[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we decided if Funko can sell terrible figures, so can we again.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17
File: SPAWN_REBIRTH_CT__scaled_600.jpg (381 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
SPAWN_REBIRTH_CT__scaled_600.jpg
381 KB, 600x900
So we decided if Funko can sell terrible figures, so can we again.
>>
Where's the articulation?

I'll buy it regardless, because i do not have a decent Spawn figure that isn't from the 90s.
>>
>>5762833
They're gonna be articulated, but will probably just be useless cut joints
>>
i love mcfarlane and would buy their non-articulated shit again if it were possible.

they were always completely unique with amazing paint apps.
>>
File: Superspawn.jpg (50 KB, 505x506) Image search: [Google]
Superspawn.jpg
50 KB, 505x506
>>5762837
I've seen the Revoltech-style joints from the Halo and Walking Dead line on the Titanfall figures, but i really do hope they stick it more than just cut joints... or random revoltech-type ball hinges

Also, it seems like McFarlane has the license to make McStatues of Spider-Man and Superman.
He has a video here where he's dropping not so subtle hints.

http://mcfarlane.com/news/spawn-toys-are-back-and-an-exclusive-first-look/
>>
>>5762831
Easy pass. Way to make more shelf warmers Todd. I can't believe this idiot calls joint cuts articulation. I hope this line bombs terribly and maybe then he will finally get with the times.
>>
File: noble team warthog.jpg (99 KB, 844x600) Image search: [Google]
noble team warthog.jpg
99 KB, 844x600
>>5762855
McFarlane was before the current year back in the early aughties.
Then he was with the current year in the early 2010s.

He experiments a lot, which is why he's been a major influence in the toy industry and fan favourite since he started his toy company.
>>
File: mcfarlane is crazy random.jpg (137 KB, 795x682) Image search: [Google]
mcfarlane is crazy random.jpg
137 KB, 795x682
>>5762865
>McFarlane was ahead the current year back in the early aughties.
bleh, fixing myself

If McFarlane makes McStatues like this, with their random as fuck but super poseability , again, i would not mind.
>>
>>5762831
This was the last great spawn figure they made, before doing nearly solely statue shit.
>>
File: image10th_spawn_photo_06_dp.jpg (77 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
image10th_spawn_photo_06_dp.jpg
77 KB, 600x900
>>5763467
and of course I forgot the image.
>>
>>5762831

Poor McF. Trying so hard to stay relevant.
>>
>>5762831
>it's not a statue, we;ll add articulation, we swear

Clearly didn't happen.

And yay, it looks like 100% of the surface area will be painted because casting the thing in the black base color is too hard. Enjoy your paint chipping.
>>
>>5762844
>McFarlane has the license to make McStatues of Spider-Man and Superman.

I thought he and Marvel were on eternally bad terms? They've hated each other since he left them, plus Marvel getting Angela was Neil's big middle finger to Todd, giving her to a company he hated.
>>
>>5762855
You can't believe someone calls articulation articulation?
>>
>>5763519
it's the effort, man
it's like calling a pizza a pie
>>
>>5763591
Can't call articulation articulation, can't call pie pie

Bizarre
>>
>>5763602
If theres a swivel here and there, it's not articulated. It's a statue with swivels and cannot be freely posed.
>>
>>5763750
>If theres a swivel here and there, it's not articulated. It's a statue with swivels and cannot be freely posed.

Years ago, this was the norm for articulation.

Its still articulation, no matter how you slice it. It just isn't up to today's standards, no. But it is still articulation.
>>
File: mlb mcfarlane.jpg (48 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
mlb mcfarlane.jpg
48 KB, 600x900
>>5763754
swivels like these in the hip are surprising great and makes for a very poseable figure
>>
>>5763750
>If theres a swivel here and there, it's not articulated

Yes, it is articulated. Do you not know what words mean?
>>
>>5763476
It's great if you like the original suit. If you like the 2nd suit you're stuck with either the common Spawn III with big folding cape, or the super rare Spawn 3 club exclusive, which is the same body with a rubber cape and new head.
>>
>>5763763
that looks fucking terrible. Joints can be better designed than that and still incorporated smoothly. Sometimes I think Todd does ugly joints just so he can justify making statues instead.
>>
>>5763763
Are there any figures with shoulders that can move around the torso like that but don't look like shit?

