[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keeping Toys Standing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
hey /toy/ I need some advice
I collect vinyl designer toys and like to display them on my shelves.
But a lot of them are oddly proportioned and prone to falling over at the slightest bump, one of them even stands on functional roller skates. And some I just cant get to stand on their own at all.

So my question is, what can I do to keep my figures standing? I don't want to glue them to anything obviously, but maybe sticky tack some kind of custom bases? Sorry if theres some sort of obvious solution I'm just not thinking of.
Thanks in advance.
>>
Take a heatgun or a hairdryer and go at the feet, the place them on the flat surface you want, then take a fan and cool them down again.
>>
>>5720499
beyond damaging shit you'll probably pay hundreds of dollars for, I'd suggest blutac or poster adhesive strips

they even make the former in little circles, or you can cut out whatever shape is called for yourself.
>>
>>5720502
Only casuals think that'll cause long term damage.
>>
>>5720499
This is the worst advice I've heard.
>>
>>5720540
Maybe if you're an idiot? I wouldn't use a heatgun, but a blow dryer isn't going to do anything bad
>>
>>5720549
What do you think happens when paint gets stuck on another surface?

Seriously, I'm genuinely curious. Do you think people avoid humidity in their collections for no reason as well?
>>
>>5720560
Blow dryers don't magically turn paint into a sticky liquid. Man you're dumb
>>
>>5720569
>turn paint into a sticky liquid
Good thing that's never been said, huh?

But yeah pal, go leave some figures in heat and see what happens when the plastic/paint gets stuck on another part, and you decide to take it off.
Or even worse, you decide to fucking melt the plastic a bit because you're an idiot and won't use something like blu-tac.
>>
>>5720502
>>5720540
>>5720579
https://youtu.be/YUZdVncokgg?t=2m40s
>>
File: 1-1.jpg (61 KB, 1600x711) Image search: [Google]
1-1.jpg
61 KB, 1600x711
OP here, thanks for the advice
I was also wondering if there was some kind of custom bases or shelving that somehow supports the bases of figures/toys, tho I don't know how it would work. Or maybe magnets?

>>5720502
I'll try these thanks
>>
>>5720645
>11 minutes
Yeah no.
>>
>>5720664
heatgun stuff starts at 2:39
>>
i would try that heatgun technique but pretty much all my designer toys are the hard vinyl type, which i imagine it wouldnt work on

i do have a duplicate blind box one i guess i could experiment on tho
>>
>>5720256
Use a piece of paper/card board to make the stance even?

You could probably get more creative, but it all depends on your display.

I have like a 2 foot Vegeta vinyl that used to constantly randomly fall off my top shelf and i put some cardboard under his feet and now he's sturdy.
>>
Use museum tacky stuff.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.