[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War Planets and similar kind of toys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: war planets.jpg (73 KB, 433x432) Image search: [Google]
war planets.jpg
73 KB, 433x432
I have a lot of nostalgia for these War Planets toys. Post as much pics as you can of these toys and other similar toys such as Mighty Max.

Also I would like to know more about War Planets. I had a few of the planets and figures, including that deathstar like giant metal one but even back then they were mostly a mystery to me. For some reason I liked them though. I had these around the time I was beginning to stop playing with toys so I never got around to getting more of them. They remind me a lot of army men only with aliens and more colorful.
>>
>>5632843
the strategy game that came with one of these sets was amazing for a free game
>>
File: image.jpg (366 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366 KB, 1024x768
Here is one of the planets I had. I also had the ice one and maybe one other of the small ones. I know for sure I had two small ones and the deathstar one. If I remember correctly I think you could also buy the little figures separately to.

Is there a specific name for these kind of toys?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 635x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 635x400
>>5632850
Can you tell me more about it?

I mean I kind of do know why I have a stronger nostalgia for these toys then most other toys I had but I don't want to bother boring anyone. Especially not to start a thread. These things look so cool that they look perfect as decorative items to me.
>>
>>5632843
War Planets seriously needs a nostalgia fueled kickstarter to make some new toys like this.

I had the bone, tech and ice planets. My favourite was the tech planet, that opening door thing was the hypest shit and it had the best tanks and soldiers. I also had a bunch of the moons, though i've no idea if they were legit or bootleg, and would make a little solar system with all of them.

>>5632850
I'd like some info on this too, i had no idea there was a strategy game to go with it.
>>
>>5632866
>>5632886

War Planets: Age of Chaos
I don't remember what they bundled it with, maybe the planet that turned into a scorpion?
>>
File: 4384_50df0dad2df05.png (262 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
4384_50df0dad2df05.png
262 KB, 640x400
>>5634038
>>
File: 20160427_171237.jpg (3 MB, 1565x2383) Image search: [Google]
20160427_171237.jpg
3 MB, 1565x2383
Just picked this up a few weeks ago. Not sure if I should open it, I really wasn't expecting it to be in such great shape.
>>
>>5634172
Its a toy open itt
>>
l had the volcano and black one,my brother had the green tentacles one..
Pretty sure it's nostalgia, seeing them today they'd probably be not so good..but god, they were fucking awesome..
>>
>>5637888
Yeah it probably is the nostalgia. The planets themselves look pretty interesting. I don't think there was anymore than those 9 I posted and the big metallic planet eater one. Seeing how little replies this thread got I'm guessing these toys are mostly unknown. I have posted them a few times on nostalgia threads and many times someone asks what the hell are those toys.
>>
File: tmp_20859-$_1.JPG2010955593.jpg (52 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20859-$_1.JPG2010955593.jpg
52 KB, 400x300
this one was fun
>>
>>5632843
Here you go, OP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Raiders
>>
>>5632843
I deeply regret not taking better care of these as a kid. I have a few still lying around, missing most of their pieces.
>>
>>5632843
These and mighty max were the shit, why doesn't anyone make mini playsets anymore? They were always my favorite things to play with and they really let your imagination go wild
>>
>>5632843
They were based on my favourite show, which caused me a great deal of grief when it ended on a cliff hanger with planet reptilza looking to get wiped out.

I had the fire, beast and rock planet/battlemoon.

Though the sand planet is probably the best made and most interesting in the set. Also it was an absolute bitch getting most of the figs to stand up by themsevles
>>
>>5634038
I remember playing the game. I believe all of the planets came with a envelope you could mail off with 5 dollars or something in order to get the game... I remember because it came in the mail and my brother and I fought over it lol.
>>
Ice planet is only $30 on ebay right now.. fuckin rock and tech are goin for 70-90
>>
War Planets was probably the last great new IP for action toys, everything since has just been more of the same old stuff.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.