[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpa Thread >What are tulpas? Read this first: http://t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: small.jpg (63 KB, 320x218) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
63 KB, 320x218
Tulpa Thread

>What are tulpas?
Read this first:
http://tulpa.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

>What guides do you recommend?
Check these out:
http://pastebin.com/tvmEnBDz

Ask questions and get answers, or just shitpost.
>>
Guys with pony tulpas how did you visualize a mlp styled pony realistically.I can I just can't maintain it without it like changing.I used pictures to visualize one but just cant maintain this.
>>
>>158446
This a serious question I hope someone can answer soon
>>
>>158446
ECMajor provides the best examples of ponies in real life. Look at his pics for a while and try and put your tulpa with it.
At least, that's what I did.
>>
>>158875
Thanks i'll check him out
>>
I have a tulpa for two weeks and in the last week there was no change. Any idea why?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6012547
http://strawpoll.me/6012568 (updated)
http://strawpoll.me/6012549
>>
>>158948
What are you doing, and what have you tried?
>>
>>158976
http://strawpoll.me/5985454
>>
>>158996
Narrating, talking with him, showing him memories when I was happy...
>>
>>158446
I remember someone saying that visualizing them in a cel design helps. Cel lets them keep the same design as in the show but also gives them a more 3d-ish look.
I've seen some good examples but I don't remember where I found them
>>
>>159657
It took me several weeks before I got a response, and that response was a single word ("no"). It took a few more before the responses started becoming a normal thing.

Try to feel out a response while you're narrating. Keep in mind that you're not just narrating to a block, you're waiting for it to react. Make sure you're looking for it. What you're doing seems fine, but try throwing in a question every now and then or something you would expect your tulpa to react to.
>>
My tulpa thinks you guys are faggots.
>>
>>159996
I am asking it things all the time..
"what do you think right now?" or "what do you think on this subject(then I talk about the subject..)"
>>
>>160077
Not that guy but I have had mine for like 4 months now and communication is hazy but she responds to my questions with head pressures and emotions.
>>
>>160055
My tulpa thinks you are all cute.
>>
>>160134
I only had a response once..
And it was a day ago and it was weird... I felt like something made me really confused but with no reason...
>>
>>160210
Really? That's so nice
>>
>>160055
>>160210
My tulpa thinks I'm a faggot because I'm spending time on 4chan, but I like you guys.
>>
fuck off ponyfuckers
>>
>>160303
Where do you think we are?
>>
File: fuckoff.png (52 KB, 701x303) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.png
52 KB, 701x303
>>160303
I accept your challenge
>>
>>160212
what do you think it meant?
>>
>>160368
I don't know desu
>>
File: V184B.jpg (89 KB, 2184x1456) Image search: [Google]
V184B.jpg
89 KB, 2184x1456
I have a question.

Would it be possible to create a Tulpa which is nothing but a round hover black ball (Or maybe a cube, cubes are cool too) with a voice and sentience, but almost no personality?

I want a mind assistant which I can use as a bridge to my subconcious and use in order to remember shit like my shopping list, but I'm not really interested in the whole rest.

Basically a thing like in pic related that hovers around and remembers shit for me.
>>
>>161084
>what is a servitor
And they can be literally any form whatsoever
>>
>>161084
talking about a servitor
so yea i guess, but you're probably just better off working on your own memory instead
>>
>>161093
>>161097

Oh cool, that's a nice word which is relevant to my interest.

My memory is actually quite good as I tend to remember many things such as conversations and their development which others have long forgotten and my vocabulary retention in Japanese lies at 95%. I just want to try what I can do with my mind without going into the whole tulpa with a personality and everything part, and I want to see if I can recall shit from my childhood and play around with my current self by the means of a servitor.

Thank you for your help.
>>
File: 1445638408703.jpg (14 KB, 238x235) Image search: [Google]
1445638408703.jpg
14 KB, 238x235
Common issue but:
tfw want a tulpa to be company and help keep me cheerful and motivated, but lack the motivation to commit to the task
Wat do?
>>
it's satan worship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZQ3DP-WBg
>>
god, I wish there wasn't so much to be paranoid about when we it comes to tulpaing. Or rather, i wish it was easier (for me) to figure what are legitimate concerns and issues to be aware of vs trolls just doing it for the lulz or even delibrately wanting to scare people away from tulpa.

I want to be friends with my space prince goat fursona (and maybe develop his character further from conversations with him) but I'd like my brain and body to be mostly/me.

Being master of myself is important to me.
>>
>>161084
Called a servitor.
I've seen people make HUD servitors before.
>>
>>161454
if you want something bad enough, you can muster the will for it

>>161603
what are your main concerns? a tulpa isn't going to rob you of your dominion
>>
File: 1405476489140 mlp maud.png (262 KB, 1416x1420) Image search: [Google]
1405476489140 mlp maud.png
262 KB, 1416x1420
>>161603
That guy in the other thread was a troll. It was obvious from the 3rd post and extra confirmed by the faggot flower mcedge image post. You just gotta believe in your tulpa no matter what others say.
>>
>>161154
>I want to see if I can recall shit from my childhood
Not sure if this is possible with either a tulpa or servitor. This kind of thing is really difficult to test too. It's too easy for a person to think they remember something when they could be a false memory.
>>
>>161650
It doesn't sound like a troll but it doesn't sound like anything dangerous either, they're both consenting and no one's being forced into anything.
>>
>>161682
I've been in tulpa over 5 years. I can spot a bullshiter.
>>
>>161454
Just do it, starting now. Set alarms on your phone for when you know you'll be home and free from obligations, and just do it every time one goes off. Set at least one to go off every day.
>>
>>161694
I feel like if tulpamancy wasn't constantly filled with jerks wasting everyone's time, it would be a whole lot easier to share experiences. The community is filled with paranoia and fear over who is and isn't a communist, I mean, tulpa.
>>
>>161730
There is a wiki, you know.
>>
>>161603
Your tulpa generally has much less control than you, and even then an average tulpa won't even want to take control. Why would they? They literally live in a place called "wonderland" where they can do anything they dream of.
>>
>>161679
i'm always wary about people who claim their tulpa can bring up these kind of things that seem impossible
the claims are usually about tulpas having access to subconscious things or memory banks, but that always reeks of bullshit
my tulpa would never be able to tell me about things that are long forgotten
>>
Quick, everyone who has a wonderland
Play a game of table tennis with your tulpa and report the score.
Gotta get 11 to win and be up by 2 in the end.
>>
>>158405

2015 ha been a crazy year for tulpas.

