[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yahoo Auctions.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: yah.png (3 KB, 256x47) Image search: [Google]
yah.png
3 KB, 256x47
Does anyone here use Yahoo Auctions to get the goods? I started briefly checking them out and was surprised to see certain figures at strangely low prices.

So I have two questions. First off, how do you go about buying from them, is it possible to just punch in a western address and have the seller ship it off? Or is it necessary to use a third party service.
Second, how much of an issue are counterfeit figures both in general and on the site? Are there any decent tips on identifying them?
>>
>>5649450
え?
あの...
>>
>>5649505
Typical Jap response.
>>
>>5649450
The great majority of Japanese sellers will not ship outside of Japan. You have to use a deputy service, which goes a long way in negating those low prices. I don't think you have to worry much about bootlegs, though I usually only go there for vintage stuff.
>>
>>5649450
It's not worth it

Give you an example:

Product is 4000yen (35USD)
You win it

Middle man charges 1500yen service charge
Item is shipped to middle man for 900-1500yen

Then shipped to you for 2500-3000 yen

That 4000yen (35USD) item just cost you 12000 (105USD)

It's never worth it unless it's super HOLY SHIT I DON'T CARE I WILL PAY IT. But that is rarely the case as even the Japanese of the nerd culture sell more on Ebay then Yahoo.
>>
File: 1449635021323.png (84 KB, 155x197) Image search: [Google]
1449635021323.png
84 KB, 155x197
>>5649570
This.

I did it once with Rinka, ended up paying almost double on something I thought was a deal that I could have gotten from Ebay or even dare I say, Big Bad Toy Store.
>>
>>5649450
Waste of time and money, took me almost 6 months to get my item and cost me way more then if I got it stateside
>>
File: 1449434221911.gif (4 MB, 754x484) Image search: [Google]
1449434221911.gif
4 MB, 754x484
>>5649579
It's the fees and double shipping that get you. And let's not even talk about the wait time.
>>
Well alright then. Guess I'll forget about it, thanks guys.
>>
>>5649609
It's been around 18 years that Yahoo Japan auctions has been around and 15 that these "services" have been and none of them ever struck it gold as a business because people slowly learned how stupid it is.

Now with cheap direct EMS shipping from Amiami or great case deals that stateside shops like BBTS and Earth Entertainment get, it's almost pointless to go the Japan middleman route
>>
>>5649609
Honestly, I wouldn't get too discouraged. It really depends on the middle service you use. Auction j subculture charges decent rates and for most figma, the shipping to the u.s. to your door is pretty standard.
>>
Don't use the service for an item you can get stateside because the middleman fees will equal the US rape-prices.
However, these services are great for more obscure items or bulk lots. Sometimes you can even flip some items to recoup your losses.

I for instance got my PepsIman for $12, but the fees plus shipping brought it up more than double that price. I shipped several items together and evened it out as best I could, and got a few weird items to boot.
>>
>>5649570
pretty much this yeah

it's really only worth it when you absolutely cannot find the items anywhere else which was the case for me

i won two items for a total of like $8 but through the service & shipping fees it came out to a little over $50 in the end
>>
Yahoo Japan Auction fees are more then Ebay in Japan, add that to the fact the Japanese rather US dollars instead of their week yen for items and you find that most people in Japan are selling on Ebay anyhow.

Don't waste your time with Yahoo Japan Auction and middle man services.
>>
>>5649450
>>5649570

Wow seriously guys? I don't know what fucked up deputy you use.

Using FromJapan :

Item is 2000 yen
FromJapan fee : 200 yen (yes, 200 yen)
Bank transfert fee 5% : 100 yen

Total before shipping : 2300 yen

Let's say the item is a Nendoroid in box.

Domestic delivery shipping : 400 yen

Shipping from them to you :

Small Packet Air mail : 1500 yen
SAL : 900 yen

GRAND TOTAL : either 4200 with Small packet or 3200 yen.

Here I just made it with one item, but depending of what you're buying, it can get very interesting fast. If you buy a lot of (loose) little figures, the shipping from them to you will still be around 1500 yen, but for way more products.

And depending of the item you're searching for, you can get them for dead cheap. There are a LOT of Jojo's figures that you can find at an incredible price, especially if you wait and stalk a little.
>>
>>5652731

This and not this.

Better proxies like FJ can net you good deals, but anon's calculations are off.

FJ fee 200
FJ commish 5% of ANY money you pay them
Bank fee 174

The thing that KILLS is domestic shipping. Some sellers use flat rate which can go as high as 1.x k for anything like a loose nendo up to a scale. Some sellers don't list the domestic so you take a gamble.

What I like is that FJ lets you declare your own value for tax evasion lol.
>>
>>5652743
Well, maybe I got lucky but most of the time domestic shipping is very fair. Do you always take the cheaper option? The safer one can get you something crazy like 2000 yen sometimes.

Oh yes custom declaration. Being from Europe, it's what I really like about them. We have to pay fees for item that are only more than 25$, for god' sake.
>>
>>5652743
l live in japan, and that's bullshit
l've never seen anyone shipping at more than 800 yen, usually around 500, and no matter the method, stuff will get to me in 3 days top
>>
>>5649570
zenmarket is 300y per item + a lot of items come with free shipping (most amazon.jp, some y!a, suruga-ya, etc.)

which is great for big items but obviously sucks if you're getting a bunch of small items

they also hold the items for 45 days so you can accumulate enough to make shipping worth it
>>
>>5652743
From Japan is fucking retarded with that 5%.
>charges you to deposit 5%
>charges you AGAIN with the 5% for using money that's already in their system
>>
>>5649570
Dude what the fuck are you talking about? Most domestic is like 800 and the middleman fees are like 300, and if you order multiple items you can get the shipping down to like 300 per item.
>>
>>5652731
*3600 not 3200, sorry.

>>5653068

Yes, but as an European I still find them the best for us (keep the items 30 days+ let you declare it as you like)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.