[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gypsies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
How do you avoid gypsies?

They're always trying to pickpocket me and they're fucking everywhere: Barcelona, Paris, Istanbul and Sweden. The worst is when they try to sell you worthless stuff to distract you; I once caught a gypsy girl trying to steal the wallet from my pocket.
>>
>>1045512
>How do I avoid someone that I can spot from 100mtrs away?
Take it to /pol
>>
Don't look like a tourist and or an easy target. If they try to sell you shit or talk to you just ignore them
>>
lol i guess you have to be born in eastern europe to get the necessary skills.

let me share some of them with you.

do not carry anything that is more valuable than the average of what tourist are carrying in the area. do people have cheap phones in that country in general? that's a sign for you to leave your golden iphone 6s at home, and take a throwaway huawei or something. do not let your camera hang on your under no circumstances.

do not show all your cash. have coins spread all over your pockets of your trousers and jacket and every other pocket you have. similarly, put different notes in different pockets. depending on how much you need to pay and how many people see you pay, take out only the most suitable note, and do not touch the other pockets.
dress down. in istanbul go as far as to carry plastic bags instead of proper bags if you're in the really bad area. make sure the bag is moderately used, and not see-through. better yet, do not carry a bag if it's avoidable.
probably the best advise is to have a poor face. do not look content with your life, especially during night. someone asks you something? ignore it. do not look their way. if you accidentally look, do not smile, do not frown, no sudden movements, just keep your pace and act as if you just accidentally looked their way instead of noticing their presence. do they follow you? go to a lighter area. look for security cameras, places where there's more traffic, anywhere where people could hear you ask for help. if you're being followed first try to avoid going in the direction of your hotel, just try to go somewhere moderately crowded.
speaking of crowds, avoid crowds otherwise. people should not touch you in crowds, even if it's a latin place. create your space and guard it. if someone enters your space, make brief eye contact with them, check their hands, but also check for any other pressure or loss of pressure of your bag straps.

that was 101, any eastern euro person could write a novel on this
>>
>>1045683

all true

same can be said if you are from Portugal, Spain, Southern France (marseille)
>>
>>1045512
I'v been through europe and there is a simple answer

gypsies ake advantage of civil human behavior, and common decency
I've seen them pick-pocketing, teaching kids to feign injuries, hastling couples at romantic spots

don't treat them like humans
don't make eye contact, don't speak to them
if they ask you for directions, smile at you, ignore them
if they get to close push them away

they abused the common courtesy we afford to people, so they lost the right to civil treatment
>>
Throw your children at them
>>
Thread tl:dr -- Situatio0nal awareness.
>>
>>1045512
Living in Paris, have to deal with them almost daily.
Just ignore them, put your hands in your pockets, if they insist just say loudly "FUCK NO".
Also most of these gypsies are either kids or girls so if you're scared of them then you must be a pussy.
>>
>>1046205
The "Stall" will be a kid or a girl. The one running whatever scam or con they have going will be a male.
>>
In Brasov I was followed by a gypsy family (1 young mother, 6-8 children) for several hours throughout the city. One of the kids grabbed a big rock and put it in the middle of the road with a hat covering it up. A car came and ran it over and probably caused a fair bit of damage. I later saw them at the train station where the mother was beating the shit out of one of her daughters (who was probably 5 or so) for crying and swinging her around by the arm. The security guards intervened and got them to fuck off.

That's my gypsy story.
>>
Where can I find some cheap and relatively pretty gypsy hookers? I want to use one like a worthless piece of meat. I have some kind of a fetish for their looks. Not the ugliest ones though.
>>
>>1046473
You will be robbed blind
>>
>>1046473

I was offered some in Macedonia and Romania. In the first case I ended up being robbed overnight (no I didn't accept the offer, I was hanging out with gypsies though) while in the second I argued via Whatsapp (ty GoogleTranslate) with this 16 year old who wanted me to send her money even though we never did anything. Refused to do so and she said she'd stop talking to me because I'm poor and I stink. When I met her her 17yo boyfriend tried to "sell her" to me.

tl;dr don't venture into gypsy hookers.

(I have to say I've met nice gypsies though in Bulgaria and Ukraine. I'm not gypsy, I just happen to frequently meet them in my travels.)
>>
Would gypies steal the clothes you are wearing? For example, you bought yourself a nice scarf for the winter or sunglasses/hats for the summer.

Also if you beat up a gypsies that tried to steal your stuff would the police care? I mean gypsies steal and are the scum of society, but police don't take any actions to stop them.
>>
>>1047169

I'm the guy who posted above you. Ime i was given a shirt by gypsies... they still took my money though. And the time I was robbed in Macedonia they took my socks and shoes. But I wasn't wearing them...
>>
Was in CZ, AT, IT and SP (Barcelona only)
Sep-Oct, and I hardly saw any Gypsies. Quite a contrast to what I saw in the warmer (peak tourism?) months prior.

Even in a shit-tier context like the Rambla, I only saw a few, and they were fairly well-behaved for Gypsies. shockingly, no pickpockets either --and yes, with even a little experience and awareness, you can spot the goat-fucking niggers from a hundred yards away.

I saw beggars in Praha, but they were white, and also in Salzburg, but they beg-in-place, not like the fucking Gypsies.
>>
>>1045512
This is all good gypsy advice. The intent is indeed that you don't give them common courtesy, or even a millisecond of a moment of your time. You need to be something other than a possible mark, and that's the opener.