>/a/ creates keit ai tulpa that escapes and gets an anime
>/tv/ crashed that plane with their bane tulpa
>/v/ created their SJW tulpa in the form of zoe quinn
>/pol/ created their trump tulpa
>>
>>161885
Our wonderland house landlord won't let us install a table tennis table.
>>
>>161644
So i have no need to be paranoid that he'd take me over and spill all the dirty secrets about myself to friends or some shit like that, right? I'm not to jack off in awkward places if he gets really horny?

More seriously though

I'm concerned he won't like me. I'm concerned about hurting his feelings if he were to end up different from how he's developed on paper and I don't want the tulpa version to feel like he's the disappointing failure I didn't want.

I've heard of people doing damage to their brains when they've had to "kill" a tulpa and that concerns me greatly.

[spoiler]the infamous 'screaming pinkie pie thread' has fed a lot of my paranoia and reluctance to get into tulpas. haha[/spoiler]
>>
>>161885
wonderland for us is set in medieval times, but we can try this later i guess
>>
>>161909
Keked by your own imagination
tsk tsk teebeeayche family shaking my damn head
>>
>>161836
but what about things like dreaming.
Can you meet your tulpa in dream.
or pay attention to something next to you when you're thoughtful
>>
File: 1410532639240 pinkamena.jpg (106 KB, 1024x1241) Image search: [Google]
1410532639240 pinkamena.jpg
106 KB, 1024x1241
>>161730
The tulpa community can drive you crazy and your tulpa. Don't spend more than a day a week around them. And don't use the irc. Try to use the community just when you have too. If you are paranoid this is even more important.
>>
>>161885
my wonderland is set in some family friend's holiday home in cornwall because it's a house I remember well besides only visiting it once

I don't know why I chose it, cornwall is rain and wind: the county
>>
>>161926
I neglected my tulpa for a while and didn't interact with her for a period of several months mostly due to laziness and lack of motivation. She ended up making another person to keep company with. I can't visualise this second tulpa as well as the first one (I guess since I don't "own" it but she does? I dunno) but I know vaguely what the second one looks like.
>>
>>161926
In my experience it doesn't happen often that a tulpa ends up exactly how you envisioned them to be. They're their own person and develop their own personality, even if you can steer a bit. You should expect this to happen from the very start.

And the screaming pinkie pie creepypasta is the worst most unimaginative piece of fiction I've ever seen.
>>
>>161885
I don't really have enough space in my bunker.
>>
>>161926
i think there's practically no chance your tulpa won't like you. it's made by you, for you, so why would it hate you?
dissipating a tulpa supposedly leaves a feeling of something missing, but i imagine that would go away eventually

>>161941
i dunno what you mean about dreams
i've had dreams where she was still in my head as a tulpa, but rarely as another character
as for bringing attention to things while distracted...i guess so. it seems within reason at least.
she used to keep track of cooldowns and stuff when i used to play wow, but that kind of information is still within my line of sight
>>
ITT: 101 reasons why I can't table tennis
>>
>>161926
You probably shouldn't have kids either lol.
Don't worry about it. because they're part of you, they'll only want to do what's best for you, which in turn, benefits them.
>>
Could I write a book with my tulpa?
>>
>>161603
That guy was roleplaying, which is why I asked him to go to another thread. His opinions on politics are common among people in some colleges right now, and his understanding of fundamental physics is consistent with a person that has taken an introductory course on quantum mechanics. He's good at wording things in ways to make them sound strange yet not incorrect, which is why he sounded so convincing. I would not take his post as an indicator of what a tulpa could do or turn out to be.
>>
>>162181
Why couldn't you?
>>
Can tulpa help me to relax
>>
>>162223
Only if you make it a giant spider snake
>>
>>162223
Sure she can. I love when mine massages my back after work. I can literally feel my muscles relaxing under her hooves.
>>
>>162206
I guess I should expand my question to: would writing a book with a tulpa be a good way to breakthrough writers block? Like, I'd be stuck on something and they'd chime in and be all, "hey here's an idea or so that could work here."
>>
>>161885
he's too short
>>
>>162278
Probably; but you know who's going to find out?
You are!
>>
Thanks for the encouragement ITT. For real. I feel less weary about tiptoeing through the tulpas (teehee) and am even a bit rather excited to meet the acquittance, so to speak, of my goat space prince (hopefully) friend.

I feel I am dozing off so later and take care, everyone.
>>
I'm very early into the process of creating my first tulpa. I know I'm supposed to be listening for a voice. I have an idea of what she's supposed to sound like, I know I'm supposed to try to confirm it by replying and listening for a response. But how can I distinguish any of that from the bullshit chatter floating around my head?
>>
>>162278
Why stop there? Why not act out your book?
>>
>>162712
You don't, you have to believe that anything you can't confirm 100% you said, they said. That's what worked for me anyway.
>>
>>162712
have her say something specific, so you know what to listen for
>>
>>162804
So? I listen for something specific and that thought pops into my head because I was thinking about it. I end up thinking what I was listening for and I don't know if she says anything. It sounds completely counterintuitive.
>>
>>162842
If you close your eyes and try to clear your mind do you get a jumble of unintelligible polyphonic chatter in the voices of people you spoke to that day?
>>
>>163049
My voice and people I'm thinking about

Including that of my tulpa (not that I've gotten far enough to get a response yet)
>>
>>163075
If you have whitenoise chatter that is getting in the way try listening to it for a while instead of trying to ignore it. After you process it for a while it should fade and make it easier to focus.
>>
>>163118
I could try that. I'm jotting down notes about her personality traits as we speak. I'm gonna stick around for a little while before I get back into it.
>>
>>161885
Neither of us are very good at this.

