[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are horsetards out there who refuse to admit that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14
>there are horsetards out there who refuse to admit that they are furries
What's the shame? In fact being a furry is probably a step up.
>>
>>2638959
When you get older you stop caring about the small sub categorical bullshit. We're all weirdos at heart.
>>
>>2638980
this,
leave the underage drama on the other boards, let us fap in peace
>>
>>2638959
>In fact being a furry is probably a step up
oh yeah, it's so great to be associated with a fanbase that's a filled with autism, SJWs, and literal manbabies
>>
File: 3dpd vomit chan.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3dpd vomit chan.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
>>2638959
>step up
>>
>>2639234
>>In fact being a furry is probably a step up
>oh yeah, it's so great to be associated with a fanbase that's a filled with autism, SJWs, and literal manbabies

As opposed to what exactly?

The entire point of this thread was to raise that the distinctions don't matter so the fact that OP is simultaneously trying to start shit by claiming distinctions, then having you fall for it is some grade a bullshit desu

it's like he felt his original bait wasn't good enough, so he added bait of the other extreme in case he never got any (You)s
>>
>>2639234
Which fan base are you referring to again?
>>
File: 1449373485593.jpg (25 KB, 234x400) Image search: [Google]
1449373485593.jpg
25 KB, 234x400
>>2638959
But what if I just like ponies and don't care about Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Sonic, Digimon, or any other anthro characters?
>>
File: 1457365012589.jpg (162 KB, 1280x1056) Image search: [Google]
1457365012589.jpg
162 KB, 1280x1056
>>2641266
>But what if I just like ponies and don't care about Bugs Bunny, Donald Duck, Sonic, Digimon, or any other anthro characters?

furry = fan of anthropomorphic creatures

ponies are anthropomorphic creatures, therefore furry

u can be as elitist about your furrydom as you like, but, it is still furry. Not saying there's no difference between something as pic related vs. a pony and that elitism is always unwarranted, but it is all still furry.
>>
>>2638959
>current year
>still confusing pony for furry
>being a furry
heh
>>
>>2641695
>current year
>being deluded and purposely ignoring facts because you're triggered
>>
>>2641266
Do you like anthro, is so youre a furry
>>
File: 1455182122955.png (66 KB, 538x573) Image search: [Google]
1455182122955.png
66 KB, 538x573
>>2641330
>ponies are anthropomorphic creatures
>>
File: fur.jpg (54 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
fur.jpg
54 KB, 500x389
>>2641266
>implying feral aren't also furry
>>
>>2642355
>human intelligence
>human speech
>human mannerisms
>not human characteristics and thus rendering the creature partially human

delusion
>>
>>2642801
If an alien appears which can meet all these criteria would it also be anthropomorphic given the fact that it evolved separately from life on earth and humans?
>>
>>2642601
Isn't there a different term for that? Like bestiality.
>>
>>2642912
Considering that the definition of anthropomorphic is, "ascribing human characteristics to nonhuman things," yes.
>>
>>2638959
Why do people care about labels? If you're not going to tell anyone it shouldn't matter anyway
>>
>>2643060
ops life is so devoid of meaning and substance he attempts to fill that void by bringing others down to his level.
>>
File: image.png (233 KB, 881x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
233 KB, 881x900
I just want to fuck feminine horses. I don't consider myself a wolf born in the wrong body and therefore unappreciated despite my noble and fierce lupine soul

that's the difference between us

gas the furs, board war now
>>
File: 1451297912551.jpg (83 KB, 733x960) Image search: [Google]
1451297912551.jpg
83 KB, 733x960
>>2643037
If the alien is an alien then it's characteristics should also be viewed as ayylien. You can't attribute the aliens speech and intelligence to humans because it is an alien. Whatever characteristics it exhibits are it's own.
>>
>>2641266
>>2643125
You know there's far more better anthro art and community out there than what you're use to seeing. You just have to ignore what other show you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 691x429) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 691x429
>>2642912
>If an alien appears which can meet all these criteria would it also be anthropomorphic given the fact that it evolved separately from life on earth and humans?

