[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 14
File: Atom.jpg (182 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
Atom.jpg
182 KB, 675x1200
DC General: I just made this so I can ask the scale for this Edition

Anyone know what the scale are for the Atom Accessories for the Earth 3 Atom Figure is? I barely give a shit about Earth 3 Atom but I'd love to get my hands on those tiny Ryan Choi and Ray Palmer
>>
Breath goddamn it breath!!!
>>
Anyone got a complete DC Multiverse Justice Buster? Comparison shots with the recent Hulk Buster a plus!
>>
File: 1464408734084.jpg (34 KB, 774x528) Image search: [Google]
1464408734084.jpg
34 KB, 774x528
>Icons delayed AGAIN

seriously what the fuck is the deal here? Mattel has shat out two ML waves and a bunch of WWE shit since the last batch of DC toys. Even when the next icons wave hits it'll probably be even more unposeable garbage than before.

Why does DC take so much time to produce subpar products?
>>
>>5716352
>Mattel has shat out two ML waves

What?
>>
swing and a miss!
>>
>>5716352
>>5716352
you can't rush quality

Mattel shits out two waves faster because those waves are shit.
>>
>>5720742
"Quality"
>>
>>
>>5720690
What the fuck is this
>>
>>5720746
aw man, that's the icons superman isn't it?

The face isn't only terrible, but they did that stupid floating S that doesn't make any sense?

Aw dangit, that line went in the toilet fast.
>>
>>5720765
Yeah, they fucked it all. At least I get to save money for other stuff though
>>
People are too harsh on DC. Marvel legends for example reuse a body like hell and gets praised because different paint work. The pizza mold is the main example of that, I have like every spidey in that mold and I like all of them but still they are reusing it.
People praising the deadpool and it's like the million reuse of the buckycap mold

DC is making good stuff you know, perfect stuff? No but they will get better.
This superman looks kind of bad
? Not at all in my opinion and you know they are hearing the community. They wanted better range at the hips? They alter the hips they look bad-ish yes but they have better range. They need to get the hang of things. And the females figures are great so there's that too.
>>
>>5720829
The range is exactly the same as it was in previous waves.
>>
File: 20160607_235658-1.jpg (658 KB, 2154x2321) Image search: [Google]
20160607_235658-1.jpg
658 KB, 2154x2321
Nah mate it's a lot better
Before the legs would go up but then start to go sideways that doesn't happen with superman, thanks to the retooled hips they go straigh up

Pic related that how far they go without going sideways
>>
>>5720924
Ah, I guess you're right. Still not a terribly large improvement.
>>
>>5720829
>They need to get the hang of things
DC Direct/Collectables has been making figures longer than Hasbro has had the Legends license. 15+ years isn't a long enough time to learn this shit? They can't walk into Target, pick up a Legends figure, see what the competition is doing that is so much better than their figures, and copy it? They have to organically learn from the ground up, in a bubble detached from the rest of the world and its outside influences, how to make good figures?

No. They're just a company that barely cares, and their products reflect that.
>>
>>5720931
Yeah I know the problem is not the legs but the pelvis (I think is the term) they should make it slimmer so the leg gets more play

>>5720932
Hasbro legends before weren't as good as they are now and that applies to every company.
DCC just recently got into this more articulated area so they are testing what works better for them
And let's be honest here Hasbro is not that good, sure the articulation is great and better than Icons and all but Icons has unique sculpts, they don't have samefaces like a lot of legends, accesories are pretty important in the Icons line and just compare it to hasbro that for some reason they gave spidey a ton of hands an alternate head and a pizza but 2099 got nothing same wave same price.
I see the faults in the line I really do I'm not saying they are perfect by any means but there is always room for improvement and I can see they are trying
>>
>>5720746
>>5720749
Oh for christ sake I was going to grab this to go with my shf avengers to fight/display with them but this looks pretty bad. I'd have to see him in person to be 100% sure but it's not looking good. I wish they'd have just done legends sized similarly articulated figures.
>>
>>5720973
>and I can see they are trying
With massive delays, tons of material QC issues that have plagued the company for more than a decade, cutting accessories, putting said cut accessories into packs that cost as much as the figures themselves, bumping the price of said figures by 20% for no discernible reason and still cutting the accessories (i.e. no actual consumer benefit to higher prices), and by purposefully and willfully putting in some of the shittiest articulation layouts you can find in a premium western figure.

