[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here used to collect these Power Rangers figures as a kid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 25
File: $_57.jpg (210 KB, 1600x1195) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
210 KB, 1600x1195
Anyone here used to collect these Power Rangers figures as a kid?
>>
File: mmpr.jpg (368 KB, 980x732) Image search: [Google]
mmpr.jpg
368 KB, 980x732
>>5697857
Not really as a kid but now only the megazords really. I buy some of the 5 inch action hero figures just to throw with the zords on the shelf too.
>>
File: 098765.jpg (8 KB, 209x300) Image search: [Google]
098765.jpg
8 KB, 209x300
Mum only bought me the bendy ones because I was special :-)
>>
>>5697857
I actively collected the Zords (and some of those Ranger figures) as a kid (may have been 9 or 10). Had almost every US release from the original Megazord up until the Rangers in Space series.

...Then I lost it all 10 years ago when my house flooded with 8 feet of water. Said fuck it, quit collecting, but started rebuilding my zord collection like 2 years ago. I do miss those old Ranger figures though. They had a ton of articulation, even by today's standards.
>>
I had these instead. I did have one 8'' Ranger, a Red Ranger with a kicking gimmick. At the time I never bothered with them because they couldn't interact with other lines as well.Plus having rangers nearly as big as the Megazord felt weird.

Almost two years ago I found a bag of these 8'' Red,yellow, Black, and a shield-less white at a thrift shop for $5. I found them to be really cool, really great articulation for the era, and a ton of fun to pose. I ended up giving them to a nephew who had a blast with them. I like to think that gave me a karma boost that let me find the Figuarts Rangers at decent prices within the last year.
>>
File: aWUfL9v.jpg (210 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
aWUfL9v.jpg
210 KB, 2000x2000
Wew lad
>>
File: FqtwBcE.jpg (211 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
FqtwBcE.jpg
211 KB, 2000x2000
>>5698242
>>
File: 0STEQAT.jpg (172 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
0STEQAT.jpg
172 KB, 2000x2000
>>5698244
>>
I got all the male big Rangers one Christmas. Loved playing with'em. Lent them to a kid at school and the blue and green ones came back with limbs broken off. It was one of the most devastating moments of my childhood. I never got another green ranger the rest of my life.
>>
>>5697995
Similar thing happened to me. I collected starwars stuff for years, even had a kick ass atat walker that I worked my ass off to get. Lost it in a storage unit with most of the stuff my family had. Shit sucks bro.
>>
>>5698244
>>5698242
What line is this?
>>
>>5698259
New line Bandai is coming out with in July. Basically Marvel Legends, but rangers. Even has a BAF.
>>
>>5698265
Ooh. Excited!
>>
>>5697857
Nope. Just you.
>>
>>5697857

I never saw any of the actual rangers when they initially came out. I started collecting them way later.

I'm really interested in knowing how many sentai shows got those well articulated 8 inch figures. I know it goes back to at least Turboranger but I've never seen any from Jetman. I think the last series to have them was Gaoranger with the possibility of some series being skipped over.
>>
File: P120AkB.jpg (181 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
P120AkB.jpg
181 KB, 2000x2000
>>
File: 1qedTv9.jpg (155 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1qedTv9.jpg
155 KB, 2000x2000
>>5698359
>>
File: MxyWNc1.jpg (165 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
MxyWNc1.jpg
165 KB, 2000x2000
>>5698364
>>
>>5698359
>>5698364
>>5698368
As someone who grew up watching Ninja Storm, this is a dream come true. The SH Figuarts looked really bland, but these remind me of the older toys
>>
File: Krg5BBC.jpg (154 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Krg5BBC.jpg
154 KB, 2000x2000
>>5698374
Look at her sexy body
>>
>>5698375
Any word on the green one?
>>
>>5698359
>>5698364
>>5698368
The line is looking great, but it definitely needs some villains. We can't just have only rangers. I kind of wish there were at least one villain per series. Goldar for MMPR, Zergane for PRNS, etc. Gladly ask for more. Maybe as exclusives?
>>
>>5698378
Indirectly. They will make all the main Rangers which will come with the series' respective base Megazord. Then the 6th, in MMPR's case the Green Ranger also, would come with no BAF piece but extra accessories. There are also pics of the Red and Green MMPR Rangers floating around.
>>
>>5698384
You think we'll get Space Rangers someday?
>>
>>5697857
I remember, or at least been told about, having the red ranger when being a literal babby and that for whatever reason I called it "jelly" because strawberry jelly is the standard jelly flavor and color pretty much.
>>
>>5698242
>>5698248
>>5698364
>>5698368
I appreciate the effort, but no respectable collection display would have these over the figuarts. They still look like cheap toys.
>>
>>5698248
>>5698244
>>5698242
That looks pretty good desu wa.
>>
>>5698413
They're gonna fit in with what I have, which is mainly Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series.

