[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Storm Collectibles: Street Fighter V - Ryu 1/12 Action Figure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: FIGURE-019987_12.jpg (74 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-019987_12.jpg
74 KB, 800x533
GET UP! GET HYPE!
Price: 7,320 yen
Release Date: October 2016
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-019987
>>
>>5752773
>7000 samurai bucks
WTF? Does Storm Collectibles have anything against the poor Japs
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SCB10014&mode=retail
>>
>>5752777
Probably revenge for all their overpriced Japanese imports.
>>
hes on hlj but they don't have any discounts on him...
http://hlj.com/product/nau09058
>>
File: RyuParryHigh.gif (11 KB, 120x106) Image search: [Google]
RyuParryHigh.gif
11 KB, 120x106
Hopefully this figure is able to do his parry pose.
>>
Does anybody know how much of the base SFV roster Storm Collectibles is planning on making into figures?
>>
>>5752777
Western figures always cost way more on AmiAmi.

>>5753275
They showed off Bison. Think that's about it so far. No mention of how deep they want to go into the roster.
>>
Looks fine. Just want to know if he has an ab crunch?
>>
>>5753296
Looks like a true ball with the cut mark made at the sternum level. If it had a Legends-style ab crunch it would be useless under the overlay, like the SOTA figures. It will probably have good axial movement for deeper poses where the body needs to tilt rather than hunch.
>>
Chun Li when?
>>
Why the fuck is he 7" tall? what the fuck kind of 1/12th scale is this?
>>
>>5753432
Hes just a big guy
>>
Looks very nice, actually. If they put out a Zangief, Birdie, or Alex, it's a Day 1 Preorder for me. I'll think about getting Ryu, but I need to think about it considering it's $55 for a character I don't main even if he is the face of the series.
>>
>>5753440
FOR U
>>
>>5753432
It's silly to call him 1/12th scale but I don't mind. With NECA Dante, Chris, Truforce Megaman etc plus a bunch of Marvel Selects I have a ~1/10th scale MVC display going on. Hopefully they stayed true to the scale though, it'll be silly if we're getting small Zangief or more importantly Necalli that's the size of Ryu.

Also, how are Storm collectibles on making qt waifus? I haven't been paying attention a lot to this company
>>
File: him smile.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
him smile.gif
2 MB, 500x280
>>5753295
>Bison

Yes, please. More Dictator!
>>
>>5753413
This. I've been waiting for a good 1/12 Chun Li
Hopefully the line doesn't die off before her and Cammy
>>
looks similar in quality to the neca ryu, which only cost 17 bucks
>>
>>
>>5752773
That's a lot of yen
>>
GUYS!!! HLJ HAS THIS FOR 8K!!! THEY MUST BE SCALPING IT!!!

RRRRRREEEEEEEE!!!!!
>>
>>5753701
This has way waaaaay better engineering than the NECA ryu, will inevitably have higher build quality, and more accessories.
>>
File: ryus compared.jpg (255 KB, 1218x874) Image search: [Google]
ryus compared.jpg
255 KB, 1218x874
>>5753701
Not really. Plus they already showed it has better articulation easy.
>>
This figure looks okay and I thought I would really want it, but that fucking terrible hadouken effect and the terrible alt faces are making it hard for me
>>
>>5753295
Storm Collectibles is asian, not western.
Same overpriced shit as Hot Toys and other non-japanese asian collector companies.
>>
>>5754912
>Storm Collectibles is asian
Wong! It's middle-eastern!
>>
>>5754080
Nice.
>>
I've never played a Street Fighter game in my life (though I did watch the anime movie and it was awesome) but I want this. It looks great.

