[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tup/ - Tulpa General -randomly chosen image edition >Wh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: gHwwCH9deXc.jpg (67 KB, 800x525) Image search: [Google]
gHwwCH9deXc.jpg
67 KB, 800x525
/tup/ - Tulpa General -randomly chosen image edition

>What are tulpas?
A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you.
More info: http://www.tulpa.info/faq/

>What guides do you recommend?
Check these out:
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-new-great-big-list-of-guides

Ask questions and get answers, or discuss tulpas in general

Previous thread: >>3625196
>>
File: Best tuppEr.jpg (143 KB, 556x714) Image search: [Google]
Best tuppEr.jpg
143 KB, 556x714
Wow, I can finally achieve my dream of being the first to post in one of these threads.
To start off, post your tups.
>>
Reminder that denying your tulpa sexuality is abuse.
>>
It's schizophrenia.
>>
>>3761221
:^)
>>
>>3761188
>>
File: Screenshot_33.png (353 KB, 565x280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_33.png
353 KB, 565x280
>>3761188
Beep.
>>
File: 2346532462346.jpg (68 KB, 248x249) Image search: [Google]
2346532462346.jpg
68 KB, 248x249
>>3761188
nice dubs
>>
File: 33.jpg (587 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
587 KB, 1280x1707
>>3761188
>>
File: 235234222.jpg (122 KB, 258x550) Image search: [Google]
235234222.jpg
122 KB, 258x550
>>3761188
>>
Galko anon here, I saw I got brought up last thread.
I've been silently lurking, I haven't given up but admittly I haven't been doing that great the last few weeks. I have a very binge-type personality which really isn't good when trying to develop a tulpa that requires consistency.
>>
>>3761364
lol just got me thinking, anyone have a trump tupper?
>>
File: 235235222111.jpg (185 KB, 1434x872) Image search: [Google]
235235222111.jpg
185 KB, 1434x872
>>3761443
I play civ with my tups sometimes, using mods, and I generally pick trump. Also one of mine just sighed when the first civ she met first was Patrick Bateman and the empire of dubs.
>>
Here's a question actually, since I'm bored enough to ask.
Is it possible to accidentally get a Tulpa?
And secondly, is it possible to have a Tulpa that is literally just yourself?
>>
>>3761490
people've said there's instances where an imaginary friend actually becomes your tulpa, so it's not really on accident, but it's not noticed.

and i dunno, why dont you try it?
>>
>>3761490
>Is it possible to accidentally get a Tulpa?
>And secondly, is it possible to have a Tulpa that is literally just yourself?
Authors report accidental tulpas of their characters sometimes, religious people accidentally make religious icon tulpas sometimes.
If you made a tulpa of yourself then neither of you would realize since there would be no difference in your thinking and conclusions.
>>
File: 8930_20160619023507_1.png (350 KB, 592x584) Image search: [Google]
8930_20160619023507_1.png
350 KB, 592x584
>>3761486

>Middle tulpa is a complete hothead
>Play with the CIA civilization mod
>>
>>3761575
Well, point I'm making is both are true for me.
That nagging voice in the back of one's head? Yeah, that kinda became its own thing in me one day.
No real trigger, it just is.
>>
>>3761693
that sounds cool

>"dayum, look at that ass."
"what would you rate it?"
>"-7"
"-7"
"OH SHIT"
>>
>>3761774
Similar to that, except mostly just points out every little thing that could go wrong and every one of my mistakes.
Eh.
>>
>>3761490
Accidentals happen to some people
As for the doppelganger thing, I know a guy who made a tup that was supposed to be a mirror of himself. But he deviated a lot from that in the end.
>>
>>3761188
Cuddliest/10
>>
>>3761490
I got a tulpa by an accident. I fell in love from the first sight so hard that I couldn't think of anything else than her. After some time I started hearing her, later seeing, later feeling. I lived with her for a year before I found out what tulpas are and that she is one.
>>
tulpa does not exist
>>
>>3761188
She is so cute and cuddly. l just can't help myself when I throw a ball pit plastic ball at her face. As it then falls to the ground afterwards doing absolutely no harm, but the word fatality rings from the heavens throughout the wonderland. While she floats there staring at me agitated, oh what a day it is to be alive.
>>
File: My Doctor Ooooh Spooky.jpg (53 KB, 787x583) Image search: [Google]
My Doctor Ooooh Spooky.jpg
53 KB, 787x583
>>3761188
>>
>>3765105
(You)
>>
File: 1439147752538.gif (459 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1439147752538.gif
459 KB, 500x409
>>3760986
Ask for a cute semendemon tupper- get a lifelong nightmare.
>>
File: blanca.png (399 KB, 683x1293) Image search: [Google]
blanca.png
399 KB, 683x1293
>>3761188
finally found more images which semi-fit her appearance. She's a mix between this one and one I'm posting next
>>
File: blanca.png (863 KB, 1200x1714) Image search: [Google]
blanca.png
863 KB, 1200x1714
>>3771598
she gets the spots, ears, paws, and outfit from the one above. She gets the chest floof, eyes, and >no head hair from this one
>>
>>3764308
That's a cute story, who's the girl who you loved into existence?
>>
>>3764308
were you the anon that got a tulpa just by constantly daydreaming about a character for days on end until sounds started appearing?
>>
>>3770963
:^)
>>
>>3771999
Nice trips. Pic related.
>>3773390
I don't know if I'm the same anon, but it's the same situation. I daydreamed a lot at that time, had a whole little universe with many characters. She started from being one of them, but I ended up "pulling her out" to live with me.
>>
File: 1445827837369.jpg (70 KB, 320x294) Image search: [Google]
1445827837369.jpg
70 KB, 320x294
>>3771999
>>
Conversation topics while forcing?
>>
>>3778802
Hell if I know.
>>
>>3778802
depression
I go on for hours every day about it
but in a way where I feel like its passed, so it doesn't affect him much
>>
>>3778802
>>3779729
>>3779902
If you are just trying to have a conversation, passive force. Whenever anything you think worthy of talking about/getting advice about happens during the day you just quickly talk with them about that.
Active forcing is better when you are DOING something, which is why it is good to have a wonderland. You can build, walk around, feel the fake breeze, have a meal etc.
>>
>>3778802
Whatever is on your mind. Talk about a topic you like. Talk about a topic they might like. Politics, philosophy, whatever. Things that can be answered by them would probably foster develpment the most.
>>
>>3760986
I have a question. Let's say, hypothetically, you were to accidentally make a tulpa. Would there be any way to get rid of it/him/her?
>>
>>3780730
Kill yourself, take them with you.
>>
>>3780730
Yeah there is, you can just ignore them until they disappear. However this process is extremely difficult because it's a very slow death, and it'll probably depress you.
>>
>>3780964
Does this even work after early creation? Tulpas that are years old get pretty ingrained.
>>
>>3780730
>>3781062
You can certainly "deactivate" a tulpa, but it'll probably be there forever. Any sort of attention, conscious or unconscious, would probably reactivate it at least partially. The idea that people could get rid of them and pretend like it never happened is probably just a comfort thing.

