[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this line any good? I am looking for a Batman/Robin for my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 91A5Z8-X7TL._SL1500_.jpg (250 KB, 1500x1160) Image search: [Google]
91A5Z8-X7TL._SL1500_.jpg
250 KB, 1500x1160
Is this line any good? I am looking for a Batman/Robin for my collection.
>>
>>5779713
They're alright
>>
>>5779713
>buying toys
>ever

Anon, you're suppose to be here to look at other people spend their money, not the other way around.
>>
>>5779713
they can barely hold any poses, the articulation is weak but sculpt is pretty spot on.
So if you would like them to look nice in restricted poses then they are for you.
>>
>>5779713
They only look good in their default standing pose. The articulation is butt fuck retarded and is by a company that hates articulation. The New Adventures side got the shit end of the stick when it came to QC and even then anyone that isn't Batman or Joker got zero effort put into their figures regardless.
>>
>>5779713
Depends what you want. If you just want Batman and Robin -- I'm guessing you meant BTAS -- then they're both alright. Robin's pretty good, but Batman's a little disappointing because there's such a high expectation for that iconic design.

The Phantasm two-pack Batman has a better head sculpt, and Phantasm is one of the best figures in the line. It's $30 on sale on Amazon and BBTS, so now might be the best time to buy it. The two-pack only has a batarang and you'll miss out on some of the accessories like his grappling gun, but overall you'd probably like the two-pack more.

If you really loved the show, then go for it. But if you just want a Batman and Robin and don't really care what it's from, there may be better, more articulated options.

I'm more or less all-in on the line (no Creeper and a few others). A few of the figures are a little disappointing (Batman, Harley, Joker), but others are pretty amazing and look perfect (Riddler, Hatter, Croc).
>>
File: catwoman.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
catwoman.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>5780002
>>5780040
This sucks to hear. Recently I've been thinking of getting the Catwoman one. Does anyone own this figure? How is it?
>>
File: review_batmananimated_large.jpg (45 KB, 800x664) Image search: [Google]
review_batmananimated_large.jpg
45 KB, 800x664
>>5780275

Here's a review by Michael Crawford, although his review is a bit skewed seeing as how his Catwoman broke right out of the box.

>>http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_121514a.htm
>>
File: catwomanfigure.png (226 KB, 399x415) Image search: [Google]
catwomanfigure.png
226 KB, 399x415
>>5780286
Thanks for the review. I've heard they've made changes to some of the earlier figures and Catwoman is one of them (like fixing some of the joint problems and also slightly changing the leg design so the front thigh pegs are no longer visible). I wish I could find a review comparing the older version with the newer one, but so far I haven't found one.
>>
>>5779713
BTAS Batman is the least enjoyable figure in my entire collection. It feels clunky and really fucking old in your hands, and is awful for posing in any way. The BTAS Robin is decent-to-good and completely outclasses Batman, so right there I would say fuck this line.
>>
>>5779713
Japanese figures have spoiled me, BTAS is in my top 3 cartoons(next to Beast Wars and Gargoyles), so I'd love to have a perfect toyline for it, but these things are just mediocre.
>>
>>5780579
exactly how I feel, got my first figuarts and never looked back made my western figures feel so weak
>>
>>5780579
>>5780626

These are the kinds of people you never want to associate with, OP. They're basement dwelling weebs and are beyond horrible.
>>
>>5780075
>look perfect (Riddler,

Good to hear as that's the only one I got my eye on.
>>
>>5780709
Great sculpt, great accessories (unlike, say, Joker), and decent articulation. If he had wrist hinges like almost everyone else then he'd be perfect.

Mad Hatter is another great one.
>>
Any one got the batmobile?
>>
File: 20160113_151428.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160113_151428.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>5781202

I don't have the release in the OP, but I bought the original one for a cousin and got the chance to mess around with it. It's pretty much everything you would expect it to be: a toy car with electronics. I got it on sale, but I would say anything over $100 is too much.
>>
>>5780275
my catwoman snapped instantly, luckily the rest of the line I've purchased has held up. Like mentioned, the articulation is pretty basic but the likeness is perfect, also they have a good amount of accessories each.
>>
I bought Batman and Robin. Now I'm hooked on the line. Help.
>>
Does anyone have updated clay face pics?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.