Holy fucking grasping at straws batman

Feral = not partially human
Anthro = partially human
Human = human

Learn the difference: it could save your life.
>>
>>2638959
Pony =/= Furry
Furry = Shit
Problem solved.
>>
File: 1409686123737.jpg (324 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
1409686123737.jpg
324 KB, 680x750
>furries trying to generalize others so they don't feel as hated
>>
File: img278-1.jpg (265 KB, 608x644) Image search: [Google]
img278-1.jpg
265 KB, 608x644
>>2638959

I don't know what I am anymore, I fap to anything my dick wants

[spoiler] even tiled floors
>>
>>2647962
>>furries trying to generalize others so they don't feel as hated

you mean

>ponyfags straight rejecting what it has always meant to be furry since they're insecure
>>
>>2641330
The problem is that anthropomorphic is a very broad term. You're including a whole lot of things. Examples, the brave little toaster, also a lot of animes that have anthropomorphic tanks and even countries like hetalia, a lot of ancient religions had anthropomorphic gods like the greek Parthenon. Humanized characters are the most anthropomorphic versions of nonhuman characters too.
Are you gonna tell me that's furry?
I think the problem stems that people don't realize that furry is a fandom built on a pre-existing style. No one is going to say American weebs are the ones that created anime for example. Anthropomorphic animals have been around for centuries. Furries created a fandom on that but they didn't stary anything relating to it and they have always been fairly obscure. Pony evolved separately from furry and it wasn't absorbed vy it. It exists as a separate subculture. You're only a furry if you're part of the furry fandom that's it lads.
>>
>>2648362

Bro, I read every aord you typed, but no offense, the clear common denominator here is something being partially feral as well, hence the term "furry". It also encompasses scaly content, as scaly creatures are feral.

While we are on the topic, the term "feral" can be reduced to mean "feral relative to its source material" to make searching for "anthro" iterarions of ponies possible. Ultimately, however, furry = fan of the anthroporphic creature so defined as being both partially human, and partially feral, where "feral" is defined as the natural animal.

I know the condition of "furry" inherently meaning "partially feral" was not proposed as inherent earlier, but you yourself believe there to clearly be another condition defining "furry" content beyond its being simply anthropomorphic, so I propose to you this, given the fact that pony content is universally allowed on furry boorus by default unless otherwise stated to be permitted due to arbitrary or control reasons from a community standpoint, or even a theme standpoint, given that ponies seldom intertwine with furry content otherwise
>>
>>2648497
>permitted

*prohibited
>>
>>2648207
>rejecting bullshit
>"lol you're just insecure"
out
>>
>>2648535
>>rejecting bullshit

This isnt a valid argument.
>>
>>2648497
The fukk? You're just over complicating things laddie. The bottom line is that pony is a separate thing and not furry. It's not a hard concept to grasp. I have no idea what you mean by feral too. MLP characters are pretty intelligent that's pretty much the opposite of feral.
As for it being on furry sites, so what? There's shit ib there that plenty of people don't consider "furry" but its there because it might interest the community.
The MLP community just doesn't consider itself furry just like the furry community doesn't consider itself zoofilic. P. straight forward lad
>>
File: Untitled.png (140 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
140 KB, 1280x700
>>2648655
>The fukk? You're just over complicating things laddie

No, I am not. My only relevant argument was pic related, since mines explained why pony is by default allowed on furry boorus, and your didn't, thus rendering my proposition probable period, where your was not.

Your entire reply is only saying "I am correct, agree with me", and you never even attempted to explain how human intelligence is not a human trait, so, good luck with that.
>>
>>2638959
>mlponies behave little like real horses
>comparable to how humans behave little like primates
>mlponies are vaguely based of animals, mostly of mythological creatures
>mlponies are in a way another form of human
>furries are straight up animals with some semblance to human cognition, comparable to how dogs are smarter than sheep and are still subservient to the clearly superior humans
>furries confuse them for furries
for fuck's sake, we humans >dominate animals, and furries are animals
>>
>>2638959
Think about where you are and who you are talking to.

You have nothing to be proud of.
>>
File: 323611.png (646 KB, 893x632) Image search: [Google]
323611.png
646 KB, 893x632
>>2648793
Zozzle.
I'm not that guy.
I freely admit the ponies are anthropomorphic. I mean everything on
> pic related
is an anthropomorphic pony.. The more human the more anthropomorphic on this chart. Talking ponies are certainly anthropomorphic.

You're whole point that ponies are furry rides on the fact that they're allowed on boorus. I've seen plenty of mlp pictures on anime boorus but that doesn't mean MLP is an anime.

My point is that furry is a fandom. It's not anything past that. Billions of people enjoy anthropomorphic animals, It's a multi million industry. Don't mean most of the planet is furry because most have no idea about that fandom. Pony is a separate fandom
>>
>>2648207
Furryshit = Humans with animal characteristics.
Ponyshit = Animals with human characteristics.

