[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh shit, who hyped for micronauts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 600x374
Oh shit, who hyped for micronauts?
>>
File: new_17_b.jpg (234 KB, 1900x1259) Image search: [Google]
new_17_b.jpg
234 KB, 1900x1259
Looks like shit, just like most nostalgiashit.

Hasbro has a bomb in their hands.
>>
File: 1466147182904.png (1 MB, 645x887) Image search: [Google]
1466147182904.png
1 MB, 645x887
>>5747518
>not even remotely articulated
>>
>>5747514
I appreciate the true classic nature of the figures, but this is just for SDCC, right? Like, they're gonna update them and shit for the mainline?
>>
>>5747518
>>5747549
Wow, who knew this board had such shit fucking taste, and no respect for toy history.
>>5747615
Yeah, hopefully the updates will be out by the end of the year, but realistically sometime in 2017.
>>
>>5747634
>and no respect for toy history.

99% of this hell hole hates anything more than 5 years old.
>>
>>5747615
That art is gorgeous
>>
>>5747518
These have nothing to do at all with Micronauts/Microman, why are they here?
>>5747514
Cautiously hopeful. Depends entirely on whether Hasbro makes them articulated with 'real world' scale items like the originals or if they just try to shoehorn this line into the M.A.S.K. size class of figures they've been doing for every movie these days.
>>
File: microman01.jpg (39 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
microman01.jpg
39 KB, 600x450
>>5747671
>These have nothing to do at all with Micronauts/Microman, why are they here?
Because it's another line that bombed because it only catered to nostalgiafags.

>>5747634
respecting ≠ liking
Show something that isn't crap.
Even Takara did that with their microman line, if poorly done with shit plastic.
>>
>>5747735
I'm not going to say that I don't expect Hasbro to fuck up the line, but I think that you're assuming that they can't help BUT fuck it up.

I'm hoping they go full Scifi Borrowers with the concept and keep to the two core parts of Microman/Micronauts: crazy amounts of articulation and 1/1(or approximate) household items with hidden modes.
>>
>>5747671
Normally i fucking hate the mask scale, but here i think it could work, because they could then be lifesized toys.
>Depends entirely on whether Hasbro makes them articulated with 'real world' scale items like the originals
What?
>>
>>5747748
>but I think that you're assuming that they can't help BUT fuck it up.
wat?
That's a ton of projecting dewd.

All I'm saying is that i want to see some modernization, instead of just a retread of outdated toys.
>>
>>5747757
>typically 20 POA on a 4 inch figure
>outdated
Anon................
>>
>>5747749
Sorry, seems I got my memory screwed up, the 1/1 scale transforming items were later on, but it's still been a pretty heavy part of the line.
>>5747757
You've said that you expect the line to bomb despite the fact we've seen nothing of the actual line. SDCC exclusives are purely there to make nostalgic, geeky fans wet their panties and fork over 10-50 bucks more than they should have to(because smaller production runs, etc)
>>
>>5747764

I'm talking about Hasbro not using the old figures and doing something modern.
I'm not talking about Takara's horrible plastic 00 remake.
>>
>>5747776
>horrible plastic
I'd have to guess you got the imports, some of which had notoriously bad clear plastic including some busted in package. The Japan releases are generally fine, I've got a ton of them with only a few breakages.
>>
File: 26card.jpg (112 KB, 393x585) Image search: [Google]
26card.jpg
112 KB, 393x585
>>5747773
>You've said that you expect the line to bomb despite the fact we've seen nothing of the actual line.
I was referring to the SDCC figures.

Hasbro has done excellent job on retreading old properties and modernizing them while using older bodies. This makes this re-release worse. Lazy. Cheap.
>>
>>5747514
I need a Pharoid.
>>
>>5747514
Aren't these just reissues (or at least the same molds) of the vintage toys?

>>5747518
See above. I think these are just an SDCC exclusive and not an example of what Hasbro has planned for the modern line...

I mean, Pharoid is even sporting the unaltered Takara mold. It still says "MICROMAN COMMAND" in katakana.
>>
>>5747784
Frankly anon, I'd rather they jerk off nostalgiafags than try to push their shitty excuse for vinyl like they're doing for the Visionaries exclusive.
>>
>>5747518
How do you fuck up outer space men so badly?
>>
>>5747919
>Frankly anon, I'd rather they jerk off nostalgiafags than try to push their shitty excuse for vinyl like they're doing for the Visionaries exclusive.
I'd rather they not make nostalgiafagonlyshit or hipstershit and produce something better.

