[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ES Gokin Samurai Pizza Cats News
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 16
File: Cgxf8M0U0AA0gC5.jpg (164 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Cgxf8M0U0AA0gC5.jpg
164 KB, 1024x768
Supreme Catatonic is coming in September. Speedy rerelease is coming in November. Polly and Guido are coming next year. All these are going to get wider releases than Speedy's initial 2013 release, so they should be easier to get your hands on.
>>
>>5628679
Glad to see the line is alive! Hope we get some color proto of Polly and Guido at Summer WF.
>>
File: CgyjVUiUgAAGcQ3.jpg (246 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
CgyjVUiUgAAGcQ3.jpg
246 KB, 1024x1365
Sign with aforementioned release dates. A company rep mentioned late last year that there were also SPC vinyl figures in progress, but it doesn't look like there was any news on them.
>>
File: 181-1024x570.jpg (83 KB, 1024x570) Image search: [Google]
181-1024x570.jpg
83 KB, 1024x570
>>5628685
>Hope we get some color proto of Polly and Guido at Summer WF.
Agreed! It looks like they weren't on show at all at Super Festival here. But for anyone curious, here's what they looked like last time they were on display. Note that Guido's using copies of Polly's shoulder armor here, but his design render first shown a few years back had the proper ones, so that's probably just this particular prototype not being quite finished yet.
>>
File: CgyduScUUAEH0b-.jpg (280 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
CgyduScUUAEH0b-.jpg
280 KB, 1024x1365
>>5628697
Also speaking of placeholders, they've been showing ES Gokin Supreme Catatonic holding ES Gokin Dancougar's sword recently. We already know that Catatonic's going to come with the fishbone lance and the fish gun, so I'm not quite sure what's going on with them showing him holding Dancougar's sword, unless it's a placeholder for the dual katanas it used in the finale to destroy the comet?
>>
>>5628679

Shame that the battle armor can't be changed for their regular pizza shop attire, too.

As far as Nyagoking goes, I actually like the ES Gokin better than the Dynamite Action. Proportions are somewhat messed up on both (ES is too chibi, Dynamite isn't chibi enough), but the ES Gokin looks closer to how it should look to me.
>>
File: yattarou-frame.gif (415 KB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
yattarou-frame.gif
415 KB, 1754x1240
>>5629505
>Shame that the battle armor can't be changed for their regular pizza shop attire, too.
That would have been great. There actually is some official production art for what the frame under the pizzeria uniforms and battle gear looks like, so theoretically you could make a figure with swappable parts like that. But then trying to add the extra flight armor on top of the normal battle gear might make things a bit complicated.
>As far as Nyagoking goes, I actually like the ES Gokin better than the Dynamite Action. Proportions are somewhat messed up on both (ES is too chibi, Dynamite isn't chibi enough), but the ES Gokin looks closer to how it should look to me.
I got the Dynamite Action and while it's not a terrible figure, I think it's really overpriced for what it is. For something close to $200 I expected less obvious paint flaws, seams, and weird molding around the joints. The spear also lacking telescoping action and the fish sheath parts is a bit disappointing, but at least the ES Gokin will have those.
>>
>>5628679
Are we getting any more character figures beyond the main three? Because I'd personally love one of Big Cheese and Bad Bird
>>
>>5629884
I also want Karamaru.
>>
>>5629693
>I got the Dynamite Action and while it's not a terrible figure, I think it's really overpriced for what it is. For something close to $200 I expected less obvious paint flaws, seams, and weird molding around the joints. The spear also lacking telescoping action and the fish sheath parts is a bit disappointing, but at least the ES Gokin will have those.

Good to know, that makes choosing the ES Gokin easier. At first I wasn't planning on buying either, but I love super robots and the fansub project coming along is rekindling my interest for the franchise. I'm also thinking on buying Yattaro.

Sometimes I wonder if the guy so devoted on starting Pizza Cats/Teyandee threads on /toy/ and the one doing those subs are the same dude.
>>
File: snapshot20060907063126.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20060907063126.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
>>5629884
None that have been announced yet. But if these sell well enough, I supposed the possibility is there. There was also talk of upcoming SPC vinyl figures from the same company making the ES Gokins, so we might see more characters there.
>>5630147
>Sometimes I wonder if the guy so devoted on starting Pizza Cats/Teyandee threads on /toy/ and the one doing those subs are the same dude.
You caught me.
>>
>>5630522
>You caught me.

Really? Seems like my hunch was right then. If you really are the same guy I can't thank you enough. Even with my little understanding of japanese I easily noticed how inaccurate the official subs were, so discovering your project just after that letdown was great.

I've been wanting to leave a post of encouragement on your blog for a while now. I know how time consuming subbing a show is, so I understand perfectly the hard work that goes into it. It's easy to tell how much you love the show because you're doing an awesome job. Don't give up!
>>
File: Cg4qIW0UkAMaQ6W.jpg (104 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Cg4qIW0UkAMaQ6W.jpg
104 KB, 1024x576
>>5630592
Thanks a lot! It's always great to hear some words of encouragement like this. Glad to know my work is being appreciated.

