[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY study carboard sword & shield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: your D.jpg (15 KB, 570x386) Image search: [Google]
your D.jpg
15 KB, 570x386
I'm trying to organize a medieval style battle in my yard with some kids (14-21 sic!) Need help with the design of the swords that will be 99% cardboard.
At work i can make any shape i wish with a cutting laser but the damn things need to be study enough to last 1 battle(day) so i wont be called a cheapscake :)
Need some ideas in how to construct them and what the max lenght should be.
>>
File: board.jpg (783 KB, 1680x1118) Image search: [Google]
board.jpg
783 KB, 1680x1118
>>5632792
Forgot to mention have a ton of typical box carboards and silicone glue (for)now
>>
>>5632803
This probably belongs in /diy/.
But you could probably use the same techniques from this video to do it.
https://youtu.be/H8Vote4SdZw
>>
>>5633133
/diy/ or /po/

I would suggest buying $1 foam swords at the dollar store. They may also have $1 foam shields, or $1 foam paddleboards that just needs arm straps.

IMHO, cardboard weaponry strong enough to last several battles would probably be hard enough to hurt little kids.
>>
>>5632792
http://julianmcfaul.com/
This guy seems to have some ideas.
>>
File: PVR-Pipes-and-Fittings.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
PVR-Pipes-and-Fittings.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>cardboard
>medieval
>sword

fuuuuuccckkk that. It's 2000+SIXTEEN. It's the year we were graced by a new Star Wars trilogy.

Get a bunch of 2~3 feet pipes, attach a reducer fitting and make LIGHTSABERs! Attach an L-fitting to make a blaster. T-joint = rifle, etc.

Kids love Kylo Ren so let them all be Kylo Rens. That 1 or 2 token black kid you have in your clique can be the super special snowflake Finn. You're the oldest so you got dibs on being Harrison Ford (protip: u die) Got a kid in a wheelchair? He/she can be BB-8. That "volunteered" sexy GILF forced to help you out?? Leia Organa. So easy.
>>
if you have pallet box liners use those (the white L shaped cardboard that lines the edge of boxes on pallets) those are sturdy as fuck.

Just cut down the middle and they're roughly sword lenght and width.

slap 2-3 layers together and wrap tape all over it, it'll last you years
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.