>>5747794
>I think these are just an SDCC exclusive and not an example of what Hasbro has planned for the modern line...
no shit.
>>
File: Rom.jpg (15 KB, 236x470) Image search: [Google]
Rom.jpg
15 KB, 236x470
>>5747514
Any chance of a ROM SpaceKnight line?
>>
>>5748580
Given that both properties are getting some new form of fiction in the coming years, you'll get your wish. Until then, stop being such a baby about this shit. It's not for you, waaaaaaah.
>>
>>5747615
Yeah they are literal re-releases of the old toys with fantastic box art. That's it. There's a new toyline for kids coming out soon with all new designs and shit.
>>
File: hasbro-revolution-idw-184399.jpg (650 KB, 900x691) Image search: [Google]
hasbro-revolution-idw-184399.jpg
650 KB, 900x691
>>5748596
Have I got news for you.
>>
>>5748729
What a clusterfuck. I can't believe IDW is still duping you idiots.
>>
>>5748729
Huh, I thought ROM was owned by Marvel.

Kind of like how we're cucked from getting Death's Head in Transformers because he appeared in Marvel UK first.
>>
This is what Hasbro should've done to start with. Instead they assumed everyone wanted Jem and tried to hype that, only finding the fanbase is cancerous SJWs and that the movie tanked. This is just sloppy seconds, and that's sad, because it proves Hasbro has no clue.
>>
>>5749771
The problem was that the movie was alienating old fans and not attracting any new ones. SJWs aren't responsible for all the shit in the world, those attempting to market to them aren't either.
>>
>>5749771
Most people into JEM aren't even SJWs, just women in their 30s who watched it when they were a child.

And the movie rightfully tanked because it was not only garbage, but it wasn't like JEM at all.
>>
>>5749771
>Instead they assumed everyone wanted Jem and tried to hype that, only finding the fanbase is cancerous SJWs and that the movie tanked

Are you retarded?

The movie tanked because it was garbage, didnt get any advertising, had no storyline, didnt even remotely resemble the 80's cartoon except for little nods here and there, it pulled youtube clips that talked about the original Jem cartoon, and for some reason thought that EVERYONE would be stupid enough to think it was produced JUST for this film... It had nothing to do with SJWs you fucking twat. Nothing. It had to do with a director that had no idea what he was doing, and a writer who had no idea what Jem was other than their names and they played music maybe.

The only thing do correct was the TURBOPANIC after credit scene that tried to save the entire movie by introducing the Misfits in the last 15 seconds of film.

Holy fuck are you a god damn idiot.
>>
File: 51ET27FWSSL.jpg (38 KB, 425x500) Image search: [Google]
51ET27FWSSL.jpg
38 KB, 425x500
Friends, I know nothing about micronauts

Can anyone tell me if this line of micronauts is worth getting? I heard they were super fragile but wanted to ask someone who actually has owned it
>>
File: casshern microman.jpg (14 KB, 500x403) Image search: [Google]
casshern microman.jpg
14 KB, 500x403
>>5750638
speaking as someone who always trash talks the Microman revive line and as someone who had all his clear plastic microman break........

Also, their try at licensed figures was mostly shit.
Yes, they literally drew on armored panels with a gundam marker instead of sculpting it in.
>>
>>5750006
The thought of Justin Bieber vs Ke$ha is interesting though.
>>
>>5750638

Some are pretty good but yeah, they haven't stood the test of time. Look for the 1999-2000 line.
>>
>>5750829
>Look for the 1999-2000 line
you mean look at them as an example of micromen not aging well or were you recommending them?

If I do decide to get one of those kaiju suit micromen are there any seperate sturdier micromen I can use as a backup/substitute?
>>
>>5752842
Rubber-suits are a little too thick to actually pose from what I've heard.
>>
>>5753353
Yeah, I've heard the same I just like the novelty of it though
>>
>>5747615
Let's hope that Hasbro doesn't embarrass themselves and have the vintage figures more articulated then then new ones
>>
>>5747735
The outer spacemen line was only available in limited quantities it wasn't meant to make a big profit. It did its job and finally released wave 2.
>>
>>5748596
Yes Hasbro confirmed ROM is gettings a big reboot lets hope it good and doesn't bomb
>>
>>5748596
Yes, Hasbro is pushing ROM. IDW is already doing comics and he's confirmed for 'Hasbro Cinematic Universe'.

Unlike the likes of GI Joe or Transformers, though, I think a good deal of ROM's original story is material owned by Marvel and is unavailable for use?
>>
>>5752842

I really liked the Acroyears and vehicles from that line. It'd be nice to get something like that from the U.S. line.
>>
File: endeavor.JPG?d=a1.jpg (51 KB, 486x648) Image search: [Google]
endeavor.JPG?d=a1.jpg
51 KB, 486x648
>>5747615
i've never been interested in Microman other than Microman Endeavor. But if they made a toy of that art, i'd buy it
>>
>>5747647
>>5748719
>>5755441
there's actually more of it! search "David Dorman micronauts"
>>
>>5755447
Why isn't this guy working on the comic
>>
>>5755441
I have this guy. Great design, but sadly the QC is such that a lot of the ball joints just pop off.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.