[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When and why the hell did the price on this jump so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: ML Pizza Time.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ML Pizza Time.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
When and why the hell did the price on this jump so much?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRgdA9_FsXM
>>
>>5651294
>why

It's a decent representation of a "classic" Spidey with cool and useful accessories
>>
File: pizza time ebay.jpg (180 KB, 802x941) Image search: [Google]
pizza time ebay.jpg
180 KB, 802x941
>>5651297
Speaking of Pizza Time.
>>
inflation
>>
File: scooter spider-man.jpg (318 KB, 1154x1600) Image search: [Google]
scooter spider-man.jpg
318 KB, 1154x1600
>>5651302
>>
>>5651294

Scalpers.
>>
>>5651311
Scalpers don't cause prices to increase, demand:supply does
>>
>>5651300
Yeah but wasn't it out just last year?
>>
>>5651316
Yes. It still is. I bought one for $15 at a grocery store a couple weeks ago.
>>
Maybe it's because Civil War feat. Spiderman just came out?
>>
>>5651319
It was on the rise before that.

Fact is, it's a cool figure that had it's time at retail and is predominantly in the hands of consumers, so it costs whatever people are willing to pay for it.
>>
>>5651294
glad I found another 1 at a k-mart no one really shops at
>>
>>5651314
>scalpers charge more for a figure based on its profitability
>magical economy laws did it
>>
>>5651410

> not understand how economy laws is entire reason why profit
> hurrdurr I is dumbfuck
>>
>>5651410
Scalpers can charge $100 on a figure but if no one's buying it, then it's not $100.
>>
>>5651314
Demand:supply allows price to increase, but unless there's a seller trying to test the limits of demand it's not gonna go up as much. People are still the ones responding to supply and demand. Just last night I was looking at those Synthetic Human SDCC versions and there's some dude on ebay who sold 3 for over $1000 each. Most people are still only charging like $400 tops, but if they see that shit happening more people might start raising the price on it, because that might be a fluke or it might be the actual level of demand and scalpers just haven't recognized it yet. Economic laws still depend on the reactions and predictions of people, including sellers, to take effect.
>>
>>5651314

That accounts for a more natural increase but it's the scalpers that are artificially applying pressure by imposing the found upper limit of what someone is willing to pay while also artificially limiting the supply in reaction.
>>
>>5651592
Selling something a year after release for secondary market price is not scalping

I swear some of you do some wild mental gymnastics to justify getting mad about paying late comers tax
>>
>>5651597

> Selling something a year after release for secondary market price agitated by scalpers is not scalping.

Honestly though I haven't bothered to see what prices OP was complaining about. I have one and hate him because he can't spread his legs out at more than a 45 degree ankle.

Kinda dumb to spend a lot of money on a figure you have to mod just to make it acceptable.
>>
>>5651607
It wasn't "agitated by scalpers" though. It was readily available for a large part of the past year. The supply dried up and now you pay the price.
>>
>>5651416
You treat profit and demand as a natural law instead of as a phenomenom that's part of trade.
If this Spiderman goes up in price but someone sells it to me for retail then what? Did we break supply and demand?
>>
>>5651736
You're retarded of you think that people selling things for the uppermost price people will consistently pay is a "phenomenon". If someone sells you something for retail when the market value is much higher, they are incredibly stupid, but it doesn't prove anything.
>>
File: advisor1.jpg (78 KB, 397x600) Image search: [Google]
advisor1.jpg
78 KB, 397x600
>>5651742
>If someone sells you something for retail when the market value is much higher, they are incredibly stupid, but it doesn't prove anything.
Or maybe they just have jobs and don't care about souring someone's enjoyment for 10 more dollars.
Oddly, it doesn't seem like latecomer tax is even a thing outside of western markets.
>>
>>5651742
Do you not know what the word phenomenon means?
>>
>>5651294
le epic meme figure
>>
>>5651624
>The supply dried up
And who exactly dried it up?
Scalpers.
>>
>>5651794
Scalpers aren't wildly buying two per case Spider-Man figures that are traditionally peg warmers anyway. I know myself and others bought multiple because it's sick. I have two in my closet just because it's the best Spidey in years and I wanted a backup

But whatever, blame the scalper bogeyman just cause you're salty
>>
>>5651736
>If this Spiderman goes up in price but someone sells it to me for retail then what? Did we break supply and demand?

This is hands down the dumbest thing I've seen in 2016
>>
>>5651761
Because Japanese toys are made to preorder numbers (no legions of foot draggers) and they don't just sell everything when their rampant ADHD kicks in (not stupid consumerist whores).
>>
>>5651853
>no stupid consumerist whores
No they're still pretty massive consumerist whores, they're just less retarded about being consumerist whores.
>>
>>5651794
You had your chance when they were sitting there, slowly dwindling in numbers for months
>>
>>5651304
>inflation
wrong board, my friend. here, let me help out:
>>/mlp/
>>
>>5651861
What if you weren't collecting at the time?
I swear you people act like everyone started collecting during the Toybiz era.

