[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Play Arts Why Cammy.jpg (50 KB, 374x500) Image search: [Google]
Play Arts Why Cammy.jpg
50 KB, 374x500
So there's a comic shop in my town that mostly deals in comics themselves, but also sells anime, manga, movies and a few collectibles. Most of the stuff is fairly "eh" (though the prices aren't half bad for a speciality shop) but one of the things they have is the limited edition white leotard version of the Cammy PAK, for a rather reasonable £35. Is she worth it? Are there any problems with that particular figure (outside of the peanut knees which personally don't bother me, provided they're functionally/structurally sound)? If it is good I'd rather get it there as the owners are total bros and I like to support local businesses.

TLDR; Limited Edition Cammy PAK for £35 in local store, is figure good and is that good price?
>>
File: 8265849220_92f9808297.jpg (107 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
8265849220_92f9808297.jpg
107 KB, 375x500
You like peanut knees?
>>
It's not a bad Cammy if you get lucky with pak's qc. Mine came with her butt squished (had to heat with a hair dryer to try and get it back in shape) and missing paint on her pigtails.

Chun Li from the same series is notorious for broken arms. Not sure if Cammys are affected as well. Mine works ...

The one that's well made is Sakura. Great qc all around and no peanut knees.

I wish they got round to Juri. Instead we got fucking Ibuki.
>>
>>5761504
Yeesh, that is pretty bad. I mean I'm an articulationfag, and I don't mind slightly sacrificed sculpt if it means better poseability (within reason obviously) but Jesus. There must have been a better way of doing it...

>>5761532
OK, thanks for the info. A shame about Chun-Li as she's one of my favourite designs (I'll admit my only real experience with Street Fighter is the anime movie, though I do plan on playing some of the retro games via emulator). Glad to hear Sakura is good though as I do like her design. If I see her for a sensible price I might buy her.

Incidentally, what does Cammy usually go for on the aftermarket?

I wish SE would redo/reissue their older PAKs now they've sorted most of their QC woes. Shame they still insist on selling them for stupid prices.
>>
>>5761504
Hahaha, that fucking KNEE!!!
>>
I've had terrible experience with Play Arts (not Kai) of arms being broken out of box, very fragile joints (Advent Children Cloud) and joints that become super fucking tight.

Are the Kai worse? I just want to get Bushido Batman
>>
Are their any Juri action figures at all? I've seen two statues.
>>
>>5761504
I never understood the concept of making a highly articulated figure look bad when the joints are in use and look good when they're not. Why not the other way around?
>>
>>5761385
isn't 35 really cheap for a PAK?
>>
>>5761385
It is okay...broke when i took it out of the package
>>
>>5761504
They also did Sakura, and the knees look better than that
>>
What shop?
>>
>>5766903
Oh, it's a local independent store, not a chain.
>>
>>5761385

go for it faget. just dont bent the knees
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.