[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mafex Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 19
File: 9PUMmwo.jpg (402 KB, 1036x1546) Image search: [Google]
9PUMmwo.jpg
402 KB, 1036x1546
Mafex Armoured Batman, Should I pull the trigger on it?

Granted it's not as detailed as HT, but for the price of Mafex it seems daft not to buy it.

How are Mafex, generally speaking? And has anyone else here preorderd it?
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 495x989) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 495x989
Always choose the Batfleck
>>
>>5716968
Is that Mafex????
>>
File: Batman-Superman-Throat-2.jpg (134 KB, 771x771) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Superman-Throat-2.jpg
134 KB, 771x771
>>5716968
That would be sweet as an alternate head sculpt.

The Armoured Batman seems to be lacking accessories, only has a grappling hook advertised in promo.

But I think we will see a kryptonite spear, because the figure was advertised before the actual movie, therefore Mafex couldn't reveal key plot moments.
>>
>>5717105

the damaged helmet and spear come with nightmare batman to make you double dip if you want proper accessories for the armored version

it's fucking bullshit IMO but I wasn't actually interested in the figure in the first place so not bullshit that impacts me
>>
File: GZmTNto.jpg (248 KB, 1440x1426) Image search: [Google]
GZmTNto.jpg
248 KB, 1440x1426
>>5717116
They come with knightmare Batman?

Is that true? I haven't heard about that. Can you link me to something

The only reason I would have got Knightmare Batman, is for the Bruce Wayne head
>>
>>5717123

http://news.toyark.com/2016/06/06/batman-v-superman-mafex-knightmare-batman-gets-new-accessories-206651
>>
>>5717130
What's the reason for giving Knightmare Batman so many accessories?

Do they have a bad projected sales?
>>
>>5717140

Yeah my guess is that once they realized how incidental nightmare batman is to the movie they figured it would sell the worst, whereas they probably figure armored batman will sell the best, so they're shoving the good accessories onto nightmare batman and hoping people buying armored batman will buy it for those.
>>
>>5717140
>Do they have a bad projected sales?

Probably.
Most people won't be buying all three, so they packed the good accessories with what they think will be the weakest seller.
Which is fair enough. Most people will get the normal Batfleck suit and the armored suit. Knightmare be low priority for most.

On a related note, AmiAmi still has the Dark Knight trilogy Batman + Joker available for MSRP, I really doubt these BvS figures are going to sell out.

Also this >>5717144
>>
File: BvS-2.jpg (188 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
BvS-2.jpg
188 KB, 1500x844
>>5717144
>>5717149

It sucks, but I get it's being done from their business point of view.

Although it annoys me that they're giving items to knightmare Batman that he doesn't even use in that scene lol.

Mafex: Tell me, does your wallet bleed?
>>
>>5716950
Would Mezco version be better though? I know nothing about either of them, but Mezco version comes with Kryptonite spear, REAL metal part (rather than diecast) and light up eyes. I'm not shilling for Mezco, I know nothing about either companies, just throwing an open question out there but what caught my eye is that Armored Batman is SDCC exclusive + online preorder by Mezco, so you might miss it hard
>>
File: Batmobile 03_zpssh7nsbeg (1).jpg (222 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Batmobile 03_zpssh7nsbeg (1).jpg
222 KB, 1024x1024
>>5717168
I did consider it, but preordering from Mafex is far simpler.

Besides, I'm saving my money for the Mezco Batmobile, which should scale well with Mafex. I'm really looking forward to the Batmobile, but there isn't currently a date, or what I'm more anxious to hear, price
>>
File: mafex.jpg (94 KB, 751x336) Image search: [Google]
mafex.jpg
94 KB, 751x336
>>5717162
>Mafex: Tell me, does your wallet bleed?

No, because Mafex figures hardly ever sell out or go up in value, and can be found discounted from most retailers.

