[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Displays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: MC2008.jpg (341 KB, 1114x840) Image search: [Google]
MC2008.jpg
341 KB, 1114x840
So I recently got drunk and ordered a shit load of Tamashii Effects parts (Blue Flame, Red Flame, KO Purple Flame, Clear Wave, Blue Wave, Grey Explosion, Grey Crater, Brown Crater, Yellow Thunder, Blue Thunder, Yellow Aura, and Blue Aura).

That being said, I recently looked at my collection and realized it was WAY too much of a clusterfuck to even accommodate all those effects parts. I'm looking to store probably half of my collection in boxes and just rotate displays.

My question is how much is a good amount to avoid the clusterfuck look? I have a bunch of Tamashii stands and risers, as well as the red explosion, Can of Beams stuff, and a Red Flame...but I just kind of stuff it in the my displays.

How can I make this shit look good? Is there like a formula?

Pic sort of related. Not mine, but mine's just as much of a clusterfuck.
>>
I've been meaning to say this one for a while.

>buying just accessories ever
gay
>>
>>5769799
post yours so that we can have a good idea of exactly what you're working with
>>
The trick is to have space around each individual figure. It doesn't need a ton of space, just enough that from like, 15 feet away, you can tell that it's a shelf of some number of individual objects, not just a wall of plastic like in the OP pic.
>>
OP, that is an incredible setup. If you have an imgur album I would love to see it.
>>
>>5769799
If you want shit lookin nice and classy, get some detolfs and light them well. Keep a minimum of like 5 figures in each one and put a few of them on acrylic risers. Make sure what you're displaying is posed well also, look at reference photos.
>>
>>5770643
you must not have read the full op comment...
>>
The problem with the op pic is that they're all transformers. Way back when all I collected was transformers I could never get a display to look good. It didn't matter how well or how far apart I posed each figure, problem is once you get at least 5 or more tfs on the same shelf, it starts to look like a cluster fuck.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is if transformers is your problem, pack a bit up and only display a few at a time. If you have other figs just came up with a good pose and keep a good inch or so between your figs.
>>
>>5770711
Yeah, because of the transforming gimmick, most Transformers don't really look good as display pieces.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.