[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shitty design These hips look like a fucking train wreck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: diapers-2.jpg (141 KB, 810x522) Image search: [Google]
diapers-2.jpg
141 KB, 810x522
ITT: Shitty design

These hips look like a fucking train wreck. Please bandai, scrap this idea before you reuse the hips for the next seven years
>>
Kill yourself, white boy.
>>
File: IMG_20160512_142237.jpg (2 MB, 2983x1030) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160512_142237.jpg
2 MB, 2983x1030
>>5680970
hmmm... what? did you say something?
>>
>>5680970

They don't look unacceptable to me, but they do definitely look kind of bad

I thought they were really good on Hibiki because they like blended in to the design. I was pretty surprised when I saw them reuse that hip design on so many other things.
>>
>>5680970
People have gotten so shitty and lame with their expectations of toy companies. Remember what you grew up playing with, and how happy you were just to have a physical representation of something you liked so much? Now look at you, bitching to strangers on the internet because you're going to buy yet another rendition of the same character because nothing can scratch the itch you've built up for yourself. Be happy you're getting something as opposed to nothing. Also pull down, ball joint, qc mess hips are for faggots.
>>
>>5681107

We didn't know the value of money when we were young.
>>
>>5680970
>These hips look like a fucking train wreck. Please bandai, scrap this idea before you reuse the hips for the next seven years
Wrong. All styles of hips have drawbacks.

The drop down hips look awkward in action poses and can create diapers on certain characters. Like Goku (the mold that's been re-used so fucking much) is a prime example. The new Goku (using this new style) looks amazing in action shots and there is almost no pose he looks bad in except standing straight up.

New hips = great for action poses, bad for neutral standing
Old drop down hips = shit for action poses, great for neutral standing because almost seamless
>>
>>5681107
The pull down hips are my favourite. If they're loose that's easily fixed. They also give a greater range of motion than these new ones. I only have Hibiki with the new hips and I can't say I was particularly impressed with them.
>>
>>5681109
you still don't if you're spending money on toys.
>>
>>5681116
/thread
>>
>>5681120
>you still don't if you're spending money on overpriced toys.
fixed that for you
>>
>>5681116
I think you're being too general with the drop down hips. The Kinnikuman figures pull them off well and the majority of figures do too so long as you don't literally just drop them down and leave them that way.
>>
>>5681116
drop down as seen always has better range but can look shitty in certain extreme poses.
These swivel hinges flow better on certain figures with seams. but on seamless designs there are ways to do the hinge hips better, make them look smoother rather than flappy. see Body Kun or Shf Kazuma.

Besides, the design is not new. the articulation is actually used in older figuarts.
>>
>>5681252
>used in older figuarts

Some of the best examples would be the Ryuki Figuarts, which I feel look better generally than this new kind. Having those extra flaps don't make much sense, especially when parts are supposed to be seamless. They shouldn't stick to one kind, but use hip designs (and shoulders, arms, etc) as would fit whatever character they're making.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.