[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iron Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: htim7-33.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
htim7-33.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
I always see iron man toys being produced and i want to understand what makes one better than another. To me they look almost exactly the same with some MINOR cosmetic differences. I understand articulation discrepancies but I hear people always talking about the "best suit" which I don't get. Please explain what the differences are in terms of sculpt/accessories/what-have-you that makes one iron man better than another (in your opinion)

>tldr;
What's the fucken big deal between different iron men.
>>
Just get the SHF Mk VI and you're good. That's really as far as this discussion needs to go.
>>
>>5643600
Which are these ones?
>>
>>5643628
Hot Toys Marks IV, VII and VI from left to right.
>>
>>5643609
SHF 6 is terrible, proportion is off and face sculpt is just wrong. Later SHFs like 42, 43 and 45 are much much better.

Revoltech Mark 1, 2, 3, 5 and 7 are good figures too. Revoltech 45 is coming as well and has unibeam effect which is nice.

Mafex seems pricey but might be worth it. Figma I think is asking for too much.
>>
>>5643667
Its the best as far as articulation and playability go,though,and thats what matters to me.
>>
>>5643667
>proportion is off and face sculpt is just wrong
You forgot your overlay images with thought provoking filenames, SA.
>>
>>5643673
>articulation and playability
For that I really like the Revol Mini Mark 6. If you don't mind the size. And it looks more accurate than the SHF version.

I look forward to the day we get SHF Mark 3, since 4 looked like they reused the 6 mold.
>>
>>5643667
What's wrong with the Revo mk VI?
>>
was there ever a tony face for shf iron man? i have 45 and id kill for an alt head
>>
>>5643843
Nope. The Mafex 45 has one, though.
>>
>>5643841
Same with SHF basically, proportions are weird. Like they made the torso too thin to get articulation. Head sculpt is perfect though.

And they attached the shoulder armor to the body instead of the upper arm, and it doesn't work as well as it should.

All and all, I just don't want people to judge the other perfectly okay IM Revo on that particular one which happens to be their first and the worst. Same with the exclusive Mark 4.

As for 42, I like it, but the shoulders looks too wide. They didn't incorporate the joints to the sculpt as well as say the Mark 5 Revo, which might be the best Revoltech Iron Man. Also first run of 42 had shitty joints, rerelease Legacy version is much improved.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.