[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The only Doomguy figure we'll ever get is probably a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13
File: 7lnlAND.jpg (462 KB, 1318x1257) Image search: [Google]
7lnlAND.jpg
462 KB, 1318x1257
>The only Doomguy figure we'll ever get is probably a Funko Legacy due to association with Bethesda.

So honestly, if we ever do get one it'll be crap -- but fucking when?
>>
Wasn't 3A doing one?

Or has that fallen by the wayside/wishful thinking?
>>
>>5752827
You could almost say it's doomed to fail
>>
>>5752827
The Bethesda website had a Doomguy statue you could buy for $400 dollars. They discontinued them. I wish someone would give classic Doomguy a proper figure.
>>
>>5753154
Neca is the most likely possibility, but a helmeted character like Doomguy would be fucking gorgeous in Figuarts.

Honestly though i think revo wouldn't do the suit proper justice, their armoured figures always have jarring looking joints.
>>
>>5753300
The joints would be kinda weird looking on a Revoltech, and Figuarts would be my first choice, but I do think that the ridiculous levels of dynamism Revos tend to have would work well with Doomguy, especially if they then released Demons. That combined with the easy (and often intentional) disassembly of Revos means that you could potentially have one hell of a display of Doomguy in a storm of violence, surrounded by Demons, one of whom he's in the process of tearing apart with a chainsaw.

In an ideal world, all three companies would release both versions of Doomguy + Demons. NECA for affordability and the Demons that don't need much poseability (Cacodemon, Lost Souls, and to some extent the Mancubus), Figuarts for the premium finish and Revoltech for sheer fun factor.
>>
can't you just get a haloguy to be new doomguy
>>
>>5752847

> can't do a good Halo Spartan

> Doomguy is basically the same thing

Don't trust them.
>>
>>5752827
nobody wants this halo doom guy.
>>
For those that have played Doom 4, how long is it? I was in a shop today and the collectors edition with the revenant statue was only £55, that's like the price of a brand new game on it's own usually.
>>
File: retarded on purpose.jpg (247 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
retarded on purpose.jpg
247 KB, 1224x1445
>>5753784
>>5753947
>actually logical suit that works with the atmosphere of mars, helmet is that of quake 3 doom guy helmet.
>immediately looks like master cheif

when did baiting get so easy to spot?
>>
>>5754154

Roughly like 13 hours
>>
>>5754153
>I will contribute in this thread
>by stating the obvious and further fueling an off topic shitfest
Where do you think you are, special ed class where everyone asks how you feel and give you cookies for forming a sentence?

Anyways, Funko Pop seems to have some variants of space marines and a Doom 4 style cyberdemon. They could have at least tried to make them look like the in-game collectible figures but they just had to force their retarded proportions with visible eyeballs.

Say even if we do get an actual figure, it will either be shit or expensive or both.
>>
File: 1358214590248.jpg (83 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1358214590248.jpg
83 KB, 900x1350
>>
File: scifi-29.jpg (29 KB, 476x650) Image search: [Google]
scifi-29.jpg
29 KB, 476x650
Potential Doomguy just waiting to be customized.
>>
>>5754209
That's not too bad, wonder why it's so cheap.
>>
>>5754397

Idk the game is usually still around full price everywhere other than the PC version in the Steam sale going on right now which has it for a REALLY good price (like $35 I think). The game itself has sold really well as far as I know, I bet the collectors edition has just been shelfwarming. A lot of them do.
>>
What will it take for a Classic Doomguy figure to be made?
>>
>>5754434
An HD remake.
>>
I'd buy a Doomguy figure but not of that design.
>>
I'm looking forward to seeing 3A's Doomguy figure. I just hope I live to see it.
>>
>>5753947
hello "doom guy is master chief" anon. how are you this fine day?
>>
>>5753493
>I do think that the ridiculous levels of dynamism Revos tend to have would work well with Doomguy, especially if they then released Demons. That combined with the easy (and often intentional) disassembly of Revos means that you could potentially have one hell of a display of Doomguy in a storm of violence, surrounded by Demons, one of whom he's in the process of tearing apart with a chainsaw.

Anon, why arent you running these companies?

if you did, you'd have my money by now. All of it.
>>
>>5755436
Thanks man. I'd love to be a toy designer in all honesty.

