[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
employee toystore stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
any anons work at toy stores? Just started a job at toys """"r"""" us.

share some stories?
>>
>>5716577
I used to. I worked as an overnight stocker, and a black shirt stocker during the holidays a few years back. Wasn't bad except for the pay, and very little forgiveness for learning where the product is. At least at my location. They expected you to be very knowledgeable about products from the get-go. Co-workers were mostly cool. Customers can be a pain-in-the-ass, but that is anywhere that has customer service. Just learn to not let it bother you.
>>
How is this thread not deleted yet?!?!?!?
>>
>>5716577
used to run the "R-zone" back in 06-08.

started as a stocker, went up to cashier, got sent to video games, and then started running the section. The launch of the Wii was fucking crazy and every Wii shipment made the place a madhouse through all of 2007.

Managed to get every single Marvel Legend in the last few Toy Biz series.
>>
>>5716794
What happened? Had enough or did you get fired?
>>
I used to work at KB Toys.

Every night we counted the video games and compared the numbers to sales to prevent theft. I knew more about games than anyone else in the store so I basically ended up in charge of keeping then organized and sorted and such.

One night during the counting, I found an empty box behind the other titles. Later I found an empty game boy box.

Basically, someone knew we just counted the boxes. Eventually it was found that one of the assistant manager has been stealing, so she got fired.

I then got promoted to assistant manager.
>>
>>5717127

More stories, the hot wheels collectors were all assholes so we would always tell them we didn't have any unopened cases even of we did.
>>
>>5717127

Pokemon cards were a commonly stolen item. We would find opened packs constantly stuffed in the stuffed animal display in the back, usually with the foil/single rare card stolen.

I didn't care about that stuff so I worked out Wth my boss to let me hand pick out pack sized batches from the cards at normal cost rather than loss them out. I have so many Pikachu cards...
>>
I've been at one for about 9 months, nothing interesting happens it's just a retail job

Only get 10% discount as well
>>
>>5717127

Over the course of working there we moved stores within the mall. It was pretty fun, basically, everyone would come in, we'd load shit on these cards, roll them through the mall to the new location. It sounds borings but it was a fun change of pace.
>>
>>5717143
Idk ive sold a lot of monster high and mlp to neckbeards...
>>
>>5716823
Graduated college and moved on. It was a fun job but nothing you want to spend more than a few years doing.
>>
>>5717132
As a current Toys R Us employee I can tell you Hot Wheel collectors haven't changed at all.
>>
>>5716577
Used to fuck newbies in the backroom for the two years that I was an AssMan, they thought it would be a quick way up the pay ladder. I thought it would be a good time for my dick.
Guess who was right?
>>
>>5719789
The wwe figures are on isle 5.
>>
>>5719795
k
>>
I was thinking of working here on weekends but it just seems so dead. Not worth the extra change.
>>
Former LEGO store employee here. Excellent job, lots of fun. There were some stories though.

One thing that comes to mind:
Some fucking kid vomited INTO the Duplo bin. That was a travesty - cleaning it was gross, basically just threw everything out and wiped down the whole area.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.