I wear a jacket, and any bag is under it. Wear clothing that has your zippers and ability to hide money. And, yes, fold a 5, a 10, money in different places if you go out shopping. No one should see your hiding place, or know what is left in there, from shop window onlookers, to actual sellers. It's a big secret. If you need to adjust your funds, you do it to/from the money belt or back in your room or even in a bathroom at a restaurant. Do not be afraid to step into a business to lose a tail, sit down for coffee, suddenly change your plans to make a watcher waste time and move on. If a person follows you in and bothers you there, you eye the owner, who usually shoos them out with great anger, because they are freaking more sick of gypsies than you are. Hotels will do the same. Walk into a lobby and see how long before they are kicked out.

In general, I do pay attention to wearing local clothes, or some label if I can manage it, esp shoes, that do not scream american. I will also dress more like a day worker, than someone who is a tourist. This lends a touch more respect and polish when visiting a religious landmark, or going to a finer restaurant impromptu as well. But, in most countries of the world, US excluded, casual athletic dress usually means riffraff, and it's not that acceptable for wealthy respectable people who aren't counterculture. You will different treatment, dress the part.
>>
Listen to gangster rap.
I'm not kidding, the aggressiveness of the music will hype you up for any confrontation.

Here's a personal favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW07wq_el9E
>>
Speaking of shitty people. Why are Romanians so hostile? Is it just my experience?
>>
>>1047731
They seemed pretty nice in general last year I was there.
>>
File: 1446256144882.jpg (119 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
1446256144882.jpg
119 KB, 625x468
Just don't stop for them.
>>
>>1045683

Spotted the Ric Steves reader.

Don't put all your money in different pockets, that's stupid. Keep your money in your passport case with your passport against your body at all times, even when sleeping. If you need more cash than what's in your walled, go in the shitter and pull some out.
>>
>>1047731
I friend who went to Romain told me the same.
>>
>>1047731

I went to Bucharest and people-wise it's one of the worst places I've ever been to in Europe. From what I saw in other cities (I hitched through Piatra Neamt, Targu Neamt and Suceava) people were mostly okay. I mean, how can you expect a client to give money to sleep in a hostel dorm when the owner promises you to be STILL nice to you after you give her the money? Also very clearly telling me she didn't give two fucks about my story ( I was just robbed a few minutes earlier while looking for another hostel) and that she wanted only the money.
>>
Amerifag here. How do you not know this? Hand in or on your pockets in a crowd, especially a tram, if you think someone is following or getting to close give them a quick look. All about awareness. Keep your space. You talk to them or acknowledge their junk? Are you from Branson, Missouri, friend?

Also I like the wear an ugly look advice, I started doing this in NY and in Europe it will keep you from being a target, or any major city.
>>
Stab them to death
>>
>>1047584
>esp shoes, that do not scream american
I am curious: what shoes broadcast americanism?
>>
I'm liberal as hell but there needs to be a mass incarceration of all gypsies. Their predatory, parasitic nature makes the rest of mankind look bad.
>>
>>1046355
wow... what scum.
I recently found out that i am 1/8th gypsy.
Nobody must ever know.
>>
>>1047721
good choice.
i grew up in the same building as him. He got shot when i was 5 years old. I didnt hear his music until much later because my parents did everything they could to keep me off the streets.
>>
>>1047968
It's more like wearing whatever brand locals would choose to buy. One thing that does scream american is white sneakers, or socks which are white. One thing that the rest of the world does that nearly no one in the US will do are socks with sandals. Soccer trendy brands are huge in S. America, like adidas and puma, and not tops in the US. You can look weird in the US in some Clarks, but not so in UK. But because of exchange rates and tariffs on foreign goods, the right brands to wear on the ground varies in each country.
>>
>>1045683
>>1045688
Pff...
Try living in a violent city in Brazil your whole life then travelling to Europe... Poland, Russia, Turkey, Spain... All look like a giant police station when compared to Brazil. Your robbers/troublemakers are afraid to kill you! AND they are not usually packing... AND they are afraid of shouting!
There is a one-legged crack-smoking motherfucker in my city that scares me way more than an entire parking lot full of gypsies, niggers, arabs, and other "Terrors"...
Seriously, I'm unrobbable here, unless you have a gun or a friend, don't even bother...
>>
As other anons already said, do not give them a second of your time. NEVER EVER.

They usually do not commit violent crimes like niggers, but they are extremely opportunistic and WILL shave you for all they can. The most timid ones do begging with all their children, thats usually mothers who focus on solitary elderly woman and guilt them into compassion. Teenagers and males do small-scale thefts and swindles. They avoid big thievery so its not grounds for any action from police. Their families are huge so everyone just needs to chip in a bit.

I fucking hate them smelly parasites.
>>
>>1047836
>Also I like the wear an ugly look advice, I started doing this in NY and in Europe it will keep you from being a target, or any major city.
This is true. Having a hostile, busy, in your own thoughts, kind of look is a pretty NY way of handling any person who would like to interrupt you on your way. A tourist might meander, a local will walk with purpose and briskly from point A to B. A local will lean against a wall and look out at a space, not stop in their tracks to look up and around, in the middle of a busy path. Stop on the wrong side of metro stairs or escalator in DC and you get real wrath. This city way of life is good to prevent getting being chosen as a target, not giving the criminal and opening to stop you, or that you can't take care of yourself by knowledge/experience/knife to create a scene. I think boots "shit kicker boots" help too. Have the supremacist-biker-metalhead shoes of a tough sonabitch, can add some concern too. Plus you can put in some wicked nice insoles for walking on cobblestones and even have them look okay in the evenings.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.