>inb4 shit taste

The Figuarts look like children next to them
>>
>>5698399
They said they have the intention to make every single Ranger. So likely if it keeps doing well.
>>
>>5698430
I hope so, they're my number 1 favorite designs
>>
>>5698423
>The Figuarts look like children next to them
This, sadly.
Their size coupled with the lack of heroic proportions make them look tiny next to Legends.
>>
>>5698778
>>5698423

Well aren't a majority of Rangers teenagers?
>>
>>5698840
yes, they've never been physically imposing, for some reason power rangers fans seem to like the stupid overly muscular look though.
>>
File: _20160215_095215.jpg (617 KB, 1632x1175) Image search: [Google]
_20160215_095215.jpg
617 KB, 1632x1175
>>5698248
Jesus tittyfucking christ... these look awful. I figured the entire reason Bandai was shitcanning the 5 inchers was because they wanted to rebrand their legacy line of figures with more realistic figuarts styled toys that the older fans want. They should have just continued the 5 inch line if they were gonna look like typical BoA garbage regardless. At least those would have fit in scale with tons of older villains/vehicles/etc. I don't need Power Rangers in scale with marvel legends, I need Power Rangers in scale with other Power Rangers shit!
>>
>>5698994
But anon, every toy line has to be in scale with Marvel Legends because autism.

I'm on your side, though. At least the Super Megaforce line gave us the Red Rangers from each series as well as a few oddballs (Lunar Wolf, really?). I'd prefer to have the rest in the same style, but oh well, at least I'll be saving money. Now if they mess with the scale for the main line Ninja Steel figures, we're going to have a fucking problem.
>>
File: austin saint john.jpg (70 KB, 387x600) Image search: [Google]
austin saint john.jpg
70 KB, 387x600
>>5698994
Eh. Jason was jacked so that's okay with me.
The figuarts can be the Tyrannoranger.

>>5698861
>for some reason power rangers fans seem to like the stupid overly muscular look though
I don't.
Besides, while Power Rangers are teenagers, most sentai teams are young adults or straight up adults. It's just that figuarts go for screen-accuracy and normal japanese actors are dinky compared to the roided tittymonsters used for stuff like Marvel Legends.
>>
>>5698265

> BOA

Enjoy your off color pin joints, costcutting paint apps, and incomplete teams.
>>
File: 1461506159714.jpg (24 KB, 362x258) Image search: [Google]
1461506159714.jpg
24 KB, 362x258
>>5698994
>that blue hammer head shark thing in the middle
>>
File: PowerRangersTakeFlight.jpg (415 KB, 994x494) Image search: [Google]
PowerRangersTakeFlight.jpg
415 KB, 994x494
>>5699600
>At least the Super Megaforce line gave us the Red Rangers from each series as well as a few oddballs
It's insane to me that after giving us the full MMPR/SM/DC teams, plus every other Red Ranger, a bunch of sixths, the movie MMPR's, and seemingly Ninja Steel, that they'd decide starting from scratch in a new scale is a good idea.

At their planned rate of two teams a year it will take a decade just to cover the pre-existing teams, and there aren't even any villains planned. What good are having all those Rangers when there's no one for them to fight? We have a shit load of villains in the 5 inch scale (Dino Charge alone has given us a small army), not to mention 5 inch is compatible with most of the old vehicles.

