[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>item listed for way too high price >amateur seller >send
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ebay-logo.jpg (100 KB, 2197x1463) Image search: [Google]
ebay-logo.jpg
100 KB, 2197x1463
>item listed for way too high price
>amateur seller
>send offer based on manda price with link to manda listing
>lolnope
>muh shipping
>muh fees
>>
>"I can get it from this place for less"
>"then get it from that place, why are you bugging me?"
>>
>>5774817
>Muh shipping
>Muh fees
Well, yeah, they aren't wrong.

Seriously, just buy it from mandarake then. Why are you bugging someone else if you know you can get it for less?
>>
>>5774852
This. Are you banned from mandarake for being a cunt? If so, then.. uh.. too fucking bad?
>>
>>5774817
>doesn't want to pay eBay fees because high
>won't pay by Square invoice or money order
You made your bed, poorfag, now lie in it.
>>
>>5775009
>then.. uh..
>>>/leddit/
>>
File: ii8iii.jpg (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ii8iii.jpg
65 KB, 800x600
>>5774817
To hell with your low balling offer. I could care less what other places are selling the same item for. Ebay doesn't have a fucking price match program like Walmart. As an ebay seller; we don't do this shit out of fucking charity. Other than the Fees, Shipping, and product cost; Don't forget PROFIT! (Corporations kill motherfuckers for a profit. Never under estimate its power). To hell with your poorfag begging. I would much rather sit with an item for a year than to lose any money on it. Eventually a Fatcat will come along and buy my overpriced items (it's a convenience premium).
>>
>>5774817
The funny thing most people don't realize is that you're not allowed to jack up your price to "offset" your eBay fees, essentially passing on the cost of the listing fees to the buyer. That's one of the no-no's listed in eBay's policies. All listing fees are the responsibility of the seller. Some sellers who have flat-out said in emails that "Well, the price has to cover my fees" have been assburned by The Bay when buyers complain and show the messages
>>
There's no reason you can't buy it from Manda then, if it really is cheaper
Unless you were banned.

Or the shipping after mandarake and their fee made your comparison bullshit.
>>
>>5777824
>eBay expects sellers to eat a loss

I'll fucking list at whatever price I see fit, if they don't like it, I won't pay my seller fees and they can lick me.
>>
>>5777824
Yeah the Visa/Mastercard policies say the same thing but that doesn't stop gas stations from having separate prices for cash and credit sales.

And Visa/Mastercard aren't anywhere near the faggot eBay is.
>>
>>5777824
Yeah , it's no different than PayPal telling buyers that they don't have to pay a fee but when doing private sales , most seller will ask the buyer to cover fees .
You can list it at whatever you want , but you can't show documentation that you are adding in fees to reflect the total cost.
The best easiest way is to just list it will free shipping at whoever price you decided on.
>>
File: ew332223.jpg (25 KB, 584x329) Image search: [Google]
ew332223.jpg
25 KB, 584x329
>>5777824
HAHAHAHA!!, In what world do you live in? I can sell my items at whatever price suits me best. This a business not a charity drive. In fact, the higher I sell my items for, the bigger the cut ebay gets. Me and Ebay are in this racket together. Pffft!! can't pass the fees to the buyer. I do this everyday at the twice my cost. How else am I suppose to pay my bill and buy new toys?

Also, do you really think that a China made Apple product produced by underage kids is truly worth a months salary?

Welcome to the real world.
>>
Are there alternatives to Ebay when looking for old toys?
>>
>2 sellers in a row mark items as shipped
>no tracking numbers provided by either seller

Seriously, why? Tracking is now a free service for everything, there's no reason not to have added tracking info.

>>5783600
Amazon maybe but pricing over there is really hit or miss. I've seen Amazon sellers asking hundreds for toys that sell on eBay for cheap. Their search function is also not as good so you'll have to sift through lots of irrelevant matches in the process. It's not impossible to find them but... and few sellers upload actual item photos, so enjoy contacting them individually if you want to see the condition before buying. Ultimately I find eBay less hassle since the seller has clear photos up, are usually cheaper, and I get eBay Bucks points.

I guess you can also try eCrater and Etsy, you can sometimes find odds & ends on either site that you can't get elsewhere, but the selections can be thin.
>>
>>5783728
>eCrater
Selection is thin because nobody buys anything there. I pass along 90% of the savings (some gets lost in rounding) from not paying eBay fees but it's still like pulling teeth. People are conditioned to use eBay/PayPal, and nothing else, no matter how much more it costs everybody involved. Every in else is "too hard." But it's not too hard to whine about prices that are higher as a direct result of high eBay/PayPal fees and fraud.
>>
>>5784072
>Selection is thin because nobody buys anything there
>Nobody buys anything there because selection is thin

It's a cycle
>>
>>5784123
Yeah but there was a time when eBay didn't have anything either. There was seriously a time where a busy week saw less than 300 listings under "TransFormers."

As bad as eBay has become for its warped search engine, broken notifications, price-inflating fees, and so on, I don't know why people aren't at least trying alternatives.

I guess the reality is that if you drag your feet for long enough, BBTS will offer whatever you want for half off so why bother.
>>
>>5774874
>Why are you bugging someone else if you know you can get it for less?

This. I think overpricing for things on eBay and Amazon is shitty (and think it's funny when they decline my offer which isn't a lowball cheapass offer only to continually relist it for the same price for up to a year sometimes), but they're under no obligation to sell you something at a price that you want just because it's cheaper somewhere else.
>>
>>5778041
>In what world do you live in?

He's right though, just because you haven't been burned yet doesn't mean it wasn't in the agreement with eBay or PayPal.

This is like saying that because you haven't been caught speeding yet that speeding tickets don't exist and people who talk about it are delusional.
>>
>>5783728
>I've seen Amazon sellers asking hundreds for toys that sell on eBay for cheap.

They will also say something is in stock and then cancel your order because they don't actually have it in stock anymore because it's an old listing.

I ran into this buying MSIA on Amazon, so it wasn't like some super expensive item they tried to dick me out of and then relist at a higher price. It was about the normal secondary market price.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.