[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers general : KILLBISON edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: Killbison-gives-the-finger.jpg (162 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
Killbison-gives-the-finger.jpg
162 KB, 600x448
Old thread is dead.

Any theories on Liokaiser?
>>
It will be trash just like every other figure since 2010.
>>
>>5604243
Don't pay much attention, huh?
>>5604196
>>
>>5604257
this is what i imagine a geewunner is
the embodiment of bitterness and jaded contempt for anything new
>>
>>5604267
Yep. Exactly.
>>
File: master piece hot rod cartoon.jpg (44 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
master piece hot rod cartoon.jpg
44 KB, 400x308
>>
File: cuckrod.jpg (74 KB, 440x334) Image search: [Google]
cuckrod.jpg
74 KB, 440x334
>>
>>5604938
>>5606206

lel ebin maymays
>>
>>5605928

I'm a huge voice acting fanboy so any chance to meet them is awesome in my books.

I know Frank is expensive but for me this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
>>
File: rodimus contempt court.jpg (54 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
rodimus contempt court.jpg
54 KB, 500x397
>>5604267
>>
File: DSCN1929.jpg (725 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1929.jpg
725 KB, 1600x1200
Didn't think anyone cared but lemme give you the run down on legends wreck gar, thought I cleared this up but I guess being -not american- (had him in australia for a little while before america did) and not posting an imaging about it I guess it was skimmed over.

>legends wreck gar doesn't intergrate with sky reign

Its not in the manual, he can be fan modded I guess, seems that slide show wasn't really thought through.

Though I gotta admit, groove on defensor sucked ass anyway, infact all except the powerglide mold sucked as addons for combiners, oh and shockwave was good too.

Anyone want manual potatoes as proof?
>>
>>5606288
Is the 2010 Wreck-Gar (and his redecoes) cheap enough on the aftermarket to warrant purchasing multiples of, or should one just build a Junkion army out of that Legends release?

I was considering the Planet of Junk set until the terrible price was found, and we're getting a Deluxe Hot Rod in TR anyway.
>>
>>5606311
Buy a shedload of Junkions and pose them doing sick flips and stuff on TR Fort Max's ramps
>>
>>5606311
>deluxe hotrod in TR
>right after mp hot rodimus

I know the rumor mill has been correct mostly but what the fuck
>>
File: 09.jpg (139 KB, 1135x600) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
139 KB, 1135x600
I was going to buy nearly all the TR deluxe and Takara up them one with these.
In comparison, what Hasbro did is unacceptable.

Why is Hasbro so lazy.
>>
File: legends hot rod.jpg (45 KB, 755x444) Image search: [Google]
legends hot rod.jpg
45 KB, 755x444
>>5606326
>MP Hot Rodimus
>TR Hot Rod
>Classics Rodimus
>Titanium Rodimus Prime
Half of the molds are shit, but it's definitely the Year of the Rod.

Taking bets now for which mold they're rereleasing next.
>>
>>5606332
After seeing those comparison charts, I think the only lazy thing Hasbro did with those two is not using white plastic for Scourge's thighs (and he already uses white plastic on his cape!). The rest of their decisions with the two Movie deluxes are solidly toy-accurate.
>>
>>5606332
Hasbro treats them as toys and a certain attractive price point, the fact they resemble characters g1 fans know at all is just an incentive.

Takara knows the fans are a bit anal and strive harder, everything the japanese does has alot more effort, look at a store bought hotwheels car and compare to a tomica equivalent, throwing price out the window.

The fact they're hollow enough means a shitload of paint apps helps ease the pain, if you buy a hasbro its either budget limitations or you're a kid, anything else and you're retarded (HUR DUR HASBRO BLURR IS G1 TOY HOMAGE) or troop building (thinking of hoarding hasbro scourges so I can have a sweep team unless the platinum set comes at a good price).

>>5606338
The fact they used plastic colors only makes them lazy, its cost cutting, I may of been more accepting of blurr if the plastic sheen didn't come off so bad, I'm guessing the runner arrangement in the factory prevents simple, white thighs.

Another thing that bugs me, they keep using that metallic injected plastic (least in botcon and other recent tf events), that shit only shows plastic swirls, I'd be happier with flatter plastic colors.

He may be stuffed with blue metallic plastic but hasbro scourge is rubbish, I really hope I can get the platinum set cheap
>>
File: Botcon-201600035-1.jpg (216 KB, 2048x1356) Image search: [Google]
Botcon-201600035-1.jpg
216 KB, 2048x1356
>>5606344
>I really hope I can get the platinum set cheap
Would you really like the weird purple deco they have going on that set? I respect your views on Has/Tak's methods, but whether or not this Platinum deco is "lazy", it certainly doesn't look right to me.
>>
>>5606326
>right after mp hot rodimus
And there are still people who will complain that the new TR Hotrod isn't G1 enough.
>>
>>5606336
Energon as Big Rodimus.
>>
>>5606351
The deco is fine for me even with the clear parts.

I just never had that older scourge or cyclonus mold, and they'd fit in better with my old deluxe galvatron.

I'm a huge fag for galvatron and his troops, I'm willing to have them in 2 scales, though once an mp of any comes I'm selling the lot and quitting transformers

>>5606356
>who will complain that the new TR Hotrod isn't G1 enough
They may carry the names but this new shit isn't really for us, look at cw hotrod, just get what looks cool and avoid what you don't.