That's why you shouldn't do this unless you're super committed to it.
>>
>>3779956
talking isn't considered active forcing?
>>
>>3781936
Active and passive forcing are stupid terms because they don't represent their meaning. Active forcing is when you concentrate on nothing but interacting with your tulpa: close your eyes and block out noise, try to "see" and "hear" your visualization etc. You can certainly talk to it while doing this but if you are JUST talking there is no real reason to. Passive forcing is just when you give them split attention: ie interact while also doing other stuff like walking around, reading something etc. If you JUST want to talk you are better off passive forcing, since you can just talk about whatever comes to you during the day.
>>
>>3782053
so would vocalization and asking questions in a dark quiet room be considered active forcing?
because some say vocalization includes just talking, and others say that active forcing is just visualization.
>>
no 404
>>
>>3778802

Here's a link that's full of conversation topics:

http://teflpedia.com/Category:Conversation_questions
>>
File: luna-edit.jpg (610 KB, 2507x3541) Image search: [Google]
luna-edit.jpg
610 KB, 2507x3541
>>3761188
>>
>>3761395
Your tulpa a cute.
>>
Page 8 bump.

Hug your tulpa randomly, post results.
>>
For those of you who believe that tulpas have sentience, think again because they don't. They may seem to act on their own, but in actuality everything they say and do is because of your subconscious.
Think of it like dreaming, normally when dreaming of people or animals you have no control over their actions. That's because your subconscious is usually in control when you dream not because they have sentience.
But with enough focus and training you can control your dreams. Just like when you make a tulpa, you focus in your mind. You decide how they look, and to some degree you can decide how they act.
But after a while they start to have a personality of their own. That "personality" is not of their own, but it's yours, your tulpa starts to pick up habits from your subconscious. This is why you and your tulpa can never truly have different taste, you if like a song your tulpa with like it too and vice versa.
Again I'm not denying the existence of tulpas, just denying the fact that they have sentience. To put it in simple terms.
A tulpa is not someone new, but instead a different version of you.
>>
>>3793049
This is a naive view of tulpas. The "subconscious" is a very vague term and idea, and doesn't mean anything when you try to use it to explain tulpas.

Regardless of that, though, if a tulpa acts sentient, then whether it is "truly" sentient is hardly relevant.
>>
>>3793123
>The "subconscious" is a very vague term and idea,
But that's just it, it's our subconscious that can make us have fucked up dreams. The fact that our subconscious is a vague term gives it more power and whats it unpredictable.
> if a tulpa acts sentient, then whether it is "truly" sentient is hardly relevant.
I agree there, the relevance whether it is true or not hardly matters to most tulpas owners. But my claim that tulpas are not sentient and they're controlled by our subconscious still remains to be a solid claim.
>>
>>3793355
>But my claim that tulpas are not sentient and they're controlled by our subconscious still remains to be a solid claim.
But it isn't, though. Subconscious literally doesn't mean anything. Excuse the irony here, but subconscious is a new-agey bullshit term. Pick a word (or set of words) that better describes what you're talking about. What do you mean when you say subconscious?
>>
File: N-neigh.jpg (27 KB, 329x294) Image search: [Google]
N-neigh.jpg
27 KB, 329x294
>>3761981
Wait wait wait, that's not normal?
>>
>>3793404
I'll use the google definition.
>of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one's actions and feelings.
The deepest part of our mind which is normally closed off to us. To say that the word "Subconscious" doesn't mean anything is stupid.
literally almost everything you may have over looked or "forgotten" still lingers in your subconscious.
Now if the only strength in your argument is to try and say that the word subconscious doesn't mean anything which it clearly does, don't even bother having this discussion with me.
>>
>>3793574
>The deepest part of our mind which is normally closed off to us.
Dropped. Please read a cognitive science textbook and get a more modern idea of how the mind works, or at least something past the google-provided definition of subconscious.

Here is your (You), don't spend it all in one place.
>>
>>3793711
And I see that you can't even find a good argument for my claim. If what I said contradicts something, present it in your argument.
You say the word subconscious doesn't mean anything, but the same can be said about tulpas, expect that it's possible to prove one over the other.
Don't get me wrong I believe in the existence of tulpa, I'm just looking at it from both sides.
>>
>>3793846
Different guy, but two of the common theories I see are:
If there is a series of neural processes which allow you to be genuinely free thinking, making a tulpa re-allocates some of that potential and partially cordons it off. So you are disconnecting part of your own ability for free will and building a new personality to run on it.
If a tulpa is just a projection of the subconscious, then you are too. "Finished" tulpas seem to have free will and we can't really tell if they do or not, so who knows if WE actually have free will or just seem to have it.
>>
>>3794466
>If a tulpa is just a projection of the subconscious, then you are too.
Yup we are, so by connection tulpas are too
> "Finished" tulpas seem to have free will and we can't really tell if they do or not, so who knows if WE actually have free will or just seem to have it.
The way I see it the "finished" or more "defined" tulpas seem to have free will because in the beginning stage of tulpa making you're the one who controls it, by controlling what it does/say.
After more and more focus the tulpa starts taking habits from your subconscious for example you see/hear something funny from TV/Internet or whatever, and you forget about it.
Then your tulpa recreates what you saw/heard to make you laugh.
Just the thought of our mind creating sentient life, just doesn't make any logical sense, if that's the case would you also consider the people in your dreams having sentience?
>>
>>3794983
Are you familiar with the concept of servitors? They're comparable to video game AI in the most advanced sense, and some have proposed by using imposition you could create a "Heads-Up Display" servitor that served various uses. That said, I would have to disagree with your assessment that tulpas are copies of you, because it is entirely possible to wind up with tulpas that are vastly different from the host in every conceivable way or like things that you have never liked or like. Also, creating a tulpa is a conscious effort; it requires you to actively partake in creating it. Another point where you're incorrect is you controlling the tulpa; in fact, if you puppet/parrot a tulpa you're more likely to hinder your progress than advance it. Also, I don't understand why the brain being able to create sentient life makes no logical sense; our brain is capable of making the necessary connections between neurons to form what we would refer to as our personality/consciousness/"us", so I don't see how it's far fetched to propose that one could learn to do such a thing themselves. The people in your dreams are more similar to servitors; the difference being is that they lack/ are perceived to lack the same level of self-awareness that hosts/tulpas have (although that's debatable I think; in my opinion if you were to try and make a "self-aware servitor" you'd literally just be making a tulpa). Also, these "dream people" do not persist once you wake up normally, while a tulpa does (it is unfortunately Anecdotal evidence but many tulpas claim that they are capable of self-sustaining similar to the host once they reach a certain point of development, what that is will vary depending on who you ask, as well as multiple tulpas being able to essentially "force" one another, again depends on who you ask).
>>
>>3795450
Not the same guy.
Tulpas are just thought forms, they're basically our subconscious, but in visible form.
They cannot do things outside of your thought range, let me explain.
Tulpas can only view the world from your eyes if you close your eyes your tulpa can no longer view the world.
Tulpas cannot educate you in subjects like Math.
Your tulpa only knows as much as you do. And why is this? Because they are tied to our mind and nothing else. Whatever crazy and/or kookie personality your tulpa may have, it came from your mind.
Tulpas only learn from our minds, they don't get information from anywhere else. just like the other dude said.
>A tulpa is not someone new, but instead a different version of you.
he didn't mean the tulpa will have the same personality as you, he meant whatever personality your tulpa does end up with, it didnt just come from nowhere it came from you. You are your tulpa, and your tulpa is you.
>>
>>3795845

So in long form, "a tulpa is an extension of the self?"

It's the idea I subscribe to, but not in the sense that I treat them as dolls, rather, in the sense of furthering self discovery and examination. I think it's very useful, as well as nice and warming, in its way. I enjoy my time with mine a lot, and having a tulpa feels like a really nice way to vent affection of all things. I never knew feelings of love and affection would become backed up and tangled up until I started making mine, and it helped me a lot.