It'd probably be great on a figure with real clothing.
>>
File: dante revoltech.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dante revoltech.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
>>5763798
yeah, the knees look awful, but it's pretty well articulated nonetheless.
Here's another example of how good cut hips can be.
>>
>>5762865

how does this change the fact that everyone's been waiting for articulated Spawn figures but this company was stupid enough to come back with statues for Spawn???
>>
>>5764123
I owned that figure. It was a SMOKING BALL OF SHIT. All the swivel joints were god awful and the elbow joints had a tendency to get tuck and snap.

He also had derp face and a dumpy torso. inb4 subjectanon shits up the thread with
>"b-b-buh it's animuh accurate!"

Because it fucking isn't.
>>
>>5764123
Yeah, I have zero problems with double cut hips. They actually give really nice range if done right, and don't break up the sculpt in passive stances. They're not the ideal hip joint, as there are some things they just can't do, but they're pretty darn good and I'm sorta puzzled as to why more companies don't use em, especially for figures where the sculpt of the hip area looks bad when broken up by ball or swivel hinge joints.
>>
File: Michonne-001.jpg (187 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
Michonne-001.jpg
187 KB, 683x1024
>>5764281
but they already made articulated Spawn figures. In the 90s, they were actually above the average and then there's this fellow >>5763476
Sucks if you never got that awesomeness.

>>5764327
manga accurate and that figure was one of the very first Japanese toys that wasn't statueshit. It also was ahead of its time and as this guy said, >>5764349 , it's articulation is very well done.

>I'm sorta puzzled as to why more companies don't use em
It probably has to do with the general reaction people in this thread have given: they're ignorant and will talk shit about things they've never touched.
They think all cut hips are shit, so the companies will just stick in ball hinges of various types there or just say fuck it and give it a T-hip.

It's a little worrisome that McFarlane is still saying that their figures will feature about 20PoA, yet all images are just of statueshit, except for the very few prototypes they actually show.
This is supposed to be released next week or the week after that.
>>
>>5764327
>>5764349
>>5764493
I thought cut swivel hips were shit, until I got Revoltech Yotsuba. They're actually quite effective
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
>>5762865
Damn it, I'm still missing Noble Six and Emile for my Noble team
Is a pity that they never released the Falcon and the Banshee
>>
>>5764493
I knew in February he wasnt actually intending on delivering real articulation the way he just glossed over the subject with his usual shit about authentic detailing.
>>
>>5763499
Thats a proto, so its 100% painted
>>
>>5764493
>one of the very first Japanese toys that wasn't statueshit
>Revoltech Dante

Monev the Gale predated it by 5 years and had way more articulation
>>
>>5763476
That fig has stumbled over my shelf so many times, im surprised it hasn't broken yet. The cross gets crooked and warped after a while.
>>
>>5766430
>Monev the Gale predated it by 5 years
Shit, it was really five years between Revoltech and Monev?
Fuck, that's a long stream of statueshit and mcstatues until we got more Japanese figures that were poseable.... hence "one of the very first"
>>
>>5763506
He did contribute to that Hero Initiative thing, where he drew Spider-Man for the first time in like a decade.
>>
>>5763781
>>5763602
>>5763519
It's /toy/ so we all have sympathy, but turn down the autism two clicks. In the context of modern action figures, "articulation" clearly implies a degree of poseability, of which this - ahem - "figure" has minimal.
>>
File: onimusha mcfarlane.jpg (129 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
onimusha mcfarlane.jpg
129 KB, 1024x768
>>5766781
>ignorant kid
no need to pretend you're superior when you clearly don't know shit.
Here's something on par with Yamaguchi's retarded posing with the Revoltech line.

