[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I think I will go to the UK from 21th of Dec to 27th.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
Hello. I think I will go to the UK from 21th of Dec to 27th. I know it's Christmas season. . I will go trip with my friend. But both of us don't know where to go yet. .
I ask for any advice and tips. Please...
thanks in advance.
>>
Maybe give us some more information m8
>>
>>1045345
Seriously consider Wales
>>
Definitely see a pantomime.
>>
File: 1443550545068.jpg (12 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
1443550545068.jpg
12 KB, 426x382
>>1045363
>>
London or Edinburgh to be honest.
>>
>>1045363
Seriously? ???? What can I do in Wales??
>>
>>1045388
Yes I entirely agree with you. ...
>>
We probably do need more info.

The problem is that travel is limited, things like trains will be booked and much more expensive, as will car hire.

The question will be... do you want to stay in one place or move around? And if you do want to stay in one place, what kind of scene do you want?
>>
>>1045391
the countryside is beautiful, the people are friendly, and Cardiff is one of the best cities in britain

along with Edinburgh, Brighton, and Manchester (in my opinion)
>>
>>1045345
Just stay out of London. It's not even remotely even associated with UK anymore, it's entirely an international city. I live in Southampton and even I see shit I never see anywhere else in London. It's just a tourist pit tbh
>>
>>1045345
>>1045547

Londoner here, and I can confirm London probably isn't the best of places to go if you're a tourist, even with all the tourist attractions inside of it. Although I can say from experience that there are many beautiful places in rural England and anywhere but the city in general. Only downside is probably the costs of travel if you don't have the money to spare.

If you're seeking recommendations for places to go while you're there, I'd recommend Cheddar Gorge. It's got its history if you're into that, and there's a small town built in it that's pretty friendly overall.
>>
>>1045547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7JZSYVp_kg
>>
>>1045345
More than Christmas, it's also the middle of winter. The UK is pretty far North, so if you're planning to do anything outside somewhere rural you're not going to have much light (also it tends to rain around then).
>>
>>1045345
I live in York. Beautiful and historic town. Voted the most beautiful town in Europe several years.

Close to Leeds, then Manc then Liverpool. All of them very fun, lively towns with great atmosphere.
>>
Borrowing thread.

Will have to stay in London for a few days in December. My hotel is in Marylebone.

Any areas I should avoid in London? Don't wanna find myself in the middle of a white man hating caliphate...
>>
>>1046783

You wont get far enough away from the middle to see any harm.
>>
>>1046128
I would second York, although I wouldn't really say its near Manchester. Closish to nice coast too
>>
>>1045345
I'd spend 2-3 days in London, 2 days in Edinburgh and remaining in Oxford/Cambridge/Newcastle
>>
>>1046128
Leeds is the shit my man
>>
Cambridge is nice desu
>>
Feel like recommending Bath. It's to my mind the most beautiful city in England (both for architecture and natural setting), and has a fair few things worth visiting, with other historic places (including Cheddar Gorge that someone else mentioned), as well as Wells, Glastonbury nearby, and places like Bristol and Cardiff not being far away either. A classical English location in a few that few places of any size are.
>>
Is there anything to do in/near northampton
>>
>>1047255
If you've got a car, both Oxford and Stratford-upon-are not that far. Public transport from Northampton to them is abysmal, though.
>>
>>1047292
Thanks ill be going to the uk for my first time and im stayin with a pal in northampton and wanted to find stuff to do
>>
>>1046783
No, London's a safe big city. Marylebone's a particularly nice area, as are most of the neighbourhoods immediately adjacent: in the west, Maida Vale/Little Venice, to the north, St John's Wood and West Hampstead, to the east, Primrose Hill, and to the south, the West End/Mayfair. Maybe Lisson Grove and some bits of Maida Hill/West Kilburn are a little bit lairy, but only a little bit, nothing to worry about. None of them remotely caliphate-like.
>>
>>1047304
Obviously that second one should have read "Stratford-upon-Avon". Have fun.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.