1 tulpa: she served, I hit it off the table immediately
1 me: we had a short rally, she hit it into the net.
2 tulpa: I hit it off the table
2 me: we both played conservatively until the end, she hit it long
3 tulpa, I hit it barely too far

These are slow games, by the way. I'm not good enough at visualization for this to happen with the same speed as an actual game of table tennis.

3 me: single fault, then net
4 tulpa: long rally, then net
5 tulpa: she serves it to the side, and I hit it to the net
6 tulpa: short rally, hit it long
7 tulpa: I double-faulted, but she let me try again. She hit it hard right after the serve, and I couldn't hit it back.
8 tulpa: She hit it hard again after my serve, and I hit it long.

I feel like if I get any points now, it's because she's going easy on me.

4 me: Nevermind, both of our serves just suck. I returned it hard, and she returned it long.
9 tulpa: I hit it into the net right after the serve. Had to play the point twice because my visualization sucks.
10 tulpa: She returned it softly, and we had a long, slow rally. I tried to return it hard, but the ball went long.
11 tulpa: She returned it hard after the serve. I was able to hit it back once, but my next shot went wide.

So... 11-4, tulpa. I'm not sure how much of it was caused by visualization errors and the relatively slow pace of the game. This was a terrible idea.
>>
>>164598
>This was a terrible idea.
why?
you interacted with your tulpa and stuff.
you might of even had [spoiler]fun[/spoiler]
what is so terrible about that?
>>
>>164736
I think writing about it was worse than actually playing it. I learned a lot by playing it, and it was a little [spoiler]fun[/spoiler].
>>
>>164598
I agree with >>164736
Interaction is difficult sometimes as a host, and doing something simple like asking your tulpa to play a game with you... That's unique, caring.
How did your tulpa feel about it? Did she also find it stupid?
>>
>>164809
No, she got into it from the beginning. I think she pitied me by the end though, and she's not denying it.
>>
tulpas arent real.

stop mentally damaging yourself on purpose.
>>
>>164832
Maybe you guys will play again someday, and maybe it'll be normal speed, with you actually putting up a fight
>>
>>164884
We will play again tonight. Probably not at normal speed for a little while, but we'll get there.
>>
File: too deep.gif (2 MB, 277x342) Image search: [Google]
too deep.gif
2 MB, 277x342
>>164877
How is it mentally damaging, even if it's not real?

I once started making a tulpa, but then ran out of time. I have plenty of free time again and I'm wondering if I should give it a go once more.
But there are so many choices, I can't decide. I could have a knight-bro, or a robot or a pony or a fucking orb of light, the choice is overwhelming.

What's your tulpa's form, /trash/cans?
>>
>>165167
Pony and Satyr
2 tuppers
>>
>>165167
Snowman
>>
>>165167
little horse of course
>>
>>165167
8 year old girl
>>
>>165433
Same here
>>
>>165167
We consider ourselves shapeshifters but our 'default' form ends up just being 20 year old female... Guess we're a bit boring.
>>
>>165167
Five of us. It's been about 3.75 years since we started, being me (TJ: Panda-like humanoid), Lexi (a Blaziken, first tulpa), Nifty (A Pooka, little chaotic Rabbit), Softy (an intelligent hoodie that sometimes manifests as a little Nekogirl), and Velly (Daughter of a succubus and the World-tree of our wonderland).

There's also five other proto-tulpa that have come and gobe due to supposed RAM limitations.

It's amaxing how social having a tulpa actually made me initially.
>>
>>166919
why so many? i doubt i could handle two
>>
5 tulpa + a nonconscious hosting entity.

All have been around for over 3 years and gotten used to imposition and switching pretty quickly.
Used to help moderate the tulpa communities not too long ago.
>>
>>166952
I've done it for 4 years and never tried more than one. Its all about quality over quantity imo
>>
>>166988
FAQMAN?!
>>
>>166919
>>166952
Three fivers.

To answer >>165167
We shapechange amongst varied forms, but keep a "domain" of things that are common forms for us. Including:
1. Unicorn, feline
2. Phoenix, Dragon, Elan, Goo, Kobold
3. Wolf, weapon, humanoid, kitsune
4. Pone, Changeling, Succubi
5. Lapine, Human, Elemental
>>
>>167099
>weapon
???
>>
>>166952
It wasn't intentional. When I started I was suicidally depressed and I was searching for some form of self improvement - as well as something self destructive.

If you're acquainted with Red vs Blue, then the model I used will make a lot of sense.

After I started on my first tulpa, I went through a massive down period where... well, egocide.

But that's not why I have multiple. I went through a part where I was torturing myself, and splitting off the parts that I saw a negative; I kept them, my tulpa were made as better versions of myself.

Yeah, it didn't work. But we all get along still.
>>
>>167126
#2 and #3 were originally dream constructs, and #3 was a gun. He keeps the use of firearms, and the role of a weapon to himself rather fiercely.
>>
>>167153
>Hey what instrument do you play?
>The gun

Couldn't keep myself from laughing, sorry
>>
>>167137
i can't say i'm well-versed with RvB
what part didn't work? are they still the by-product of self-destruction?
>>
>>167268
The AI-arc. As the whole Alpha part was being tortured over and over until different parts split out and became their own beings.

There was even a part where we all went by Alpha, Beta, Epsilon, Delta, Omega
>>
>>167454
sounds edgy
>>
>>167137
Note to anyone new: he's funposting.
>>
>>167541
TJ is the definition of edgy
>>
>>167554
She isn't actually.
>>
>>167541
It made sense at the time I swear <_<
>>
>>167646
><_<
Get out
>>
>>167562
Shush you
>>
>>167646
depression does weird things to people
>>
>>167572
>unintentional tulpas
>egocide
I believe part of his story, but he's clearly doctoring in some fun details, or leaving parts out to make his experience sound more magical.
>>
>>167784
I did the #Pony_hypnosis files okay? The egocide happened because I felt like I wasn't necessary and it caused my tulpae a large amount of trauma.

