[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U knowe who needs a ReAction...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: Steven Universe.jpg (87 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
Steven Universe.jpg
87 KB, 640x320
No, seriously tho, let's do a topic about stuff that Funko's ReAction figures should do, if they were willing to get more adventurous.

As you can tell from my pic, I am immensely annoyed that; even tho they hold the Steven Universe license, they haven't even done any actual action figures with them. Especially for ReAction, but not in the usual pseudo-Kenner way.

I'm thinking more of a pastige of Rock Lords (Which was underrated dammit) IE, with the gem-characters able to transform into their gems and more articulated than normal. It'd probably be more expensive, but it'd be worth it as all hell. Well, I'd buy it at least...
>>
>>5642808
Reaction should have died after Alien. It's literally real life ironic shitposting. Alien only gets a pass because they were based on actual Kenner designs.

Eat a bullet, OP
>>
File: SUMMON THE PLAGUE.jpg (124 KB, 453x700) Image search: [Google]
SUMMON THE PLAGUE.jpg
124 KB, 453x700
Also, considering that Jason Eisner specifically said in interviews that they were based on the design aesthetics of 80s toys/80s toy villains, there really needs to be a ReAction for The Plague from Hobo With A Shotgun.

Hell, my idea for it would be as the kickoff to a larger-sized late-80s/early-90s-Playmates-house-style-styled (Think Ninja Turtles, Toxic Crusaders, Earthworm Jim, Dick Tracey, ect) size range for sleazier, more urban films.

My ideal films for that range'd include pretty much anything by David Cronenberg and Frank Heinlotter, Tokyo Gore Police, The Last Dragon, a melting-hobo figure based on Street Trash designed to ooze slime, Death Race 2000 (With possible vehicles using retooled molds of course) and even stuff from non-Toxie Troma films like Poultrygeist or Nuke-Em High!
>>
>>5642822
Yeah, but they did actually also just license those unproduced figures for The Dark Crystal. Like, this isn't even a rumor, their original designer Tim Clarke (Who also did Sectaurs and Boglins BTW) actually not only confirmed this, but he's even shown off an all-new Augra sculpt he did for the line.

OF course, hopefully this means that there's hope for other unproduced 80s toylines, like The Last Starfighter in pic related.

But, yeah, speaking as OP, there is kind of an "off" quality in the earlier waves of ReAction figs in their mimicry of 80s toys compared to; say; the similar efforts of Warpo. Anyone more familiar with toy-design-aesthetics/manufacturing-practices able to explain that?
>>
File: ReAction Dark Crystal.jpg (143 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
ReAction Dark Crystal.jpg
143 KB, 640x640
>>5642843
Like, here's proof in Pic related. And there's a whole lot more on Mr Clarke's blog: http://timclarketoys.tumblr.com/
>>
File: Audrey2.jpg (37 KB, 550x297) Image search: [Google]
Audrey2.jpg
37 KB, 550x297
Also, dammit, I want them to at least produce a reasonably-priced large-sized version of THIS FUCKER! Because, lord knows they deserved a toy in the 80s...
>>
Steven Universe isn't profitable, its why they keep going on hiatus to raise funds for it.
>>
File: MST3K.jpg (29 KB, 625x433) Image search: [Google]
MST3K.jpg
29 KB, 625x433
Considering the fandom has wanted real toys for years, and with the soon coming revival, I'm still bffled they haven't gotten the license for pic related.
>>
>>5643108
because it's been a dead franchise since the late 90s? Because the licensing rights for each movie make putting out DVDs a total mess? Because the reboot is infested with SJWs and Michael Nelson has gone full /pol/tard? Because the joke wore thin?
>>
>>5643108
so why does everyone on thatguywiththeglasses.com love this show? is that what the show is like, unfunny skits of terrible skits by people with no sense of humour?
>>
>>5642822
Reactions one of my favorite currently running action figure lines, eat shit retard.
>>
What is the bigger fart eater?