And even if you're gonna lie to yourself and say that that isn't true, ponies walk on 4 legs, have hooves and are obviously way different from the garbage you fap to, even if both have human characteristics, so putting them under the same name is retarded.
>>
>>2648555
>you're just insecure and you're wrong

This isn't a valid argument.
Leave it to furries to be fucking hypocrites.
>>
>>2649867
>You're whole point that ponies are furry rides on the fact that they're allowed on boorus. I've seen plenty of mlp pictures on anime boorus but that doesn't mean MLP is an anime.

.... No, my main point "rides" on the fact that the umbrella of "furry" content is defined as being an anthropomorphic ANIMAL. "Creature" was far too vague of a term, as you clearly exploited.

>My point is that furry is a fandom. It's not anything past that. Billions of people enjoy anthropomorphic animals, It's a multi million industry. Don't mean most of the planet is furry because most have no idea about that fandom. Pony is a separate fandom

Uh, what the fuck? The last sentence in this excerpt is a total non-sequitur from the rest.

You assert that furry is a fandom. Sure. You say this is "the point" and elaborate on that none, but, whatever. You follow that up with " billions of people enjoy anthropomorphic animals", and their assumed ignorance of the furry fandom is what renders them non-furries.

First of all, a "furry" so defined as a person is something I've defined as meaning "a fan of anthropomorphic ANIMALS". One is not necessarily a fan of an animal itself by absent-mindedly enjoying its presence as any other.

One does not become a "fan" of puzzle games by enjoying puzzle games as they come inadvertently from simply enjoying games. One becomes a "fan" of puzzle games by deriving pleasure specifically from puzzles games as a concept, and possibly a medium. One is not considered a fan of, say, Sennheiser headphones if they ascribe not emotion to Sennheiser headphones as a concept, and only take them as they come as any other type of headphones. Being a "fan" of something is seeing something through eyes more radical than indifference to its concept. Thus, watching a show with an anthropomorphic ANIMAL in it does not in my understanding render the viewer a fan of anthropomorphic ANIMALS

And your shitty last assertion is irrelevant and supported by no proposed logic
>>
>>2650051

You appear to be confused.

You entered this thread, viewed the arguments proposed in it, then totally ignored them to only vaguely claim they're false. Your original qqing was but an attempt at a counterargument against certain arguments in the thread. But feel free to ignore that to pretend that assertion you received is a counterargument to your original argument, which you also pretend is not a counterargument.

>>2649995
>Furryshit = Humans with animal characteristics.
>Ponyshit = Animals with human characteristics.

quality argument senpai. As if "Furryshit" can't use mostly feral animals as a base
>>
File: Claiming ponies are furries.png (163 KB, 763x1140) Image search: [Google]
Claiming ponies are furries.png
163 KB, 763x1140
>>2638959
>>
>>2650110
so that's YOUR personal definition of furry.
Well most mlp fans reject the label.
I mean it's not gonna change your mind because you have a specific criteria and seem pretty entrenched in it. But most mlp fans and people in general separate the two. Even furries do this.
Most people view 3 and 4 as furry on the chart I posted and not 1 and 5 even doe they all fall under your criteria of "anthropomorphic animal". Its just the way it is lad. You can continue thinkinh theyre one in tge same but most don't.

Just like avatar isnt an animu even doe its very anemish. MLP grew big enough to be its own thing.
>>
>>2651092

Jesus christ, I just accidentally backspaced and lost my entire post as I went to amend it.

I am just saying:

>Its just the way it is lad.

Is the "argument" of a human who has no logic to defend his opinion, and doesn't care. And:

>so that's YOUR personal definition of furry.
>Well most mlp fans reject the label.

This is not a valid argument. The meaning of "furry" is far more radical than the meaning of being a fan of ponies specifically, and the former encompasses the latter.

I am seriously far too lazy to rewrite my argument. Fuck you. You have no argument.

Find me a single common denominator for all "furry content" that is not simply "anthropomorphic animal". I dare you. I will tell you why that is bullshit, why your distinction is wrong, and why your pulling it out of your arse is just your delusional No True Scotsman fallacy in an effort to keep you from being triggered. The only reason I mentioned boorus was because radical furries are historically total sluts for formal distinction
>>
>>2642601
5 isn't feral, it has a bow
>>
>>2638959
dont give a shit I will fap to what I please.
>>
>>2651518
Idk you dound pretty triggered dude.
i don't know what the fuck you two are arguing about.
>>
>>2652561
>I have no argument and I must shitpost
>>
>>2652561
>dound
The only good thing about your shit opinion is the sound of your misspelling
>>
>>2657866
Stop bumping this shit topic faggot
Nobody cares about your opinions
>>
>>2658154
(you)
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.