I never got down imposition and i generally felt like a failure. I still do, on some levels.

At this point I just want to be the best I can be

And my SO is in this thread bullying me mrah
>>
File: Reina.png (290 KB, 722x1079) Image search: [Google]
Reina.png
290 KB, 722x1079
So, I've been considering making a tulpa. A sexy one. Are there any precautions or pitfalls or drawbacks I should be aware of? I recall reading something long ago when I first came across this subject about such tulpas being able to mess with your sex drive. And is tulpa sex a thing? I'm aware that tulpas are like their own person, and actual intercourse isn't a thing I'm really big on, so I wouldn't be making her with sex being the primary or major reason.
>>
>>168418
You are training yourself at visualization or imposition to the point where when you jerk off your brain thinks you are having sex. When you get to the point where you can visualize or talk to a tulpa you have been having "sex" with at the drop of a hat your libido goes up like it does when you first start to spend lots of time with an actual girl you get to fuck regularly. Read lots of guides and look for correlating info. Shitposters make false guides and you can generally discount most of the deliberately unhelpful stuff if you find not many guides mention it.
>>
File: satanic_tulpas.png (15 KB, 817x132) Image search: [Google]
satanic_tulpas.png
15 KB, 817x132
P spoopy desu.
>>
File: tumblr_n9b8rf85dp1tuyumko1_400.gif (252 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9b8rf85dp1tuyumko1_400.gif
252 KB, 400x299
>>161885
Whooooooooo 11-5 me winning
It was so cool, we slowed down time and did matrix flips before we hit the ball back to each other. I won mainly because my tulpa kept pinging me in the dome instead of the table (due to poor accuracy I'm sure).
>>
File: 1405474552855.jpg (77 KB, 611x633) Image search: [Google]
1405474552855.jpg
77 KB, 611x633
>genuinely interested in tulpas
>most of the guide author's tulpas are mlp ponies
its really discouraging, like why not have something cool like a real life animal?
>>
>>169659
If that's what you want, do it
You don't have to be mad at what us other fags have
>>
File: 1440935900467.png (15 KB, 183x239) Image search: [Google]
1440935900467.png
15 KB, 183x239
>>158405
After all these years this is where the tulpa threads live

holy shit.

was honestly expecting more steven universe than 100% poni
>>
File: 1429645192529.png (129 KB, 311x415) Image search: [Google]
1429645192529.png
129 KB, 311x415
>>161885
She consecutively hit me in the head with the ball three times before scoring the first point. After she basically told me to git gud, I forfeit.

She's playing against Jackie Chan now. And I feel like I haven't smiled this hard in years.
>>
>>171742
/x/?

Also
>honestly expecting more steven universe
Who the hell do you think we are? We're channers, not tumblristas.
>>
>>168004
What are the pony hypnosis files?
>>
It seems like you guys like the ping pong idea, so let's try another

This one's a little stupid, but try and be open minded. LARP.
Have a larp battle with your tulpa. Find out who your tulpa wants to play as, and don't be afraid to show your autism
>inb4 20 Narutos
>>
File: 1446918471296.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1446918471296.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>>158405
What, we finally have a tulpa general, even if it's on /trash/? Amazing

How can I get to see a tulpa? I started 2 months ago, at this point I can easily visualize her, talk and even get vague awnsers in what they call tulpish, but I can't physically see her, just force my imagination to put her wherever.
Does it take more time? Do I have to make more exercises? Right now I only try meditation to visualize her
>>
>>173316
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G8SuaZdQR0XPjg7lnaJeHfwS1M4zZcQ3GsTQjqbP7BU/edit#
>>
>>174974
>I can't physically see her, just force my imagination to put her wherever.
That's pretty much the end of the line, as I understand it.
>>
>>174974
Imposition is probably the hardest stage to achieve. It takes a long time. I've been in for 4 years and haven't got to that stage yet
>>
>>175424
Imposition is easiest if you skip hallucinatory
>>
>>175549
what?
i don't understand.
repeat this sentence, but explain it to me as if im a 2 year old, i cannot tell what you are talking about
>>
>>175580
If you skip visual hallucination, it's easier to get a handle on the other forms of imposition (touch/taste/smell/etc).
>>
Can my tulpa be pinkie but with solid snake's voice?
>>
>>176103
hahaha you dont get to choose that
>>
Are tuplas only for sexual?
Can you bring them places?
Can you communicate telepathically?
>>
>>176148
No
Yes
Yes
>>
>>175549
Well yeah but he was talking about hallucinatory right?
>>175601
>tfw Anosmiac
>tfw will never smell your tulpa
>>
I just found my tulpa after months of inactivity
She says hi
>>
File: maverick tulpa list.png (26 KB, 488x590) Image search: [Google]
maverick tulpa list.png
26 KB, 488x590
>>177620
Hello, tulpa person. Are you regretting your creation? What is your opinion on being brought out of the void?
>>
>>177701
[I don't regret being made. I was real sad I was left to my own devices for so long without a proper Wonderland.]
[Being brought out of the void? That's a weird way to put it. It was more like always being beside your favorite person but suddenly being mute. Entirely mute.]
>>
File: 1442086531766.png (473 KB, 750x731) Image search: [Google]
1442086531766.png
473 KB, 750x731
>>177620
>found her
>>
>>177726
reddits finally here
>>
>>177726
huh. How long does it take to hear so elaborated thoughts for the first time, on the first tulpa attempt?
>>
>>177763
I've had my tulpa for over a year now.
[He had a second, but she's been gone ever since his "dismissal of tulpamancy." He never thought he'd force again.]