I know for a fact cw betatron will shelf warm as a result, those idiots
>>
>>5606358
Energon + random BW figure two pack
>>
>>5606356
I don't remember him being a headmaster in G1, If its based on his idw design I can understand why they'd make him one.
>>
>>5606364
Because the line at the moment is Headmasters, so everyone (except Legends) gets to be a Headmaster even if they never where before.
>>
>>5606367
not very acuurate tho.
>>
>>5606362
>I know for a fact cw betatron will shelf warm as a result, those idiots
Isn't that why they put him near the end of the line? They know there are people who like Computron, so they put one out; however, they also know that there will be less interest with a lack of Technobot deluxes, so they released him near the end.

That way he can shelfwarm during the months after the height of CW and before the beginning of TR.
>>
>>5606371
I know, but it's not like they'll end up worse or anything. I do wish they used the line to release most, if not all, of the actual Headmasters but I'm sure they'll get to that eventually.
>>
>>5606367
Least their headmaster partners are named after their target masters, its how they got away with some.

Though not all, galvatron what the fuck were they thinking.

>not a headmaster
>not a targetmaster
>in idw he hated that stuff

As much as I like him as a toy I can't help but feel they're waiting on people like me to snap him up, cannon wise he ain't right.

>>5606374
But wouldn't that shelf warming block new voyagers from being put onto the shelves?

I'm glad my local stores haven't restocked after the bruticus/skylynx wave, it'd be nothing but scattershots when TR hits.
>>
>>5606378
I doubt it.
>>
File: botcon 2015 - 2016 wave 2.jpg (202 KB, 1038x762) Image search: [Google]
botcon 2015 - 2016 wave 2.jpg
202 KB, 1038x762
>>5606380
>But wouldn't that shelf warming block new voyagers from being put onto the shelves?
Perhaps that's why they're taking their time to start Titans Return.

Remember some of the older lines? The last wave or two always gets shafted because the stores want to make way for the new line. This time Hasbro has placed several months between the end of CW and the beginning of TR. Enough time to stock the latecomers, or at least to whittle down any shelfwarmers.

Perhaps that's also why the very last wave is just non-combiner Autobots with existing toys (besides Sky Lynx). If the wave never makes it to stores, who's gonna care?
>>
>>5606392
As long as we don't get shafted again, as much as I love takara's work I've decided to stick to the hasbro dedicated headmasters, we never got the first wave of CW down under, wasn't paying attention at the time but I really would hate it if any left over cw's blocked them, thankfully stores are moving them at a nice pace.

I mean shit, large department store known for charging more than the rest had 40 voyagers, 20 of bruticus and scattershot, somehow in 2 weeks even with a crappy buy one et the other 50% off deal that applied to the entire to section...

They all sold, mind you week 2 they had 3 scattershots left as expected but didn't think next day they'd be gone
>>
>>5606398
That's impressive. Here we have a healthy number of Onslaughts and Scattershots, with some stray Hot Spots lying around.

How well are the Sky Reign deluxes selling? I assume they're available if this guy >>5606288 found a Wreck-Gar.
>>
>>5604267
This is exactly what a cheap shit gulper would say.
>>
File: GALVATRONUS.jpg (379 KB, 941x1256) Image search: [Google]
GALVATRONUS.jpg
379 KB, 941x1256
>"Your will is mine, Autobots, but in your souls you are free... free to DESPAIR. By my design; by your hands, this world will become rubble. You will look upon the devastation through MY eyes and they will shed no tears on your behalf. Mine is the unflinching gaze of a conquerer - of GALVATRONUS!"

When I heard that Cyclonus' combiner schtick was that he mind-controls other limbs into doing his bidding, I had to get him regardless of whether I yet owned any CW Decepticons.
>>
>>5604243
HELP!
I've searched, but came up short. Does anyone know of a place where I could buy Masterpiece Seeker (old mold) accessories?
• Stand, null rays, missile pods, pilot...

Even if they're repro's/KO's that would be fine. I came across a loose seeker but it has no parts included. Would love to complete him. I'll paint accessories to match if need-be.
>>
>>5606422
Yep, that's me.

Sold out at local stores though my nearest cheapest department store is due for a restock (online store counts say they had stock but they could never find any fresh cartons when I asked about it over the course of 2 weeks).

My suburb is currently fresh out, bits and pieces around in some shops in the city (one city store in a bad location still had a cw iron hide, just the one) with a scant amount of the bruticus wave still scattered about.

They picked up pace, I assume its because of the oz transformers website, found them via google and their members regularly give updates of more popular shopping centers, waiting on them to drop the bombshell of TR titan masters since most shops are out of legends class now
>>
>>5606432
Shit's hard to find, better off looking for junkers or waiting on the future ko seekers (which aren't out yet).

Or scanning transformers forums, was keeping an eye out for starscream's cape and someone was selling sunstorm's, gotta be quick though, by the time I registered to respond he was sold.

But HOW did you come across it, ebay, did the seller list all of the details or did you jump on the price?

And WHICH seeker, pretty sure blue nullrays won't work on starscream just saying
>>
>>5606440
It was a kijiji local sale for of all things Takara MP07 Thundercracker, which is super rare and it needed a little TLC, but after some love he's looking great. Would love to complete him but there's no way I'm going to find his proper blue parts loose any time this century. I'd paint accessories from a different release if I could just get my hands on some.

Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>5606444
>mp07
Yikes, those would be even harder to find unless you look for the hasbro skywarp, seen a few junkers and cheap ones you could scrap up, but that was last year when I begun my journey into my own mp seeker addiction.

I have all hasbro seekers of the mp11 base mold, NEARLY got the takara mp03 but the cheapest I seen was outside of its box, unlike acid storm I didn't want to risk shipping damage (he came out great despite shipping from one country to another).