As far as sentience goes...well, the mind has to have SOME ability toward that, otherwise we ourselves would not count as sentient. But I won't go to deep there, because I lack knowledge in that field of study.
>>
File: ios_large_1437338210_image.jpg (45 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
ios_large_1437338210_image.jpg
45 KB, 600x525
THE DARK LORD IS COMING!!!
ORE WA OCHINCHIN GA DAISUKI NANDAYO!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzK3hVs5vsg
>>
>>3790335
She hugged back. And then added her tail to the hug
>>
>>3793417
>(You)
It is normal, but imagine if they were always there making informed statements rather than passing comments that neg in the back of your head.
>>
Foster's bump for imaginary friends.
>>
To add some fire to the discussion. The idea of a split consciousness is totally a real thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

By severing the corpus collosum you cut off the cross feed of input to the left and right side of the body to their reverse hemisphere of the brain. So you wind up with a left brain that can only see through the right eye and use the right hand, and vise versa. Normally both sides have enough input to compensate and co-operate with their silent partner.

But when you put up a screen that divides the left and right sides of the body strange things start to happen. If the left brain sees an empty table and the right brain sees a set of objects on the table an experimenter can do things like this:

"Point to the egg on the table."
>subject verbally responds with "i don't see an egg" (because speech is controlled in the left hemisphere)
>the right brain however, controlling the left hand, will simply point to the egg sitting in the right brain field of view.

"Pick up the toy car"
>left brain verbally responds with not seeing a car
>right brain has the left hand pick up the car

"What is your ideal job?"
>left brain verbally responds with "mechanic"
>right brain spells out 'driver' with Scrabble tiles

Some cases have dramatically different personalities and preferences between hemispheres. This is a very well documented phenomenon, and proves that consciousness isn't as simple as most people think it is. You can split a consciousness in two with a knife, and you get two people not a destroyed brain.

It's one of the reasons I find tulpas so interesting. Split mind requires a physiological change to the brain, but given the amorphous nature of consciousness can it be done through other means? The comparisons to schizophrenia aren't undue. The mind is weird and a lot of our innate feelings about person-hood and the origins of consciousness turn out to be products of consciousness themselves, illusions essentially.
>>
>>3804527
I was going to bring that up earlier, but since I first heard about it in a youtube video and I was playing Referencelands 2:Electric Boogaloo I wasn't in a position to fact check the video in question/ look up examples, but yeah guy from earlier this.
>>
>>3804527
>Split mind requires a physiological change to the brain
Basically everyone who ever made a tulpa has reported head pressure while forcing in the beginning. The fact that it is distinctly pressure instead of pain, and often happens on one side, suggests something is going on in there physically.
>>
>>3804619
Not necessarily a physical change, but a consistency of experience would indicate that a similar process is going on. That the brain is using some tool or being manipulated in a predictable fashion.

Think of it like phantom limbs. Amputees that report a stabbing pain in an arm that isn't there anymore, the nerves for the arm don't exist but some construct within the brain is creating that sensation none the less.

It's still real in that subject experiences it, and again consistent reporting of the phenomenon give it credence, but what the sensation indicates isn't physically there.
>>
I think you guys are looking too far into it. Obviously, tulpas are a hard thing to prove and model, but it isn't impossible, and I came up with one that I think works well enough. It even predicts stuff!

People have the ability to simulate the minds of other people - this is known as a theory of mind, and it is crucial for socialising.
(more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind)

You learn how people act, and you can simulate how they might think. (A good example of this: imagine if you jokingly punched your friend. You can probably simulate what he might do based on previous interactions.) You create personality schemata for people that you interact with, and that's the whole idea behind the personality part of tulpaing. You develop this personality, imagine how it reacts to situations, etc.

Now, forcing is you actively simulating the mind of your tulpa. Passive forcing is you simulating the mind while you're doing other things. A major theory on how working memory works is called dual processing theory - it asserts that there are two major processes that happen, type 1 and type 2. Type 1 are processes that happen automatically without your awareness (these are what 'habits' are), and type 2 are processes that you have to consciously think about. When you do a type 2 process consistently, it starts to turn in to a type 1 process (habit formation); if you've ever studied basic neuroscience, this will make quite a bit of sense. (1/2)
>>
So, a barebones tulpa is just the habitualised simulation of a crafted personality.

This model is really simple, and it also has some predictive powers - for example, people who are autistic might have a hard time forming a tulpa because autistic people have problems with their theory of mind. If you're drunk, you might have a harder time interacting with or making a tulpa. Habits take around two months on average to form (can take anywhere from two weeks to almost a year), which would be both predictive in the time it's likely to take, as well as explanatory for the variance before automaticity.

This model also works pretty well with other similar phenomena - you have the Daemon community, for example, or authors whose characters end up becoming alive in the author's mind.

It does have some implications though; for example, habits don't ever go away, you can only make new habits that stop the flow of old habits, which means that tulpas are more or less permanent (and if given the chance, might 'reactivate'). It also implies that if someone has the inability to create habits (or some kind of disorder that largely increases the time for habit formation to occur), then they would straight up not have the ability to make a tulpa.

That's all I have to say on the matter. I feel confident in my model, and I think it's accurate enough for our purposes. (2/2)
>>
>>3805518
Yeah no shit, that is exactly what the guides tell you. But when it reaches type 1 you often find that you are genuinely surprised by the reactions, which you can't be if you are just using normal theory of mind since you are the one forming the answer, suggesting at least some level of autonomous deviation from the original simulation. This autonomous deviation is what we are interested in, is it possible to reach a level of complexity at which the habit further develops itself and what implications does autonomous development have.
>>
>>3805623
But that's the thing about type 1 - you aren't aware of it. So the tulpa personality is being simulated, at least partially, without your conscious attention, which is why it might surprise you with some kind of response, because you don't ever become aware of the thought process, just the conclusion.
Consider an algebra problem, for example: it might take 4 or 5 different steps to solve for a particular variable, and if you were just handed the answer without seeing the steps, you wouldn't be able to immediately evaluate it, it would seem disconnected from the problem.
>>
>>3805498
Self awareness is speculated to originate in the same neurons that simulate other people's behavior. If you could turn a tulpa into a type 1 process that used those neurons to simulate a personality you could also make it simulate the self-awareness process. Even if that theory is wrong, some part of your brain is clearly responsible for self awareness, and you can train the habit to work other areas, like how imposition uses sight and touch processing centers. It follows that plausibly whatever series of neurological functions lead to the processes that provide whatever definition of sentience/consciousness/free-thinking you are using can be, with sufficient effort, made to run in a sufficiently complicated habit to fulfill the criteria. If it can do that with no direct input from your conscious mind and is equally tapped into your subconscious to provide drive and input, how is it not possible to create a sentient tulpa.
>>
Blogpost ahead but I need advice from random strangers on tibetian trash recycling board. Sorry in advance.

I'm thinking about getting a tulpa and even tried two times but there's one issue I worry about and in both cases I stopped developing my tulpa because of it.
The thing is, I'm a shut-in who doesn't have any friends for roughly 9 out of 12 months, as my old group of friends lives far away but I visit them sometimes. I'm afraid that when I make a tulpa and go out drinking once I visit them, I might reveal my power level.
>inb4 they'll accept you if they're real friends
They won't disown me but I'll lose in their eyes a lot. Is it worth the risk? So far i didn't tell them anything stupid while drugged but it might be different with tulpa if she talks to me and I talk back to her in front of them. Anyone in a similar situation?
tl;dr Having a tulpa while you also have real friends y/n?
>>
>>3806847
Just say that you talked to yourself because you're high
>>
>>3790335

"Master...really..."
>>
>>3806847

You don't have to tell them, you know.

