>
Best:
1. SAS
2. Air Canada
3. KLM

Worst
1. Austrian Air
2. American
3. US Airways

Whatever you do, don't fly with Austrian Air. Fuck was that the most uncomfortable flight ever. The seats were so cramped that I, a short person, could not find a single comfortable position the whole night. I had to spend 9 hours on this plane and it was pure hell.
>>
Never had a horrid experience because I avoid budget airlines.
And even when I had mild experiences, it was some passengers' fault, not the airline itself.

As for the best, any major airline in business class, long haul. I am not very picky.
>>
Surprised EasyJet hasn't been mentioned yet..
>>
>>1050369

Easyjet is pretty decent for a budget airline in my experience.

RyanAir is by far the worst I've been on, the way they take off and land seems to be done in a way to intentionally make me throw up.
>>
Best:
Cathay Pacific
KLM
Singapore
Easyjet (for the budget category)

Worst:
Royal Jordanian
Southern China
Virgin Vietnam
Ryan Air (they've gotten better lately though)

It's a mix of customers and airline competency if you ask me. For example if you fly a Chinese or Indian airline you have to deal with the worst category of travellers. If you fly Ryan air, it tends to be 'lads on tour' which can be bad also.
>>
Flying to Tokyo with Turkish Airlines next year, first time flying with them and i'm really nervous. I don't mind flying itself but I get really anxious about losing my bags, missing connecting flights, delays etc.
>>
>>1050401
I flew with Turkish Airlines last year and had a good experience, so the flight shouldn't be a problem at least
>>
File: DSC_3085.jpg (252 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3085.jpg
252 KB, 800x530
Suprised at the high KLM ratings, I find them to be mediocre at best.

I have good experiences with Lufthansa and Cathay myself.
>>
Anyone ever flew with german wings / euro wings? I have a flight coming up soon to köln with German wings them onto into eurowings to Bangkok. Will I die ?
>>
File: AirNZ 777-300ER-0255.jpg (200 KB, 742x350) Image search: [Google]
AirNZ 777-300ER-0255.jpg
200 KB, 742x350
PERFECTION TIER
>Air NewZealand

NICE TIER
>Etihad
>Singapore Airlines
>Emirates
>AirCanada

OKAY TIER
>LAN
>Lufthansa
>WestJet
>QANTAS
>VirginAustralia

SHIT TIER
>Lot Airlines
>RyanAir (duh)
>AirAsia
>Tiger Airways
>American Airlines
>Delta
>JAL

SCUM OF THE EARTH TIER
>TAM
>Garuda

Only the airlines I've flown, though I've always wanted to try ThaiAirways and KLM.

pic related, AirNZ premium economy
>>
>>1050404
At least you can rest assured food is going to be relatively great, seat space will be generous, and alcohol will be poured.
>>
>>1050448
>Air New Zealand
>not Eh Nu Zullend

Low quality meming tbqh family
>>
Best
>Westjet

Worst
>United
>>
>>1050448
I had TAM connecting to LAN going from Europe to Chile once. I don't think I've ever had such a big change in quality on the same trip before.

Shame the long leg was with TAM - one of the worst.
>>
qatar is by far the best i've been on
cathay is second
and the rest (qantas, lufthansa, air france and some chinese one i don't remember) are all in the okay, but not really worth mentioning tier
>>
>>1050146
>>1050149
>tfw booked an international flight through Delta, but with the exception of the 1st leg from the local airport to ATL, the entire trip will be with KLM
>>
>>1050146
Best I've been on is a tie between Qantas and Emirates

Worst by far is British Airways, would not recommend
>>
>KLM
>flying the airline who had such overconfident pilots that they negligently killed almost 600 people in a single accident
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_airport_disaster
>>
>>1052257
That was almost 40 years ago. How is that relevant?
>>
I know the worst, and it's definitely RyanAir.
Luckily I haven't had to fly third world airlines yet, so idk how relevant this is.

My fave flights were with Lufthansa, but I barely fly Lufthansa, really.

I fly KLM a lot actually, I would assume they're kind of average...? I mean what matters the most, the planes and pilots seem great, Schiphol is nice, but everything else is kind of meh.