Still waiting on a Bane from the Dark Knight Rises line.
It baffles me that they sculpted an entirely new Joker but didn't bother to make the main villain from what is arguably most memorable film from the Nolan trilogy.
>>
Is Wonder Woman still coming out? I kind of want Wonder Woman and Superman. I already have the DKR Batman. I rather like Mafex for my DC stuff.
>>
I excitedly preordered some BvS, Star Wars and Suicide Squad Mafex. Then last week I saw their newly released bank robber Joker and the paint apps on his face are shit. Now I've got my finger hovering on the cancel button...
>>
>>5717322
>I rather like Mafex for my DC stuff.

Me too, even though their QC is kind of hit and miss. They're the only jap company making good 1/12 scale DC stuff.

The Bandai Injustice figures were awful.
>>
>>5717336

Other than some minor issues with joints coming apart too easily, in the arms, my Batman and Joker are great.
>>
>>5717245
>the main villain from what is arguably most memorable film from the Nolan trilogy.

Yea I am surprised they haven't made Ras' al Ghul either.
>>
File: memes.jpg (462 KB, 1722x706) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
462 KB, 1722x706
>>5717374
Very funny anon.
>>
>>5717398
TDKR only made that much money because the Joker was in it.

Oh wait...
>>
>>5717374
>most memorable film from the Nolan trilogy

Being memorable doesn't count for much when the thing you're remembered for is being bad.
>>
>>5717245

> Most memorable
> Le Meme Big Guy
> Memorable

Top KeK, no one but /tv/ autists care.
>>
>>5717245

Why do I need to care if they go up in value? If anything this is good for me. Also the sculpts are pretty good.
>>
File: derp.jpg (63 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
63 KB, 600x599
>>5717414
He was locked up in Arkham asylum by the end of The Dark Knight.

The Joker would have replaced Scarecrow in the trial scene where they sentence rich people to death/exile.

The Dark Knight Rises was all about Bane.

>>5717445
Looks like we got a hothead who can't handle the truth :^)

>>5717447
>Why do I need to care if they go up in value?
You don't, but usually when a figure is good, it's not available to buy over a year after it was released at non-scalped prices.
>If anything this is good for me.
Yes, but the fact that they're still available to buy is pretty indicative of the quality of the figures, which so far have been pretty bad in terms of QC.
Google 'Mafex Batman' and you'll read endless threads of people complaining about broken arms/shoulders, loose knees and floppy toe articulation.

>Also the sculpts are pretty good.
Top fucking kek m8. See pic related.

If you want more keks take a look at the Andrew Garfield amazing spiderman headsculpt.
>>
>>5717123
This is one of the dumbest design in cinematic universe period
>>
>>5717502
>the fact that they're still available to buy is pretty indicative of the quality of the figures

no it's not. that's a leap.

I had the first Mafex batman, he was a great figure, expect for the shoulders popping out all the time. I can't say if they fixed that problem on the newer releases.
>>
>>5717824

Supposedly 2.0 fixed that. I only have 2.0 and don't know what "all the time" constitutes buy the only time the shoulders have popped off is if I try to raise the arms up and out too much, and that's because the shoulder armor gets in the way and leverages them out.
>>
File: 0Ki0vDo.jpg (64 KB, 960x912) Image search: [Google]
0Ki0vDo.jpg
64 KB, 960x912
>>5717793
How so?

I'd understand how you feel if this were Batmans outfit for the entire movie, but it's 2 minute dream sequence.

It's kinda growing on me honestly, I quite like it. And it comes with so many accessories, Joker card gun, side arm pistol, ripped off cowl, regular Bruce Wayne head, Armoured Bat Head and the crown jewel, kryptonite spear.
>>
>>5717906
I'm a total slut for accessories BTW.
>>
>>5717245
>Dark Knight Rises
>arguably most memorable film from the Nolan trilogy.

Are you serious?
I don't even like the Dark Knight that much but the (in a small part) the comic boom and absolutely every DC movie from now until eternity being OMFG SUPER GRIMDARK. WACKY CRAZY VILLAIN. is thanks to Ledger Joker and The Dark Knight. Not that it's a good thing but still....
>>
>>5717906
I think it's a fucking sweet design imo. Best alt Batman I've seen in awhile. Kind of hoping the suit is modded into Fallout 4.
>>
>>5718008
I did say 'arguably'.