This is such a stupid move on BoA's part. If they wanted to make the Legacy line figures seem more premium than the mainline they could have started to give them more articulation/accessories (unmorphed heads would have been amazing) . Changing the scale and starting from scratch with two teams we just got superior figuarts versions of is moronic. Five inch Alien Rangers to supplement the season 3 Zords would have been perfect, and it would have fit in just as well with the ninja themed Ninja Steel.
>>
>>5700405
Are they really dumping the 5'' line? Considering this first release is just MPR and Ninja storm, they'll almost certainly make 5'' figures for Ninja steel, won't they? This is just another line for older collectors.
>>
>>5698242
I hope bandai doesn't skimp out on the plastic. Marvel Legends figs are fun to pose and are pretty rugged. These Legacy figs have the same articulation and would like to be able to pose them continuously without falling apart.
>>
File: bandai avengers $20.jpg (711 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
bandai avengers $20.jpg
711 KB, 900x601
>>5700428
expect super shiny plastic, because bandai loves using that stuff.
>>
File: Let the Ooooze flow.jpg (440 KB, 985x554) Image search: [Google]
Let the Ooooze flow.jpg
440 KB, 985x554
>>5700420
They're dumping 5" Legacy in favor of Marvel Legends Legacy figures. Which is a dumb move because most fans just wanted to complete their 5 inch teams, not have to start over in a new scale. Especially since Ninja Steel and future seasons are likely to remain 5 inch, it creates an unnecessary divide and will likely only drive people away from collecting one or the other. As said the Legacy figures could have been made more premium with improved articulation/accessories. Changing the scale of the Legacy line after releasing so many Rangers in such a short time is a bonehead move.
>>
File: gogo.jpg (88 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
gogo.jpg
88 KB, 960x672
>>5700444
I don't think Bandai realizes that a lot of Power Rangers fans collect both the main line and Legacy and don't really discern between them, especially the figures. Sure, there are some exceptional individuals who will insist that the figures in pic related are a mix of premium adult collectibles and junk made for kids, but no one outside the fandom could tell you which is which because they use the exact same molds. It's not like Star Wars or Marvel where there's a huge gap in quality between kids' and collector's toys. As kids' toys go, Power Rangers are pretty great. The movie figures, with the addition of ankle and wrist joints, were really moving things in the right direction. And now all that promise is out the window.

They'll hook some casuals and new buyers with this new Legacy line, maybe some of the people who only buy things if they match up just so with their little superhero men, but it comes at the cost of alienating some of their most loyal customers.
>>
>>5697857
I had all of them at one point
>>
>>5700444
>>5700929

You guys kept buying the shit when they switched to the Jungle Fury/Super Legends scale, then kept buying it when they switched to 3" for MMPR to Megaforce, then kept buying them when they switched to 5" for Super Megaforce/Legacy.

