[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me to open this rather than sell it on eBay.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: review_maxx_2.jpg (40 KB, 400x614) Image search: [Google]
review_maxx_2.jpg
40 KB, 400x614
Convince me to open this rather than sell it on eBay.
>>
>>5762566
Trash it.
>>
>>5762566
werent these toys really good despite their extremely shitty distribution?
>>
>>5762571
The only one I heard who had any issues with it was TJ Omega.
>>
>>5762566
The only thing I want to convince you of is the power of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, the Shepherd of lambs, who forgives op faggots such as yourself that create stupid MIB bait response threads. Of course you need to open it, you fagnoid.
>>
>>5762571
They're okay. I have Maxx, Scud, and Katchoo. The first two are pretty flimsy.
>>
>>5762608
>open it
>not sell it for the $100+ it goes for

It's a toy of some forgotten MTV cartoon that made no sense and people only noticed it because they confused it with The Mask.

>MIB crying

YOU TEARS. OP could do better with $150 than keeping a chunk of plastic that actually has legit breakage issues with the neck joint. If it weren't for the value what I said in >>5762567
would be the only choice. If OP really wanted a toy of the character he could sell that and buy the McFarlane figure for much less.
>>
>>5762618
>forgotten MTV cartoon that made no sense and people only noticed it because they confused it with The Mask.

>legit breakage issues with the neck joint

Insane statements
>>
>>5762623
And when was the last time anyone actually gave a fuck about Maxx? Shocker's whole lineup was Literally Who? characters that had cheap toy rights because there was no demand.

I stand by that statement- if not for getting confused with The Mask I'd never have heard of it. At least Mask had a great cartoon that wasn't made on drugs.
>>
>>5762628
I take that back- The Mask cartoon probably WAS written while on some sort of substances, but it still made coherent sense. Maxx was just bullshit that went nowhere.
>>
>>5762618
Why would OP have it if he didn't have some sort of attachment to the character? It came from a shitball company with no future, he couldn't possibly have had the foresight at the time of its initial availability to see how much it would be worth on the aftermarket. It's a lightning in a bottle surge in price, like the Mezco Mars Attacks figures.

And if he didn't buy it directly from Shocker, then he paid aftermarket prices, which shows even MORE dedication to the character. So why would he downgrade from a well articulated version of the character to a mid-90s glorified statue that used shitty glue to hold together the hair piece and had literal holes in its head?

Or he's just scalper shit who bought it for a song knowing it normally goes for high dollars, in which case this is a bait thread and op is indeed a faggot that needs the love and forgiveness of Our God and the true blessing of the world, Jesus motherfucking Christ.
>>
>>5762636
>Why would OP have it if he didn't have some sort of attachment to the character?

Yard sale or thrift store find? You're assuming a fuckload about someone you don't know.

And stop with the fictional sky man shit, it's making you look retarded even before you ranted about "muh not opening packages".
>>
>>5762636
>And if he didn't buy it directly from Shocker, then he paid aftermarket prices

Or from a Toys R Us or Hastings. I saw tons of these when they came out.
>>
>>5762639
>You're assuming a fuckload about someone you don't know
You don't know my God, the Holy Spirit, the Light of Bethlehem, and yet you call him fictional. Maybe you need to brush up on Matthew 7:1-3 and learn a thing or two about judgement, fagazoid.
>>
>>5762656
>spouts bible shit
>insults people and acts like a douchebag

typical Godboy, can't even abide by your own commandments, because even you know it's garbage. You're probably married but cheated on your wife, you probably smoke and drink, and if hell were real you'd be going there.

Fuck your fake sky man.
>>
>>5762660
Sounds like you got a chip on your shoulder regarding the christian religion, Abdul. We're just here to talk about figures because it's something we enjoy, and Ecclesiastes 3:13 makes it pretty clear that doing the things you love is God's ultimate plan. So literally un-dildo your asshole and bask in Christ's love while chatting about toys, fagzilla.
>>
>>5762636
>It came from a shitball company with no future

Come on, that's the first flag that means something is gonna be scalped and sold at 500% mark up in the future.
>>
>>5762618
>>5762628
>>5762630
The Maxx is a top-tier cartoon. My favorite, actually.

Though you're free to not like it, of course.
>>
>>5762674
>I'm an asshole, yo de yo yo de yo yo de yo
>I'm an asshole
>(he's a huge fucking asshole)
> A SS HO LE A SS HO LE

You're not a real Christian, you're an asshole.

>Abdul.

Ah, you're Jin Saotome. That explains why you're an asshole. I'm an atheist, like Stephen Hawking. People with brains reject fairy tales.
>>
/co/ fuck off.
>>
File: sam keith maxx.jpg (73 KB, 580x425) Image search: [Google]
sam keith maxx.jpg
73 KB, 580x425
Oh geez, why are there so many casuals on this board?

OP, if you don't care about the comic, sell it.
If you do care about the comic or cartoon, keep it. It's pretty simple.

If you sell it now, and you care about the cartoon or comic, you'll regret selling it.
Plus, if there ever comes a time you need money, you can sell it in the future, because i doubt anyone will make another figure.
>>
>>5762576
>TJ Omega
Which is also conveniently an explanation of the issue.
>>
>>5762618
>forgotten cartoon

It was a comic series first and foremost you ungrateful bag of crotch puke.
>>
>>5762781
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>5762810
>because i doubt anyone will make another figure
>tfw mezco makes one for One:12 with mixed material wrapped shoes
>>
>>5762618
>It's a toy of some forgotten MTV cartoon
I can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded or not
>>
File: 9-10-2012 10;44;43 PM.jpg (83 KB, 400x364) Image search: [Google]
9-10-2012 10;44;43 PM.jpg
83 KB, 400x364
>>5762973
okay okay he was that one guy in Sonic. jeez
>>
>>5763224
>muh forgotten cartoon is still a big deal

and I thought Jem fans were fucking deluded.
>>
OP probably took one look at this thread and sold the thing, because keeping it would mean being on the level of the shitposters here. Bad fandoms tend to ruin enjoyment of franchises way too easily.
>>
>>5764095
Everyone here represents a bad fandom. Everyone. Every last franchise has massive amounts of shitposters, it's how /toy/ and 4chan operates. Not trying to excuse it, but let's just be real here.
>>
>>5764087
>I don't know shit about shit so everyone else is wrong

Yep, sure is delusional
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.