[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Info About the new SDCC Figure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: sdcclogo-486x600.png (136 KB, 486x600) Image search: [Google]
sdcclogo-486x600.png
136 KB, 486x600
Guys, look at this info i got about the SDCC Dragon Ball Figure.

"According to Alex Blas from Ageless Geeks, the SDCC will:

Not be a hero
Not be a new figure
We may have mixed feelings about it"

What figure may they launch that day? Do you have any clues, or more "Top Secret info." we should know? :) i'll be here reading your comments.
>>
Maybe a Cell PCE? Guess no, i don´t have Cell normal for its price now, can't imagine Cell PCE SDCC
>>
Inb4 Vegeta repaint.

>Not be a hero
Vegeta
>Not be a new figure
Vegeta
>We may have mixed feelings about it"
Half of you will be "YAY VEGETA OVER 9000 LOL", the other half will be "Fuck, not another Vegeta.
>>
>>5608041
>Inb4 Vegeta
What do you mean with "Inb4" ? Hope will be that figure and not a Bardock or Cell PCE, by the way, with the story, did vegeta become a hero too right? He ain't bad guy anymore, don't he? So that's why i don't think the figure will be Vegeta.
>>
Exclusives for this line are the dumbest thing. Every one of the exclusives would have sold fine as a regular release, all they do is dick over people.
>>
>>5608040
Oh man, that's just asking for people to buy the upcoming Datong Cell instead.
>>
>>5608071
Hahahah, right, but Datong is is deeply asleep right now, there's many Chinese Companies doing copies fast as they could, But datong is going down for me ( In Work Speed i mean) Hope they release that Cell soo.
>>
>>5608064
Exclusives for conventions in general are the dumbest thing ever.
>>
>>5608089
Totally Right, but, maybe someone knows more info about this release?
>>
>>5608089
Exclusives at all are the dumbest thing.

It's at best a hassle for your customers and typically is just more of a gimme for the reseller market than anyone.

How many thousands of sdcc goku hit ebay during and right after comic con?

Fucking Walgreens exclusives? Regional exclusives? All crap for consumers.
>>
>>5608064
>Every one of the exclusives would have sold fine as a regular release
Do you mean just the SDCC exclusives or including the web exclusives?

Because if it's the web exclusives, it turning its releases into them was because the line wasn't selling and has been only going along as well as it has because it's been selling well in the USA more than Japan.
>>
>>5608121
Given the context of the thread, very clearly they meant con exclusives.
>>
Cell, broly, or frieza pretty much, you can technically count the androids and vegeta as villains, but I doubt it'll be the androids.

I think they already announced that cell re-color, so it probably won't be him, so broly or frieza.
>>
File: blue cell.jpg (142 KB, 660x700) Image search: [Google]
blue cell.jpg
142 KB, 660x700
>>5608030
>Not be a hero
>Not be a new figure
>We may have mixed feelings about it"
>>
>>5608084
There are other companies that are going (good) bootlegged DBZ stuff?

We've already got pictures of Datong Cell and Frieza (albeit test samples), so hopefully it won't be too long.
>>
>>5608064
>>5608089
>>5608119
>a product that people have greater incentive to buy over standard releases, will actually flock to an event just to get, all the while attracting greater attention to their stand and future products?
>dumbest thing ever
>implying it's not fantastic for business
As long as people keep buying them up, exclusives are a great idea, for the companies that make or sell them. Nobody gives a shit how hard it is for you to get them, that's none of their concern. Ending up on eBay? Who cares, a sale is a sale.
Go cry about it and how you'll boycott the company or refuse to buy their shit. Unless this happens en mass, they don't give a fuck about you.
>>
>>5608199

Datong Frieza came out months ago, and it is supposedly a pretty good figure.
>>
piccolo daimao
>>
File: jew intensifies.png (136 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
jew intensifies.png
136 KB, 500x427
>>5608210
Good goyim
>>
>>5608210
They would have sold more figures as a general release. The only people who know about the exclusives are already current customers, and the businesses that most benefit from them are resellers.

Let alone that bluefin doesn't EVER base their booths around exclusives like you would seem to think they do.
>>
>>5608210
Maybe if you actually read your own posts you'd realize that you sound like a shill.
>>
>>5608121

> I have no idea what I'm talking about the post.

