[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peg removal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-06-01 14.06.35.jpg (342 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-01 14.06.35.jpg
342 KB, 1280x720
What's the best way to get a broken 3mm peg out of a hole as in the pic? So far I'm up to three pegs that have broken off of stands, and while I can still use stuff like the impact effect, it's much more of a pain when it actually breaks off in a figure's back.
>>
>>5707216
Put hot glue on a toothpick tip, put that on the peg, let dry, pull up.
>>
>>5707231
I don't own a hot glue gun. Would doing the same thing with superglue work, or is that asking for trouble if I fuck up?
>>
>>5707259
Not him, but I imagine so if it's the good stuff. I'd recommend heating up the plastic first before pulling.

Alternatively, use a pin-vice.
>>
>>5707216

I actually had to fix something like this recently myself. Get a pin vyse, drill into the peg, and then pull, or just drill into the peg enough times that it shreds it and use a small tool to extract the bits, like tweezers.
>>
>>5707216
Magnet?
>>
>>5707276
>>5707283
OK, I looked them up and it seems like heat and a pin vice is the way to go, so I'll probably throw one onto my next amazon order. You just use the smallest bit it comes with and hand twist it in, right?

>>5707309
I think that'd take a miracle to work.
>>
File: how-do-they-work.jpg (22 KB, 400x279) Image search: [Google]
how-do-they-work.jpg
22 KB, 400x279
>>5707309
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.