Good luck, keep asking here while you look though, maybe an anon may be willing to part with some bits and pieces, I know I seen a few generic ko flight stands (no name on base) from chinese ebay sellers, its the rest that'll ultimately prove to be difficult, good luck otherwise
>>
I swear if I can't find Thunderhoof and Qullfire within the next week I might as well get the Takara versions. Are there any noticible differences?
>>
>>5606453
Yes. Takara has MUCH more paint apps and looks closer to the show model.
>>
>>5606453
Quillfire is more show accurate though the eybrows aren't silver like the hasbro one.

Thunderhoof looks like fucking shit due to a lack of paint apps, hasbro dun goof'd there
>>
>>5606453
They haven't shown up in release in the US yet. I'm sure that's where you're from because the impatience shows this.

Really think on it you want to spend takara prices on the exact same toy just with different paint apps when you will see them locally soon.
>>
>>5606456
I know Takara Quillfire is more accurate, but I prefer the grey parts on the Hasbro release.
>>
>>5606453
>>5606461
How much does buying RID in the US cost vs having a Takara TAV shipped in?
>>
File: C Quill C.jpg (200 KB, 1493x1285) Image search: [Google]
C Quill C.jpg
200 KB, 1493x1285
>>5606462
Same. I think Takara's too brown. Hasbro's scheme adds more contrast despite being less accurate.
>>
>>5606453

I got super fucking lucky and got a Quillfire 13 bucks on eBay.

Nothing on Thunderhoof.

I say just wait - Hasbro Toy Shop will probably have them up in a couple weeks.
>>
>>5606461
Not so much impatience....okay it's that, but also some misleading. (A little on Hasbros part) See, I could have sworn that these were supposed to show up around this time. Oh well, sorry if I came off as that way, I'm usually not. *shrugs*
>>
>>5606469
Usually did is somewhere between $13 and $15.

>>5606475
Just wait. Save your money and wait. That Asian guy here only saw them not long ago. Hell fracture and Megatronus just started being common. Keep checking HTS as well.
>>
>>5606470
That's one fine nose monster
>>
>>5606078
I got them that way. I can always reprolabel them but those sloppy stickers are still in amazing condition that I kinda don't want to ruin it to be honest.
>>
>>5606475
>>5606477
Different Asian guy here. I started seeing Thunderhoof, Quillfire, Fracture and Megatronus at once, around last month.
>>
>>5606482
See there. Not an old release just yet. Thanks.
>>
>>5606475
They're in australia, I see more thunderhoof's than quillfires, just goes to show even kids see how shit he is paint app wise
>>
>>5606488
Or the fact that he becomes a tractor. With adults you have way more of the "silly" factor going towards a purchase chance.
>>
File: thunderhoof tav and rid.jpg (91 KB, 808x631) Image search: [Google]
thunderhoof tav and rid.jpg
91 KB, 808x631
>>5606488
>even kids see how shit he is paint app wise
Quillfire or Thunderhoof? The conversation has been about how much better Quillfire is in TAV, but your abundance of Hoofies suggests that Quillfire is popular among buyers.
>>
File: 20160318_215701.jpg (109 KB, 1279x806) Image search: [Google]
20160318_215701.jpg
109 KB, 1279x806
>>5606493
tis look silly to you? EH?
>>
>>5606495
Thunderhoof is the crap one, hasbro put 0 effort.

Quillfire though is another story, apart from the eyebrows the takara one truly is more show accurate, and I see very few on shelves which suggest he either is selling or the cartons don't have many to begin with, I've never seen a lone case being unboxed before so...that possibility remains.

But in hindsight, he molds are basic, I'd consider waiting to see what in store brings unless you want the takara thunderhoof, most of mine are hasbro versions with the exception of megatronus (we'll never get the tru version here) and my nemesis prime (I got every deluxe optimus prime recolor because I'm stupid)
>>
File: 1412949780314.jpg (18 KB, 251x180) Image search: [Google]
1412949780314.jpg
18 KB, 251x180
>>5606497
>>
>>5606502
>(I got every deluxe optimus prime recolor because I'm stupid)
The recolors of the RID Warrior, or just every deluxe Nemesis Prime ever?
>>
>>5606502
It's kinda funny because a Warrior Thunderhoof was one of the most requested toys last year. Quillfire as a choice for a Warrior toy seemed to come out of nowhere.
>>
>>5606509
Oh sorry, just the RID warrior optimus type.

I have a weird habit of collecting repaints, long story short they stopped me from buying the MP BABE repaints

>>5606513
Guess they're leaning on the desire factor to sell something so minimally painted, granted I have the legion class but its a legion so I can forgive the paint apps on that.

...and then takara gives him a show accurate paint job in their multi pack but leave the slot for the sticker near empty with a decepticon tampo there, A TINY ONE, paint apps can't fix that
>>
>>5606513

Quillfire's characterization as a crazy Liberal anarchist is funny as fuck especially since he's full of shit.
>>
>>5604267
You don't have to be a geewunner to recognize that the transformers toys from the past few years have been declining in quality while also increasing in price. It's a pretty terrible combination. The only shit I buy now is imported masterpieces and/or the very rare brick/mortar store item that's on clearance.

I bought literally ONE combiner wars figure, and while it looks cool-ish, it has super basic transformation, feels super cheap, and was way overpriced. Not to mention the kibble doesn't fold away very well and the articulation is pretty weak.

Love those colours and headsculpt tho.
>>
>>5606516

So Quillfire is Walky?
>>
File: test.jpg (63 KB, 600x290) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
63 KB, 600x290
>>5606525
how does the takara prime war breakdown look to you?

