[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenomorph General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 14
File: Snapchat-4523226949459816886.jpg (515 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4523226949459816886.jpg
515 KB, 1080x1920
I thought I would make another one of these since Alien Day is coming soon and alot of merchandise is coming soon. What is everyone most excited for?
>>
File: average neca thread.gif (1 MB, 410x200) Image search: [Google]
average neca thread.gif
1 MB, 410x200
>>5629797
The Celtic vs. Grid 2-pack from Neca.
>>
>>5629797

Really looking forward to whatever they've got lined up for the actual Kenner Xenos.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 752x564
BBTS is having a one day Alien sale and both the Lurker and Spitter are going for $69.99. Does anyone have either or both of them? I am thinking of getting the Spitter but I'm on the fence.
>>
>>5631901
$69.99 still seems pretty high considering it doesn't look much better than any of the xenos Neca put out for $20 a pop.

I want one to fill the role of praetorian in my collection.
It looks cool but the PAK prices are bullshit.
>>
>>5629797

has a predalien been announced?
>>
>>5636337
Not officially, but Randy has stated on Twitter that they will eventually get around to remaking their Alien vs Predator Requiem figures.

We probably won't see any prototypes until late 2017 at least.

The old one is basically statueshit, but it's still a cool figure. I'd recommend buying it if you can find it for less than $40.
>>
>>5631931
its bigger than a Neca so therefore it is better
>>
File: NECA-Alien-Xenomorph-Queen-4.jpg (270 KB, 1300x861) Image search: [Google]
NECA-Alien-Xenomorph-Queen-4.jpg
270 KB, 1300x861
>>5636368
They're not bigger than the alien queen, which can be bought for $30 more and is a much better figure in all aspects.

I really would consider buying these PAK aliens if they weren't so overpriced, as much as I hated the colonial marines game, the alien designs were pretty cool. I like the Spitter especially, but not for $69.99
>>
>>5629797
I know it's statueshit.. but this thing looks fuckin dank.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=TSiWpgAaSfk
>>
>>5636410
If that thing is any more than $150 it's a rip off.
>>
>>5636410
Shit that's awesome
>>
>>5636363

I have the old one sealed actually. I'd probably sell it since it's worth something nowadays, so long as we get a replacement.
>>
File: 2_waifus.jpg (60 KB, 689x689) Image search: [Google]
2_waifus.jpg
60 KB, 689x689
>>5636375

I have the Queen and found it pretty disappointing desu. For one thing the paint is nowhere near as good as that pic. The inner jaw pieces don't fit in her mouth and there is some weird frosting qc on parts of mine.

And all the added articulation doesn't make much difference when she is still basically statueshit that needs to use a stand.
>>
>>5636410
>statueshit
>>
>>5631901
>Does anyone have either or both of them?
I have the spitter, and at one time I had the Luker as well.

They are very over priced for what you get. They are both kind of a mess that either have to be posed crouched, or supported by the aweful stand that is included. He looks nice enough just standing there, but hes such a pain in the ass the ass pose, I haven't touched him since I bought him.

The lurker was just a fucking disaster. Luckily I bought them from amazon so I just returned it.
>>
>>5629804

Wait WHAT? This is happening? Is it in special colors or whatever?

People made fun of me for getting only Chopper and Scar and not picking up Grid...
>>
>>5636448

> that amount of detail and paint for $150

You really don't know shit about how value works.
>>
>>5636684
>For one thing the paint is nowhere near as good as that pic

Lighting is key, the queen is never seen fully lit up like in your pic

>The inner jaw pieces don't fit in her mouth

They do, they're just a pain in the ass because the socket is on a weird angle.

>there is some weird frosting qc on parts of mine

Mine has a couple of splotchy areas too, but it's nothing terrible considering it's still a mass produced piece.
>>
File: Sideshow_darth_vader_statue.jpg (428 KB, 1168x1752) Image search: [Google]
Sideshow_darth_vader_statue.jpg
428 KB, 1168x1752
>>5636695
>statueshit
>no moving parts
>awful shading
>QC errors out the wazoo

Sideshow is garbage, it has no value.
>>
File: neca promo.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1185) Image search: [Google]
neca promo.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1185
>>5636705

Well I can't get my inner jaws to fit and stay locked, so maybe yours is different.