There were at least a dozen years when McFarlane was on even terms or better than most of toylines of its time in terms of poseability.
>>
>>5766798
>Here's something on par with Yamaguchi's retarded posing with the Revoltech line.
it doesnt come close tho
>>
>>5766798
And does the Spawn Rebirth figure appear to have a comparable articulation scheme to that figure?
>>
File: titanfall statueshit.jpg (51 KB, 634x361) Image search: [Google]
titanfall statueshit.jpg
51 KB, 634x361
>>5767773
We don't know, because they've only been showing the statueshit painted prototypes.
It's only with the unpainted chinese tests where we've seen actual articulation.

So given that they're from the same series, it should have the same type of articulation.

>>5767157
No shit, because only Yamaguchi can come up with full retard poses with his horrible joint placements.
>>
>>5768063
>No shit, because only Yamaguchi can come up with full retard poses with his horrible joint placements.

looks like dynamic poses arent for you.

Maybe you SHOULD stick with Mcfarlane's statueshit?
>>
File: revoltech captain america.jpg (70 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
revoltech captain america.jpg
70 KB, 600x473
>>5768129
I tend to stick to figures that look like they should, so yes.
Enjoy your bizarrely jointed, weirdly proportioned Yamaguchi sculpts, and his lust in recreating his favorite gay ballets with popular characters
>>
>>5768138
>I'm too autistic to properly pose my figures so that means everyone else is gay
>>
>>5768063
no, that's final, it's officialy being solocited as it is shown and the final mold is made by now. He's still subtlely trying to mislead the people hoping for articulation by writing prototype in the corner.

Nobody produces a bunch of statuetueshit prototypes and then changes the sculpts over to full articulation. He was plannimg on getting away with this the whole time.
>>
>>5768063
That wrist joint is the only real articulation on that mold.

Why do you think he was only showing off how the gun came out of the holster as if it was something amazing?
>>
File: musclemen.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
musclemen.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>>5768147
It's like you don't notice how Yamaguchi clearly loves ballet

>>5768154
Dude, i just posted a picture from the line clearly showing a joint that's he's been using since the Halo line.
>>
>>5768182
its the only joint in the whole figure and it was the cheapest place to put it. He actually thinks that will count as something to justify his misleading statements.
>>
>>5768169
is it the only one though?
That's the thing.
We know that he loves hiding shit everywhere, so what else is there?
>>
>>5768190
That isnt exactly hidden articulation. Its obviusly not a preposed statue like the thing he was holding.
>>
File: color tops fear.png (323 KB, 433x809) Image search: [Google]
color tops fear.png
323 KB, 433x809
>>5768189
and yet, he's been saying they'll have around 15 points of articulation on average

So... will something be super duper articulated to make up for the fact one figure won't have anything liek you're claiming?
I'd like to see a little more proof rather than "i can't see it, thus it doesn't exist" since McFarlane has only been showing mostly the 3d sculpts rather than the actual chinese molded production/prototype figures.
>>
>>5768212
the arm on the Titanfall figure he showed from the actual mold is clearly melded to torso with no elbow joint. He wouldnt demonstrate any articulation on it, but he showed a gun coming out of a holster. These are deluxe statues.
>>
>>5768138
>>5768182
Oh boy it's Subjectanon on his one-man crusade against figures with more than dollar-store level articulation.

Go back to chopping off your dick.
>>
>>5762831
W-where's the action?
>>
>>5762898

What's going on here
>>
File: viking age bloodaxe.jpg (794 KB, 800x764) Image search: [Google]
viking age bloodaxe.jpg
794 KB, 800x764
>>5771063
inner shoulder ball-hinge joint hinged to outer ball hinged joint, hidden under a large fuzzy shoulder armor.
note the lack of articulation elsewhere.

So you get a crazy amount of poseability from one limb or area, and then nothing in other places.
Which isn't to say that that shoulder is the only articulated place, because he has swivels and ball-hinges elsewhere, but again, only where it's able to be hidden.
It's actually better than that Metal Gear Revoltech soldier.
>>
File: Spawn3.jpg (113 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Spawn3.jpg
113 KB, 768x1024
>>5763783
Yup, this guy. Have him sitting on my shelf with my 2 other spawn figs.

I hold out hope that one day McF will get his shit back together and put out cool toys and not statue shit anymore.
>>
>>5766798
I had this guy!

Then his bow broke, and I was depressed.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.