[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever buy a Garage Kit via aliexpress? I seemed to have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Anyone ever buy a Garage Kit via aliexpress? I seemed to have stumbled on a plethora of GK's I've had my eye on for a long time but had no idea I could get them there.

Pic semi-related.
>>
>>5647506
A guy bought one, it was alright. Like the original, it needs paint as it is a resin kit. Unlike the originals, it comes with joints instead of you needing to buy them separately.
>>
They're recasts, quality varies.
>>
What is that Titty Robot called?
>>
>>5648245
It's a Daibadi robot version of Yoko Littner. As mentioned she is a resin kit, and so needs extra work to look like OP. In addition, we're specifically talking about Chinese recasts of said kit, which you can go buy now. Check fgts.jp or /m/'s "masturbated to mecha" thread to find links and other notes.

I don't like spoonfeeding too much. Look these things up yourself next time, please?
>>
>>5647927
OP here. I know its a resin kit and they need to be self painted. I'm just curious if I should be concerned about quality issues. Are these legit recasts? Like there is some good shit on aliexpress. I might just pull the trigger on this guy next paycheque.
>>
File: 1439106865799.jpg (344 KB, 1050x1291) Image search: [Google]
1439106865799.jpg
344 KB, 1050x1291
>>5648625
Found the guy's thingymajig where he opens one of the recasts.

http://fgts.jp/toy/thread/5419077/#5419077
>>
>>5648665
>http://fgts.jp/toy/thread/5419077/#5419077

Nice thanks,
>>
Wait, you can buy these normally now? What about the Nia one?
>>
>>5649039
Yeah you can get a recast of her too, it's also in the fgts.jp thread I posted and is probably still available directly from the recast website mentioned there as well. Yoko is definitely still available from there, I checked a little earlier.
>>
>>5649048
Sweet, thanks anon
>>
>>5647506
Yes, they are decent quality. Only real knock is clean up and sometimes the mold feeds aren't in the best spots. You'll have to pick up your own joints (obviously).
Remember to wash with soap to get residue off if you plan on painting.
>>
Alright OP I got ahead of myself and ordered the damn yoko garage kit.

How would I even paint this shit.
>>
>>5650508
also what's this about getting your own joints?
>>
>>5650514
That's if you got the daibadi version. You got a recast so you should theoretically get joints pre-included.

Painting, consult Gunpla General's guide for the resin and painting sections.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-05+at+12.48.32).jpg (201 KB, 781x659) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-05+at+12.48.32).jpg
201 KB, 781x659
>>5650523
aren't these the joints? shows pictures of them so I assume they'd come with it lol
>>
>>5650529
Yep, that's the ticket. You have nothing to worry about now except the joints being bad, in which case they can be replaced by buying a set of Hobbybase globe joints.
>>
>>5650529
Wait are the joints also resin?
>>
>>5650523
No, even with a recast you will have to get joints the majority of the time. This was the case with the recasts of the neuroi witch
>>
>>5648245
>>5647506
thread is dead. got a link to the figure where we can buy it?
>>
>>5650866
Here's the Ali link.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock-Gurren-Lagann-Yoko-Action-Figure-with-Joints-Unpainted-Garage-Resin-Figure/32521815638.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000013.1.eSVLW90
>>
Ordered one from Taobao a while back. It should (finally) arrive this week. I'll keep you guys updated.
>>
>>5651109
Sounds good. Keep us posted, Anon.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.