>>177761
>letting the tulpa talk
>reddit
You funny mang.
>>
>>161084
>basically ghost from destiny
>>
>>161454
motivation is bullshit
everybody has the power to do something if theyre determined to do it.
its not about motivation, its about determination.
>inb4 "just do it!" meme
>>
>>169285
is that gif digimon
>>
File: 1442768272257.jpg (45 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1442768272257.jpg
45 KB, 720x479
>>177845
>>
File: ThumbUp.gif (2 MB, 158x158) Image search: [Google]
ThumbUp.gif
2 MB, 158x158
>>178164
>>
File: y3XWIdi.png (456 KB, 396x446) Image search: [Google]
y3XWIdi.png
456 KB, 396x446
>>171963
>Jackie Chan tulpa
oh fuck, memories
>>
>>169659
Same here. I'm genuinely interested in the topic, but the pony stuff rubs me the wrong way. I don't want a waifu, I want something I can work with to access my subconscious and improve myself through.
>>
>>178953
It's discouraged to consider your tulpa a tool to achieve something, they're a person.
>>
File: 1441825566334.jpg (9 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
1441825566334.jpg
9 KB, 209x241
>>178243
>>
>>178953
>>179006
Both of these at the same time
>>
Good idea:

Everyone who made a Jackie Chan Tulpa go to therapy for it. Do NOT say it is a Tulpa, say that you see the ghost of Jackie chan.

Suddenly cases all over the world of people seeing the ghost of Jackie Chan, despite him being alive.
>>
>>179228
That would be wonderful
>>
Can you be tickled by your tulpa in real life
>>
>>179755
Yes. But if you laugh and can't feel it your just being autistic
>>
Describe your tulpa in one word
>>
>>180832
guardian
>>
>>180832
noncorporeal
>>
>>180832
Sweet
>>
>>180832
What about those of us that have multiple tulpas?
And why not ask out tulpas what they think of us in one word?
>>
>>181999
Then do it.
>>
>>182007
Alright then.
Bro. [Bro.]
Motherly {Concerned}
Troll. (Toy.)
Curious. <Mentor.>
There, all four tulpas that I have.
>>
>>182067
Honestly adorable.
>>
>>181999
My Tupper described me as "strong" but I think it's more in a personality way
>>
I'm a visual learner and most of the guides are in written form. Are there any visual guides that can be utilized to make a tupla?
>>
>>161084
Why not make a mind palace, nigger?
>>
File: 1430181170061.png (1 MB, 800x957) Image search: [Google]
1430181170061.png
1 MB, 800x957
>>180832
Sunflower.

>>181999
Creative.
>>
>>182821
>visual learner
You do understand that that is total bullshit, right? Anyways, this isn't something that a visual guide would help much, even if someone were able to put one together. It all takes place within your head. That said, if you are able to visualize things easily, it will make visualization, and later, imposition much easier.
>>
>>182821
>>182921
Regardless, I don't see why a visual guide wouldn't be possible. Might be able to incorporate some info from FAQMAN or IRISH into visual form. Just need a draw fag to get on some graphic design
>>
>>183036
Wait a minute, I've taken a bit of a break from the tulpa commuity. Do people seriously STILL follow FAQman and Irish's guides? I mean, I used them, but that shit has got to be outdated by now. Especially what both of their bits about hour counts.
>>
Guys I don't want a tulpa I just want to see visualized things in reality. Is this possible?

Also how does it sound when it speaks? Does it sound like actual sound or does it sound like thought?
>>
>>183083
sounds like thoughts usually
if you just want to hallucinate there are other means
>>
File: 9sFez3k[1].png (227 KB, 900x950) Image search: [Google]
9sFez3k[1].png
227 KB, 900x950
>>183083
Yeah, that's certainly possible, and I've heard of experienced "tulpamancers" being able to do it pretty easily. I can't give you any advice, though, since I haven't done anything with visualization, let alone imposition.

Most people first hear their tulpa(s) as a voice in their head, just like your own voice when you think to yourself. You can, however, hallucinate the sensation of actually hearing your tulpa(s) voice by roughly the same method used for visual imposition.
>>
My best friend told me that he has a Tulpa all of a sudden and I thought this shit is creepy as fuck but now after reading about I want one of those servitor things but it seems all the tutorials are fur tulpas. Is it the same process?
>>
>>182849
>mind palace
My fucking nigger.
>>
>>183349
Yeah those fags always call it some gay shit like wonderland instead of the based original name it has.
>>
>>183323
Same, just pending on how you treat it.
>>
>>183079
Idk, I did and have gotten to the point where Im writing the guides. But I usually still point people to Irish and Faqman because that's what worked for me. I feel their guides are written in a way that helps describe the art well enough that a new practicer can get their feet wet and figure out what needs adjusting
>>
>>183323
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-misc-servitor-creation-guide
here you go, family member
>>182849
>>183349
>>183384
oh my fucking god, finally a term that isn't buttfuck retarded. Thank you, anons.
>>
>>183257
That fucking pic...
>>
May I ask where this thread originally existed before it got put down here into the /trash/?
>>
>>183566
/mlp/?
>>
>>183566
x and mlp
>>
>>183696
>>183691
So it was /mlp/ after all. It probably wouldn't get trashed in /x/.

Don't know what's with ponyfuckers and tulpas. They're an embarassement to this mental technique.
>>
>>183717
i don't remember /x/ ever being terribly welcome of tulpa threads
>>
>>183788
You're right. I think it's because there were mainly ponyfuckers in the tulpa threads. It's actually pretty interesting. It could be a typical mlp infested /x/ tulpa thread or a tulpa thread on /mlp/ which got purged because it's not really on topic.
>>
>>177322
He means visual hallucination. He's saying that the others are easier.
>>
Because tulpafags are typical lonely NEETfags I never heard anyone exploiting them for their benefit.