Web exclusives are made to order and never intended for retail release. It's not like they take polls and decide from there.
>>
>>5608121
tell me why black widow is exclusive
>>
>>5608121
>because the line wasn't selling
Hasn't been the case for web exclusives in a long time.
Many web exclusives nowadays is just so Bandai can pocket more money, see most recently: SHFSS Kuuga Ultimate, Chaser.
>>
>>5608222
I'm not being a shill, I'm just thinking from a business point of view, which is what companies are doing. Of course exclusives fucking suck for the consumer, and of course it would be better if they didn't exist, but for the reason I stated they aren't going away because they print money.
>>
>>5608241
Again, they only print money for resellers.

That last comic con exclusive would have sold waaaay more as a regular release than a con exclusive.
>>
>>5608241
Yeah, they print money for the resellers.
Making them online exclusives would honestly be preferable to this sort of bullshit.
>>
>>5608241

Bandai produces far more web exclusives than retail releases for any given month. They are more than happy to produce smaller runs for the people that actually want the figure, but not enough to justify the retail production.

That IS the business model. It's not any sort of compromise.
>>
>>5608249
I don't follow, are you arguing for or against exclusives from a business standpoint?
>>
>>5608241
>print money
More like an incentive to make people go to the conventions (as it's the convention holder's decision, not Bandai's),

Otherwise, Bandai would just sell them as web exclusives.
>>
>>5608254

It seemed you were presenting this case where exclusive releases all run contrary to retail releases or that it was some business decision to turn retail releases into exclusives when that's not the case at all.

Exclusives are planned as such.
>>
>>5608273
Oh, right. Not exactly. I was merely pointing out why exclusives exist, and why regardless of the frustration and bullshit it puts consumers though, why they aren't going to go away any time soon.
>>
>>5608270
The convention holder doesn't force companies to produce exclusives. That's absurd.
>>
>>5608270
But that's exactly what I said here >>5608210

>a product that people have greater incentive to buy over standard releases, will actually flock to an event just to get, all the while attracting greater attention to their stand and future products
>>
>>5608284
Nobody is running to comic con just to get bluefin exclusives. It makes way more sense to just buy them from resellers at that point, by far, which again is just funneling money to resellers when they would have sold more as a general release.

Again, the people who know about the exclusives already follow the line. They know about their upcoming products. This isn't for newcomers. Any consumers who nab an exclusive on site are incidental.
>>
>>5608284
I misunderstood you (thought you were talking about Bandai themselves, my mistake.)
>>5608281
I meant rather, they pay Bandai to produce the exclusives. Otherwise (if Bandai would have planned to make the figures themselves), it'd just be web exclusives.
>>
HAH, OP made Alex mad
>>
>>5608294
>Otherwise (if Bandai would have planned to make the figures themselves), it'd just be web exclusives.
That would actually be better.
>>
>>5608305
It definitely would for Bandai and everyone else...
>>
>>5608294
Do you have any source whatsoever that comic con funds the production of exclusive figures released at the con? Especially considering how comic con isn't the only con bluefin has sold some exclusives at? Remember when sdcc namek goku was mexico exclusive?
>>
It's Cell. There was a twitter post that confirmed it but it was quickly erased.
>>
>>5608313

Haha yeah all the mexicunts listed them on ebay the same day for ssj3 Goku prices. Then the next week the same figure was released at the american con and now he's like $150.
>>
>>5608041
Wond
>>
>>5608382

Lol just checked and they're are still a few up at $500+. Ebay fees must have gone down.
>>
>>5608327
screenshot?
>>
Sure, but, do anyone remember the past conventions of figures, i don´t remember where they were placed, people post a lot of photos and they where a lot of cells, that reminds me that those Cells could be a clue for the next release, which probably is Cell, hope no, i hate people who buy up to 5 copies just for them, i know they have the money and they spent their money in theirselfs, but that affect us. And more hate to those ReSellers who buy the figure with normal price and they re sell the toy 200% more expensive, fuck all of them.
>>
>>5608620
There is zero chance after last year that bluefin will handle this well. Most will go to obvious resellers, they won't sell any on the bluefin premium shop, and they will instead sell what used to be for that to bbts and other sites at a high markup.
>>
>just paid sort-of scalper price for an unsealed Cell
>Datong is now making one
>SDCC might be Cell
>recolor might be out soon

