[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 1453437340850.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453437340850.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
What is your life like if you collect toys as an adult? This isn't a shitpost even tho it sounds like one. I'm honestly just wondering
>>
I won't speak for everyone but it's a pretty normal life. You eat, sleep, work ,pay bills, fuck and just add toy collecting to the list.
>>
File: P2270180.jpg (702 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
P2270180.jpg
702 KB, 1920x1920
After I began collecting, I started growing tentacles and my eyes fell off.
I need to inject melted plastic into my veins daily or else I will die.

I guess the only other major change I noticed is that instead of spending as much money eating out I rather save that money to buy one or two good figures every now and then.
>>
File: 1395138094309.jpg (84 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1395138094309.jpg
84 KB, 960x720
>>5712932
If you're beta/autistic it's a life of misery and shame.

If you're a normal person it's just like any other life, with added space management and less money.
>>
>>5712934
>>5712941

This and this. Beautifully said you two.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 427x640
I'm a 20 year old friendless virgin. However, the toys aren't what's holding me back. I use them as an escape because I like being surrounded with shit I like when I'm in my own home. I'm scared that a girl would be repulsed by them though. I'm so lonely that I've started having dreams about girls giving me their numbers and going out with friends that I don't have. It's sad. Please send advice or help.
>>
A well made toy is a marvel of engineering and makes for a great display piece. Not to mention, I love having physical representations of characters I love. It's the same idea to me as wanting to own a statue, or any other 3D merchandise like if a sports fan bought a football used in a game.
>>
>>5712934

>Fuck

So not my life, then.
>>
>>5712976
Hello me
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Currently living with my GF out of state while she finishes up grad school. I'm having troubles finding a job out here, but her parents are loaded and don't seem to mind, so neither do I. I'm working on a tabletop game to still feel like I'm being productive some days, and other than that I'm doing all the cleaning and straightening up around our apartment so she can be less stressed juggling class, homework, internship, and volunteer work. To be honest though, since I'm broke almost always now, my toy collecting has slowed nearly to a halt. I get one new thing every month or two, usually, if even that, and I don't mind. Still have stuff displayed throughout the apartment though.
>>
>>5712992
Oh they do mind anon, they just won't tell it straight to your face. Better start bringing home some bacon.
>>
>>5712976

Asking or help on a website like 4chan is kinda dangerous, because there are lots of neurotic people on here man. If you really feel that miserable you should consider seeking a therapist. Self-care isn't selfish and if you can't stand your own company, it's very unlikely anyone else will.
>>
>>5712983

Same. I've even considered making some in my spare time. There's just something about them that's just so damn... nice. I can't describe my enjoyment for them in words.
>>
File: IMG_1505.jpg (466 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1505.jpg
466 KB, 1600x1200
>>5712934
This. Extremely this. Also i fit toy photos in that list too. My days off i usually go outside and take photos and after work play games.
>>
Normal, OP but my house has figures in my room.
The girls I bring they look at them and they say something and that is all, then we proceed with whatever.
My friends well they like them depending on the character
But I'm no autist though I don't make a big deal out of it but I ain't ashamed of it and if your confident about something everything is easier
>>
>>5712932
My life would be shit either way.
>>
>>5712932
This: >>5712934 >>5712941
But I haven't fugged since graduating college 4 years ago. Which coincidentally was when I started collecting toys as an adult.
>>
>>5712932
>What is your life like if you collect toys as an adult?

It means I have a job and I'm able to afford "luxuries" like toys on top of various essentials such as rental and car payments.

I went through a patch where I lost my job and became a NEET for an embarrassingly long time. During that period, I slowly but surely stopped collecting.

Then I got back on my feet and I'm backtracking through stuff I missed out, despite the Latecomers Tax.
>>
>>5714800

In 2016, collecting toys in the U.S. might just be a good sign that you're employed, manage your own shit, and don't have a serious drug or alcohol habit. That puts you seriously above a lot of people out there.
>>
Pretty good actually, my girlfriend likes them too she sometimes builds gunplas and other kids model kits, my best friend is a collector too (he star wars and me mechs in general) we some times go to hunt for new stuff at swap meets, mom thinks they are interesting, dad hates them but he keeps his opinion, both are fine with it as long as on still on school, my brother and sister are pretty much indifferent with it and I love to see the reaction on other people when they see my room.for the first time.
>>
>>5712932
I don't collect toys as such, if I happen to see something I like then I'll get one, usually not the whole set or anything, just to use as a desk decoration.

Out of my many hobbies, toy collecticting is right at the bottom as so has not effect on my daily life really. Though I imagine most people here collect toys as their main hobby and have very different experiences.
>>
>>5712932
I imagine the same thing for people who collect cars. Not hot wheels, i mean actual cars. for driving, but not really.

I dont look down on it, but then i think about the space and money it takes.
>>
>>5712932
What >>5712941 said
Its just a hobby, but it depends on how you handle it and show it to others.

I am honestly really secretive of my toy collecting because I know that culturally it's more frowned upon than other hobbies, like watching sports or playing video games.

Here's a great example that's pretty spot on, had me in stitches:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyuo7gm-aQ
>>
Eat, shit, fuck and die

Toys are just an alibi
>>
20 year old here. I have friends, I go to college. Toy collecting is a hobby, the same as collecting books or playing video games. Is it a little more "weird" than doing other "normal" hobbies? I guess, but in the end nobody really cares. My friends think it's sorta interesting, but they would never do it themselves. They poke fun at me, and I poke fun at them. It’s just what friends do. My family thinks it’s odd, but once again they don’t really care either as I still have a life and am trying to get a good education. I'm not that secretive about it, I won't go up in your face and shout it at you, but if it comes up in a conversation then I'll talk about it.

So yeah, just a normal life but with toys.
>>
My girlfriend and I build lego together. She enjoys lego and tiny cute garbage enough to understand my amiibo habit.
>>
>>5712932
its not as bad as you think.
its not like it automatically means its all thats in your life.
>>5712934 sums it up pretty nicely. its like a normal life apart from the fact that you have some little (or my case big motherfuckers like hot toys and threeA) around the place as decoration.

People like me seem like just normal people who can interact and have a good time in the real world, then we go home and have comfy battle stations

Also, having these around actually gets the ladies, it sounds funny but its true.
I have a weeb GF and this is basically like going "wanna come back to mine? I have a hottub"

lets not forget it actually gives you motivation to clean and not live in a mess. you godda take care of everything else if you wanna have a fancy glass tower of toys

then there is also how you will teach yourself how to save money and be good with money. spending $600 on a toy is good and all, then you will live with that fact and be careful with everything else around you as you wont just go crazy buying booze or random shit you dont need

im not sure if thats how it is with some people here who have lego/megablocks and G.I.JOE and stuff, but my stuff are 1/6 then a few revoltech and figma girls then all the metal gear stuff (apart from any of the PAK shit) so i haven't got anything to be ashamed of. if someone starts talking to be about me collection toys i dont try the whole "THEY ARE ATICULATED COLLECTABLES" thing, i just take out my phone and show them one of my pictures, people like seeing them.
>TL:DR just like normal nerds,gamers,whaterveryoucallthem there are the people who are okay and normal people in the real world then there are the neckbeards
>>
>>5712932
30, married, full time job, 3 kids. Husband got me into figures and dolls n shit; my brother is a lego nut. Biggest perk is it's always easy to pick out Xmas/birthday gifts.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.