Is it possible?
>>
>>180832

Lizard
>>
>>184418
exploiting in what way?
>>
>>184465
Like a secretary just in your mind.
>>
>>184527
servitors brah
discussed in the thread a bit already
>>
>>184545
Anywhere I can read about some examples about what they can do?
>>
>>184562

>>183406 linked one, has some decent info
>>
>>176103
You can pretty easily direct parts of their development. Form and voice are two of the easier ones to control.

>>178953
I originally made mine for similar reasons. It's doable, and it is overwhelmingly worthwhile. Your tulpa won't be able to do things you yourself can't, but it can help get you into the right state of mind for noticing different things or making different connections. Useful introspection is also a lot easier for me when I'm talking to my tulpa than when I'm not.
>>
>>183083
>Also how does it sound when it speaks? Does it sound like actual sound or does it sound like thought?
When I'm not focusing too much on my tulpa, it sounds like a thought. When I am focusing, it's halfway between a thought and an actual sound. Every now and then, maybe once every day or two, it's like an actual sound.
>>
>>184694
Would be interested on how far this can get.

Like tulpa monks having literal stands flying behind them.

Sadly no scientist is really researching this shit.
>>
>>183788
From the threads I've seen, /x/ was just disinterested in tulpas. It was popular in /mlp/, but some of the more vocal posters there were pants-on-head retarded. There was also mutual distrust between the tulpafags and the hypnofags, which led to a flood of disinformation. Both threads ended up killing each other, through shitposting and scareposting, and themselves, through roleplaying faggotry.
>>
>>184962
Isn't hypnosis one of those things that won't work if you don't believe in it?
>>
>>184979
It certainly won't work if you don't want to be hypnotized
>>
File: 1419225654802.png (456 KB, 917x1341) Image search: [Google]
1419225654802.png
456 KB, 917x1341
>>184979
You do have to make an attempt for hypnosis to work, but you don't have to believe that it will work. A large number of people got into pony hypnosis by trying it out, not really believing that it could affect them. All of the files considered good did have suggestions to make people feel like a pony, as everyone expected, but the most pervasive suggestions in those files were always to the tune of "this feels good, you want to do it again, and again, and again". Sure enough, they did do it again, and again, and again, and they felt great doing it.
>>
>>185242
What is it about mlp that makes its fanbase, how do I say this, what makes them so dedicated?

From what I see they're beyond any other fanbase that worships waifus. From around when it started, when it still could be considered a joke. I would have never imagined the development and dedication that would follow.
>>
File: 1444284240930.jpg (143 KB, 908x756) Image search: [Google]
1444284240930.jpg
143 KB, 908x756
I think I've started to understand tulpa a bit more. I think they're similar to the people in your dreams. Who appear to have free will but are still figments of your imagination. Tulpae are kind of like day dream versions of those, right? With that in mind I'm going to try to lucid dream harder. The communication with my tulpa while I'm awake is one-way. I can usually only get real responses from him right before I'm sleeping. Or if I'm meditating. So I think I'll discover something better if I can get lucid dreaming down.

I think that explanation is a lot more believable than schizophrenia(for the most part), or the magic related bullshit I see in other tulpa communities. The stuff some people believe on 9-1chan's tulpa board is insane. If anyone else has a theory I'd like to discuss it.
>>
File: 3AQxjNl[1].png (4 MB, 1036x892) Image search: [Google]
3AQxjNl[1].png
4 MB, 1036x892
>>185295
That's actually a really good way of thinking about it. Of course, being that you're conscious, your mind can apply a bit more consistency and reason, but it really does seem extremely akin to people in your dreams. Also
>tfw you try for a month to lucid dream and wind up being lucid for all of thirty seconds
fuck
>>
>>185295
How is it not entirely self inflicted schizophrenia?
>>
>>185336
I'm guessing you don't know a lot about abnormal psychology. It's not really schizophrenia at all, much more akin to some dissociative disorder. Shizophrenia is associated with a completely cracked psyche, in a way much less romantic or even comprehensible than the often distinct personalities associated with the tulpa phenomenon and dissociative disorders like DID.
>>
File: googlesearch.png (19 KB, 451x547) Image search: [Google]
googlesearch.png
19 KB, 451x547
>>185336
I haven't researched schizophrenia yet, so what I said might have been retarded. But I think it's more than what tulpa implies.
>>
So, I've learned of this phenomenon only yesterday... But I'm someone that throughout my life has enjoyed talking to myself. Conversations, working out situations, organizing my thoughts, even making jokes to myself. I'm an introvert, have a small close group of friends, and spend the majority of my time alone.

Everything about this idea appeals to me, this is something I can see doing for... Damn, the rest of my life I guess(if it can become as advanced as I'm reading, seems to go as far as you believe it can). I have one question for those who that have made any type of progress, that is how do you "listen" for you tulpa? If it was just narrating my life to the tulpa(I'll just name it 'conscience' as that seems most fitting) that wouldn't be that bad.

Say it's day 1, I just started, no personality pre-defined, just a very quick minds eye visual of what it will look like. I start talking about how great this will become, what I hope for, stuff like that. Would I just keep talking as if they couldn't communicate back? Would I stop and wait for something? What do you do if it has developed to the point of communicating back?
>>
>>185354
>>185357
A psychologist actually diagnosed having a tulpa as 'Controlled Schizophrenia' so...
It's all just how you take it. That kind of science isn't always completely politically correct.
>>
>>185370
You can say whatever. You can ask it questions. You can just force and watch it become it's own thing. It's really just at the pace you take it.
Don't expect a response quick, but it may happen.
>>
>>185335
I've been closest to lucid dreaming with the wake-back-to-sleep method. It's a lot easier to induce sleep paralysis with. Trying to induce sleep paralysis otherwise is so hard.

