[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to hike across central Asia starting at the black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 1460x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 1460x1600
I'm going to hike across central Asia starting at the black sea. Which of the 'Stans, if any, should I make sure to avoid?
>>
>I'm going to hike across Central Asia!
>doesn't know which countries he should or shouldn't visit

sounds legit
>>
>>1039311
How about you not be a shitlord and instead provide advice
>>
>>1039316

How about you use Google instead of asking incredibly retarded questions like "tell me which entire countries I should avoid on the hike through Central Asia I'm probably never going to take."

You are not "going" to hike across Central Asia if you don't have any visas or clue which countries you shouldn't visit. You are "considering" hiking across Central Asia, or, more likely, fantasizing about it.
>>
>>1039316
>shitlord
>not tumblr
pick one
>>
>>1039310
Avoid Pakistan and Afghanistan. The rest of the Stans should be okay. Plan your route accordingly.
>>
If you are starting at the Black Sea in say, Georgia, you should start avoiding Russian kaukasus ( abchazia, dagestan, tchetchenia, and if you go south you should avoid nagorno-karabach
>>
>>1039912
What's wrong with the Russian Caucasus? And apart from landmines, what's wrong with NK? Serious questions.
>>
>>1039916
Nothing
>>
>>1039916
If OP is planning on hiking through the mountains of Dagestan, he will come into contact with some very remote Muslim tribes that don't see many foreigners. None of them speak English, and they will be relatively quick to violence if they feel their honor is being infringed upon. People still do it all the time, but it would probably be best to hire a local guide for some legs of the trek.

Abkhazia is mostly fine, but you should avoid the Georgian border, since they're still pretty ticked about that whole "Russia invading and occupying territory that is recognized by the entire rest of the world to be undisputed Georgian soil" thing.

All Westerners should DEFINITELY avoid Chechnya. I shouldn't have to explain this.
>>
>>1039983
Can you explain more about these Muslim tribes and why they're so scary? You make Dagestan sound really fun tbh. Some anon here was posting good things about hiking in north Ossetia last year.

And tourists cross from Georgia into Abkhazia all the time; as far as I've read there is political tension at the border but zero danger.

I don't believe you've been to Chechnya.
>>
>>1039983
Also, the fuck is wrong with poor little Nagorno Karabakh?
>>
>>1040110
Literally nothing, just stay away from the border because it's still practically an active war zone.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.