Out of low cost I like EasyJet and WizzAir equally.
>>
Qatar Airways was the best so far. KLM is decent, food is good, service is nice tho nothing to be excited about. They also tend to overcharge some routes.
Lufthansa is nice. German punctuality and efficiency. Food is not bad, hate their airport though.
Worst I've flown so far has to be Alitalia. Planes feel old and bolted together even on their international flights. The entertainment system is horrible although it was probably cutting edge in the 80's. Their main airport in Rome is horrible and all flights I had with them were late by at least an hour (departures as well). Their only redeeming quality is the food.

Budget airlines are a whole different breed. EasyJet was horrible. Recently flew with ryanair and while they seem to want to milk every cent out of you, you essentially get what you pay for. Have to agree that their landings temd to be way bumpier in windy weather than what I'd like.
>>
Fly Dubai doesn't offer as much as a cup of water, but for their prices I can't really complain.

Their flights are super empty where you get the whole row to yourself or are filled with all the migrant workers flying in/out of Dubai who have no concept of how to behave on a plane. I'll never forget the look on the flight attendant's face when he saw that it was a plane full of loud Ethiopian workers.
>>
>>1050371
>Implying you can actually sit in those shit seats without breaking your back.

And sleeping? Don't even think about it buddy, my neck was sore as fuck.
>>
Best
>Singapore
>Virgin America

Decent
>Air NZ
>Qantas
>WestJet

Worst
>American
>British Airways

Would never fly again
>EasyJet
>>
>all these entitled faggots complaining about Ryanair/Easyjet

You won't fly with them for more than 4 hours, and they bring you to the other side of Europe for the price of a t-shirt. What the fuck are you niggers complaining for?
>>
Best: Singapore Airlines, couldn't be much better.

Worst: Probably Finnair or Eastern China Airlines. But neither were THAT bad, I never used the truly crap airlines, read too many horrible reviews to even consider flying AirAsia or RyanAir, etc
>>
When I read people writing "horror stories" about Ryanair I always wonder what they were expecting from an airliner where the ride to the airport was probably at least as expensive as the flight.

I have flown loads with them and while you don't have to expect any service or amenities, I'm flying to London or Italy for under 30 euros.
>>
>>1050146
>and free food and drink.
Why does everyone mention this?

I have never been on an airline except for sub 1h flights (and even on those, you still often get at least a tiny thing to eat) and budget airlines where I did not get something.

Is that an american thing?
>>
>>1052979
Having to pay for alcohol is.
>>
>>1050146

Best I've had: KLM

Worst I've had: Frontier
>>
>>1052987
So far I always had beer or wine included in my flight price, but I admit, I havent tried too many. (lufthansa, condor, emirates, austrian, swiss, bulgaria air)
Have never tried liquors though…

btw, I really like how KLM is always so high ranked. Was kinda worried when I booked a transatlantic flight with them a while ago, since they where by far the cheapest option, but I guess I'll be fine. Or at least as fine as one can be in cattle class…
>>
Best: Virgin America
Cool cabins, relaxing, you feel like a bit of a celebrity.

Worst: Southwest
Awful customer service, you're treated like cattle, always late/gate changes/planes breaking down.
>>
Best tier
> Emirates
> KLM

Okay tier
> Turkish
> Delta

Worst tier
> Aeroflot

Hope you land tier
> Caspian (Tupolev planes are a joke)
> Armavia
>>
Im flying Cathay soon. Whats it like?
>>
>>1050146

I'm Dutch, but have never used KLM. Ever. Overpriced shit.

Nothing can beat the price to quality ratio of the Arabic airlines: Emirates and Qatar are absolutely the best out there today.
>>
I've flown with a number of airlines and have never found myself very much more or less impressed with one versus another. I've liked KLM, Delta, Turkish, and AirIndia quite a lot.

Spirit and EasyJet are uncomfortable and having annoying attendants but you get what you pay for. AirAstana was alright and had decent service.

VivaColombia was miserable. Every single flight I took with them departed late. The pilots were always rocking around the planes in midair, and I'd see people making the sign of the cross before getting onboard.
>>
>>1053702
>Nothing can beat the price to quality ratio of the Arabic airlines: Emirates and Qatar are absolutely the best out there today.
But you have to factor in that they are massively state sponsored, and thus dont really have to care for stuff like being profitable, or buying the planes they need to make money, instead of getting the ones they want because they look cool.

>Overpriced shit.
How so?
Seems like they are mostly in the normal price bracket for non budget airlines, often even among the cheaper ones, for the connections I looked at recently.

