[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
Should I get it?
>>
>>5663993
To resell later?
>>
>>5663994
Not planning on reselling it
>>
>>5663993
If you like it get it. It's only $20 at most.
>>
>>5664012
but is it worth it?
>>
File: 1440886245689.png (162 KB, 635x361) Image search: [Google]
1440886245689.png
162 KB, 635x361
She isn't bad I guess.
Though there are a few negatives.
Marvel Legends girls in general have shit waste possibility and one of her hands is always stuck in that Thwick/Nico Nico Nii web-slinging pose which always bothers me with spider person figures.
Also her alt head is horrid, like Prattlord bad.
>>
>>5664017
Generally speaking, if you don't want something badly enough to spend whatever it costs to buy it, then you probably just shouldn't buy it.
>>
>>5664017
I had heard she was disappointing, but I really like her. I wouldn't mind a bit more range in some places, but she still poses well enough and she's not as rubbery as some past ML releases.

My biggest gripe is that she desperately needs handswaps
>>
>>5664017
>>5664034
Handswaps would be nice. My gf has the figure though and it is pretty cool. Worth it if you like the character, but don't expect it to be AMAZING.
>>
>>5663993
le tumblr meme figure
>>
>>5664074
Not all meme figures are bad. I mean this one is, but not all of them are.
>>
>>5663993
This one's lucky. It doesnt come with a leg you probably wont ever need or use, just a wrecking ball that anyone can use.
>>
File: 1412196867075.jpg (14 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1412196867075.jpg
14 KB, 246x250
>>5664074
>Everything is a meme.
>Everything is Tumblr.
>>
>>5664091
Technically speaking, everything IS a meme.
>>
If you like the character/design enough to want a physical representation of it, sure.

If you don't care for Spider-Gwen and are just buying a figure to have fun with there are better options. The body she's on is not one of Hasbro's best, and the lack of handswaps for all the figures on that body is really lame.
>>
OUTRAGE!
>>
>>5663993
Definitely don't spend scalper prices on it.

I did and mine ended up having an immovable right elbow. The figure looks great and I'm happy I have it, but it really stings when you pay more than you should and you get shafted by QC problems.
>>
>>5663993
>Buying a meme figure just because a price rush from scalper

Can anyone honestly say they like Spider Gwen as a character?
>>
>>5664756
I like the design.
The character itself? Eh, I don't remember shit about her. Conceptually she is almost as bad as Gwenpool.
>>
>>5664790
Conceptually she's worse than Gwenpool, as literal meme characters go Gwenpool's concept is at least kind of funny.
>>
>>5664756
bought spider Gwen #1 back during spider verse....i didn't buy any others after.
>>
Ill be really glad when this Gwen fad dies
>>
>>5664872
No you won't, the next thing Marvel pushes will probably be worse.
>>
>>5663993
it's the same mold that the Spider girls use and it's not that good.
Very gummy and balance can be an issue.

Unless you love the character or design I say it's a pass.
>>
>>5664795
Other way around. Gwenpool is literally "le funny maymay"-tier of stupid in terms of concept. Thing is, she actually ended up being better than Spider-Gwen by virtue of her writing.

Conceptually, Gwenpool is worse while Spider-Gwen could have actually been cool in an alternate universe/timeline sense. Execution-wise, Spider-Gwen is worse while Gwenpool is actually competently written and became a decent character that could stand her own.
>>
>>5664909
Yeah, spider-gwen is just too much lousy SUFFERING to be any good.
I can already see a 'rape' story arc taking place. Probably with Venom.
>>
>>5664020
>Yeah, I wish for all of my toys to just have closed fists
That web hand is the best part about Spidey figures.
>>
File: THIS CANT BE HAPPENING.png (77 KB, 396x288) Image search: [Google]
THIS CANT BE HAPPENING.png
77 KB, 396x288
>>5664671
Fucking Cho.
>>
>>5664731
Mine was the same. I risked forcing it and it broke free. Running it under hot water didn't make it any easier. There's probably just as good a chance it would have snapped, but it paid off in the end.
>>
>>5664756
She's basically a ripoff of DC's new take on Batgirl, but not as pretentiously politically correct about it. I liked what I read, but it wouldn't surprise me if it gets worse when new writers with an agenda get a hold of it.
>>
>>5664899
I own both figures and it's a completely different mold. Spidergwen is shorter and isn't locked into the single pose Spidergirl is capable of.
>>
>>5664091
This time, it's not wrong
>>
>>5667728
No, she's on the same mold all the teenage Spider-Girls have been on since Anya Corazon.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.