[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Three Days in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Europe_countries_map_en_2.png (620 KB, 1473x1198) Image search: [Google]
Europe_countries_map_en_2.png
620 KB, 1473x1198
Hi everyone,

I'll have three full days in Europe (late that Sunday night to early Thursday morning) soon to travel where I please, starting in Milan and ending anywhere within a few hour's train ride of Milan. Does anyone have route suggestions?

I love to explore food, so Lyon has always been high on my list and I'm thinking that will be the center point. Maybe something like fly to Barcelona from Milan, take a train to Lyon and then a train to Nice, where I will meet back with my company from Milan?

I'm open to any thoughts at this point.
>>
>>1048387
You'll spend most of your short three days in airports and in trains. It's a far better idea to just stay around Milan.
>>
>>1048475
I've been before and the last time I only had two days to explore solo. I did two separate day trips. Took a train to Rome one day and a train to Zurich the next.

It would not be hard to cover my example route of flying to Barcelona Sunday night, getting to Lyon by Tuesday/Wednesday and then meeting up with my company Thursday morning in Nice. Especially since I intend to do most of my sleeping on the plane/train.
>>
Similar question. I'm flying into madrid and have 96 hours there. Should I split my time between madrid and barcelona, or stay in madrid.

Madrid only will be convenient but i wont get a chance to come back to europe for a while I think. Is it worth it to deal with the hassle of being tired and traveling to another city given I will only be there for 4 days?
>>
Just pick one place and spend a few nights there.

Things I'd consider that are relatively close are:
- Bled / Bohinj, Slovenia
- Lyon, France
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Salzburg, Switzerland
>>
>>1049455
madrid is a lovely city. is it possible to fly out from barcelona for you? probably not, huh?

i'd recommend a day trip to toledo from madrid for you. it's a lovely, historic city.

but going to barcelona is not impossible, hell, it might even be doable on a day-trip. the train ride takes 2 1/2 hours these days, it's somewhat pricey though.
>>
>>1048387
You don't have three days to spend anywhere in Europe, you have three days to spend around Milan. If I was staying in Boston for 3 days, you woulnd't recommend me to go to Vancouver just because I'm already in Northern America, right?

So pick something near Milan and stay there. Florence is beautiful. Lyon is also alright.
>>
>>1048387
Smaller things around Milano that would be worth a visit where you can find some historic sights, nice nature, very good regional food and still pretty much un-americanized in terms of tourism.

Lago di Garda (just about everything around it)
The Como & Lugano region
South Tyrolia (Bozen & Meran)
All about 4h max by train and worth a 1-2 day stay.
>>
>>1049513
salzburg is not in switzerland faggot it's in AUSTRIA
>>
Also Venice, Bologna, Florence, Verona and Turin are also close to Milan and definitely worth a visit.
>>
>>1049571
Very true! My brain must've seriously fucked up there.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.