Also, good look flying from europe to the US with an arab carrier. Have fun adding 12 hours to your trip to go in the opposite direction first, and paying more, because that route is not really in demand.
>>
>>1050146
>People think Ryanair are the worst but I've been lucky enough to only fly with them to Dublin so I've not been on one of their planes long enough to experience just how bad they are.

Nobody did so because RyanAir only offers short distances. And for that they're getting the job done, don't need a lot of comfort when you're spending two hours in there anyway
>>
Malaysian Airlines was pretty good
British Airways was good too

Easyjet is ok
ThaiAirways was ok too

RyanAir was meh, but who cares when its cheap and short
>>
Best:
>Delta (no kidding)
>KLM

Good:
>Finnair
>Norwegian
>Airberlin

Ok/Decent:
>airBaltic
>Lufthansa
>Malév Hungarian Airlines (ceased operations in 2012 I think)
>AirFrance

Bad:
>Ryanair (only fly if have to, or if I manage to get cheap tickets)

Absolute shit:
>OnurAir

I know Delta gets a lot of shit but I really liked it. Friendly staff and flights were pleasant and on time. They really should upgrade some of their planes though.
>>
Best:
IcelandAir
Air Canada
British Airways

Worst :
Sata

Sata isn't even that bad really. It's just the planes are old af
>>
>>1053770

>have to factor in that they are massively state sponsored

Why? I want the best and they provide it. Who cares if it's state sponsored, irrelevant argument. And the service and quality they deliver for fuck all prices makes them the best. I flew from Cape Town to London for a measly € 230. KLM will charge you at least € 800 for the same trip. No wonder all the Western airliners are on the verge of bankruptcy, they suck massive balls.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 1600x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 1600x802
>>1052432
Finnair has gotten alot better with the a350

http://youtu.be/rg7fscOTcSM

http://youtu.be/_YHYwYiqXUg
>>
Never had any problems with US Air, can't complain. Delta seems poorly run and there's always some bullshit going on with them every time you fly that inconviniences you. I love Alaska Airlines, I may be biased since my aunt is a flight attendant with them and gets me cheap standby seats, but they seem really well run and treat you well.
>>
>>1053944
This.

Because of the massive delays of A350 deliveries Finnair got 2 ex AirFrance A340's which were utter crap and they were used on many long haul flights (to Singapore and Japan mainly) because newer A330 couldn't fly so far from Helsinki. Finnair has gotten a lot of crap because of these outdated A340s but after getting those A350s things must have improved a lot.
>>
>>1052432
I have flown Finnair many times to Asia in business class and it's been great. One of the best airlines actually. Not as luxurious as Singapore Air, but considering it's cheap, it's top quality for the price. Spacious seats, great food and service, nothing to complain about at all.
>>
saved from /10/
>>
Best:
1.KLM
2. Norwegian
3. Air Transat
4. British Airways

Worst:
1. Air Canada
2. AirExplore (literally the shittiest old planes with worst cabin crew)
>>
On a layover between KLM flights. I will say their human element is one of the things that makes them tops. Excellent air hostesses. The alcohol and food quality helps as well, though. Their seat back system is pretty top notch , too
>>
Always solid
>KLM
>Lufthansa
>Turkish Airlines

Good
>Swiss
>AtlasGlobal

Okay for the money
>Easyjet
>Pegasus Airlines
>Corendon
>Transavia

Shit
>Onur Air
>>
I fly JetBlue almost exclusively, due to the fact that they fly to everywhere I have family from my local airport.

Their service is pretty good, free snacks/drinks, and some decently priced buy-on-board options.

I also flew Virgin America the last time I went from FLL to SFO, and they had some excellent service.

Southwest has the flight attendants, and free bags, but I'm not a fan of the rest of the service.

Absolute worst, however, was US Airways (Prior to the merger with AAL)

Plane was uncomfortable, service sucked, two of the three lavatories on the flight were out of order, and there was no IFE.
>>
I got a RyanAir from Budapest to Belgium for $5.70 usd so as long as they land the thing I don't give a fuck
>>
Norwegian is the shit. By far the best entertainment system of all airlines. Dreamliners are super cool and you can order shit directly to your seat.

They still have some work to do on the food though, but for the price, its amazing
>>
>>1055996
US Airways has always had that rep,that's why they were called Useless Airways. And when they were Allegheny Airlines they were Agony airlines.
>>
>Best
Turkish Airlines; good staff, decent food, decent alcohol selection, good entertainment choices. Bit cramped though

>worst
Ryanair; felt like a sardine in a can, rude staff too
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.