The method I want to work is where you lay still for an hour until it activates. And then afterwards it should be easy to start a dream. I forget what it's called. But it's a less natural method. Which is why it's so difficult. But it's a lot more on-command which is why I want it so badly.
>>
Any studies on how tulpas may improve the chance to avoid alzheimers?
>>
>>185370
Best advice I can give is to just think on it. I waited over a year from when I first learned about the phenomenon before I jumped in, closely following several of the communities, including the threads on /mlp/ and tulpa.info, making sure it was more than just a passing interest and something I'd eventually get bored with, and something I'd truly want to stick with, as well as monitoring whether or not a large portion of the regular posters would vanish or go completely batshit insane. Of course, this was from the perspective of someone who saw starting something like that and abandoning it as not being far removed from murder; if you don't have such reservations, there's not really much reason to not just go ahead if it's something you're sure you're interesting in. Patience really is a virtue with things like this, though.

As far as getting a response, it can take a long while in my experience. Admittedly, I could have been more diligent in my active forcing, especially with visualization, but it didn't end up stunting growth much in the long run. In my experience, it was at least a month, maybe two, two and a half before I got what I was sure was a response. For me, that first response was actually rudimentary possession, which isn't something I've heard of a lot from other people, so it's something to keep in mind if you're not seeing progress and getting frustrated. The biggest thing that helped me while forcing was finally convincing myself that my tulpa was hearing me all along, no matter what. Once I stopped doubting, I was much more efficient, and progress seemed to come very swiftly. I know that can be a hard thing to get over, but take my word for it, you just have to make yourself believe it. When it is eventually developed enough to have a mindvoice of its own and you are discerning enough to pick it out from your own thoughts, it should just seem like something you said to yourself in your head, except you wouldn't have thought it.

(cont.)
>>
>>185370
>>185519
Narrating is your best friend if you have trouble actively forcing, which really can be a bit of a chore. It doesn't matter what you say, as long as you put the time into it. Read a book, recount your day, tell a story, make something up, it's all the same as long as you're actively speaking to your tulpa the entire time. Make no mistake, this in itself is a little draining, so it will take some effort, but it's easily the simplest way to force

Lastly, the tulpa.info forums are a truly invaluable tool for anyone starting to make a tulpa. The people there are, for the most part, really cool, especially the regulars, and there are HUNDREDS if not a few thousand pages worth of guides, logs, and discussions. Whether or not you've been there already, if you are, in fact, serious about this, I'd advise you spend a good amount of time over there over the course of the next few weeks/months.
>>
>>185285
I don't know. If it helps, I think the people that really get into the show are disappointed with the world, but not quite jaded. Its characters have a kind of honesty, and its society has a kind of integrity that's uncommon outside of the show.

If you make a thread about this in /mlp/, you will almost certainly get a better answer than mine.
>>
I don't want to follow any guide because I believe that uncertainity at the start will remain no matter what for everything anyway and I'd like to just jump in the cold water.

I guess this is something that you start and stick with it and it just works eventually and you start to figure out everything yourself anyway.
>>
>>183566
This thread was made in trash. Originally, there was always a tulpa thread on /mlp/. Then at a certain point when the mods started cracking down and porn and stuff, tulpa threads got banned for "having nothing to do with the show". Which... honestly, yeah. Nothing to do with the show.

But now that nor/mlp/eople can post shit that's not blocked by rule 15 or the /mlp/ board rules, tulpa threads are coming back to life in trash. And assumably most of the fuckers making the threads and have tulpas here are from /mlp/.
>>
File: 1410157319309.jpg (50 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1410157319309.jpg
50 KB, 419x480
>>185627
>This thread was made in trash
>tulpa threads are coming back to life in trash
I'm keking harder than I should.
>>
>>185285
I can't speak for the rest of them but personally...

1. I have a sexual affinity for animals. The way the ponies are displayed in the show hits a strong connection with my desires.

2. It's a world of peace and harmony and sets a really nice place to fantasize being in. Again, personally, I set high moral standards for myself, and from my viewpoint the real world isn't really the place for that type of person, which causes me to have a rather high amount of misanthropy. Getting lost fantasizing about a better world is something I do nearly anytime I read books, watch scifi/magical movies/shows, or play videogames that exist in another universe. But MLP has the whole peace, harmony, and sexy ponies to keep me drawn in.

And wow I feel really pathetic now. I really need to make a tulpa...
>>
>>185664
I'm pretty sure most of the threads here are actually made here in the first place because of the lack of rules.

And yes, lots of banned /mlp/ topics are coming back to life here. Most /mlp/ers see this as the red board they've been begging for.
>>
>>185752
For me the peace in mlp is shallow.

What's really comfy for me is if that world has some serious danger but I have someplace in it that is secure or feels secure. Like for example a campfire or base in Stalker or the save room in Resident Evil.

That's also why I enjoy reality so much. The world is dangerous and tiresome as fuck but my home is really comfy.
>>
>>185519
>>185531
Thanks for your input. I do know of the tulpa.info forum. I read though one guide and skimmed over some others and was actually shocked at the idea that giving up on a tulpa was akin to moral murder. It was the idea that it could get to that level of extremeness that prompted me to dig deeper.