>>5651906
>not /vp/
>>
>>5651918
And you act like everyone started collecting 10 minutes ago.
>>
>>5651929
What if some of us did?
>>
File: 1461987144328.jpg (87 KB, 511x606) Image search: [Google]
1461987144328.jpg
87 KB, 511x606
>>5651302
I have this one without the bike and I would never pay that much for it
>>
Shit my Walmart had 12 of them at one point. They had 4 or 5 last month then they hit clearance for $9 and disappeared of course after that.

I bought it to use his rape face in funny pics with my Billy Figma and Woody Revoltech.
>>
>>5651302
>real scooter is <1% the price of a toy.
>>
>>5651937
You started collecting 10 minutes ago and you're upset about a toy from 10 months ago? Isn't that like a kid today being upset that Fred Astaire doesn't have a dance number in any upcoming films?
>>
>>5653774
I. Love. You.
>>
>>5651305
only cheese and pepperony? not worth at all
>>
>>5651294

I still see these things at Walgreens all the time. Don't get ripped of by scalpers. They're still receiving old waves.
>>
>>5651853
>Because Japanese toys are made to preorder numbers (no legions of foot draggers)
Spoken like someone who's never been to Japan and thinks online sales are the entirety all sales.
Shit shelf warms and sells out just like collector toys in the US do.

Its funny how mass market toys that are made in the millions are so hard to get, yet real collector toys made in the tens of thousands rarely ever go for stupid prices and are easy to get for months, if not years.
>>
Slightly on topic,
Anyone know a good punisher figure?
>>
>>5656904
Depends on your standard for "good." Your best bet is to probably wait until later this year when the Walgreens exclusive one comes out.
>>
>>5654781
>Its funny how mass market toys that are made in the millions are so hard to get, yet real collector toys made in the tens of thousands rarely ever go for stupid prices and are easy to get for months, if not years.

You act as if this is a bad thing. Also you're a tard because anything made by GSC is made to order and they specifically state that. If a store has any figmas/nendoroids in stock it's because they order it and if it shelf warms it's because either everyone who wanted it already got it via pre-order or it's not very popular. Figuarts however aren't made to order. Also I highly doubt you yourself have been to Japan. You're just parroting what someone else has said and they were parroting Wondanon.
>>
>>5656904
The Mezco one coming out in October looks god tier. I'm getting the one with the big white plate carrier for sure.
>>
>>5657375
>You act as if this is a bad thing
Like i said, i think it's funny. Out of the millions of the same figure made, you can't find it, yet higher quality figures, sometimes of the same character, that are made in the tens of thousands are easy to find? That's humor.

>If a store has any figmas/nendoroids in stock it's because they order it and if it shelf warms it's because either everyone who wanted it already got it via pre-order or it's not very popular.
.... so you're including stores ordering stock like they usually do? Because that's not considered "pre-orders," tard.
Also, i find it unbelievable if they can actually order a very specific number. Most things, even from large companies like Mattel, are ordered in rounded off numbers, even when they're extremely limited.

>they were parroting Wondanon.
>Wondanon is the only person who has gone to Japan
lol.
Sorry, but that's funny. Makes me believe you haven't been on the internet that long.
But anyway, I had relatives over there and real life friends who moved there or also had relatives over there. Shocking that people come from all over the world and people like myself can actually have the money to visit them. I even have a brother who went there for his company.
>>
>>5654638
>I still see these things at Walgreens all the time.

I only saw one Walgreens out of like 20 that I went to that still had that figure and managed to get one that way. Might be different for other people though.
>>
>>5656904
Mezco Punisher
>>
>>5656904
Someone on /toy/ was interested in turning the Mafex nightmare Batman into a Punisher.
>>
File: IMG_5214.jpg (150 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5214.jpg
150 KB, 1080x1080
>>5656904
Mezco 1:12 is in scale with Marvel Legends. Not sure when it's coming out, but speaking from experience with the DKR Batman, it's pretty damn well made.

There's the also the Movie ML and a couple of classic ones, and there's even a new one coming soon. Older ones are pretty cool, but the newest looks the best aside from the Mezco.
>>
File: punisher by mezco.jpg (81 KB, 585x369) Image search: [Google]
punisher by mezco.jpg
81 KB, 585x369
>>5660318
>wasting money on overpriced figure just to turn it into a mediocre custom
heh
>>5660631
Man, that just looks so lame compared to Mezco's efforts. Other Hasbro figures can look good, but that just looks like he has a giant melon for a head.
>>
The Ultimate figure coming out soon and the 12" version look to have the exact same articulation, so anyone dumb enough to pay scalper prices deserves to get ripped off.
>>
>>5654614
Fuck you, cheese and pepperoni are are the only appropriate toppings.
>>
>>5660644
goddamn it when is this coming out? I need the left one.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.