>reaction toys
>Steven universe

Both massive fart eating going on. To choose a larger quantity of ass gas is hard.
>>
File: Funko-ReAction-Figures.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Funko-ReAction-Figures.jpg
144 KB, 1024x1024
>>5642808
>reaction
just what ive always wanted. a display of characters standing up straight
>>
>>5643253
MST3K is what they think they are and could never hope to be.
>>
>>5643380
both are obscure and unheard of,
>>
>>5642822
this desu
>>
>>5642822
I always felt ReAction lines should at least mirror lines of the decade the movie was from or if from a modern license mimic an older license. They did Arrow like Star Wars toys which made no goddamn sense but if they had looked like Super Powers of Batman 89 toys I would have bought them all. The Predator figures should have been in the Kenner Predator style, the Terminator stuff should have fit in with the 90s Terminator line.
>>
>>5644100
Their Fifth Element figures should have looked like 90s blockbuster toys, so like the Hook or Water World toys. Woulda ate that shit up.
>>
>>5643285
How is he supposed to eat shit when you're gobbling it all up so fast?
>>
>>5642808
Don't think Funko has the rights to do action figures though, when you get the rights they itemize that shit and charge more for every little thing they probably just bought the rights to do pops and trading figures.
>>
If Funko has the license they could just make normal action figures! Which I would like better than stylized in any way. Look what Funko is doing with five nights at fredbones, firefly, fallout, etc.
>>
>>5642822
>muh kenner
>>
>>5646657
>If Funko has the license they could just make normal action figures!
>goes on to list realistic shows and video games with a gritty esthetic

no thank you
>>
>>5643025
They keep going on hiatus because cn doesn't have stamina and blows it's entire load in a week every time instead of spacing out the episodes.
>>
>>5648284
CN also keeps putting Adventure Time and Regular Show on hiatus, and runs only one or two new episodes of Teen Titans Go every few months, keep in mind TTG is its highest performing show and they barely air new eps of that.
>>
>>5648333
Have you ever sat down and counted the number of different shows airing on CN over a week? The lineup is thinner than it has been in years, especially considering half of these shows have a 15-minute time slot instead of the full 30 minutes.
>>
>>5644103
The only one i see eating shit is you, shit eater.
>>
>>5648499
CN is a shallow imitation of what it once was.
>>
>>5648794
Anon, you're talking to a mirror. I'm over here.
>>
>>5648499
Half of the shows? What show gets a 30 minute new episode?
>>
Why people like that tumblr shitshow is beyond me, even more to want toys of a faggot fatfuck and their sexless lesbian whores.

Please fuck off with this shit.
>>
>>5649265
Shut the fuck up, Jin.
>>
>>5648499
How many new shows air on any given channel? Especially scripted shows. Most channels only have a handful. Much less of animation to be sure.

TV is on life support and any channel trying to build its name on animation would similarly be on an uphill battle. These shows seem to run year-round as well. We talk about long hiatuses but the average show has 20 episodes a year or less. And once the season ends it's a long time til the episodes come back.
>>
>>5649827
I think anon meant on the entire lineup, they only run 4 different shows every day until it's time for Adult Swim. Mostly Gumball and TTG with a Clarence and an Uncle Grandpa thrown in. I think in the mornings they run Baby Loony Tunes show.
>>
>>5649294

who in hell is Jin, also farteater and shit taste pleb spotted
>>
File: tumblr_o0pds2oWVj1slzca1o1_1280.png (119 KB, 558x431) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0pds2oWVj1slzca1o1_1280.png
119 KB, 558x431
Steven's Penis
>>
File: 1431473246845.jpg (294 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1431473246845.jpg
294 KB, 582x600
>>5643285
>The person buying ReAction is telling someone else to eat shit
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>5650062
I told you to shut the fuck up, Jin. Your autism won't let you abide.
>>
>>5650236

kek, farteater.

Cheers autismlord.
>>
>>5650507
>>5650236
It's like neither of you are trying very hard, this is the most minimal effort grudge match insult fest I've ever seen.
>>
>>5650596
SHUT UP
IM TRYING TO IMAGINE THEM HAVING HARD HATE SEX
>>
>>5650627
Trolls don't need sex, they reproduce through shitposting.
>>
>>5642808
Get out of here, you filthy SJW piece of shit.
>>
>>5651251

I support this.
>>
>>5642808
Amythest sex doll fucking when?
>>
>>5651251
>>5653652
Drink bleach you filthy /pol/ peice of shit
>>
>>5649265
>sexless lesbian whores.
They fuck a guy in there, so there not sexless.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.