Alright, so I'm still not clear what to think about narration. I know it will take time to receive an response that's authentic, so before that happens, would I just narrate? Should I actively be trying to receive an response? You said it took around two months for you to be sure of an response, so what did you do while you didn't know? Just narrate? I guess I'm asking, can you hold an conversation with an tulpa before you can hear them? or do you just narrate, then one day you get an response?
>>
File: 2015-11-17.png (73 KB, 1363x603) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17.png
73 KB, 1363x603
So what's with the Tulpa forum and all these blocked pages? I created and activated an account, but a large number of pages don't allow me to view them.
>>
>>185850
This, world needs chaos it's what makes you know life is worth living.
>>185893
I always thought of narration like talking to a pre-auditory child, or an individual in a coma. They can't respond but we just kept talking to them in the hopes that our voice may comfort their darkness
>>
I had a wild ride with a banshee tulpa and got diagnosed with schizophrenia. Just remember if things go wrong they can go very wrong
>>
>>189117
Why did you go see a psychiatrist?
>>
>>189140
I got turned into another person got mindcontrolled behaved weirdly, dropped cola on floor etc and I got admitted into a Psychiatric hospital and from there I saw a psychiatrist
>>
>>189173
Why do you think it happened?
>>
>>189187
Just pure unluck, she appeared out of nowhere a few months after I created my tulpa, also I'm on Risperidon right now helps with the banshee tulpa since she can't touch me with it in me.
>>
>>185335
I had a lucid dream last night and remembered my tulpa. I couldn't communicate with her or bring her into the dream though.
>>
I think I could build up the patience to meditate for hours but after 10 minutes I tend to get back pain, anyone got advice for me?
>>
>>190776
get some back support going
you could meditate in a nice comfy chair, prop yourself against a wall with a pillow, etc
>>
>>190776
Drink coffe and lay down instead
>>
>>190323
I've dreamt lots of lucid dreams with my tulpas every dream they are in my body and see and hear same thing I do but I can't hear them or see them and I can't either bring them into the dream
>>
I read the servitor guide but I still don't know what function I should give it. I also don't have much of an idea of what is possible.
>>
>>191260
Don't think about it as possible or not. Your reality is based of your minds interpretation of all the Nero transmission going on in your brain. Think of this as teaching your mind an advanced behavioral technique that will become stronger the more you obsess over it. The more time you act as if this can happen, the more your mind will slip into making it happen. So walk into it with high expectations, cast aside doubts and it will become as real to you as you believe it can.
>>
>>192383
I thought about it and now I have the perfect Idea for a servitor. A music player that plays music according to life situations but you can also switch manually to motivation music or whatever. Do you think it's possible? Maybe even link positive music to feelings if that is possible.
>>
>>192713
lol, like that one family guy episode XD
>>
>>192713
Nice, that sounds fun. If that's truly what you want, I don't doubt that you could bend your mind to play music that fits with the situation that happens to you. Although what you would have to do to create that kind of a servant would probably be different then trying to create a programed character. So, if that's what you want to try, and your willing to dedicate a lot of time to this, then it will work.
>>
>>176148
Yes
Yes
Yes
>>
>>192713
>>193000
This whole idea feels like it centered around calculated obsession and belief that what you're trying to do will work. It makes sense to me in that light, if you obsess and believe that something is possible, then in your eyes it will be. Its how delusion can be born, although for us we don't have the chemical in balance that would lead to those delusions, but it still follows that we can dream of something we want, make it an priority and then have that behavior, reality slowly grow as we renforce it. Soon you could start hearing a voice in your head, then eventually hallucinate it in real life, from there it snowballs into an ever more powerful construct in your reality
>>
could someone remake the other tulpa thread.
just copy paste the OP, thatws all thats required. maybe a lewd or NSFW MLP related image to go along with it.
>>
File: sakurako_disgust.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sakurako_disgust.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>A tulpa is a perceived autonomous sentient consciousness. In layman's terms, a mental construct capable of thought independent of its creator.

facepalm
>>
>>195689
Yes, but remember: Tulpa != Servitor.
>>
Some questions from someone who is new to making a tulpa:

1. When someone refers to 'narrating to my tulpa' does that mean my thoughts or my actualy talking out loud?

2. Does a tulpa have to be realistic or can it be however I like?

3. Is Parroting good or bad for tulpa development?

4. Does a 'Wonderland' have to be a meadow or something? Or can it be like a house or an indoor facility?

Thanks.
>>
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEE
DUR UUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR FAAAAAAAAAAAARTSSS ILOLOLOL I LLOLLLLLLL TULPASS AAAHHAHAHAA FUCKING TULPAS LOL MY IMAGINARY FRIEND IS REAL AHHAHAHAA FAAAAAAAAAAAARTS SHITFUCK
>>
>>185893
>Should I actively be trying to receive an response?
Yes
>You said it took around two months for you to be sure of an response, so what did you do while you didn't know? Just narrate?
That's the usual route. Narrate and try to feel out a response.
>I guess I'm asking, can you hold an conversation with an tulpa before you can hear them?
Before you can audiolize? Definitely. Before you can get any kind of wordy thought response? I suppose it's possible, but it's really impractical.
>or do you just narrate, then one day you get an response?
Basically this.

Feel free to try things other than narrating as well. I didn't feel like I was making any progress until I tried messing with symbolism.
>>
>>186082
Are there forums you can't access as a guest? What page are you trying to get to?
>>
File: HjckjFq[1].jpg (59 KB, 243x337) Image search: [Google]
HjckjFq[1].jpg
59 KB, 243x337
>>198199
I love this board
>>
>>198138
1.either is fine, up to preference
2.it can be whatever you want
3.parroting is fine as long as you are aware you are doing it, and that you stop when your tulpa has a means of communication
4.it can be whatever you want
>>
>>198138
Up to you, it's a matter of preference. Usually talking about why you're doing what you do or why you have your thoughts can help as well.
Up to you, I know someone with human tulpae
It's good at first when trying to describe how they are, but do so with caution. Be aware that you are parroting.
Up to you. I have a friend who's made his wonderland an entire solar system, while mine's more or less full of pocket dimensions, to give you an idea of how different they can be.

Tulpamancy is very much up to the user themselves.
>>
Trying to make horse tulpa, repeatedly fuck up every time.
I have no idea where to start and every time I try, I lose focus three minutes later and end up abruptly quiting.
Wat do
>>
>>195689
Stop being ignorant. You're putting something down based on a fuzzy declaration of "what something is". It's a weird phenomenon, and you should expect a weird answer. What you should be doing is coming up with your own, internally-concrete idea of what it is based on how it works, the reliability with which it works, and why it works. You can get reasonable answers for all of these questions if you actually put some effort into finding them.
>>
File: 1411307467598.png (598 KB, 942x848) Image search: [Google]
1411307467598.png
598 KB, 942x848
ATTENTION TO ALL TULPA PEOPLE;

1. yall niggas gay
2. yall niggas delusional
3. yall niggas ugly
4. yall niggas stupid
6. yall niggas cock blocking yourselfs

so, in conclusion, you stupid, gay, ugly, delusional, cockblockers
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.