If anyone else is reading the thread, here's the blog in question: http://digitalshokunin.tumblr.com/ I've been working on a resubbing project there since the official subs have some issues, varying from mistranslattions to censorship to smaller, more nitpicky things.
>>
>>5630645
Kinda hated how the called the Koon no Kami as "Korn".
>>
File: 12062201.gif (19 KB, 510x624) Image search: [Google]
12062201.gif
19 KB, 510x624
>>5630668
Yeah, that kinda bugged me too. I mean, it's a valid romanization, but I can't help but think of the metal band of the same name when I see it written that way. I'm going with "Kohn" in my resubs for the time being. I'm also translating the "kami" title as "Lord", in pretty much the same way as the Discotek subs did (although they were sometimes inconsistent about it). Not 100% accurate maybe, but one of my goals for this thing is that where I can I want things to remain natural and not involve too much fancy jargon. This is a comedy, and I find comedy is usually funniest when things are spelled out plain and simple.
>>
>>5630645
>>5630707
Keep up the good work and I'll have an excuse to rewatch this show again hopefully with better accuracy. As much as I love the gag dub, I did enjoy watching the show in Japanese, there was a lot of dumb references and jokes I didn't pick up until now.

If I wasn't so strapped for space or money I'd totally pick up a Nyago King, but I'll just wait and pray more stuff gets released soon.
>>
File: ESPC3.jpg (309 KB, 795x800) Image search: [Google]
ESPC3.jpg
309 KB, 795x800
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/190557/
A few official promo pics for Speedy and Catatonic here.
>>
>>5632582
Both look incredible. I hope we'll see POs go up on the various sites soon.
>>
>>5632582
Yattarou doesn't have knee joints, right? I know that the legs are pretty short, but if they managed to add elbows on those arms, they should have included knee joints too.
>>
File: ESPC5.jpg (238 KB, 539x800) Image search: [Google]
ESPC5.jpg
238 KB, 539x800
>>5633424
Nope, no knee joints. That's about the only complaint I can have with the figure, though. I have one from the first release, and it's really great.
>>
>>5632582
>100 bucks
My childhood nostalgia isn't worth getting ripped off this badly, especially when I get a hi-end figure for half the price. It hurts.
>>
File: ESPC4.jpg (406 KB, 959x800) Image search: [Google]
ESPC4.jpg
406 KB, 959x800
>>5633030
Well,here's at least on place that has started taking preorders for Speedy and the Catatonic:
http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/inshop-mall/ES%E5%90%88%E9%87%91/-/sid.220332-st.A
>>5633554
It's a very small company making figures for a relatively niche IP. They've got to make a profit off of it somehow. And if these don't sell, then the IP will just be seen as unprofitable and it will go back to being abandoned like it was up until 2012.
>>
This might be a stupid question but I remember a few years ago toys came out that weren't allowed to be sold in Japan, so will these guys be released on the regular stores like Amiami and HLJ?
>>
File: ESPC1.jpg (515 KB, 1200x784) Image search: [Google]
ESPC1.jpg
515 KB, 1200x784
>>5633586
Speedy's initial release back in 2013 was hampered by rights issues (most likely with Sotsu//Bandai, since they still own Japanese merch rights for the show). That meant you had to search around Hong Kong based shops and such for him. But this time the rights issues have been cleared up, so you should be able to get them from HLJ and AmiAmi and such. The Speedy set to be released this year is is a rerelease of that one, so you won't have missed out on anything.
>>
File: ESN2.jpg (326 KB, 660x800) Image search: [Google]
ESN2.jpg
326 KB, 660x800
http://www.artstorm.co.jp/esgokin_series.html
Looks like Art Storm's official shop is taking pre orders too. I imagine it won't be long before HLJ and AmiAmi and such start taking them.
>>
>>5633519
Sounds nendotastic, but there's diecast right?
>>
File: es160505.jpg (86 KB, 664x960) Image search: [Google]
es160505.jpg
86 KB, 664x960
>>5633659
Some, not a lot. In Speedy's case it's just his upper torso and the breastplate for the ad-on flight armor. In Catatonic's case it's the upper torso, the shins, and the feet, so it should be fairly weighty.
>>
>>5633586
PO is up!
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-018965&page=top
>>
File: ESPC2.jpg (292 KB, 767x800) Image search: [Google]
ESPC2.jpg
292 KB, 767x800
>>5634914
OP here, thanks for posting the news while I was away at work. Hope these things sell well so that we can see companies doing even more with the IP in he future.
>>
>>5633585
fuck, fine. it's out of my november budget but I'll manage somehow.
I read the translated interview thank you!
the showrunners are fun people.
>>
>>5628697
a more wide hips for her will be much better...
>>
>>5634914
Whats the chance of HLJ getting this?
>>
>>5637098
It's already up on HLJ.
>>
>>5637098
>>5637118
http://hlj.com/product/few96420
http://hlj.com/product/few96574
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.