Not an attack or anything, honestly curious.
>>
>>5606529
Those colors are sex
>>
>>5606525
>it has super basic transformation
Considering it had to have 4 modes, 2 of which needed to be articulated and 2 needed to combine then what did you expect?
>>
>>5606525
What gun is he holding?

>>5606527
Walky is not an anarchist.
>>
>>5606529
I like it a lot, sir. The mold is too basic for me to be interested in purchasing it again, though. If I could return the copy I own, I probably would...but meh, lesson learned.

I think I'll be missing out on a lot of the headmasters stuff, too...with the exception of Takara Fort Max, which I'll probably splurge on. I'd like to own some of the Takara headmasters, but let's be honest, they'll have the same cheap feeling with overly basic transformations and articulation...then you add on the cost to import combined with the already high price you know they'll be, and you're left with lots of people like me who just don't see recent product as being worth the money.

I'd rather invest my nerdbux in upgrading/completing old G1 toys or other IP's entirely. I've saved a lot of money by not purchasing most of the recent hastak offerings. I'm very glad to have a Dino Riders T-Rex, and MPP10/M01 Commander.
>>
>>5606541
Not sure dude, it's not my photo...just google combiner wars menasor and you'll see a group shot from tfw2005 come up.
>>
File: Under3-3.jpg (175 KB, 1000x772) Image search: [Google]
Under3-3.jpg
175 KB, 1000x772
>Every year at BotCon, invariably there's an exclusive toy that really feels like somebody was saying, "hey, what's some cracked-out shit that Walky kid would like?" Well, this is this year's. This is Under-3.

http://www.shortpacked.com/blog.php?postid=816

Yes, Walky. Botcon exists just to please you alone.
>>
>>5606470
It looks like a great mold. But I just KNOW the blot repaint is happening, and i'd much rather have that.

Quilfire might seem like a bruiser, but in the show his voice is like a pussy
>>
>>5606552
Someone actually bought Under-3 for over 60 bucks on Ebay..
>>
>>5606560
Like, the Botcon Streetwise deco, or the fucking Happy Meal toy?

I could understand if it was the Combiner Wars figure. It's a fun reference and a sick deco on a good mold, as well as a convention exclusive.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 350x350
>>5606557
>but in the show his voice is like a pussy

So he's QUEEF-FIRE!
>>
File: everybody loves starscream.jpg (82 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
everybody loves starscream.jpg
82 KB, 600x462
>>5606566
>>
>>5606541
>Walky is not an anarchist

But he's full of shit
>>
>>5606552

Someone should call Walky out for supporting FunPub and BotCon after his falling out with them over Recordicons.
>>
>>5606538
It's not so much the transformation being basic that I don't like–it's that it could've had more steps, more moving parts...which would've given us a really sweet little figure. There's no reason that backpack needs to be so big, there's plenty of room for it to have broken down, and a couple more joints thrown in here and there would've been sweet.

The real issue is high price + basic design/cheap materials. A combo that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. His ball joints also feel like they'd become super floppy in no time if an actual child was playing with it.
>>
>>5606570
That doesn't mean you have to ruin the good name of Quillfire.
>>
>>5606572
Along with safety standards cost is a heavy factor, its why once we see a hollow shit from hasbro, takara's will only paint over it.

Plus frustration factor, compare rid warrior megatronus to deluxe generations galvatron, one's a figure that can be pulled apart and fixed while the other is a landmine, it'll frustrate the fuck out of kids growing up with user friendly toys and gadgets like Ipads and so forth.

I admit despite many years with transformers I like some of the simpler designs, cw leader megatron is my go-to as a time waster since I can transform him blind folded both ways, stuff like my generations skybyte voyager end up remaining in one mode for extended periods of time.

Our progress in convenience has ruined us, only mp's can save us now
>>
>>5606430
I like to think that, something happened to Galvatron which left him needing a new body, so he forces Cyclonus to become his vessel, eventually there's a power struggle (with Galvatron gradually gaining control over Cyclonus even when not combined) that causes Cyclonus to rip out Galvatron's head and throw out into space, waiting to be found...
>>
>>5606578
I don't want a return to hyper complex movie style transformations, but something a little more intricate than what we've been getting recently is needed.
>>
>>5606557

I'd love a Blot redeco, but they just announced a repaint in menstrual red. Doubt they'll milk this mold that many times. He's not Starscream.
>>
>>5606619
Takara might do it. Remember, they repainted RID Strongarm into RID2001 Rollbar, so i think Blot might be possible
>>
>>5606495
I like the idea of this guy and the altmode, but those shoulders look terrifying.
>>
File: titans return buy list..jpg (369 KB, 1182x1018) Image search: [Google]
titans return buy list..jpg
369 KB, 1182x1018
Looks like it'll be a cheaper year than CW.

I feel both relieved and annoyed about this fact.
>>
>>5606617
Personally I don't care if the transformation is simple. As long as the toy doesn't LOOK like it has a simple transformation, aka wearing its entire altmode as a shell on its back. RID Strongarm would be an example. the shell on its back needs to break down more.

