[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
second chance preorders go up soon. anyone going in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14
File: TF-2016-Four-Horsemen-030.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1277) Image search: [Google]
TF-2016-Four-Horsemen-030.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1277
second chance preorders go up soon. anyone going in?
>>
>>5601491
I already backed for like 5 figures, but I'm considering getting the Minotaur now too.
>>
>>5601491

Do they have a newsletter?

I'd love to buy some but I always miss when they go up.

Doesn't help being in bongland.
>>
I'm padding my wallet for the inevitable eBay excursion. I'm down with the mobs after the first 24 but I'm not counting on getting much.

Had a couple backers offer to buy some stuff for me during the pre-sale but all of them want the payment as "friends/family" through Paypal and fuck that.

Glad I got in on 1.5 since I missed the KS. Definitely not missing KS MK.II this fall.
>>
>>5601491
Ah, cool. Honestly, I think I would just get maybe 3 of the army builders (one of each, unsure which dwarf) and call it a day. These figures look cool but I don't really feel the need to own any of the actual character figures. I feel like I got too many of the ravens, and probably would have rather gotten these. Oh well.
>>
>>5601491
I'm hoping to get 3-6 more figures at release. It's a shame these guys are only being made in limited numbers, lots of people seem to want these things but don't find out they even exist until after orders shut down.

Yea, they'll make more figures in the line, but specific characters aren't planned to get additional runs. And the legion builder figures should always be available to encourage people to troop build. Despite how hard they may be to get in the long run, these guys are still slowly taking over my collection and my collecting habits.
>>
>>5601499

Yeah, they send out a type of newsletter from Kickstarter mostly.

The most recent says:
>You may have noticed that a bunch of Mythic Legions 1.0 items have been put up for pre-order through Store Horsemen (they're not live yet so they currently read as "sold out"). This is being done in preparation for the arrival of the Mythic Legions 1.0 shipment from our factory overseas into the Four Horsemen Studios warehouse in New Jersey. Below is a little clarification about what's going on with all of this…

>Once the shipment arrives in our studio warehouse it'll take us at least a couple of days or so to get things all organized and ready to go before any shipping begins.

>The factory has been instructed to pre-package the "All-In" Kickstarter sets in two solid cases, so those will be shipping first (if the factory has actually followed our instructions correctly - we won't know for certain until the shipment arrives) because all we'll have to do is slap shipping labels on those boxes, pack in any extra items they've ordered, and push them out the door.
>>
File: MainBird.jpg (152 KB, 600x1015) Image search: [Google]
MainBird.jpg
152 KB, 600x1015
>>5601553
>Over the next few days after that we'll be packing up and preparing to ship all of the rest of the Kickstarter pledge rewards, BackerKit add-ons and initial Store Horsemen pre-orders. We're expecting the total process of shipping those out to take about two or three weeks (fingers crossed).

>Once we have the inventory of all of those items and any items that we're holding back for damages and samples, we're going to begin taking pre-orders for the remaining Mythic Legions 1.0 stock (Mythic Legions 1.0 Kickstarter backers will have a 24 hour window to pre-order before the general public) and those will not ship until all of the Kickstarter pledge rewards, BackerKit add-ons and initial Store Horsemen pre-orders have shipped out. We'll post an announcement about when that pre-order will begin at least a week before it starts both through a Kickstarter update and on the front page of Source Horsemen.

>So, there is a possibility that some of you may have the Mythic Legions 1.0 figures in hand before the second pre-order for them goes live, but it's not guaranteed.

>As for pricing, all of the individual items had to increase in cost by $2.00 each (to be honest, they needed to go up a little more but we didn't feel right bumping them up too much), and the "Super Set" had to get bumped up by a few dollars as well. We're hoping that Mythic Legions 2.0 or any other ML releases don't have to get bumped up much more than that, but with the costs of production and shipping being what they are, we have to do what we have to do to be able to keep producing figures.
>>
Wait, so have they released an actual date yet?
>>
>>5602080
No, no they haven't.
>>
>>5601491
I'm still waiting on the ork and the templar knight I ordered months ago
>>
>>5602192
You and everyone else, bub.
>>
>>5601491
I put in for some skeletons, the gladiator and minotaur during the original KS, now I think I want some of the knights and maybe a dwarf and orc.
>>
>>5602192
>I ordered months ago

Month ago. The pre-orders for those guys happened last month. And from the start they were planned to not ship out until june/july. Considering how long the original backers have been waiting, a four month turn around time isn't all that bad.