Also the paint on the promo model is definitely superior to the production pieces, see pic related. I don't think it's a bad piece, but it's not the grail I wanted.
>>
>>5636719
It's certainly not without its issues, but if someone was to ask me what I'd choose between a $70 PAK alien or a $100 Neca alien queen, I'd pick the queen every time.
>>
>>5636705
>it's still a mass produced piece.

all assembled by the same person?
>>
>>5636723
No, but sweatshop gooks have a tendency to mess up paint apps every now and then.
>>
>>5636722
Ah I see. Brand Loyalty.
>>
>>5636715

You know, statues aren't inherently less valuable than plastic with moving parts right?

Don't take /toy/ memes and apply them to the real world.
>>
File: funko.jpg (46 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
funko.jpg
46 KB, 752x564
>>5636722

I'd agree with that, but it's not like there is much competition in the Alien action figure market.

pic related looks fun.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (242 KB, 1914x874) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
242 KB, 1914x874
>>5636410
What a piece of shit.
>>
File: funko2.jpg (59 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
funko2.jpg
59 KB, 752x564
>>5636738
>>
>>5636726
>You know, statues aren't inherently less valuable than plastic with moving parts right?

They are to me. What good is an alien that can't even open its mouth?
>>
File: IMG_0908.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0908.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5636743

> it needs the moving jaws to be good!

C'mon every other figure does this already. The Mcfarlane Queen is one of my favorites in my collection and it looks fine with gritted translucent teeth.

As was previously mentioned anyway, you aren't going to get much posability/play out of a giant sized Alien Queen/king anyway, they NEED a stand of some kind to stay upright.
>>
>>5631931
>>5636686

Thanks anons, I let the deal slip by and was kinda regretting it but I feel better about it now.
>>
>>5636754
>C'mon every other figure does this already. The Mcfarlane Queen is one of my favorites in my collection and it looks fine with gritted translucent teeth

McFarlane figures are borderline statueshit anyways. Yeah that was a great figure until the Neca queen came along and blew it out of the water in pretty much every way possible.

>you aren't going to get much posability/play out of a giant sized Alien Queen/king anyway, they NEED a stand of some kind to stay upright.

I don't mind using a stand. It's a fair trade off for articulation.
>>
>>5636769

I have both queens and they are both borderline statueshit in my eyes.

> more points of articulation!

Doesn't matter, the stand and body-shape kills dynamic poses.
>>
>>5636812
You can make her stand like a t-rex, or turn her body, coil her tail however you want, move her arms in any direction, that's pretty much all I wanted from her.

What did you expect? Revoltech level shenanigans?
>>
File: Pallisades.jpg (87 KB, 672x1023) Image search: [Google]
Pallisades.jpg
87 KB, 672x1023
>>5636823

You can do those things with the Mcfarlane too, minus some articulation in the arms. She even has the waist swivel.

None of it is really that impressive and you will end up leaving it in a pose on your shelf for months anyway.

So I don't see the problem with > statueshit of big Aliens that can't pose without stands.

Oh and the Revelotech Queen is another Tripod that needs a stand.
>>
File: statue.jpg (34 KB, 522x482) Image search: [Google]
statue.jpg
34 KB, 522x482
This statue is pretty neat.
>>
>>5636812
Man you suck at playing with toys. I get all kinds of movement out of my NECA queen and I rarely use the stand.
>>
>>5637012

lol k, show me some pics of your "dynamic" poses without the stand.
>>
>>5637019
Not him, but why do you hate using stands so much?

Most good figures come with a stand, they don't all need them, but for some poses they are absolutely necessary.

The alien queen is a very top heavy design, so of course it's going to be tricky to pose her without the stand.
>>
>>5636686
What is that little big chap next to the spitter?
>>
>>5637031
Herocross Alien Hybrid Metal Figuration.

Don't bother, it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>5637029

I never said I hated them, if you paid attention you'd see that I think it's dumb to hate on statueshit while heaping praise on staction-figures
>>
>>5631901
I have them both. At first i was going to only pick the spitter but now i like the lurker much more. They are very detailed and have many articulations.
They are pretty neat and i'm super happy to have them. Plus the lurker comes with a second, wounded head that is cool and Spitter has smoll facehugger.
Definitely a must have to me.
>>
>>5636742
for fuck's sake....
>>
>>5636742

>DOITFAGGOT.png
>>
>>5637817
>Definitely a must have

Maybe if they weren't so expensive. I'd love a Spitter but after watching several reviews I'm convinced it's not worth more than $40.
>>
>>5629797
>don't talk to me or my sons ever again.
>>
>>5637817
That's why I was leaning towards the Spitter more. The face hugger looks cute but I'm getting the creature pack anyways. I will probably pick them up one day or at least the Spitter.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.