If the toy looks good in bot mode and alt mode, I don't really care how it gets from one point to the other.
>>
>>5606636
I agree, I only want a more complex transformation if it's *needed*. It doesn't actually matter to me how many steps is involved, as long as both modes look good.
>>
>>5606636
I agree. In theory, modern tf engineering should also mean that we can get a well-proportioned and articulated bot mode as well as a decent altmode without overly complex transformations.
>>
File: 20160318_201603.jpg (117 KB, 1434x806) Image search: [Google]
20160318_201603.jpg
117 KB, 1434x806
>>5606617
>>5606636
The RID toys seem to be stepping up in the transformation department too. It's hard to get a sense of it without having him in-hand, but Thunderhoof compacts quite a bit into his tiny altmode. It's almost ROTF Lockdown levels of size-disparity between his alt-mode and robot mode.
>>
File: 20160313_211005.jpg (114 KB, 806x1434) Image search: [Google]
20160313_211005.jpg
114 KB, 806x1434
>>5606655
Also, crazy-ball-spewing-lizard-frog-car. His transformation is simply spreading the limbs and turning the whole roof 180 deg, but look how tightly the space is used.
>>
>>5606660
I honestly want that toy because of your pics anon, but i cant decide between hasbro or takara
>>
>>5606529

I want him and Roller.

like bad.
>>
File: 20160313_164439.jpg (99 KB, 1434x806) Image search: [Google]
20160313_164439.jpg
99 KB, 1434x806
>>5606664
It's similar to the case of Quillfire. Takara's FAR more show accurate but Hasbro's (that is TOTALLY different from the show model) is not too shabby either.
>>
>>5606549
That's cool. The gun looks nice. >>5606570
That part I didn't deny.
>>
>>5606573

I like you.
>>
>>5606675
>The gun looks nice
I'm pretty sure thats one of Renderforms Stunticon guns
>>
>>5606671
Can his limbs splay outwards?
>>
File: 20160315_214511.jpg (114 KB, 1229x691) Image search: [Google]
20160315_214511.jpg
114 KB, 1229x691
>>5606703
Nah, they are all swivels and hinges, no balljoints. The fore legs have extra transformation hinges that allow them to turn inwards though.
>>
>>5606720
Are they mushroom hinges or pinned?
>>
>>5606729
Mix. For the fore legs, from the shoulder swivel, it's Rivet swivel->Rivet hinge->Plastic Pop on hinge->Plastic Pop on hinge.
>>
>>5606660
I'm starting to worry if we'll ever get this guy and Quillfire stateside. Meanly because my Wal-Mart already has the second Minicons 4-pack with the weaponizer Slipstream. I hope they didn't just skip a wave.
>>
>>5606741
CW is ending soon. Retailers may skip that.

But RiD is pretty much ongoing at least until the end of the year. It's likely that they'll keep following up on it. Hasbro may include these molds in future assortments too. Just be patient.
>>
File: 20160314_202942.jpg (82 KB, 958x806) Image search: [Google]
20160314_202942.jpg
82 KB, 958x806
>>5606746
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that there's still the Takara option.
>>
File: frank_stallone.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
frank_stallone.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>5606497
>>
>>5606805

It blows my mind that Sly Stallone's bro voices Thunderhoof.

Frankie voices him well.
>>
>>5606552
>FunPub could have done a kickass K-9 or Wolfang
>instead they made a meme character that no one cares about

Dropping the ball until the bitter end, eh FunPub?
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 578x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 578x712
>>5606871
FunPub in a nutshell (though I do want their reflector)
>>
>>5606552
Was there any good exclusives this year except the Megatron one?
>>
>>5606871
Under-3 isn't a meme character, you dolt.
>>
>>5606887
The reflectors and Flash Sentry were pretty neato, especially since they went to all the trouble to make a camera mode.
>>
>>5606914
Something tells me that Hasbro was going to domestically release this, but gave it to FunPub instead.

That head is TOO good for FP.
>>
>>5606351
>Scourge and Stormclash try out for pairs figure skating
>>
>>5606927
Well,it was a pretool head,yes,like how certain toys are planned to have an alternate head for a remold.
>>
>>5606772
It's kinda sad but my autism wants my RID figures to be compatible with the app, even though I haven't touched that thing for weeks.
>>
>>5606552
Unit 3 wasn't a bad toy, but there's 1000 other things they could have done. I probably would have paid $15 for one.
>>
>>5606945
I had it for a bit, but haven't to rescan so often gets fucking annoying. Especially when you have a busy schedule.
>>
File: 1459904891_31054_MP320.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459904891_31054_MP320.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
Has anyone preordered with Anime-Import before? They've got pretty good prices on MP Primal and the upcoming Legends figures. But I don't know anything about them, their cs, or their shipping.
>>
Is it just me, or are Hyperfire and Stylor near-straight repaints of each other, the only difference being different face-backpacks?
>>
>>5607002
it happens, just like Sentinel Prime and Astrotrain
>>
>>5606538

Goalpost ------> |
>>
>>5607022
No. Its called being logical, kid.
>>
File: P8310412.jpg (479 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
P8310412.jpg
479 KB, 1600x1200
Got Botcon Yeeesssatron today. No duck though, unlike others who ordered after me from the same seller. Minor disappointment.

Anyway, I really like him; Gigatron has always been one of my favorites, with his Brave-villain look. Feels weird getting an expensive figure in a baggie, though, no box at all. Unfortunately, it really lacks the little flourishes that really made Gigatron seem so ornate--gone are the little gradients in the chrome and wings, the little curled decorations in the armor and weapon. Arm claws are unpainted, too. All-in-all it feels like they shaved paint apps here and there to pinch pennies, and considering this is probably the Ultimate Botcon exclusive next to maybe Scorponok the whole thing seems not up to highest expectations

I'm being harsh on it, but looking at it in the case right now, I am very happy to own it. Onto the positives, the headsculptis absolutely fantastic. It blows the last new BW Megatron sculpt, the 10th anniversary one, out of the water. I have to wonder if they used Hasui for the head because its seriously on par with the earlier MP cars. The reds are nicer in person. Not spectacular,but the two tones don't clash like I thought it would. the only color I think looks off is the yellow on the legs. It really needed to be used more around the figure(the aforementioned flourishes would've been nice) to make it look more balanced. As is its only on his legs, and crest.