>>5602080
They're in the final stretch so it'll be within the next month or so. Once the KS and initial pre-orders are sent out, they'll give about a weeks notice of when the rest of the stock goes on sale. From then, initial KS backers get one 24 hour shot to buy more figures before the sales open up to everyone.

Just check their site once a week and yoy won't miss the sale. Hopefully these guys stay in stock long enough for there to be a sale.
>>
>>5602351
Don't remind me. I missed the KS and knowing there may be nothing left after the first 24 has me close to calling it quits on the line before I even get going.

The after market mark up is going to be insane as well. At this point, the whole thing is just really depresing.
>>
>>5602441
Unless you're a completionist or like a very specific character, I wouldn't give up on the line as a whole. Unlike previous lines the 4H have made, this line is designed to be revisited over and over. The part mixtures and paint jobs may differ, but the overall figures are essentially the same and new figures will come out of these reusable parts. The wave 1.5 guys showed just how easily new figures can come from these parts and the re-release of the birds prove they're willing to visit old but popular figures (that they still have the molds for) so I get the feeling that even if you do miss out on these guys, more will always be right around the corner ready to be produced.
>>
Maaaaaan, never in my life i had felt the urge to just throw 1,000 USD at fucking toys, im not even a fan of the fantasy gerne but every figure here looks fucking BADASS.
>>
>>5602441
Why didn't you just order some of the wave 1.5 figs?
>>
Meh there's probably something I'll like like that duck viking figure but i'm sure it's uber limited because the makers hate money.
>>
What are these based off? Look like they'd be awesome for Warcraft
>>
>>5604470
They're mostly original figures but there are clear inspirations from the old D&D characters from the 80s. It's essentially a new franchise with new stories and characters, but they're generic looking enough to fit into almost any fantasy genre.
>>
Any chance for re-runs of the Gothitropolis stuff? I see they have some awesome looking gods in there that are all varients of a Scarabus figure. I want a few of those.
>>
I'm still waiting on some more Power Lords figures....

They will move ahead on those next right? RIGHT?
>>
>>5604900
Sorry, I hope not. I don't ever want this fantasy train to end!
>>
>>5604819
Highly doubtful, the molds for the Scarabus guys were lost or damaged (not exactly sure which) and it would pretty much be like creating a whole new figure to repair/replace them. The birds may see more re-releases, and I'm sure when the last bird pre-order comes in, any excess stock will be sold on the store.

But from the wave 2 birds on, the 4H claim all their original figures will fall under the Mythic Legions banner. They seem to want to stick with a standard set of pieces so they can mix and match for more figures faster then creating a whole new buck each time.
>>
>>5604979
Damn. Aftermarket prices it is, I guess. Just one will be fine, if I can find the goat headed one.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>5604995
Good luck. I paid almost $100 for Nergall MiB and he is pretty plain imo, great design and articulation though.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1993x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1993x3264
So who else has been collecting weapons for their Legions?
>>
File: churchlady.jpg (76 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
churchlady.jpg
76 KB, 650x488
>>5605001

Nergal's fucking cool. He was one I decided I wanted later...I think I got him on eBay before they REALLY shot up in price. But I still paid like, double what he was...but eh, I'm none too sad.

It is unfortunate how unforgiving these are, considering how great they are. You miss out? You're fucked.
>>
File: DSCF1703.jpg (126 KB, 1000x1385) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1703.jpg
126 KB, 1000x1385
>>5605102
well those are pretty. sources?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 400x368
>>5605231
They're all from Revoltech of one sort or another. Most come from pic related, Torturemania.

Also, >>5605001 the sword here is from a Revoltech figure as well.
>>
File: 11252015191745.jpg (284 KB, 762x960) Image search: [Google]
11252015191745.jpg
284 KB, 762x960
>>5605231
>Anubis
Jealous.

I have the OG Scarabus though. And he's awesome. A very thoughtful gift from Valentine's Day.
>>
These figures look more than decent but I find it hard to get interested. Cool designs but they're all super generic or OCs. Especially as someone who doesn't own any other fantasy figures, I want to get into this but don't feel like I can justify it.
>>
>>5604900
No, they're pretty much done.
>>
File: 4h power lords.jpg (241 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
4h power lords.jpg
241 KB, 900x1200
>>5605448
They announced canceling the updated designs?
>>
>>5605192
This is exactly the one I want. I don't see him up on eBay though.
>>
Once the preorders go up, I think I'll honestly go all in. Anyone else feel the same way?