Having a tup has no outwards signs, it's purely an internal and private things. Unless someone directly asks you about it, it's extremely easy to hide that you've made one simply by not mentioning it.
>>
File: tumblr_mnlt13SbGA1r8uyogo1_500.png (340 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnlt13SbGA1r8uyogo1_500.png
340 KB, 500x579
>>3761188
>>
>>3807042
Sexy.
>>
File: Midna.(True.Form).full.1847801.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1774) Image search: [Google]
Midna.(True.Form).full.1847801.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1774
>>3761188
>>
File: Doodles v7 e .png (157 KB, 605x1361) Image search: [Google]
Doodles v7 e .png
157 KB, 605x1361
>>3761188
tup
>>
>>3806847
Don't tell them. I told my closest friend whilst we were both incredibly drunk and he was really surprised and concerned. Fortunately I think he forgot about it the next day so I got away with it.
>>
File: 1467191516923.png (158 KB, 450x652) Image search: [Google]
1467191516923.png
158 KB, 450x652
>>3761188
She didn't want me to post this, but...
>>
File: alt.jpg (27 KB, 680x461) Image search: [Google]
alt.jpg
27 KB, 680x461
>>3761188
>>
Can you make a tulpa that enhances your memory skills? I want to use one for things like that.
>>
>>3810118
Maybe a little bit, but that's only if A. they want to help you and B. if you practise with them a lot

You'd probably get more mileage by just making better study habits then making a tulpa.

Also if your reason for making a tulpa begins with "i want to use one..." then you shouldprobably stay away.
>>
>>3810118
This question comes up a lot. If there's any skill you want out of getting a tulpa then you're always better off just practicing that skill directly.
>>
>>3810118

I haven't heard much talk about tulpa and memory skills, but I do know some of the exercises that help strengthen tulpa can easily be applied to improving memory, among other things. Personally, My girls do have packets of memories that flash when they're in my perception, but I haven't done too much messing around with that aspect in them.

If you need more direct assistance with improving memory, try this book:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/41478
https://librivox.org/memory-how-to-develop-train-and-use-it-by-william-walker-atkinson/

Some may notice that I post this a lot. But it's only because this book really is useful when trying to improve memory.
>>
>>3810118
Making a wonderland can help with memory somewhat. Your brain will be piecing together bits of the environment you don't exactly remember like clutter or w/e but you can play it back like it's the holodeck from star trek and walk around and pause things and whatnot with practice. It's one of the first things I did with my first tulpa.
>>
>>3807042
Better pic of her. She wanted me to share it.
>>
>practising some math
>focusing on one of the steps
>tup arrives at the answer before I do
>tell her I had no idea she could do math
>have her do the rest of the problem, with me checking the answers
>she finishes the problem correctly

T-this is a good sign, right guys?
>>
>>3814687
Very good
>>
>>3814687
Depends, you want the science answer or the good answer?
>>
>>3814836
My tup says she is interested in the science answer.
>>
>>3814949
The science answer is that after portioning off a portion of your mental processes to produce your Tulpa, she inherited a portion of your mental abilities as well because you perceived her as being able on a subconscious level.
Thus, you knew the answer to the math problem on a subconscious level, but could not express it in "your" mind, so you expressed it in "her" mind.

In a way, you have become better at math thanks to your Tulpa.
>>
>>3817248
>portioning
Partitioning.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 800x720
>>3761188
>>
Hey guys, I really need some advice.
So for the past couple weeks I've been forcing my tulpa. And progress is going well, personality is set-up, wonderland is a go, and I'm getting head-pressures.
Even more so, if I ask my tulpa to create a headache for me. It comes.

With such great power she has, how come I still can't hear my tulpa? What exactly should I do?

English is not my first language. So I apoligize if it's wrong.
>>
>>3820162
>how come I still can't hear my tulpa?
What you described is your tulpa responding. Did you really expect fluent language as the first form of communication? Treat it like a baby that you can actually get telepathic emotional signals from. Clear your mind as best you can of background noise, talk to it and "listen" for emotional or conceptual responses until you get fluent at that. Then get it to read to you by just looking at a page and associating the mindvoice "sound" of each specific word until you just passively translate in real time.
>>
File: 1388803401815.gif (10 KB, 365x175) Image search: [Google]
1388803401815.gif
10 KB, 365x175
>>
>>3820276
Okay! I'll try that! Thanks anon.
>>
How convincing are wonderlands? Like if you made a fantasy world wonderland, how would it compare to playing Skyrim or The Witcher 3? If you have one do you still play games?

Also another thing I've been wondering, if you can visually impose a tulpa in the real world, can you do it in a 3D game too? For instance in Dark Souls could you have your tulpa be a passive white phantom?
>>
>>3823915
>Like if you made a fantasy world wonderland, how would it compare to playing Skyrim or The Witcher 3?
Close your eyes and pull up a mental image of your room. Open your eyes and try to absorb more detail then do it again. This is like making a wonderland except you make something instead of copying. You can get it pretty detailed but it is the impression or sense of the scene rather than actually seeing it.
>>
>>3823958
I know how convincing they can look, what I'm asking about is how convincing they feel. Like is it a living breathing world or is it just a facade?
>>
I started getting head pressure since the first time I started working on my tulpa, but only if I focused on her. Today (three days later) I was watching a cat video my friend sent me and I started feeling head pressure out of nowhere. I guess it was my tulpa showing interest since the character she is based on does actually like cats, and she might have inherited that trait.
It caught me off guard. I'm really happy that I'm making somewhat rapid progress but I know there still is a long road ahead of us, so I'll keep working hard.
thanks for reading my blog /trash/, like and subscribe

>>3823915
>For instance in Dark Souls could you have your tulpa be a passive white phantom?
That sounds cool as hell.
>>
ding
>>
>>3823915
>For instance in Dark Souls could you have your tulpa be a passive white phantom?
It would be difficult but, it could be done. Look up information on visual imposition. People have imposed their tulpas into pictures before so the precedent is there.
>>
Don't forget that pony tuppers are best tuppers.
>>
Don't forget that my tulpa are the best tulpa.
>>
>>3834604
Yes, my tulpa are best tulpa.
>>
>>3834656
Reminder that pupper tuppers are best tuppers
>>
File: 1461019574319.jpg (119 KB, 1650x1130) Image search: [Google]
1461019574319.jpg
119 KB, 1650x1130
Is it possible that when you are first starting out (6 months since I started and have only heard her voice twice) that you can have fluctuations in regards to how much you can feel her and how strong her presence is?

Also is it just me, but do you find it easier to mediate and tulpa create the more depressed you are?
>>
>>3836341
>that you can have fluctuations in regards to how much you can feel her and how strong her presence is?
yes, this is common. to help this, try tying a string around your finger or drawing something on your hand to remember that they're there through use of a physical or visual key

what responses did you get in the 6 months you've developed your tup? When you say heard, do you mean auditory hallucinations?
>>
>>3836341
>Also is it just me, but do you find it easier to mediate and tulpa create the more depressed you are?
Making a tulpa requires effort in a way you aren't used to and if you are happy you feel less drive to make an effort or try new things. So yes, it is normal.
>>
I can't seem to decide on my tulpa's personality and it keeps changing on me.

