[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone own something from 3A and can vouch for their quality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1467200472386.jpg (242 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1467200472386.jpg
242 KB, 960x540
Anyone own something from 3A and can vouch for their quality? Specifically Tomorrow Kings stuff.
>>
>>5764611
Earlier 3A releases, especially from 2011 and 2012, are great. Newer releases are hit and miss, even moreso on TKs.

I've heard horror stories about TKs with the switch to the more thinner bodies, but I haven't had too many problems aside from loose joints.

3A's Customer Service is also hit or miss nowadays, though.
>>
File: oyaloper1.jpg (82 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
oyaloper1.jpg
82 KB, 536x800
>>5764611
They have some problems sometimes, but the majority of their products are quite nice. I have around 25-30 ThreeA figures now and I'm pleased with them all. So long as you don't play rough, they're very playable toys and I don't feel the same paranoia as say, a Hot Toys when I mess with them. Most of them pose very well too. The Tomorrow King bodies had some issues with loose joints for a while, but I think they fixed that by now.

Basically, I think you'll be pleased. Go for it.
>>
>>5764618
All but one of my TKs are on the new thinner bodies. Aside from one loose knee, they're fine. They pose just like the old TrueTypes, and haven't proved to be particularly problematic in any way. At least in my experience.
>>
Cool, thanks.

>>5764619

Hot Toys is pretty much all I collect up to this point, and other then occasionally posing them, they just sit in a detolf. If TK's are more durable, that's even better.
>>
I've got a few old WWR/WWRP figures. They were pretty cool and really good quality. I was never interested in the human figures though.
>>
File: baka-tk-3.jpg (92 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
baka-tk-3.jpg
92 KB, 600x857
>>5764643
Heck yeah man. My TKs are actually some of the most solid figures I own, I've been posing em regularly for years with no signs of being worse for the wear. In fact, the only place I could MAYBE see them breaking is the wrist joints. They're not overly fragile or anything, but they might snap if you accidentally bend them in the wrong direction or something. Look under the gloves and make sure it's facing right before bending it. And ThreeA gives you two spare wrist joints anyhow. Aside from the wrists, I'd pretty much be ok with dropping my TKs on the floor and be confident that nothing will seriously break.

*of course, this may vary if you buy one with particularly fragile parts, like poseable fingers or small fiddly bits, but you get the point I'm trying to make. They're pretty tough.
>>
I want the Seven Bones set, but tracking them down is going to be a bitch. I'll probably pay through the nose too.
>>
>>5764658
It's been a while since I checked, but last I looked only Wasabi was really demanding high prices. The rest were pretty middling, only a little above aftermarket. Granted though, I haven't seen a Queeny for sale in a while.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.