I do hope takara manages to put their own version of this out, though not sure if they could use the Botcon head. I feel like they would do nicer colors overall, and I'd love for more people to have a chance to own this, because it really feels like a proper "Perfect Cell" version of BW Megatron. If I ever have a story arc for my toys, he'd probably be the endboss.
>>
>>5607074
I was so close to getting this til some asshole bought the last 45% of stock.
>>
>>5606720
>>5606671
>>5606660
Is there a way to remove that U-thing on the front? Without breaking it I suppose.
>>
>>5607074
>I'm being harsh on it,
As well you should considering the amount you paid. Pretty sad when there's more paint apps on a mass released figure from years ago than its minimal reuse now and a stupid price.
>>
>>5607113
Realistically, though I know RiD was kind of a freak-line as far as level of paint apps go, and it was more than a few years ago now. Nothing ever matched it in terms of quality. But yeah, the lack of it on a Botcon figure is disheartening.

The eye issue is a bit overblown, by the way. The molding stands out enough on the red that it works. I'm not touching those stickers, they just look goofy.
>>
File: 1429573538866.png (216 KB, 329x379) Image search: [Google]
1429573538866.png
216 KB, 329x379
>>5607119
>>
>>5607128
Dinoforce? Or a weird ass looking version of Swoop?
>>
>>5607230
Idw swoop.
>>
What are some good TFs with fairly involved transformations?
>>
>>5607289
Generations wreck gar mold.
>>
>>5607289
MP-05 is about as involved as you can get.
>>
Has Takara shown their version of chromedome yet?
>>
How are these molds?

>RTS Deluxe Laser Prime

>WFC Deluxe Soundwave
>>
>>5607335
Laser prime is a pass. He looks cool, but in hand he's not. Soundwave is a better figure, but you have to be okay with the design first.
>>
>>5606430
Fuck off with that cheesy fanfic dialogue.
>>
>>5607345
>fanfic dialogue

It sounded pretty Transformers to me.
>>
>>5607349
You must be reading IDW
>>
>>5607074
I seriously hope a China factory has sloppy seconds to sell...
>>
>>5607335
>RTS Deluxe Laser Prime
Bad shoulder construction, sword handle stresses hands, orange plastic too opaque for light-piping to work
>>
>>5604267

Ive been there since day one of G1. And I STILL manage to find things to like each year.
>>
>>5606288

Groove wasn't a particularly great figure

Only reason Id get Wreck-Gar would be because it's a character I like.
>>
>>5606428

This is exactly why the fandom is worthless.
>>
>>5606914

I wonder if Hasbro is going to do some sort of retail level retool or redeco on Shocks
>>
>>5606994
My friend uses them all the time, you should be in good hands.
>>
>>5606994
Probably the best prices you're gonna find. You're totally fucked in case anything goes wrong though. Lost package, broken/missing parts and such will be ignored.
>>
File: IMG_20160413_215747432.jpg (2 MB, 1503x2672) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160413_215747432.jpg
2 MB, 1503x2672
Finally got my MP Shockwave. Articulation could be better, but I like it. It definitely feels more sturdy than MP Ironhide and Tracks.
>>
>>5607354
Nah. If it's IDW, Cyclonus would have gay orgy with the others.
>>
File: IMG_20160413_192053869.jpg (3 MB, 2672x1503) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160413_192053869.jpg
3 MB, 2672x1503
>>5607590
The gun mode is larger than I expected. Weighs more than the blade blaster too oddly.
>>
File: IMG_20160413_210330501.jpg (3 MB, 2672x1503) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160413_210330501.jpg
3 MB, 2672x1503
>>
File: IMG_20160413_220044624.jpg (3 MB, 2672x1503) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160413_220044624.jpg
3 MB, 2672x1503
If only the gun was standard peg size. Then it would be one of the best accessories ever.
>>
>>5607596
I read mtmte because you faggots complained about gay robots so much and it was no where near what you made it out to be. Pull that cactus out your ass.
>>
File: IMG_20160413_220107323.jpg (3 MB, 2672x1503) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160413_220107323.jpg
3 MB, 2672x1503
>>
>>5607608
>homophobic anons on 4chan blow gay stuff out of proportion

Shocker.
>>
>>5607618
Well I didn't say I was surprised.
>>
>>5606332
>lazy

Why are you so stupid?
>>
>>5607584
yeah, that's what i've read on other toy boards too. good prices, but god help you if there's a hitch.

to be fair, i've ordered there twice, and both times things went without a hitch. but there's too much good competition out there to worry about this sort of stuff.
>>
>>5607330
haven't seen any pics yet, either. hoping they get chromedome and fortmax pics out soon. really interested to see what kind of paint apps they'll get.
>>
>>5607074
Is it possible the new head was the one from the BW Megatron that Hasbro was gonna remold from FoC Grimlock? It sure looks like that head sculpt.
>>
Someone take a photo of Shockwave holding Soundwave's Megatron and Megatron holding Shockwave's Shockwave
>>
File: weeeeeeeee.jpg (331 KB, 1224x816) Image search: [Google]
weeeeeeeee.jpg
331 KB, 1224x816
>>5607422
I thought Groove was a figure with 0 play value for a very long time. The bad limb proportions was bad enough... I just dunno how one's supposed to pose him. But the worst offense is that his armor mode for Defensor is total shit.