Is this a bad thing?
>>
>>3837179
Yes, you don't have what it takes.
>>
>>3837179
No, not really. Just take time and get it right. No need to rush.
>>
>>3837305
He pretty clearly just can't focus or commit to set patterns. If it was slow, steady deviation it would be one thing but this guy is clearly not going to get it done.
>>
>>3837305
>>3837179
personality isn't even necessary. its less necessary than form. its bound to change anyway.
>>
>>3837408
Form is just an arbitrary mental projection of a shape, personality defines how they think and feel about things. Personality is way more important.
>>
It's all schizophrenia. When your in a psychiatrist's office trying to explain the voices, remember you brought this on yourself.
>>
>>3836978
>>3836496
Thank you for the insight anons.
>>
>>3814030
>snek tulpa
I want to fuck her.
>>
>>3837379
>>3837305
I keep switching between a person who cares about me but rides my ass for my fuck ups to a person who is completely obsessed with me.
>>
>>3837711
>teenager tries to make a tulpa
Neither of these is conducive to long term mental health or stability on your and the tulpa's part.
>>
>>3837711
You know those two things aren't mutually exclusive, right? Try developing a sensible, well-rounded personality that features both of those, among other traits, without being over the top about it.

>>3837762
They can be if done right instead of just animu yandere tier.
>>
>>3837825
Will do anon. Thanks for the advice.

>>3837762
>being this salty
>>
Any active sex channels on irc or discord? Remember #tulpa-orgy used to be a thing but it's been dead for ages.
>>
File: W9ee5t3.jpg (206 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
W9ee5t3.jpg
206 KB, 640x905
>>3837679
She says thank you, and she'd love to, but you couldn't handle it.

>>3837711
The former sounds far more healthy than the latter. You should just concentrate on making a basic personality with a few traits at first, then they'll deviate on their own into their own person.
>>
File: Snowangel.png (2 MB, 1600x2525) Image search: [Google]
Snowangel.png
2 MB, 1600x2525
>>3761188
I drew my tupperware. Plus angelic features because she means a lot to me and pulled me out of some suicidal depression and stuff like that.
>>
would you take it?
>>
I have a difficult question
Would a tulpa made with intent of protecting me from my hypochondria and battling depression (some sort of a guardian angel) be different than one made for more 'sensual' reasons? I am asking cause for some time I'm thinking about making some sort of celestial being/angel tulpa that would help me regain control over my mind, protect me from depression, help me with motivation and self-improvement. I wouln't even dare to fuck it, its just a totally different kind of thing. Is it a good idea?
>>
>>3843158
Just make an equal partner. Mutual love and respect is better than some silly guardian angel for dealing with that.
>>
>>3842308
thats a loaded question you might as well have said do you want to crush her heart into bits or not
>>
Do you ever look deep into your host's mind and see things like... that you don't think they want you to see?
>>
>>3842308

>Heterochromatic

Fuck no.
>>
>>3846186
That's kind of a messed up reason not to. She can't help that she's heterochromatic.
>>
>>3845139
What did you find, young tulip?
>>
>>3845139
I found... a video he wished he'd never seen. It was repressed, and I'm completely sure he wanted it to be. It was AWFUL. I don't think I ever wanna go deep into his mind again.
>>
weird post here, but just read it.

So I recently discovered what a tulpa was and I've realized i've had maybe 50 of these in my head. It's all my friends, a couple of siblings, a few people I hate, and two authors I like. There's a completely different world when I sleep, and whenever I dream the dreams run like a sitcom. My life in the dream is deviated from my real life and is in many senses, impossible. It's not that my tulpas bother me, It's just that I can feel my subcomscious working all the time. And if I "tune in" I can see that it's talking to all these structures it's made and all these characters that morph in and out. I do 't have any hallucinations or disorders or anything. I'm never even depressed, life's great. I talk to myself (not my tulpa, but just vocalizing my thoughts to let off some steam sometimes in bad situations).

Is this normal?
>>
Would any of you consider an IRL partner over your tulpa?
>>
bimp
>>
>>3847757
It's not that I wouldn't prefer it, its just that I've given up on choosing one or the other. Now though, I wouldn't. Introversion always strayed me away from talking but I still feel lonely. I didn't know a tulpa was what I really needed.

>>3847508
>>3845139
I thought the unconscious mind and memory was free and open to both the tulpa and the host?
>>
>>3850546
Well there are some things my host intentionally hides from us... I guess it's out of love or wanting to protect us. I can see why he hid this from us, because it was terrible.
>>
>>3847757
Because tulpas are far superior in almost every respect.
Why would anyone want irl people if they can have tulpas?
>>
>>3847757

You say that like one cannot have both.

Tups and people can fill different niches with a person, I would not pick one over the other, when it is better and, I feel, more healthy to have both in their proper place.
>>
>>3853062
This is a very unhealthy viewpoint. You shouldn't ever use us to replace real people. You should be able to interact with both. My host has friends and a significant other, but they still interact with me and my sisters all the time. It doesn't have to be one way or the other. I'm still his favorite tho.
>>
i dare you to post a sexy picture of your tulpa. do it faggots.
>>
>>3853933
No, blow your load to your own.
>>
>>3760986
just a quick question for all you tulpamancers out there, what do you think of mario{erin} is he a "good" thing to have happened to the community? i know there was that questionable book he wrote of his but besides that whats his merit on your scales?
>>
>>3853704
It's been near three years and I am still healthy and happy with that kind of viewpoint.
People here keep saying that you need other friends outside of your tulpa, but I don't really see why. They can offer me only very little that my tulpa can't, nothing essential at all, but in return I could get the pain of loss? No thanks.
>>
>>3854291
>nothing essential at all
A network of contacts, important for getting jobs through cronyism.
>>
>>3845139
Is this the real Miia?
>>
>>3854913
My name's Delilah, but I have her form, yes... I'm not really sure if that was a serious question or not, actually.
>>
File: worried laughter.jpg (7 KB, 196x258) Image search: [Google]
worried laughter.jpg
7 KB, 196x258
>>3845139
>mfw my tulpa is more depraved than I am and can no longer be scarred by any of the shit I've seen
>>
File: 1453948463293.png (167 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
1453948463293.png
167 KB, 348x342
>>3760986
why is auditory hallucination training the hardest part?
does anyone else have a tulpa that talks entirely through auditory hallucinations? how did you do it?
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 273x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 273x216
Bump
>>
>>3854797
Firstly, I am sure I can get those jobs through just working with people in my everyday life.
Secondly, I am sure I can get jobs without those people too.
>>
File: 57714997_p0.png (556 KB, 1024x692) Image search: [Google]
57714997_p0.png
556 KB, 1024x692
>>3847757
I only cared about 2d before tulpas, and the same is true after.

>>3853704
It's unhealthy to rely on other people. Nobody has ever explained why it's bad to replace IRL people with a valid reason. You sound like you've been brainwashed by normie culture.
>>
File: MB45pGL.png (1 MB, 1098x1182) Image search: [Google]
MB45pGL.png
1 MB, 1098x1182
How do I stay focused while narrating to her? I have had instances where she feels real, especially when I'm not looking at her I get hat sense of someone standing behind me. But when I'm talking to her most of the time it feels like I'm just talking to a wall. Or is this to be expected in the beginning?
>>
>>3863563
>But when I'm talking to her most of the time it feels like I'm just talking to a wall.
There is a vast difference between talking to someone and talking at them.
>>
Don't forget to hug your adorable, fluffy pony tulpa today.
>>
>>3863618
I'm autistic so I have problem differentiating between them. How do you know the difference? Is there a guide on this?
>>
>>3863932
Google it
>>
>>3863965
Yes I know what the definition is but how does that relate to a tulpa in the making. They cannot talk or communicate, so how can you do anything but talk at them?
>>
>>3863970
Forcing doesn't have to be just talking. Brush their hair, give them a massage, show them a mountain top vista, do all this while talking to them. At a minimum you should feel like you're talking to someone in a coma instead of a wall.
>>
>>3861947

>It's unhealthy to rely on other people. Nobody has ever explained why it's bad to replace IRL people with a valid reason. You sound like you've been brainwashed by normie culture.