$1000 dollary doos is a lot but it's also a lot of figures.
>>
>>5605492
I sadly don't have that kind of money, but I'm not sure yet on the one I want. Does Bothar Shadowhorn comes with one or two shoulderpads ? it shows him with two in the OP but only one on the FHM shop.
>>
Im probably going to buy a bunch of em. Ive been dying for some 6 inch Knight figures for a long ass time.
>>
>>5605492
I like the idea of the high fantasy figures, and I'll probably get a high, but I like their more eccentric stuff better. I have the Bald Eagle preordered, and I'd get one of the elephants if they went back up. Really hoping for a Bear series.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 915x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 915x1023
>>5605462
They don't really announce when things get cancelled.
>>
>>5605492
I had the money, then I got laid off...
>>
>>5605657
They said they were going ahead with the painted figures only and shown a few more new molds. And that wasn't too long ago? A year or two? I just assume they are too busy so can only handle one series at a time and still intend to continue when they can.
>>
... did I miss it, or have they not gone up yet? I didn't even get an update on facebook.
oi vey, the exchange rate is another shoah! I feel persecuted. This is a crime.
>>
File: 4hep04.jpg (155 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
4hep04.jpg
155 KB, 480x640
>>5605657
They're not canceled.
They're just on hold, like with most stuff they produce, because the fans can only buy so much product every year.

If not enough people buy the trolls they're making, from a current line that is popular, figures like that won't be made for a while.
>>
>>5606068
One day.... I will have that queen's court... One day....
>>
Since I'll probably never be able to get Revoltech Skeletons at a reasonable price, I'm definitely interested in seeing what comes up for preorder. Wouldn't say no to a knight or a dwarf too.

My main questions with this line are in terms of articulation and then shipping. Has anyone got any of the bird figures in hand? What are they like for posing (or are they basically statueshit)? Any UK anons bought from them? What is shipping likely to cost for 2-4 pieces?
>>
File: image.jpg (424 KB, 1242x1643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
424 KB, 1242x1643
>>5606091 #
The Ravens are definitely not statueshit. I git a cheap one to see what the articulation was like for myself and was really suprised with how good it was. Not perfect, but it was damn near, the ankles were the only drawback and that was because it was a bird.

Also, which revo skeletons were you looking for? I have a handful of the KT Project oni, both iron and bone that I wanted to get rid of.
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 1242x916) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 1242x916
>>5606220
The articulation on these figures is great as far as I'm converned. It's too bad Ramathorr has so many QC issues.
>>
>>5606220
>>5606222
Whoa whoa, when did they make a clear smoke Raven???? Were there any other clear colors?
>>
Where would a canadian go to order these
>>
File: image.jpg (406 KB, 1242x1642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406 KB, 1242x1642
>>5606224
No, I don't think they made others. It's the Darkmist version and comes with the special edition sword, screaming head and helmet for Decimus. It was a SDCC exclusive at some point. No idea why it came with duck feet though.

It was $30 or something on Amazon, I grabbed it because I wanted to check out the articulation.
>>
>>5606242
Interesting. What's the plastic quality like? Does it feel brittle at all, especially on things like the sword and helmet and staff?
>>
>>5606266
It's really flexible and gives a lot on the figure. The weapons are much more rigud though. It works out in the end though, all in all it's a very nice figure and gave me complete faith in this company when it came to developing the Mythic Legions.
>>
>>5605102
I've amassed a fairly large armory since the KS of mainly medieval weapons and accessories. No pics...yet, but it's certainly more then enough to arm my Legions. And that's not even taking into account the fact they all come with three weapons of their own and the two weapon packs I bought on top of that.

>>5605499
Yes, Bothar comes with both pauldrons. All figures come with two pauldrons, three weapons/accessories and a sword strap/belt.

>>5605588
They've already said that any new figure lines will most likely fall under the ML banner so I can only assume new figures will be made from the same parts structures. That said, they've shown off some future characters that include a Jaguar Wizard and a Boar Warrior (or Boarrior) using pre-existing pieces with new heads/tails. I doubt we'll see any more full series of a specific animal type, though if we do they'll most likely share parts from the ML figures.

>>5606062
No, you haven't. Check their official site/the KS page if you're that worried. All you have to do is check it once a week and you won't miss out.

>>5606068
iirc they said that the orders for the Trolls exceeded their expectations so I don't think we have to worry about not getting any more larger creatures.

>>5606091
The Birds and ML figures themselves both have pretty good amounts of articulation, though neither are perfect. Funnily enough, where the ML figures are superior (Waist/Ab movement and stable, highly articulate legs) the birds are weaker in, but conversely the birds have *far* superior arm articulation. I wish the ML figures had the same double-jointed elbow set up as the birds, as the swivel-hinge elbow is easily the least impressive point of articulation for them.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.