But then I got toys that could actually ride him.
>>
>>5607665
I doubt it. They both reference Transmetal Megatron,but this is more square,while GrimMegs head was closer to WfC/FoC megs more triangular head.
>>
>>5607074
>all those /v/ toys
>>
>>5607074
>but the two tones don't clash like I thought it would
That's exactly what I thought, there's no contrast.

when you look at the concept art, his shoulder pads and forearms are a more brownish-red, rather than just a darker red. would be nice if the toy reflected that

I do still want it though, but there's no way I'm waying SOC Gaogaigar prices for a voyager toy
>>
File: OTFCC05-Megatronunused.jpg (153 KB, 800x494) Image search: [Google]
OTFCC05-Megatronunused.jpg
153 KB, 800x494
>>5607861
>>
>>5607609
>Shoot yourself
>>
>>5607609
>reading MTMTE for the first time
>>
>>5607861
>there's no way I'm waying SOC Gaogaigar prices for a voyager toy
How much can we expect the exclusives from this year to go for in the future?
Some people say that Predacus for an example is very likely to drop down, but I'd love to pick up some other figures as well.
>>
>>5607873
Considering Botcon 2006 Megatron still goes up in price... I say Botcon 2016 Megatron will share the same fate.
Hell, I think there's even less Transmetal 3 Megatrons produced than Darksyde Megatrons
>>
>tfw Seibertron defending the lack of fucking EYES on TM3 Megatron

I was going to replace my beat-up old RID Megatron with this, but seeing it...I think I'll just buy another RID Megatron/Galvatron on eBay.
>>
Fuck off walky.
>>
i apologize if this was posted before, but this made me laugh.
>>
>>5607944
>I didn't sign up for this
>>
File: heilseibertron.jpg (51 KB, 400x405) Image search: [Google]
heilseibertron.jpg
51 KB, 400x405
>>5607931
>Seibertron defending Funpub
Absolutely shocking.
>>
File: Faggot Alert.gif (382 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Alert.gif
382 KB, 392x500
>>5607608
>>5607618

Id rather have a cactus in my ass than a dick, you sodomite.
>>
File: test.jpg (65 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
65 KB, 640x852
>ko seekers inbound

Supposedly using diecast (originals had some) and improved parts.

I hope there are enough differences on their boxes so I can spot them out, don't get me wrong I want one but I'd like some form of distinction, if they don't pump out custom colored ones first
>>
File: test.jpg (36 KB, 853x640) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
36 KB, 853x640
>>5607986
Some of the new diecast in the feet it seems, dunno why or how it'd help but why not
>>
>>5607987
God, I hope this KO fixes the waist issue. Otherwise it'll be worse with added weight on the legs.
>>
>>5607944
Huh. Ultra Prime looks good with the Aerialbots.
>>
Noticed that BBTS still hasn't but up any of the BotCon '16 exclusives up yet.

Really want to see how much gouging they do on Megatron.
>>
File: oh how it pains me to do this.png (496 KB, 736x404) Image search: [Google]
oh how it pains me to do this.png
496 KB, 736x404
>>5608020
I bet we'll need a small loan of a million dollars
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 600x1067
>>5608020
The real question is which one will go for more?

I'm amazed this this guy going for almost $500 at the lowest. How rare is he?
>>
>>5608020
Bbts rumor hasn't been confirmed.
>>
>>5608032
That was the golden ticket bonus figure (right?), so it's probably the rarest one, since the only way to (officially) get it was to buy the big package ahead of time.
>>
>>5608037

Whether or not the rumor is true is irrelevant, they would gouge it even if they had a few million of the things sitting in the warehouse.
>>
>>5608056
Never doubted that. Just saying the rumor is not confirmed.
>>
File: shockwave fuck this i'm out.jpg (64 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
shockwave fuck this i'm out.jpg
64 KB, 888x499
>>5607609
>>
>>5608161
Trust nobody, not even yourself.
>>
>>5608161
>"Hello?"
>...
>"It's for you"
>>
Well, looks like shit has hit the fan, I'm in. (Only for the popcorn and drinks)
>>
>>5608224
Care to explain?
>>
>>5607074
> cross fingers that Fun Pub does the right thing and just releases a second or third run of this goddamn figure.
>>
Ugh do I wait and continue to hold out hope that somehow someway BotCon BW Megs gets cheaper or do I bite the bullet and get MP Shockwave?
>>
>>5608257
This is gonna need serious wish power.
>>
>>5608264
Mp Shockwave is probably cheaper. He's fun and not too crazy complicated to transform.h
>>
Has a Titans Return Hot-Rod been announced/shown?
>>
>>5608229
welcome to /tfg/, newfag. here you will find that while people call out dumps like seibertron for kissing hastak's ass, the Exact Same Shit goes on even on 4chan.
>>
File: shockwave trust no one.jpg (69 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
shockwave trust no one.jpg
69 KB, 888x499
>>5608164
>>
File: shockwave hello it's for you.jpg (68 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
shockwave hello it's for you.jpg
68 KB, 888x499
>>5608167
>>
>>5608300
>>5608295
>>5608161
Epic memes! XD I'm going to upload these to 9Gag!
>>
File: brian savage hitler.jpg (67 KB, 400x405) Image search: [Google]
brian savage hitler.jpg
67 KB, 400x405
>>5607949
>>
>>5608245
Actually I take it back. It's just mindless trolls. Oh well, I'm keeping mah popcorn and drinks.
>>
>>5608306
The sad part is there are several faggots who do just that.
>>
>>5608369
It's probably who's making them.
>>
>>5608369
>>5608387

actually i don't go on 9Gag, not lying.
>>
>>5608300
"I don't want to live on this planet anymore."
>>
>>5608417
Sure you don't.
>>
>>5608466
Everyone in /tfg/ is autistic so they don't understand humour or sarcasm, ergo they don't go on 9gag.
>>
>>5608474
>Humour
>9gag
Pick none
>>
>>5608474
You mean that's exactly why they go on 9gag
>>
>>5608488
>>5608490
I was being sarcastic, though I doubt any of the imagemacros from here would end up on 9gag, in spite of how much of a hole it Is.
>>
x2 Autobot Stripes
x3 Autobot Rewind
x3 Autobot Wheelie
Good to know Hasbro knows Stripes is a shitty mold and put only 2 per case.
>>
File: trust nobody not even nobody.jpg (361 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
trust nobody not even nobody.jpg
361 KB, 1280x852
>>5608295
>>
>>5608502
Thank goodness. Rewind and Wheelie look great, won't be hard to get a hold of.
>>
Outside of Masterpiece, what's the best g1-ish Soundwave toy?
>>
>>5608519