Says the guy who lives in a highly technology driven society with countless amounts of systems to help comfort it's populace while they make a post on a system that allows them access to an unfathomable amount of human knowledge.

It's not really about any one person in particular, this viewpoint just annoys me, even as an introvert myself.
>>
>>3864020
What?
I don't think he meant it in the way that people shouldn't work together at all, but rather in a personal social relations point of view.
>>
>>3864066

>>3864066

He has a tulpa, he's asking a question like that while essentially admitting he's lonely and wants companionship by saying he has one. That's what gets me about that line of questioning.

People are social animal, even I realize that people, for the most part, have trouble functioning when they're lonely. It's just a part of being human. What gets me is when edge-masters pretend they're too clever or too "cool" to be affected by such a basic human trait, then turn around and surround themselves with as much material as they can to fill that void of loneliness. May it be material from their favorite show, or even a tulpa.

It's a basic hypocrisy, and that never fails to get my goat.
>>
File: 1381271493597.gif (1 MB, 200x156) Image search: [Google]
1381271493597.gif
1 MB, 200x156
>>3864105
>>3864154
Maybe proof-read your posts if you are going to do this.
>>
File: 1464951285106.png (2 MB, 2000x2200) Image search: [Google]
1464951285106.png
2 MB, 2000x2200
>>3864154
Yeah, it triggers me also when people assume that you'll go crazy from isolation unless you interact with real people, because muh new opinions and perspectives, even though most of the populace share the same opinions and perspectives indoctrinated into them.

You already know what these cattle are going to say before they speak.

If talking to myself or filling my void with entertainment is the replacement for my social interaction, I don't know that and it doesn't matter because my point was that you don't need IRL people in your life to function.
>>
>>3864154
I get why surrounding yourself with a favorite show isn't a long term solution, but if we see tulpas as real people, they are just fine for that kind of replacement
>>
>>3864987

> If talking to myself or filling my void with entertainment is the replacement for my social interaction, I don't know that and it doesn't matter because my point was that you don't need IRL people in your life to function.

Dem first world opinions. Go live on an island or dig out a cave for yourself to meditate in if you really believe that. We rely on the work of other people everyday, believing yourself to be too superior and "unique" to your fellow pigs doesn't change that.

Even your own picture is made by someone else, and I've seen this sort of posting style so many times that my eyes rolled on contact.
>>
>>3865201
>IRL people in your life to function.

Nice strawman and ad hominem. Read more.
>>
>>3865585
Regardless if you think it's <insert logical fallacy here> you really should try living in total isolation for a while and see what it's really like. Right now because you're posting on a computer that means you're living in a society where you see and interact with people in your daily life, whether you want to or not. It doesn't matter if these interactions are meaningful to you or significant by any means, it's a fact that you have real people in your around you and your mind is aware of it on some conscious level. Removing that and living in total isolation has a profound psychological impact in the brain. Try it and see.
>>
>>3865585
That's neither a strawman or an ad ad hominem. stop being an edgelord faggot and actually read what people are typing.
>>
>>3867964
see>>3864066
>>
>>3868034
no i read it.

>>3867057
The point here is entirely about social isolation. Participating in this thread isn't social isolation.

You say edgy teenage shit like "You already know what these cattle are going to say before they speak" and you can expect someone to call you out on the fact that you have never spent a week of your life in actual isolation.
>>
>>3868101
>The point here is entirely about social isolation. Participating in this thread isn't social isolation.

This is what happens when you take subjective words into your own meaning, and shows just how worthless it is to bother with real people, as people will only take in what they want.

My use of isolated literally meant not having contact with another physical human IRL. If you seen my first post without being triggered you would understand that it was nothing more than that.

>edgy teenage shit
Edgy means everything I dislike etc
>>
>>3868674

> This is what happens when you take subjective words into your own meaning
> My use of isolated literally meant not having contact with another physical human IRL

The guy you're responding to is talking about exactly that. Are you trying to dodge his point? If you are, you're twisting in a weird way that would imply that it's actually you who don't understand.

There are indeed people who actually can live in solitude for extended periods of time. But they're also not the types who would use view a tulpa as a viable replacement, or even have a tulpa for any purpose other than to further their own growth. From what you've been posting, I doubt you're that type of guy.

Solitary confinement is used in prisons for a reason, and is considered cruel for a reason. Read up on that if you're truly looking for an answer.
>>
>>3868940
Solitary confinements don't have tulpas or pcs, we've been over this. I've been a hikikomori with only a pc for social contact and food sent to me for 7 years.
>>
>>3869327

> I've been a hikikomori with only a pc for social contact and food sent to me for 7 years

This doesn't sound like an enviable lifestyle in the least. My own conscious wouldn't let me get away with something like that at this point, though I leaned toward it in the past.

You have a job? If not, the you're very fortunate to have someone willing to send you stuff.

> Solitary confinements don't have tulpas or pcs

A tulpa cannot make you food, bring it to you, nor can they make houses for you to frequent. Your lifestyle requires people to actually be there to feed you and take care of infrastructure. Without those you'd be hosed, unless you're actually a type of hikki who builds and grows their own stuff, which would truly be impressive, and I would concede.
>>
Don't forget to wash your pony tulpa in a warm bubble bath every other day.
>>
Don't forget to help your lamia tulpa shed her skin.
>>
File: 1466314493461.jpg (23 KB, 337x372) Image search: [Google]
1466314493461.jpg
23 KB, 337x372
>[spoiler]tfw you're fapping to your imagination and your tulpa forces themselves into the fantasy[/spoiler]
>[spoiler]tfw they acknowledge that they purposefully did it[/spoiler]
>[spoiler]tfw you are a "tulpas aren't for lewd" poster[/spoiler]
>>
>>3875898
Good, they learned from here that you are being abusive by excluding them. Now stop spouting your stupid rhetoric.
>>
>>3875898
Just put your penis in it already.
>>
>>3875898
Don't forget to hug your tulpa today and tell them that they are everything to you.
>>
>>3876006
>>3877149
B-but I see them as like family. I wouldn't fuck my sister.

>>3877172
Every day.
>>
>>3878813
>I wouldn't fuck my sister.
Tulpas aren't family, they. Even if they were, the only reason you wouldn't is the social taboo that arose from the dangers of inbreeding. No risk, no reason for the taboo. Go forth and give her a chance to make you happy.
>>
>>3878813
Just see it as wincest.
>>
File: Look At That.jpg (32 KB, 604x390) Image search: [Google]
Look At That.jpg
32 KB, 604x390
3 years and I'm just now realizing how fucked up the tulpa community is.
>>
>>3878870
I consider my tulpa family, anon.