They know and you know you won't stop buying them, so get over it.
>>
>>5700952
Counterpoint: I also collect Star Wars. In the past year I've bought 35-40 3 3/4" figures and zero 6" Black Series figures. Most will cave, but not all. And if I was going to cave, they'd have to do better than two teams that just got superior Figuarts releases not three years ago.
>>
>>5697955
Im so jelly of that collection of megazords. I wish I hadn't been a retarded kid and kept mine.
>>
File: tumblr_nn6jhh0cUX1qkjvmko6_1280.jpg (467 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn6jhh0cUX1qkjvmko6_1280.jpg
467 KB, 1280x960
>>5700952
This is a bit different because you'll still have the 5 inch main line being sold alongside the 6 inch legacy line. And considering many people do buy both, it will create an unnecessary divide. Personally I won't be buying these new Legacy figures. The 5 inch main line has been really tremendous these last few years, first with releasing every red (and some sixths) and now releasing tons of villains for the first time since MMPR. Then there's the compatibility with past villains/vehicles/accessories/playsets. Five inch is simply the more appealing scale for me as far as PR goes. I'll make customs to complete teams in that scale before buying 6 inch figures that fit with nothing else from their own universe.
>>
File: photo-5_zps27049144.jpg (63 KB, 800x423) Image search: [Google]
photo-5_zps27049144.jpg
63 KB, 800x423
>>5700929
What's really frustrating is how easy it would be for Bandai to finish the teams in this scale given how much of the tooling is already done. Most would only need a new head and weapon. They could put out team packs for $50 and rake in cash.
>>
>>5701177
Except they can do the same for the new scale and sell them at an even higher price point. The 5 inch line is fun, don't get me wrong, but the proportions are wonky, the articulation is severely lacking for the most part (some like Fury are quite excellent, then other villains suck, the movie rangers had the extra foot articulation which was welcome, but that didn't make it into the main line except for a select few). I never bought that many of the 5 inch line so I definitely don't mind moving up, especially with the articulation being done quite well, and the look of them being pretty good. Beyond that, each complete wave promises complete teams, that's something the 5 inch line never did except for current shows and MMPR. Plus when you complete said teams you get a complete Megazord of the series. That's pretty cool. If they find a way to include villains in the line somehow I think it would bring it over the top of anything I could have ever expected from a Power Rangers toy line.
>>
File: PRCompare.jpg (286 KB, 825x804) Image search: [Google]
PRCompare.jpg
286 KB, 825x804
>>5701254
>the proportions are wonky
Tbqh I think the 5 inch looks better overall. New figure looks even beefier.
>>
File: PRCompare2.jpg (251 KB, 647x760) Image search: [Google]
PRCompare2.jpg
251 KB, 647x760
Girls are basically the same.
>>
I miss the 1/18 lineup, but it's been a dream having Bandai do the Shodo line for Kamen Rider, plus(short of finding where the hell my Zedd is), I've got all the original Rangers. I just hope that whatever the next line is, they continue with the plethora of monster sculpts.
>>
File: Finster Imaginext.png (646 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
Finster Imaginext.png
646 KB, 750x563
>>5701366
Incidentally, while I think he's too small for 5 or 6 inch lines, Imaginext has a Finster out there now. Picked mine up from Walmart for 5.44. Swivel-hinge elbows, swivel wrists, and hinged hips are all the articulation he has, sadly, but not too terrible and the paint/sculpt's pretty decent for the price.
>>
Wow just found out about this new line. I prefer Figuarts but that line is long dead right? This is our only alternative if we want rangers from different teams. I never planned on getting every team but I wanted my favorites from each team. I always wanted to have my personally chosen "Once a Ranger Team" so with this line at least I'll have a decent looking version of each character that I want from Zeo to RPM even if it takes years to finish it off.

I understand fans getting angry, but at least this is better than the 4" crap they pulled for MMPRv2 until MegaForce since those toys were inferior. I'm sure they'll continue the 5" line though just like they did after the switch to 4".
>>
So these are Marvel Legends scale? What's that? 7"? I used to have a ML from ten years ago but i think they used to be smaller at around 6".
Would they scale bad with the Figuarts since Bandai won't contiue that line anymore?

So we're getting MMPR and then Ninja Sorm this year with two teams per year? Does that include sixth rangers?
>>
>>5698265
muh dick
>>
>>5701571
Should be around 6". Might be 6.5", as someone at toy fair said. And yes we're getting the 6th rangers, in this case the 2 green rangers.
>>
>>5701571
>>5702007
>confusing a size class with scale
1/12 is a scale, used so that creators can go straight from foot measurements to inch measurements without calculating anything.
>>
>>5702750
What are you talking about? They're not going to scale these to the actors. They'll have their own size and someone has explicitly suggested they'd be 6.5" in size at toy fair. This would make them fairly tall compared to most ML if so. What sense is there in knowing the scale of they won't be to scale? Obviously size is the bigger factor here. If they were to 1/12 scale we'd have a bit larger that 5"figures.
>>
>>5702760
And I'm saying that they're not scaled at all if they're a size class. Size classes exist so retail chains can know they're getting a certain volume of product that can fit on their shelves.

Unfortunately, since factories have been switching from using plastic quantity to parts count for how much a figure costs(basically changing from 'how much material did I use' to 'how much did I do'), we're seeing more 'size class' and less 'scale', because a 5" figure with the same amount of parts as a 6" figure will cost the same, or close enough.

Those 12", nearly static figures that are popping up in every toyline? They're a size-class, no scaling involved
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.