[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to travel and I want to make a living doing it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
i have a plan to take an old van and convert it into a high tech camper van and travel around the us creating content for the internet. videos, blogs, vlogs, I even have a plan to make a documentary. the biggest issue i still keep running into. money. It won't cost that much to get going but I'm a poor OEF vet that is has to live with the inlays because the foundation i thought the army was helping me build crumbled under my feet as soon as i walked out of there gates. All i want to do is drive around the us (at first) and show everyone everything. I want to not only show things like cool places and cool things to see and do. i want to also go into the bazaar as well. things like suspension and any weird or interesting things we can find hiding underground. I want to show us ourselves.
>>
>>1047930
Been done to death anon.
There are so many people doing this now that it is a cliche
#vanlife
#overland
#homeiswhereyouparkit
#nomadicfanatic
#whereismyofficenow
>>
I can't disagree with that. I just don't see another way to live my life. It has been done to death but it also works for some. I'm not looking to get rich i just want to be happy.
>>
>>1047938
>OEF vet
How about you go get a job as an over the road trucker?
You can pull your weight and get paid paid very well at the same time.
You get a ton of extra money your first year for being a vet.
>>
thats a good idea... I want to be a filmmaker and I want to travel. Thats kind of how I even came up with the idea.
>>
>>1047945
>I want to be a filmmaker
Your entire generation wants to be filmmakers .Can you think of more productive dreams to have?
You cant all be attention whores anon. Someone has to do the real work in the world.
>>
Im not part of this generation
>>
>>1047973
Whatever your generation, you can find better things to do with your time than film.
Honestly , this has become a sickness. Just get a job and lead a normal life. The world does not need more filmmakers right now.
>>
i would rather die then not even attempt it
>>
>>1047985
Enjoy 500 YouTube subs, there is already years worth of that stuff freely available on YouTube.
>>
>>1047930

You're getting solid advice ITT Anon. >>1047941
is especially good. If you go through with your "plan"/dream you'll end up homeless within 2 years.
>>
>>1048039
/thread
>>
>>1048039
He's right you know

I drive trucks btw

You could also sell rugs out of a van from a warehouse. Some israeli guy tried hiring me to do that not long ago.

Also look up "recraigslisting"
>>
>>1048625
Class A?
Who do you drive for?
>>
>>1047933
I would not say that there are a lot of people doing this. Living in vans isn't common.
>>
>>1048880
>Living in vans isn't common.

It has become very common actually.
Google stealth camping. People are doing this full time.
Just check out any walmart for white vans parked off in a corner away from the store.
>>
Make a kickstarter or indiegogo or maybe a patreon is better?
Make sure to adress that you're an OEF vet.
You'll have the required money in no time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.