Chun-Li and Cammy when?
>>
>>5755113
Are there two Storm Collectibles?
www.stormco.com.hk/pages/about-us
Design, Produce & Distribute Storm Collectibles is a Hong Kong based company and has established in 2007, as a one-stop-source to action figures
>>
>>5754197
Left looks like one Jin's shitty Capcom customs.
>>
His poses look really stiff
>>
>>5758771
Full torso rubber overlays will do that.
>>
>>5752793

The day I can get a 5 or 6 or 7 inch figure that actually looks like SF3's Ryu sprite will be the day I fork over whatever money they ask for
>>
File: migbats_6.jpg (23 KB, 400x603) Image search: [Google]
migbats_6.jpg
23 KB, 400x603
>>5759251
If DC Collectibles got the license, it'd happen.
>>
Waifus W H E N?
>>
File: juri sfv.jpg (489 KB, 1600x1036) Image search: [Google]
juri sfv.jpg
489 KB, 1600x1036
>>5753413
and juri when?
>>
>>5759994

I think they do great with Western comic book characters but I don't think they'd work for Street Fighter. Somehow everyone who's made toys for Street Fighter think they all have to be super veiny and textured, faces filled with lines, even though not everyone is Zangief.

The closest it came to being good for me was when SOTA redid their Ryu and it came in this bulky box. Didn't like the body that much, but liked the head sculpt.
>>
File: lil batmen.jpg (1 MB, 2448x1624) Image search: [Google]
lil batmen.jpg
1 MB, 2448x1624
>>5760675
DCC has done a variety of styles extremely well though.
REalistic, comic booky, stylized noir-ish looking art, and this chibi.
And they don't seem to be against hiring eastern sculptors either, since they've been doing those anime looking statueshit girls.
>>
>>5760706

if it ever happens, don't worry, I'm the happiest guy to be proven wrong and hand them my cash IMMEDIATELY.

Those anime statue redesigns by Shunya Yamashita are more so Kotobukiya paying for the DC license by the way.

Those Batman chibi ones do look good, it's from a series of cover by that Nguyen guy right?
>>
File: figma robocop.png (3 MB, 988x939) Image search: [Google]
figma robocop.png
3 MB, 988x939
>>5760718
indeed it is.

I really don't see DCC failing at getting the style down, since they'll hire outside of their company to make it happen.

Why other companies usually fail is because they only use in house artists to do it and that can lead to some really bad results.
>>
>>5760724

That's not DCC hiring outside sculptors. That's non DCC companies getting the license from Warner Bros. I actually worked for WB licensing in Asia, got to see a few Hot Toys application/contracts before they were announced.
>>
File: ratchet and clank.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ratchet and clank.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>5760875
?
It's being released under the DCC line, so they're obviously working together.

Again, there's a huge variety of stuff that they've made and in so many styles. Even if they contracting outside their company, isn't that a good thing anyway?
Again, they don't seem to have any trouble putting whoever they need to get a product out properly. It's far better than what other toy companies do.
>>
>>5760886

Side tangent: Kotobukiya sells those independently of DCC for territories outside of the US. DCC brings them in for the American market. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing. Just thought it'd be fun thing to share.

My friend imports toys and statues into SE Asia through Hong Kong and I worked with WB for their licensing rights between Burbank and one territory in SE Asia. There were some funny things that went on.
>>
>>5760998
>Side tangent:
Who sells DCC stuff overseas? Just curious, since i doubt DCC/DC/WB does it themselves.

> There were some funny things that went on.
like what?
>>
>>5761008

The same way non superhero foreign toys get brought into stateside. They get import orders from shops who are interested.

Funny thing was that there is a very strict rule on how licensees can't make products that compete with a previous or loyal licensee, like if Hasbro makes The Dark Knight figures, no one else can do it for a specified time period during Hasbro's intended run of the figure, and how long they expect it to hang around the aisles (let's say 10 months). Exceeeeept if there are "exceptional licensees" like Hot Toys, who would garner attention and free marketing for the IP/movie just by simply the product being shown. This means WB would act all hard-up and strict, but when the company is good enough, they make an exception.

WB also got Mortal Kombat under their license but found out the hard way that license only can be sold in the US. The only time anyone's ever bought a Mortal Kombat license is because of that game with DC characters in it, and that's because it is a loophole for companies who want to make DC stuff but all the categories are taken up, they can say "Oh I'm making Mortal Kombat vs DC".

Years before the social justice movement started, I sat in a call where some people literally said "A Wonder Woman movie won't sell" despite us showing them that she is a ridiculously popular character among licensees, for random shit like bras and even baby socks. Even her Barbie sales numbers were shockingly high despite them not looking anything like the character, just as long as it's got her logo on it. We're not even feminists, we were just saying, "hey... this is literally where the money is at" and they still insisted, "No, women superheroes don't sell"
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.