If I did have my own company and we had the Doom license:
>The figures would have their own universal jointing system ala Revoltech, enabling easy disassembly and good articulation (though the joints themselves would probably be more similar to Figuarts joints, just with universal 3mm or whatever pegs).
>Each figure would come with gore/blood spray effects (like the Revoltech Beast Mode Eva 02) which would have the same sockets as the actual figure parts, meaning you could, for example, remove the Imp's arm and replace it with a fountain of blood.
>There would be two price points: "Army-Builder" which would be similar in price to NECA stuff, and have less articulation/accessories but be more affordable as a result, and "Premium" which would be at the high-end price level but have far higher parts count, articulation etc. That way you could theoretically buy loads of more basic, affordable Imps for a huge display, whilst still having the option of a more articulated, albeit more expensive Imp available if you wanted a few high-end figures over lots of less expensive ones. >Both price points would have cross-compatible joints.
>Some characters would only be available in one price-point- for example, there'd be no point having an ultra articulated Cacodemon as it's basically just a head.
>Replacement joint packs and extra effect packs would be available.
>Each figure would come with a "fun" accessory- so for example, Demons based off the classic Doom games would come with a little printed cardboard stand-up thing of their classic sprites from the games for added amusement, whilst the '16 Doom Demons would come with teeny tiny versions of the "Marineguy" toys you can collect in the game.
>Perhaps if the line did well, "model kit" versions of the figures would be available- essentially the same as the standard figures but unassembled and unpainted, for people that are into that kind of thing.
>>
Goddamnit now I'm mad that that doesn't exist lol
>>
>>5755423
you mean crash?
>>
File: scifi.jpg (288 KB, 478x680) Image search: [Google]
scifi.jpg
288 KB, 478x680
>>5754284
Sci Fi is already doom guy, why bother customizing?
>>
>>5753947
>master chief is a ripoff of Doomguy
>he l-looks like masterchief huuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
killyourself
>>
Did the 3A figure get cancelled? They announced that info was coming soon then...nothing.
>>
>>5756016

To bad Sci-fi is like the chillest of all the joes
>>
>>5759286

They're just slow and shitty at communicating, I don't think they've ever canceled anything after a formal announcement
>>
>>5752827
That is NOT Doomguy. Fuck these new-age costume designing assholes. Not EVERYTHING needs to look like an iron man suit. Fuck.
>>
>>5761625
>BAWWW MUH ORIGINAL DESIGN

You guys are like GEEWUNers. Fuck, I love classic Doom but I love new Doom too. They're both good designs and they both deserver figures. Fuck off with this shit.

[nospoilerson/toy/]Also they're the same guy anyway. He just upgraded his suit of armour.[/stillnospoilers]
>>
>>5761625
>iron man suit
you could have at least use halo as an example, this bait is so retarded it came out the other end and got me to reply, good job I guess
>>
>>5754713
I do to anon, i do to.
>>
File: WHart-01.jpg (72 KB, 702x476) Image search: [Google]
WHart-01.jpg
72 KB, 702x476
>>5761638
I think he has a point though, because it is following the trend of making things look like iron man.
Too much samefag.

>>5761956
halo armor is bulkier, with a cloth bodysuit peaking through. NuDoomguy seems to be wearing complete armor everywhere like IM.

Doomguy should have gone on Space Marine, since his original look is basically WH40k grunt.
>>
>>5762141
>I think he has a point though, because it is following the trend of making things look like iron man.

Except he doesn't have a point, because it doesn't look anything like Iron Man. Iron Man suits are made to look sleek, like a humanoid sports car, comprised of numerous plates and panels forming an articulated shell around the user's body.

If you look closely at the OP's image, the Doomguy suit is clearly composed of multiple materials layered upon one another. The material on the inside of his elbows, for example, looks more like leather, and clearly couldn't be metal because otherwise his arms wouldn't be able to move.

Really, the Halo comparisons are far more accurate, since their suits are armor parts worn over flexible bodysuits, which is what the new Doom armor appears to be, but even then I don't think it's entirely fair to say they're copying Halo when the armor honestly does look somewhat like the original Doomguy sprite, just with more detailed and with more body coverage.
>>
Am I the only one that's reminded more of Samus than anything?
>>
>>5762325
same.
its the visor shape. quite samus-ey
>>
File: Hypervelocity-IM-21.jpg (215 KB, 1056x1785) Image search: [Google]
Hypervelocity-IM-21.jpg
215 KB, 1056x1785
>>5762205
*cough*

And the Doomsuit isn't layered like the Halo suits. Halo suit's have the armor sticking out from the obvious cloth bodysuit. Doomsuit has the armor sticking a few centimeters away from the shiny glossy black armor bits. It's no different from pic.
>>
>>5754201
>helmet is that of quake 3 doom guy helmet.
Ehhhh.
>>
>>5762828
Different anon, but I think you are wrong. Doomguy's armor looks like armor stitched into a leather outfit, not a full suit of power armor.
I wouldn't call it halo like either, however, all three aesthetics are different, if however minor.
>>
>>5762325
That roundness is very Samus.
>>
>>5762878
>Doomguy's armor looks like armor stitched into a leather outfit
this is actually true.
In the multiplayer, all the marines can change the leather underneath the armor. They come in Marine, Bounty Hunter, and Demon designs
>>
Who cares what it superficially resembles if you squint, it's a good design and the game is great.
>>
>>5762902
Also Utilitarian and Templar.
>>
I'm not familiar with 3A's history or track record on successful toys. Are they a decent toy company or can we expect the 1/6th doomguy figure to be shit?
>>
>>5762911
this is true
>>
>>5763170
i dont want to commit to a 600 dollar giant doll of Doomguy, which may or may not suck

cant we just have a normal action figure? not everything has to be Hot Toys
>>
File: titanium man.jpg (64 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
titanium man.jpg
64 KB, 800x533
>>5762878
>>5762902
regardless that it poorly represents leather, the thickness of the plate and leather is almost negligible and is form fitting armor like you see on Iron Man designs.
Just stick it in the rest of the Armor War armors and no one would question its from IM.
>>
>>5756016
>doomguy
>clearly posted a picture of the marathon security man
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.