JUST
>>
>>5608663
we have dbz generals all the time why did you not ask in there before buying?
>>
>>5608663
I hope you are a new collector in the line. It's fine if you are. Many of us got fucked starting in this line one way or another. It's almost a rite of passage.
>>
>>5608683
Speak for yourself slowpoke
>>
>>5608748
Ditto. I missed out on cell, Frieda and vegeta cause I was buying sh figuarts mmpr instead but I've never paid scalper prices even for the ones whose preorders I missed.
>>
A guy told me that there will be a friend of him in the SDCC and some guys who work there told him that the next SDCC gonna Be Cell for sure, that's why the "we may have mixed feelings 'bout it" That's because that figure won't be normal release, just special. Screw you Bandai
>>
>>5608827
like mexigoku? the only version of that character that has a figuarts. Seriously bandai and bluefin definitely pissed people off with that move, I don't see why they want to do that again.
>>
>>5608748
>>5608824
That's why I said things like "many" and "almost". Fucking retards.
>>
>>5608851
They don't have the fault at all, i mean yeah they have, but around 40% the other 60% are the resellers who buy The figure with a normal price, but some seconda after they resell the figure up to 300% more expensive.
>>
>>5609091
which is completely bandai's fault, if it was a normal release there wouldn't be and issue. Shit I'd take a booster set with some stickers and the belt for 15 bucks. Hopefully they make another one with the better articulation sometime in the future
>>
>>5609112
These arent fucking walmart toys, the belt and stickers alne would be $30
>>
Do you guys know when the Suicide Squad 6-inch figures come out? going to walmart every week hoping to see the Deadshot. Soon as I get it, the Will Smith head will be thrown in the the accessory bin

Would appreciate an exact date they come out please and thank you.
>>
>>5610839
someone answer me goddammit.
>>
>>5609842
Are... Are you joking? They might charge that, but you could bet it would cost them cents for that.

>>5610839
>>5611117
Now now, a hissy fit will get you nowhere.
>>
>>5611178
i apologize. I was not being serious, just wanted to bump the thread.
>>
File: zincpest.jpg (44 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
zincpest.jpg
44 KB, 960x720
>>5611178
>Are... Are you joking? They might charge that,
Welcome to /toy/, where they actually believe Japanese products are made of the highest quality zinc and tin ever that's been folded a million times over and why their toys cost so much
>>
>>5611222
We don't think that. We just know japanese products are much better than western products. Specifically toys.
>>
File: bandai cap.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bandai cap.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
>>5611257
$20 toy gets you this in Japan.
Much better than $20 toys from the west.

Or you know, shit is just overpriced as fuck over there.
>>
>>5611272
I literally just got back from japan.

You can get way better shit than that for $20.

You can get way better shit than that for $10.

You have no idea what $20 can buy you in japan.
>>
File: amazon prices.jpg (108 KB, 1245x532) Image search: [Google]
amazon prices.jpg
108 KB, 1245x532
>>5611286
>You can get way better shit than that for $20.
>if it's on sale
>found in discount stores
>if it's blind/random boxed toys, that make up their money by kids buying doubles and triples
>not licensed/popular
Even their cheap shit budget toys are more expensive, yet feature less paint and articulation than western equivalents of much popular franchises.
Hell, they're not even packaged to save on that expense, which can be half the cost of producing the figure itself.

You might as well be telling me and believe in their plastics being folded a million times, which is why they're so superior and worth the cost.
>>
>>5611272
that's probably the best Cap figure Ive ever seen. It's unique. It isn't traditional which I like. They had balls to try something different. Shows that they're imaginative. Plus it isnt a tryhard like the other cap figures.
>>
File: img_bg02.png (167 KB, 1830x966) Image search: [Google]
img_bg02.png
167 KB, 1830x966
>>5611324
Yeah, Disk Wars was filled with cool re-designs.
>>
File: latest.png (125 KB, 766x414) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
125 KB, 766x414
>>5611340
Sadly, Kawaii Waifu Wasp didn't receive a figure. Fuck.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.