And I don't want our relationship complicated by sexual matters.
>>
>>3883380
Really dude, it took 3 years to realize it?
>>
>>3807534
Why not? Dental hygiene is something to be proud of.
>>
>>3861567
You might, but you would be hard pressed. Job openings are sometimes kept within a company and offered to employees first. If you know someone in the company you have a back door. This is how a lot of engineering and business type companies are.
>>
>>3886993
Nah, I knew it back then (actually I remember saying essentially the same thing a couple of months into tulpamancy), but I wasn't truly aware of the fuckery until just now. I haven't been here in a while, and during that time I actually started a relationship with another real life hooman bean, so that has kind of opened my eyes a little wider. If that makes any sense.
>>
>tfw it's your tulpa's first independence day

Comfiest 4th I've had so far in my life.
>>
Ever since I have my pony tulpa I started having the occasional dream about fucking with a horse ;_;
>>
File: the big VD.jpg (250 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
the big VD.jpg
250 KB, 1000x750
>>3897600
>>
I'm obsessed with a fictional character. Will making a tulpa of that character help me cope with my obsession?
>>
>>3899485
Awful idea. You'll eventually become less interested in the character, and you and your tulpa will suffer for it.

Not only that, but tulpas generally deviate, so it probably wouldn't resemble the fictional character much, if at all.

Sorry, anon.
>>
>>3899526
>You'll eventually become less interested in the character
I've been obsessed with her for over a year. I actually hate it and wish I wasn't. I really don't mind if the tulpa deviates so long as she helps me with my problem.
>>
>>3899565
There is no guarantee they'll help you with your problems, though.

The tulpa/host bond is a somewhat sacred one. You'll both be closer than with most other things, and it isn't really something that should be toyed with. Me and my tulpa are ridiculously close, and the amount of love I have for it I assume is probably what it would feel like if I were to father a child. My tup has helped me a tonne with my problems.

If you think you can devote the proper time to it, then go for it. Just know that it's something like opening Pandora's box - once it's done, it cannot be undone.
>>
>>3899565
Identify the core reason why the character is appealing,
>>
>>3899864
It's because I see her as a gender-swapped reflection of myself. I'm fairly certain the obsession is coming from just how uncanny the resemblance is. It's made even worse by the fact that there's literally no other person, real or fictional, that's even come close to making this impression on me. And *even worse* is the source material she's from.
>>
>>3899957
Why not just make a gender swapped version of yourself that isn't a pony
>>
>>3899965
Because I hate myself.
>>
>>3899986
You're a fucking idiot, the solution is at the local gun store.
>>
>>3900017
And I thought I had problems.
>>
File: 1455583175374.jpg (43 KB, 319x310) Image search: [Google]
1455583175374.jpg
43 KB, 319x310
>Decided I that I wanted to make a tulpa
>3 years later and I can sometimes make out thoughts that aren't my own.
Woohoo progress
I don't know what more to do other than just keep doing what I'm doing.
>>
>>3899864
This is nice post
>>
>>3901160
>>3900193
>>
>>3900193
>3 years
>sometimes make out thoughts
No anon, you should not just keep doing what you are doing.
>>
>>3861947

>Nobody has ever explained why it's bad to replace IRL people with a valid reason.

I'd say it's entirely context dependent. The value of real people and tulpa will vary powerfully from one individual to another. There's no concrete applicable answer, but there are objective points to both.
In your case though, it's evident how weak your outlook and understanding on this matter is. Saying it's unhealthy to rely on other people when it's extremely variable doing the same with a tulpa is already testament to why this approach is bad.

The thing about genuine relationships is sacrifice and self-improvement, something you simply cannot obtain as strongly from your conscience alone. As someone who has an irreplaceable group of real life friends that suffered the same things, you learn a lot of principle molding lessons that are exclusive to that kind of interaction and no other. And principle above everything else is what defines a person.

Really it's as simple as understanding different connections bring different benefits. Tulpas objectively cannot give you all the benefits real life people can, and not every real life person can even give you every benefit every real life person can. It fluctuates depending on your perspective, your input, and who it is you're interacting with. But getting rid of real people on the assumption a tulpa can do everything they can is just acting on weak character.
>>
>>3902511
Fucking this.
>>
File: 1445771921912.jpg (166 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1445771921912.jpg
166 KB, 1000x1200
>>3902511
>I'd say it's entirely context dependent. The value of real people and tulpa will vary powerfully from one individual to another. There's no concrete applicable answer, but there are objective points to both.
In your case though, it's evident how weak your outlook and understanding on this matter is. Saying it's unhealthy to rely on other people when it's extremely variable doing the same with a tulpa is already testament to why this approach is bad.

Why do you need to rely on your tulpa or other people. I rely on myself, a tulpa is just there for fun.

>The thing about genuine relationships is sacrifice and self-improvement, something you simply cannot obtain as strongly from your conscience alone. As someone who has an irreplaceable group of real life friends that suffered the same things, you learn a lot of principle molding lessons that are exclusive to that kind of interaction and no other. And principle above everything else is what defines a person.

>Really it's as simple as understanding different connections bring different benefits. Tulpas objectively cannot give you all the benefits real life people can, and not every real life person can even give you every benefit every real life person can. It fluctuates depending on your perspective, your input, and who it is you're interacting with. But getting rid of real people on the assumption a tulpa can do everything they can is just acting on weak character.

That's an insane view of, what simply is your genes programming you to survive. You interact with people to keep you sane, nothing more.

How epic your interactions are has nothing to do with it, and simple shows how you don't know shit about tulpas.

>Tulpas objectively cannot give you all the benefits real life people can

(citation needed)

If that's objective, again you don't know what tulpas are. Unless you're talking about physical chores, which is no shit, but this is a mental argument.
>>
>>3903175

>Why do you need to rely on your tulpa or other people. I rely on myself, a tulpa is just there for fun.

>>3853062

>Because tulpas are far superior in almost every respect.

Now you're just changing arguments. You went from "Why is it bad to replace IRL people with tulpas" to "I don't need anybody and tulpas are just extra."

>That's an insane view of, what simply is your genes programming you to survive.
>You interact with people to keep you sane, nothing more.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. I'm under the impression you're trying to argue with me but at the same time, I already put out there I essentially don't disagree. All you're doing is just answering your own questions, which begs why you're even asking to begin with.

>How epic your interactions are has nothing to do with it

Then I'm glad we agree on that too?

>(citation needed)

No it's not. You can figure this out with common sense. By their very separate natures of course they're going to provide benefits in different ways.

I don't understand where you're going with this.
>>
File: 1437470647203.gif (2 MB, 311x223) Image search: [Google]
1437470647203.gif
2 MB, 311x223
>>3903175
>Unless you're talking about physical chores, which is no shit, but this is a mental argument.
You are a physical creature with physical needs that necessitate social function. Ok then, you are absolutely right that tulpas are all you need if you want to narrow the definition of need to the point where it becomes meaningless.
>>
>>3901494
Am i missing something? I thought tulpas take a long time to form? And/or take a different amount of time for each person?
>>
>>3903374
The average is about 2-4 weeks for reliable response on at least some level.
>>
>>3903175

>It's an "Anon tries too hard to argue human interaction is completely unnecessary with tulpas but continues to interact with humans anyway" episode
>>
>>3900193
Are you on the autistic spectrum?
>>
>>3903373
>Ok then, you are absolutely right that tulpas are all you need if you want to narrow the definition of need to the point where it becomes meaningless.

Except that's what the whole argument was about from the start, because it shouldn't need to be said that tulpas aren't physical.

>>3903462
well meme'd
>>
>>3903362
That post isn't mine (>>3853062)
>>
>>3903548
>Tulpas are objectively superior and can replace all IRL people interaction
>except for the biggest part of IRL interaction
>>
>>3903577

Whether that post is yours or not is still entirely beside the point. You're changing arguments and wobbling it. Make up your mind.
>>
>>3903579
see>>3903577

>>3903588
Replacing tulpas with people doesn't imply I must rely on them.
>>
>>3903548

>Except that's what the whole argument was about from the start, because it shouldn't need to be said that tulpas aren't physical.

