[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pawn Stars General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: pawnstars.jpg (10 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
pawnstars.jpg
10 KB, 227x222
Post any toys relating to Pawn Stars here. It can be toys based off the show or even ones that were featured in any episode.
>>
>>5638012
>Christ what next, Pawn Stars general?

Are you shitting me!?
>>
Wow.

Why are none of these obese as fuck.

Like Rick is the "thinnest" on the show and he is still 350lbs of hamburgers and bad life choices
>>
>>5638012
Does the Chumlee one come with sexual assault charges?
>>
File: johnny-jewmenez-jr.jpg (169 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
johnny-jewmenez-jr.jpg
169 KB, 1024x678
>>5638050

They all got those gastric bands so they're all skinnyfat now. I wonder if Johnny posts on /toy/ and scalps
>>
>>5638012
Why do people enjoy shows like this so much?
Pawn Stars, American Pickers and all shows like this just make me incredibly angry because the entire show is "haha, check this out, I can sell this thing for like $4,000 but I'm going to try and buy it for $150!"

Worst of all, now every faggot and their grandma thinks fucking everything is a hidden treasure and they all try and get top dollar for everything.

Shows like this have just created an entire generation of asshole scalpers that make being a collector pure suffering
>>
>>5638241
Still better than shit like Storage Wars.
>>
>>5638616
not really, at least in that they lose money sometimes.
>>
>>5638663
>at least in that they lose money sometimes.

Rick loses money a lot. Chumlee has wasted enough money buying junk. He bought that "authentic" Indian baby blanket that turned out to be a $5 fake because he was too impatient to wait for the authentication expert.

The Atmos clock... he paid $500 even though it wasn't working and found out it would cost $500 more to get it fixed.

Atmos clocks are valuable, IF they work, but if they break they require a trained repairman and parts that aren't made anymore. I had one in storage that I sold last year, that was working, put on craigslist and was sold within an hour. I was probably lucky it did work being in storage for 20+ years the way it was. Non-working, you have a fancy paperweight that costs big bucks to repair. Rick bought a $500 paperweight. He tends to get way too eager about some purchases, he should know better for as long as he's been doing this.
>>
>>5638663
Yeah but at least in pawn stars they're just scamming, not straight up taking other people's shit.
>>
>>5638241
well if it makes you feel better, every single one of those shows is very fake. Producers plant items in the storage lockers, they go to the homes on American Pickers and work out exactly what will be sold and for how much beforehand (so every time you see them "wear someone down" to sell something for cheaper, it's all lies) and for Pawn Stars they do the same--all the haggling is fake.
>>
>>5638663
>>5638705

This. There was an episode (an hour long special maybe?) where he goes to LA to sell his stuff at an auction, lost about $100k
>>
>>5638241
>Shows like this have just created an entire generation of asshole scalpers that make being a collector pure suffering

Fucking this
I hope all scalpers just fuck off and die, I don't even bother going to yard sales or second hand stores anymore because there are 500 other faggots that do it for a god damn living that just look up everything at the yard sale/store on eBay and try to flip it for quick cash

Half of the fun of collecting things was looking around and occasionally getting a really cool find. They have ruined that and made it a hobby for rich assholes and sub-urban kids that use "retro" shit as a fashion statement
>>
>>5640039
>>what is the antique industry
>>
>>5640057
Furbies and Gameboy Colours aren't antiques
>>
>>5638241
Second that, go to any garage/yard sale now and every fucking seller when asked how much gives you a goddamn mib ebay price.
>>
>>5638050
>millionarie
>bad life choices
>>
>>5640064
>seller when asked how much gives you a goddamn mib ebay price.
True, and that's why I don't bother on asking anymore.
>>
>>5640058
What about Battletoads?
>>
>>5638241
>shows like this just make me incredibly angry

You got problems
>>
>>5641763
Why, because I don't like seeing two little shits rip off a dedicated old man with a nice collection just so they can make a quick buck?

It always seems to me like the mark, I-I mean seller is so hesitant because whatever he is selling has history for him, it has a lot of sentimental value as well as monetary value.

Unless this show is 100% staged and they actually give these people fair prices, its just two con artists ripping off old collectors that probably just thought they were going to be on a nice TV show about collectors and their collections, but everyone I know that watches the show just thinks "Wow, these guys are so smart! They're making lots of money on junk!"
>>
>>5641928
Don't watch the shows then you idiot

For fucks sake, it's reality TV and it's not real.
>>
>>5641966
>Don't watch the shows then you idiot
I don't, but the whole concept pisses me off, and I can't escape the effects it has had on collecting anything just by ignoring the show.

Everyone is a fucking scummy scalper now
>>
>>5641673
>Rick... BATTLETOADS, rick
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
>>5641673
>watch pawn stars
>mfw see this in the back
Is meme magic real?
>>
I loved how pissy little misogynistic nobody Pat Contri was on the show, trying to "sell" his NWC cart. It was so obvious he was faking it to get his "people only know I exist because I blew James Rolfe" face on national TV. Anyone at all familiar with him knows if he wanted to sell it he'd do it direct for top dollar, and that's IF because he's too dumb to run an emulator, instead choosing to waste money on garbage, and he even refuses to get a girlfriend because his waste of money game carts mean more to him. He could emulate those games and get pussy, but you can only expect so much low intelligence from a Gamergate supporter. Christ, that man is going to die alone, and his entire collection will end up in a landfill when the state takes possession of the property because he had no heirs.
>>
>>5641928
I have issues with Pickers... mostly old people who "just can't sell it, ti means too much to me" over some piece of junk that''s sat outside in the weather for 40+ years, and is composed of 35% or more rust. You'd think if they cared about it at all they'd have taken care of it.

Plus most of it is in crap shape and everyone wants top dollar. $300 for fucking lanterns that look like they should be in a junkyard. Old metal signs that are barely legible for $100. I just see no collector value in those things, if I were collecting I'd want the nicest condition possible, but really this show is like someone asking $200 for a Fortress Maximus with no accessories and an arm broken off.
>>
>>5642605
I don't know who that is or what you're talking about, all I'm getting from this post is that it's either a massive hateboner or bait.
>>
>>5638241
>Why do people enjoy shows like this so much?
Because people who have no hobbies have a lot of time to waste watching ugly people doing stupid mundane shit
It's pretty much the same shit as watching the kardashians.
>>
>>5642610
I think both tbqh senpai
>>
>>5642605
I'm not sure what this post is, please spoonfeed
>>
>>5641100
I assume he was referring to his health and not his money.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.