They're just a really poorly run company. And they're incredibly inept and bad at their jobs.
>>
>>5720973
Not him, but DCC/DC Direct were losing out on toy engineering way back then, too.

There shouldn't be any reason they are struggling to reinvent the wheel now. They have a huge amount of examples they can look at. Shit, the guys at Fwoosh did better on their amateur toyline than this.

People don't want to give them years to catch up when they've already had years to catch up.
>>
>>5721003
It's a straight 6", so it won't work with many lines at all.
>>
>>5721012
I could have still mixed him with the shf cap or something just fine.
>>
File: Jericho's death.jpg (37 KB, 216x321) Image search: [Google]
Jericho's death.jpg
37 KB, 216x321
>>5720932
You're comparing two different companies with two different objectives in producing toys.

DCC sculpts more accurate figures, with an eye toward the details.
Hasbro is a kids toy company and is pretty cheap about producing them, despite having fantastic sculpts.

DCC is like McFarlane, NECA, and Mezco, where they will sacrifice range of motion for a better looking collector's toy.
Hell, the clear plastic they used before was to ensure the paint had a neutral surface that it would look better on.

Your criticism is like crying that the Teen Titans cartoon isn't as bloody as the Teen Titans comic.
Two different approaches, two different markets.

That said, DCC is still experimenting with the articulation. They've tried out at least a dozen engineering solutions in the past two or three years.
>>
>>5721130
Prior to icons they've been experimenting with figure lines that have had better articulation.

And again, they've had well over a decade to learn from what EVERYONE else in the industry did. They don't have an excuse for being this far behind. Not when amateur manufacturers are doing a better job on their first try.
>>
>>5721130
>DCC is like McFarlane, NECA, and Mezco, where they will sacrifice range of motion for a better looking collector's toy.

They need to take a hint from Figma/SHF/Revoltech and learn articulation and good sculpts can exist without sacrifice.
>>
>>5721130
>Your criticism is like
Don't pull a simile on this shit, because it reveals you to be a dumbfuck asshole that is going to ball up into the fetal position whenever the thing they've grown emotionally attached to is attacked. The criticism is that they know full well what a modern figure should do, their competitors have plenty of examples to show them, and they don't do it. You can't really call it an "experiment" when they start off antiquated in their approach. Experimenting in a competitive industry is about making improvements. The fuck did they hope to improve by cutting thigh swivels?
>>
File: rev stormtrooper.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
rev stormtrooper.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>5721138
>They need to take a hint from Figma/SHF/Revoltech and learn articulation and good sculpts can exist without sacrifice.
>good sculpts
>Figma/SHF/Revoltech
heheheheh, you're such a kidder.

>>5721136
>They don't have an excuse for being this far behind
I think with the Icons line they're trying to come up with bodies that they can reuse. They really couldn't do that with the Arkham series, considering how each figure was sculpted. And there were some things the sculpts didn't ilke about the joints with these lines, so it was always in a constant flux. Same with the B:TAS line.
I assume they're going to do what Hasbro did and just add more joints as the line goes on.

>Not when amateur manufacturers
These companies charge an arm and a leg, and don't always have a good sculpt/paint.
>>
File: Crime2.jpg (27 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Crime2.jpg
27 KB, 600x450
>the "DCC is still experimenting" excuse
Why would they need to experiment with Icons articulation if they already produced a objectively better articulation formula years ago?