Ledger's Joker was very memorable, yes, but the rest of it was incredibly forgettable

>Batman goes to China
>Harvey Dent's scenes
>Maggie fucking Gyllenhal is the 'beautiful girl' Bruce Wayne is supposed to be in love with
>>
File: medi47023_2 (1).jpg (88 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
medi47023_2 (1).jpg
88 KB, 800x800
>>5718013
I'd love that as a mod too.

Also Bat power armour would be pretty sweet
>>
>>5718042
>Ledger's Joker was very memorable

only because Ledger died. Otherwise he looked like a reject from Chu's Jem movie. playing a generic villain. No Joker gas, no Harley, no nothing. He'd have at least been an interesting villain without the shitty clown makeup, in another movie.
>>
File: $_3 (33).jpg (31 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
$_3 (33).jpg
31 KB, 800x800
>>5718068
Ledger was amazing.

Apparently he was a war vet, estabishing Jokers Origins in a more realistic, gritty and dark universe. The Nolan trilogy was the first to take this serious approach, and I was completely invested in the whole politics side of it all, rather that Batman just punching people for two and a half hours.

The movie was great. You can't deny it.
>>
File: banan.png (490 KB, 845x413) Image search: [Google]
banan.png
490 KB, 845x413
>>5718068
>only because Ledger died.

I agree. And I still think TDKR is the more memorable of the three. Memes aside, it's a lot more enjoyable and has much more going for it than TDK, in my opinion.

>>5718108
No one is saying he wasn't great anon, but TDRK is the more memorable.

The only people who seem to give a shit about Ledger's Joker nowadays are normies on Facebook reposting shit like pic related.
>>
>>5718068
>no Harley

Harley was only created for BTAS. There were plenty of memorable Joker stories long before Harley was even a fap drawing in Bruce Tmm's sketchbook. Hell I'd argue Harley doesn't even work for a comic based Joker, who frequently kills his henchmen and avoids having longterm partners.
>>
>>5716968
OH SHIT WTF? Now I'm tempted to get the Armored Batman since this is the main reason I didn't get it/
>>
>>5717245
>Still waiting on a Bane from the Dark Knight Rises line.
I want Bane too, but let's get real, Joker takes the spot in terms of most memorable (both the film and the main villain).
>>
>>5718108
>Apparently he was a war vet
I NEED SOURCE because I've never heard of this.
>>
>>5718147
>Joker takes the spot in terms of most memorable

Only because the 2edgy4me gritty realism Joker was new at the time.

Also, that still doesn't explain why they've left their Dark Knight Rises line unfinished. Were people really clamoring for a bank robber Joker?
>>
>>5718068
>>5718112

>REEEE NORMIES

Let me guess, you got upset because no one cared about Batman in high school/college until TDK, and pretty girls wouldn't listen to you when you tried to explain to them how "ACKSHUALLY, Mark Hamill in BTAS is the true Joker..."
>>
>>5718068
And Nolan's Ra's al Ghul was literally Taken 5's Liam Neeson, and his Scarecrow was closer to the Riddle than the actual Scarecrow, and Bane wasn't a chiroptophobic luchador.
What's the point of your post?

Ledger's Joker was memorable for being edgy and the only actor with passionate acting on a movie full of dry acting.
>>
>>5718175
Woah there Chad, why so triggered?
>>
>>5718157
>>5718108

Its just a fan theory someone online came up with
>>
I can't believe /toy/ has such shit taste to not mention Batman Begins when it was the best of the trilogy.

>>5718157
It's mostly subtext from how he was an expert at using firearms and urban military tactics so he can't possibly not be a veteran or something very similar.
>>
File: bitchassfagsenator.jpg (33 KB, 333x467) Image search: [Google]
bitchassfagsenator.jpg
33 KB, 333x467
>>5716968
LOL
The likeness looks good, but LOL HOLY LOL FUCK LOL, it's like Affleck is in a really bad mood and someone is forcing him to smile.

Also, get the Mezco. The eyes light up.
>>
>>5718197
>Batman Begins when it was the best of the trilogy.

