[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've had second thoughts on buying a figure from Amiami
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
So I've had second thoughts on buying a figure from Amiami and want to cancel the order but I just found out they don't do cancellations. Have any of you guys ever canceled an order from Amiami? I'm planning on buying more stuff from them and have an order coming at the end of the month. The figure I want to cancel doesn't come out til August so there shouldn't really be an issue right?
>>
>>5605854
You can cancel as long as you have a good reason. They won't be happy about it.
>>
>>5605854
Amiami is great as long as you're sure of your purchases. If you're new to shopping with them I wouldn't dick around with cancellations. If you contact them regarding a cancellation and be polite they're usually understanding enough, but they still don't like it and might be less forgiving if you're never bought much from them before.

I'd say either make up your mind, or go to HLJ for the item.
>>
If it's your first time, they might allow it if you send them a polite email. But don't make a habit of it or they'll ban your account.
>>
>>5605855
>>5605857
>>5605859
Any tips on how the email should go? I'm not the best at them
>>
>>5605854
Buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff and choose USAL as the shipping method then open a non delivery claim with PayPal
>>
>>5605869
Hey greedy nips,
I don't want your shitty toys any more. Take this off my order or I'll nuke you fucks again. You got that Shortround? Bing bong ching chong.
Many thanks,
Anon
>>
>>5605854
Solution : stop acting irresponsible. Preorder stuff if you're sure you want them. Pay for your stuff.
>>
I've just straight up not paid for like 3 preorders and haven't been banned yet.

I wouldn't recommend this though, I've just gotten lucky so far and don't intend to let it happen again.
>>
>>5605892
Because your not allowed to make one mistake, I want everything else I ordered from them I just don't want the one figure anymore

>>5605898
See I would do that but it's a combined order with some other stuff I want
>>
>>5605854
The issues is that they clearly states no cancellations . So it'll be up to them if they allows your request or not. you might get a csr that is in a bad mood and just cancel all your preorders in your account. Or just ban you for not reading the rules before you buy from them .
>>
>>5605903
So what if they make just 1 mistake can cancel your whole preorder , I mean it's just 1 mistake ,clearly you'll be fine will it.
>>
>>5605903
I've heard they're a bit more lenient toward "partial" order cancellations so you should be ok.
>>
Just do what I do; bite the bullet, pay for the item, and just sell it on eBay or in the BST.
>>
>>5605917
This nigga has the right idea

I Pre-ordered the Link Between worlds Figma on amiami before I knew of GSC'S Jewish DX Edition.
Pre-ordered both because I want the DX version and can't back out of amiami. I'm just going to sell the original on craigslist or tell this guy who runs an anime shop to sell it for me.
>>
>>5605854
Maybe you shouldn't be in this hobby if you're so wishy-washy with what you buy.
>>
>>5605916
actually it's the other way around, partial order cancellation will give them more work.
>>
>>5605909
Canceling an entire order is different from canceling one single pre order

>>5605927
I've bought over 20 figures so far and have not regretted buying any of them except for this one pre order, I don't think that's wishy-washy
>>
>>5605869
Say you're in a jam. I usually stick to my relatively big orders so they'll let smaller things slide. Medical emergency is a good excuse. I just said I was in a jam since graduation fees came up and they let a figure and a partial cancellation slide without any repercussions.

Or they can do a one time cancellation of all your orders, I had that done last year when I was in some serious shit.
>>
>>5605872
Most people aren't subhuman scum.

>>5605929
I see, well shows what I know hah. I've never had a situation where I needed to cancel so I'm curious reading everyone's experiences.
>>
>>5605903
No, you're not. Stop acting like an entitled child and think a little before you preorder next time.
>>
>>5605934
1 out of 20 is actually a damn lot.
>>
>>5605869
Didn't you ever take English classes at school? Ok I'll spoonfeed you:

Dear Amiami,
I would like to cancel part of the my order no. xxxxxxx. Due to ________ (insert excuse - make it a good one) I am unable to fulfill my purchase of _________ (insert figure). I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and I assure you that this will not happen again.
Yours faithfully,
Anon
>>
>>5605958
How am I acting like an entitled child?
>>
>>5605961
5% is a lot to you?
>>
>>5605962
I meant as in what are good excuses?
>>
>>5605969
Just be honest about it. Well, at least a little basis in honesty (like money problems). I'm pretty sure they can sniff out bad liars after being in business this long.
>>
>>5605969
"I've bought a weed so I can't pay anymore"
>>
>>5605965
Definitely. I've ordered close to 800 toys since I started collecting. I cancelled 1 and that's because the preorders opened with proto pics and the final product was changed.
>>
>>5606073
Meant to >>5605967 obviously.
>>
>>5605965
>Because your not allowed to make one mistake
>>
Tell us what it is you didn't want
>>
File: 1435583727348.png (19 KB, 650x349) Image search: [Google]
1435583727348.png
19 KB, 650x349
>>5605917
>>5605922
It's not the right idea. Just email them and ask to cancel, it's not the end of the world. If you're not doing it very often (or at all) they won't ban you. Pic related.