Icons is worse than they were doing in 2014. There's no explanation, just excuses.
>>
>>5721141
Cutting thigh swivels, having weaker joints, worse head articulation leading to figures that can't look up... They cut a lot of corners.
>>
>>5720932
>DC Direct/Collectables has been making figures longer than Hasbro has had the Legends license

DC, a comic book company, has been making toys for longer than Hasbro, the largest toy company in the country?

ok
>>
>>5721144
>heheheheh, you're such a kidder
>cherrypicks one example and ignores the 80%+ winner rate of imports
>100% of DC Icons is shit thus far
Son...
>>
>>5721144
>I assume they're going to do what Hasbro did and just add more joints as the line goes on.
They should be here now, that's the point.

>These companies charge an arm and a leg, and don't always have a good sculpt/paint.
And the articulation on those figures isn't why they are expensive.

Notice they use pretty much the same system as marvel legends, and legends are cheaper than icons figures. The point was that first timers know better than DCC.

I mean, I get that I'm talking to subjectanon and you'll never accept that anything you say is wrong though, so this is pointless.
>>
>>5721150
>this lack of reading comprehension
DC Direct existed and was making toys before Hasbro got the Legends license from Toy Biz, yes.
>>
>>5721150
>DC, a comic book company, has been making toys for longer than Hasbro, the largest toy company in the country?
That's not even what they wrote.
>>
File: stormtrooper fanart.jpg (310 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper fanart.jpg
310 KB, 800x600
>>5721152
hahahah! oh anon, you're a crack up! that's an hilarious impression of a fanboy!

>>5721141
But it's true.
Are you really saying DCC DOESN'T focus on sculpts and paint? Because you're either blind or a liar if you claim they don't.
>You can't really call it an "experiment" when they start off antiquated in their approach
Same with this. They've been constantly changing the engineering on their toys. If you hadn't noticed, almost all of their new lines feature less articulation than the later waves from the same line.
They're testing the waters, instead of just blowing their wad in the first go. Almost all companies play it safe (see: Hasbro approach).
>>
Okay everyone, clear out - it's now officially a subjectanon thread.
>>
>>5720973
>And let's be honest here Hasbro is not that good, sure the articulation is great and better than Icons and all but Icons has unique sculpts, they don't have samefaces like a lot of legends, accesories are pretty important in the Icons line and just compare it to hasbro that for some reason they gave spidey a ton of hands an alternate head and a pizza but 2099 got nothing same wave same price.
I don't have an opinion on this matter one way or another. I'm just here to point out how ridiculously long this sentence is.
>>
>>5721144
that stormtrooper is awesome though, it looks stylized as hell! looks like it begins out of a anime or action comic. I think its the best stormtrooper figure out there.
>>
>>5721167
...tch...now you gone and got me angry... i guess its time you learned your place boy *tosses toothpick* time to play patta cake!!! your the cake!!
*power strides to you and smacks you over my knee* youve been a bad boy, poppa smack!
>>
>>5721153
>They should be here now, that's the point.
You're missing the point.
But Hasbro already knows people are willing to pay up that price, because they had years of people paying for those toys and asking for more articulation.
DCC doesn't. Icons is as unproven as the Fury Files was for Hasbro.

>And the articulation on those figures isn't why they are expensive.
You're comparing apples to oranges. DCC still pays licensing fees. DCC has exceptional QC. You're also paying for high quality sculpts and paint.
Whereas the Ninja line, I assume you're using as an example, is completely unproven and doesn't even have a mold yet.
Again, does NECA, 4H, and many other collector companies offer the same articulation as an ML? Nope, because they all have different goals, same as DCC.

>>5721410
> it looks stylized
Indeed it is, just like most of those companys' other licensed figures.
>>
>>5722096
>DCC
>exceptional QC
>>
File: DCCgcbat-11.jpg (422 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
DCCgcbat-11.jpg
422 KB, 1024x682
>>5722105
>watch youtube people yank the joints around at 50mph , breaking it, and then blaming the plastic for being brittle
Still, even if the plastic isn't retard strength proof like Hasbro's, the paint apps are almost always pristine and they're basically flawless replicas.

>ib4 that guy who claimed the joints are all loose even if they aren't because his are
>>
>>5721145
man that Ultraman looks good.
>>
File: 2016-06-09 16.14.16.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09 16.14.16.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>5722331
The whole CSA are excellent toys.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.