[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shelfwarmers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 10459_pd2190565_1.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
10459_pd2190565_1.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
Who is this Toryn Farr chick and why is she warming the pegs in all my local stores? They are cheap enough for me to build a battalion of them

Also, what's the resident shelfwarmer in your area? What do you expect to stay on the shelves for a long, long time?
>>
>>5652650
I live in a Central-European country, our only NECA importer has 18 Sergeant Craig Windrix figures on the shelf from Aliens. That number has been more or less unchanged for the 1.5 years. My feeling is that even if they were to halve the price, he would stay there for a long time.

Also I remember the Indiana Jones toys from the Indy 4 movie. Even to this day they sometimes pop up at smaller stores, nobody wants them.
>>
She's one of the Rebels running a computer in the Hoth Base in Empire. There being figures of just about every character you could think of is simultaneously one of the best and worst things about Star Wars.

I rarely buy figures in person but whenever I'm at the local Walgreens I check their toy section. Anything Hasbro releases that's a Walgreens exclusive is sure to shelfwarm. There are ten Marvel Legends Black Ants currently, and a bunch of Black Series Lightning Darth Vaders.
>>
>>5652697

>he died to shelfwarm

I should pick up a few windrix's for their bodies.
>>
>>5652729
Nah, just cunts like you thinking that way.
>>
>>5652739

What, people wanting army builders or people who are upset that a man died of cancer and the figure they made to memorialise him sits on store shelves for years?
>>
There are exactly nine Flametroopers shelfwarming at my local Target along with two Finns and two Zuvios.
>>
>>5652767

I'd pick up the First Order troopers if they had DOUBLE JOINTED ELBOWS
>>
>>5652650
She was the "Stand by Ion Control" in Empire Strikes Back.
I bought her since I already got a ton of stormies but hardly any rebel scum.
>>
>>5652767
For me it's nothing but Finns, Zuvios, TIE pilots, and generic rebel trooper. I do see armored Finn and Phasma once and a while.
>>
>>5652697
Never should have been on the shelves in the first place. It wasn't even a character from the movie, just a NECA employee's brother who died from stomach cancer. Should have just been a limited edition mail in thing at most.
>>
>>5653257
I think Hasbro made about 3 million Finns, 4.5 million Constable Zuvios, and 2.2 million Resistance Troopers and about 95 Tatooine Lukes and 65 Ahsokas.

I just want my orange waifu and I'll never have the chance because of the army of midgets in stupid hats blockading every shelf at every store.
>>
My local Wal-Mart has around 60 TFA Black Series 6" figures and probably even more of the 3.75" exclusives. It sucks.
>>
>>5652650
Blackjack, Groove, Rodimus, and Skywarp (legends class) have been shelfwarming like mad in my area. Groove's the only bad fig, though. That car mold kicks ass.
>>
>>5652767
these look stupid I wouldnt want it.
>>
File: zuzuzuvio.jpg (104 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
zuzuzuvio.jpg
104 KB, 720x960
At least 14 Constable Zuvios keeping the shelves nice and toasty at TRU. The peg above him was all Finns.

I also counted 11 Black Series figures, all of which were Constable Zuvio.
>>
The thing about TFA shelfwarmers is that my local stores and shops absolutely refuse to give any discounts despite the inflated Asian prices. Not sure how long it'll last. Maybe till September/Q4 at least.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.