Thanks for the laugh anon. It was a great movie, but it was easily the worst of the three. So forgettable.
>>
>>5718179
>and Bane wasn't a chiroptophobic luchador.

Bane is an expy of Doc Savage, not a luchador. He even has Doc Savage's partners early on. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm just hated him for some reason and made him a silly wrestler. that interpretation just caught on. Nolan Bane is much closer to the character's original intention as a mastermind villain, even if it isn't 100%.
>>
>>5718204
People only remember TDKR for its defects and TDK for Ledger's Joker but both of those movies are weirdly paced, have really bad acting, and are heavy-handed in the delivery of their themes, with the Joker being the biggest offender when he said shit like "Batman=order, me=chaos lmamo".
Begins is just a better movie, even if people forget it because no important villains; though Liam Neeson is the single biggest villain in the series; or the notion that it was going to be a standalone Batman movie.

>>5718218
I thought he hated bats for no reason since Knightfall but I haven't read it in ages.
I do agree that Nolan's Bane was closer to the original version of the character but the few things that were changed just to accomodate the League of Shadows ruined it.
>>
>>5718218
>Nolan Bane is much closer to the character's original intention as a mastermind villain, even if it isn't 100%.
Different anon, and wow I can't believe I found someone else who thinks this. I've read a lot of Bane's earlier stories and this holds true for a huge chunk of it.

>>5718227
>but the few things that were changed just to accomodate the League of Shadows ruined it.
Bane's origins are definitely not tied to the League of Shadows but in the comics, he has allied himself and pulled off schemes on behalf of the League of Assassins, specificaly with hopes of winning Talia over (if I recall this was Bane and Batman's proper rematch in which Batman actually won).
>>
>>5718239
I think of the Nolan hate about it not being true to the character ironically comes from people who probably haven't really experienced much beyond modern comics and BTAS.(see all the MUH HARLEY IS MISSING comments). Nolan Batman is pretty similar to a lot of the 70's/80's/90's comics that, in turn, inspired BTAS. They just interpret things differently. even minor things like Bruce Wayne living in a penthouse in TDK while wayne Manor is rebuilt is a reference to the comics.
>>
File: Mezco Armored Batman.jpg (174 KB, 628x786) Image search: [Google]
Mezco Armored Batman.jpg
174 KB, 628x786
Just look at what those assholes at Mezco did.

Fucking made NOT DIE-CAST but REAL metal or someshit! Light up eyes and a spear too!
They're just fucking stealing my money by making this.

Someone needs to call the police on these fucks.
>>
>>5718402

Holy shit, why did you have to let me know this exists? It's a con exclusive too? Fuck, I don't have the dollars.
>>
>>5718402
Cloth under metal plates seems like a bad idea. When the cloth eventually tears it's gonna be a knightmare to repair.

Remember the Miller Mezco Batman, haven't you heard the horror stories of fabric tearing?
>>
File: One12-Judge-Dredd-Mezco-008.jpg (92 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
One12-Judge-Dredd-Mezco-008.jpg
92 KB, 1200x900
>>5719195
Judge Dredd use magnets to keep the armored pieces in place, so i can see them adding magnets to the not-shitty-diecast metal pieces. One on the armor piece and another inside the clothes.

The shield also has a magnet on it. It's probably the most disappointing piece on the figure though, since i would have liked it to have been made of metal like a badge should be.

>>5719195
>Remember the Miller Mezco Batman, haven't you heard the horror stories of fabric tearing?
I was worried, but mine's fine. Seemed like it was just a "defect" if you can call it that with clothes not sewn right.
>>
>>5717184
The Mezco will most likely be on BBTS and most Japanese sites as well
>>
>>5719233
Magnet plates would we a sweet solution.

Think I'll wait until it comes out and reviews are in. Hope it's not a regional exclusive.
>>
>>5719195
>Fabric Tearing
No it wasn't, the fabric in the arm just slipped up. That is not tearing and was fixable
>>
File: 1464128841212.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1464128841212.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>>5719195
>When the cloth eventually tears it's gonna be a knightmare to repair.
>it's gonna be a knightmare to repair.
>knightmare

I see what you did there you son of bitch.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.