Music Label is pretty cool.
>>
>>5608502
Where did they start going up?
>>
File: shockwave live anymore.jpg (73 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
shockwave live anymore.jpg
73 KB, 888x499
>>5608466
>>5608474
>>5608490

Legit serious I don't.

I just make these for future reference.

>>5608462

here you go.
>>
>>5608523
Apparently the ETA for legends class wave 1 is set to June so far. Methinks they're making the swap more gradual to, like an anon said further up, make sure no one is inclined to skip a wave.
>>
File: magnaboss head .jpg (80 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
magnaboss head .jpg
80 KB, 600x813
Fuck. I think this actually looks pretty neat.
>>
>>5608596
If they just repainted Breakdown to spare us two ugly tiger faces for the sake of including a new head for a Magnaboss Superion the whole idea may have actually been cool instead of putting stickers all over it.
>>
>>5608596
i think the antennas should be removed, or replaced with horns somehow
>>
>>5608582
Future reference for what?
>>
File: 3142016191849.jpg (336 KB, 789x960) Image search: [Google]
3142016191849.jpg
336 KB, 789x960
I didn't need to spend ~$50 on a figure, but I saw it on eBay and said fuck it. Great deco on a great figure; I'm not even familiar with Beast Machines or Obsidian.
>>
>>5608707

What the fuck, what toy is this?
>>
>>5608712
Botcon Obsidian
>>
Does anyone still have that Pastebin of recommended figures?
>>
>>5608519
There is a cool one that turns into a legit mp3 player. It was released several years ago so it may be hard to find. Transforms and has full articulation too.
>>
File: opera_2016-04-14_20-00-21.png (649 KB, 676x522) Image search: [Google]
opera_2016-04-14_20-00-21.png
649 KB, 676x522
>>5608734
It even had a (seperate) set of earbuds that turned into Rumble and Frenzy. If I remember, it came pre-loaded with the G1 theme.
>>
File: stunticons-g1-robots.jpg (608 KB, 1328x1000) Image search: [Google]
stunticons-g1-robots.jpg
608 KB, 1328x1000
>>5606525
CW wouldn't be so bad if they were cheaper, they are based on these things after all.
Shame Turd Patties hate Scramble City, though, it really limits my options for getting combiners because that's my favorite part of the gimmick.

>>5606529
Is that part of a set?
>>
>>5608734
>>5608755
The problem is he's okay as a toy but shit as an mp3 player.
>>
>>5606430
>Sunstreaker
Man, the amounts of JUST on that mold are hilarious.
>>
File: 1434867621222.jpg (217 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1434867621222.jpg
217 KB, 800x600
>>5608591
>June
HAPPENING

Hopefully the rest comes out around June too.
>>
>>5606871
>K-9 or Wolfang from Streetwise
Fuck you, m8. Now I want this.
>>
>>5607074
>Mr. Megatron, we're Power Ranger
>Mr. Megatron, we're Power Ranger
>>
>>5608763
Fastcar is such a strong independent woman
>>
File: 1398156279264.png (254 KB, 414x411) Image search: [Google]
1398156279264.png
254 KB, 414x411
>>5608763
>>5608777

Robot Speedwagon that transforms into a wagon when? Would buy.
>>
>Devastation is 50% off
Finally, my time has come.
>>
>>5608800
It's at 50% off like every other week since black Friday.
>>
File: expensive flying lizard.png (284 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
expensive flying lizard.png
284 KB, 450x253
I'm glad I bought him Friday morning on impulse instead of waiting.
>>
>>5608830
Why? The thing has no value unless you plan on selling it.
>>
>>5608836
I wasn't aware the only goal for toy collecting was resale.
>>
>>5608841
Haha you foolish man
>>
>>5608591
Hopefully leaders come out late june then. I really want power master prime.
>>
>>5608836
Is it wrong to buy an expensive toy and then play with it?
>>
>>5608836
The obvious answer is that it blew up in price ridiculously on saturday thanks to the great scalping.
>>
File: 1456002150854.png (464 KB, 1324x992) Image search: [Google]
1456002150854.png
464 KB, 1324x992
>>5608845
>I really want power master prime.
>>
>>5608849
It looks nice? Won't even need to wait fir takara, it already looks like ginrai
>>
>>5608849
>people liking things I don't like
>>
>>5608849
Why is that bad?
>>
>>5608596
>bird head an vehicle guys

why

why isn't a white and yellow crest good enough to invoke that design aspect why did this person have to be stupid and the design of this
>>
File: i believe you are incorrect.jpg (187 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
i believe you are incorrect.jpg
187 KB, 600x600
>>5608757
>Is that part of a set?

UW grand galvatron, idw rollar, cyclonus, curse armda thrust and ghost starscream, and zombie war breakdown.

Excuse the file name, have it on hand for reaction purposes
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.