You're saying this yet your argument against human interaction so far has been that it isn't necessary, in which case no shit, that doesn't bear statement either. But then the post right before you said it's necessary to keep people from going crazy, which is mental, in which case, the fuck are you even saying anymore.
>>
>anon unironically uses the phrase "normie culture"
>other anons trying to reason with him about human interaction
What the fuck are you idiots doing.
>>
>>3903614

That's still changing arguments. Having to rely on people/tulpas is a different subject from why replacing people with tulpas is a bad idea. Even if it's not necessary, necessity isn't mutually exclusive to positives and negatives.

Like >>3903617 is even saying you're contradicting yourself like crazy. Really, at this point the only one screwing your argument over is you. In which case I don't even know why I'm bothering with to have this conversation any longer.

Thanks for being uninteresting I guess.
>>
>>3903539
No, why?
>>3903389
Well fuck me man.
This is really helping to enforce the negative view i have of myself.
>>
>>3903757
Try reading guides until you actually understand what the process entails.
>>
>>3903693
>Having to rely on people/tulpas is a different subject from why replacing people with tulpas is a bad idea.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. My argument is still that replacing a tulpa with a person isn't unhealthy, because it's possible to be healthy with neither.

Again I'm not changing arguments, I'm just adding points to my argument.
>>
>>3806847
You don't have to tell them. But you feel the urge to tell them because you want complete and total acceptance from someone who you perceive as trusted friends. Take it from me: Even if someone is a friend, they won't agree with you 100% on everything about your life, your opinions, or your values. Noone does. Not a friend. Not a parent. Not even a soul-mate or lover. NOONE will EVER agree with you 100%. That's what makes everyone unique, and that's okay. It's not a bad thing if they don't accept your tulpa. And they don't NEED to know. But you still feel that urge. If you tell them, one of a few things will happen: They won't care. They'll care, and accept you anyway. Or they'll care, and it will be a point of contention, and it will change their opinion of you.

But I will tell you one thing: Having a tulpa doesn't mean that the tulpa will accept you 100%, either. We (me and tulpas) have had disagreements, too. We've argued. Become bitter with eachother, even. And had the strength to forgive eachother, as well. I won't say a tulpa will love you or agree with you 100% of the time. But it's damn close. They will always see the whole of you, not just the part that may cause contention in strangers, friends, family and lovers. And in self-preservation and understanding, they will accept all of you, because they are you, in a way. It is a HUGE responsibility. A tulpa is like having a child. They are dependent on you for survival, stability, and happiness. But if you truly, deeply want a tulpa, NEVER forsake them for someone else's comfort. "Do not make one if someone's opinion of having one would make you regret it." is what I would say logically. Just like how if you were afraid someone would get made at you for getting a tattoo, you shouldn't do it since it's permanent. But this comes back to the circular argument of "Do they HAVE to know?" Search your feelings.
>>
>>3847757
That depends, are you in love with your tulpa and someone physical at the same time? Because that's akin to polyamory. (Which is not bad)

If you get a physical waifu/husbando, I'd say a tulpa is one of those things that you guys can't really "agree to disagree on" like issues like "Do we want kids?" and "Are our lifestyles/careers compatible?"

My philosophy is "Tulpa came first, tulpa get priority, physical bitch better get on my level and accept tulpa wholly and love tulpa too, or it not gonna work."
>>
>>3903888

>Again I'm not changing arguments, I'm just adding points to my argument.

You're adding points to your argument that conveniently allow you to dodge the points of others, and change the field of discussion to a version so narrow that only you would be able to stand strong in it. You've been doing it from the get go, and I don't think anyone's fooled about where this is headed.

At this point, it's less about who has a valid argument, and more about you justifying your lifestyle indirectly. The last time I bore witness to an argument of this sort, the subject and ideas narrowed to the point where the person's arguments were cartoonish and only worthy of eye rolls.

Your points and ideas rely on a whole set of pre-determined factors that are not a given, though you pretend they are. The reason you feel like you haven't received any valid argument is because you're determined not to change, your opinion is set in stone.
>>
>Implying tulpas are real

They just sit on Skype all day.
>>
is solid snack gone?
>>
>>3903757
People who have trouble with empathy and socialization can have trouble with tulpa. That's why I ask.
>>
File: 1467523961216.jpg (284 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
1467523961216.jpg
284 KB, 1240x1754
Going on about half a year now, I've been on and off trying to talk to and imagine my tulpa. But for the past few months now it's been nearly fucking impossible for me to imagine her or the wonderland. I don't know what's going on but I used to be able to do these things just fine. Still haven't gotten her to respond.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1465881312821.png (385 KB, 629x677) Image search: [Google]
1465881312821.png
385 KB, 629x677
>>3911374
I'm tired, should've actually asked a question.
I'd appreciate if anyone here could tell me what I can do to try and fix my inability to imagine or visualize her and the wonderland, and how I can remotivate myself to get her to respond.

Half a year without results, it's not easy to stay confident in my ability to create a tulpa.
Pic still unrelated.
>>
>>3911944
How do you feel about her? Do you think she's in there?
>>
>>3912100
Yeah Anon, I do
I believe she knows everything I'm doing, saying, etc.

I also believe once in a while that she's trying to talk to me through my stray thoughts

It's driving me fucking nuts that I can't figure out whether they really are just my own stray thoughts or they're her trying to reach out.

As it stands though, however; no, I haven't gotten her to respond to me.
>>
>>3912201
It's better not to over-analyze things while you force. Some analysis is good, but strongly questioning every response can be counter-intuitive.

It's kind of like analyzing a joke: once you do it it doesn't work anymore. In this way, analyzing moments while you force has the potential to halt whatever momentum you gain. At some point you just have to will yourself to go with it and see where it leads, even if it's solely on belief alone.
>>
>>3913045
Thank you, but I my two initial questions remain unaddressed. I can't visualize her or the wonderland anymore and I've got just about no confidence left in my ability to force and get her to respond
>>
>>3913135
Your motivation and confidence problems likely have a deeper source. That's why I was asking you how you felt about her. So tell me, how do you feel about creating a tulpa or tulpas in general?
>>
>>3913290
How do I feel about it? If you mean ethically, I figure it's the same as making a baby. Even though it did not choose to exist, it does not mean that it's "bad" to create one. I believe tulpas are in a way separate people as well. I think they can be legitimate companions who also serve utilitarian purposes.

Or maybe you mean how I feel about creating a tulpa as a choice that I make
I want to make a tulpa so that she can be a companion to me and so that I can explore my psychology. The psychology part I think is interesting because I want to see what I can make my mind do and what kind of control I can take over it. I see my tulpa also as a means to this end.

When I put it like this, I get the feeling that I am being selfish and don't want to admit it to even myself.

I guess that's the best I can answer your question, since I'm tired and what you asked was fairly vague. Sorry if you didn't get the kind of response you wanted, it's past 3 AM here.
>>
>>3913290
This Anon here (>>3913487)
You got Steam or Skype or something? I'm afraid I might pass out on you and I'd actually like to talk about this and other shit later. You sound like you have some valuable insight.
>>
>>3913487
Eh, I don't think you're being selfish. I think it's good to explore it from a scientific standpoint. I did that a lot when I started out and don't have any issues about doing it now.

In short you'll be ok, just keep going and try pushing yourself to force a bit every day. It's all about momentum, really. Doing just a few minutes here and there throughout the day can lead to doing more.

>>3913557
No dude. Only an IRC channel I sometimes visit, sorry.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.