>>5605855
They don't give a shit though, you don't need to come up with a story. Typing "Please cancel X figure from Y order" is enough.
>>
Pretty new to toys, first time ordering from them. How long should I expect to wait?
>>
They'll demand a severed pinky wrapped up in today's newspaper.
>>
>>5607044
Depends what shipping option you picked.

EMS = depending on your country's customs and postal service, less than a week
SAL = again depending on your country, average 2-3 weeks, can be longer in some cases.
>>
>>5606501
The Lucina rerelease
>>
>>5607049
Ok thanks. [spoiler]I just checked and saw the thing I was planning to buy raised in price so I'm probably going to skip it, atleast I have them for upcoming releases.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5605854
>ordered from a store
>clear as day they don't do cancellations
>try to cancel

How fucking poor are you that you order something and then have to cancel the order? For a toy. Jesus
>>
>>5607177
to be fair, sometimes you'll see the same thing for cheaper right after you send the order.
>>
>>5607337
To be fair that doesn't change shit. You place the preorder, you take the responsibility.
>>
>>5607571
To be fair, you should have a week to be able to cancel pre-orders.
>>
>>5607591
They say up front they don't do cancellations, so no, to "be fair", they don't have to give you a week.

Amiami's discounts are higher than most stores. They don't owe you cancellations. Don't order things you don't want or can't afford.

If you need to be able to cancel an order, start using HLJ. Their happy to accommodate.
>>
>>5607591
No, they shouldn't. YOU shouldn't place a preorder unless you're 100% sure you want to buy this from that store at that price.
>>
>>5607602
>>5607598
Amiami is shit, HLJ, Nippon Yasan and Hobby Search have a pre-order cool off period.

Even better reason not to buy from these motherfuckers then.
>>
>>5607602
>place pre-order
>get in fatal accident and die months before item becomes in stock
>NO KANSERU FAKKU YUU SAKKU MAH SUMOORU PEENEESU
>>
>>5607614
Totally the same as having second thoughts or being so poor you shouldn't collect toys. Idiot.
>>
>>5607614
so are you telling us your life is worth less than a amiami preorder? that's kinda sad.
are you trying do a partial cancellation on life too?
>>
>>5607614
Any store's gonna charge you if you're dead since it's not like you can cancel it!
>>
I dunno about what you're trying to go back on, but I cancelled a preorder a while back simply stating the USD to JPY conversion tool I used messed up and there would be no way I could afford said item. I worded it better than that but they sent me an email back saying they understand and to try to avoid this mistake in the future. Again, not 100 percent word for word.
>>
>>5607685
>the USD to JPY conversion tool I used messed up
There's no way they believed that bullshit.
>>
File: fantastic.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
fantastic.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>tfw they let you cancel that 300 dollarydoo Sahelanthropus due out this month
Dodged a huge bullet there.
>>
>>5607880
I I literally cancelled two Medicom RAH's from them at the same time. Luckily, I'm probably enough of a valued customer for them not to have banned me for so long since I literally shell out $200 on average every month on their site.
>>
>>5605854
Just send them a polite email and be sure of what the fuck you're doing next time.

Been a customer with them for ages but had some...financial hardship (really I bought the dead or alive xtreme 3 collectors edition and found out about the english version), sent them a polite email (PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU TO CANCEL THIS ORDER but...if I have no choice I'll pay it, thanks either way :3) and managed to get it cancelled out, despite them sending the shipping request about it (kept mauling about it that long, shouldn't of gotten lucky but I did).

You can cancel, but don't abuse it, hlj is better in the fact you can cancel as you please
>>
>>5607907
Same here. Those bastards get enough of my money as it is. I've asked for 3 extensions and 2 cancellations and they've been pretty chill about it so far.
>>
File: 1452199551433.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452199551433.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>got payment request email
>forgot about it
>remembered in the last couple of days
>realised I needed to change the shipping address because I don't trust parcels coming here any more
>change address on order, need to wait for new payment request
>still haven't received new payment request
>payment originally due by Friday
>>
I canceled 4 in the summer and paid late for almost a year and only got my first warning two months ago. They're really chill, idk. I wouldn't be worried.
>>
>>5608377
How soon do they send out payment emails? I preordered stuff that's coming out at the end of the month and still haven't gotten an email
>>
>>5608472

Well, I finally got the new payment request last night (the morning for them). That took a day or so.

But I don't know about new items; I have two things for April but only one got a payment request.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.