[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macross Valkyries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 39
File: 03_02.jpg (130 KB, 920x709) Image search: [Google]
03_02.jpg
130 KB, 920x709
So I was wondering if anyone here collect the Macross Valkyries
I'm particularly eyeing the in the pic, but I do know there are other companies besides Bandai that make these, and are often quite pricey, so I'd like to know pros and cons if anyone can provide them
>>
>>5590933
Bandai is the only one that is making the one in the pic.
>>
>>5590933
take your shit taste somewhere else and get yourself a proper vf-1 variant
>>
>>5591026
VF-1 is crap.

It has "floating" legs. It can't transform without detaching the legs and then reattaching later.
>>
>>5590933
The one that you are looking at isn't too unreasonably priced. The two big players are bandai and Arcadia. Bandai made frontier stuff primarily but is now branching out with hi metal. Arcadia makes everything else like macross zero, plus and SDF. Bandai toys tend to be very nice and very poseable with lots of printed details though they use die cast ball joints which loosen up. Arcadia has almost no printed detail and higher price (they cost 230 minimum) but they make really solid high detail figures that are very simple to transform and are almost always worth the money with die cast in all the right places to add weight or reinforce. The only figures you should avoid are bandais vf-171ex in blue and Arcadias VF-0A. It really depends on what you like classic or frontier.
>>
File: 6609-30900-thickbox.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
6609-30900-thickbox.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
They are very cool. At least the higher end, 1/60 scale stuff from Bandai and arcadia(formerly Yamato). The one in your pic is a nice starter, though I don't own it myself. Basically the two kinds of figures you really want to be looking for are bandai's DX chogokin and Arcadia/Yamato's 1/60 scale figures. There's other lines, but they vary from really good to outright terrible. Generally if you want Macross I'm guessing you want something that transforms, so that rules a lot of stuff out.

Macross figures tend to get a lot of redecoes and remolds. This can be a good thing if you aren't eyeing a particular version, for example, the one in your pic is much cheaper than other variants of the same basic mold in other colors with different parts/heads.

Pros are presentation. generally all of these from either companies have a lot of "wow" factor when you put them on a shelf in any mode.The feel tends to be very high quality in general, too. Basically if you like the photos you see, you won't be disappointed in hand. Cons would mainly be that they aren't as articulated as you might like, however they still pull some really nice poses. Transformation can be a bit fiddly and annoying, too, especially on Arcadia releases. While they won't break easily, they're still fragile pieces you should be careful with.

Also avoid anything from Toynami. They have the licensing rights to early Macross designs from the first series through the localization from the 80's, but their engineering for their toys is so terrible they're not even comparable to 20+ year old Japanese toys.

Pic related is what made me really interested in the first place with Macross. stumbled upon it on collection DX one day.
>>
>>5591049
It's completely overly thought out, but I actually like that little "leg delivery" system you see on the VF-1 in animation.Only the bandai model kit attempts it. Any sort of "realistic" partsforming is interesting to me; gaogaigar does a similar thing with the arms.
>>
>>5591057
>>5591067
nice insight, I really like the frontier designs, so I may grab a couple of them
also, do these sell out ungodly fast when then open preorders? with the new Macross Delta show I can't help but to expect horrors in order to preorder these shit like with robot damashiis and metal builds
>>
>>5591244
The thing with Macross is you will not see them for preorder in USA websites. So import only.
>>
>>5591049
>having this amount of shit taste

kill urself
>>
>>5591291
I meant in the usual online shops, hlj, amiami, hobbysearch
also, what's wrong with bandais vf-171ex?
>>
>>5591311
Their triangle shoulders would crack, fall apart over time. nothing you can do to prevent it.
it's named vf-17ex nightmare too.

you can look at some pics there
http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=5932
while you are at it, they have all the info you will need to about valks.
>>
Bandai have basically made macross into a gundam-style business where the toys and shows are made concurrently. It's all very closely linked now and what you see on screen is what you get.

Yamato/arcadia are the fans who took the older hand-drawn valkyries that don't quite work in reality and somehow made them into transformable toys using the power of hopes and dreams. It took them about 10 years to get it right but now their stuff is top notch if ridiculously overpriced.

They're really fucking stingy with the tampo and expect you to use decals tho. IMO this is bullshit on such a high end expensive toy what the fuck arcadia.

The quality on both brands is about equal but bandai spoils you with tampo and cost much less, which makes the bandai pre-order nightmare a little more bearable.
>>
Anyone has the Bandai kits ? Are they hand grenades or actually sturdy enough for mild play ?
>>
>>5592071
I have the VF-25 Ozma version that was one of the first kits and it was a really flimsy and floppy mess, would not recommend at all
>>
>>5592052
Umm Yamato's quality is MUCH better than Bandai and they don't use shitty diecast joints (on Valks that matter) that will inevitably become floppy messes
>>
>>5592303
But they still use diecast which means the mold release will start eating away at the surrounding plastic parts.
>>
>>5592317
Mold release? Where the fuck do you live, Cambodia?
>>
>>5592367
It's just the ugly truth of diecast parts. Diecast is objectively worse than plastics in every conceivable way.
>>
>>5592052
>They're really fucking stingy with the tampo and expect you to use decals tho. IMO this is bullshit on such a high end expensive toy what the fuck arcadia.

I figure its meant to be animation accurate. Frankly I like the more sparse tampos on pre-Macross Zero stuff.
>>
>>5592367
You must be new to toy collecting
>>
>>5592390
>>5592434
How come none of my toys with high die cast content have any of these "terrible problems" that die cast "always" gets and many of them are more than 5 years old. I admit that paint chips and loose joints suck but those can be avoided or fixed if you are careful. But the other stuff people claim just never seems to happen I guess I must be magic.
>>
>>5592447
I wouldnt call "loose" joints exactly uncareful of anything. More like you touch the damn thing.
>>
>>5592495
More like, it naturally loosens and falls apart from heat and moisture.
>>
>>5592447
>I have toys older than 5 years!

newfag. keep doubting, we're trying to help
>>
>>5592499
Exactly, if you live in a subtropical hellhole.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>5592530
Help how? Every macross toy worth owning has die cast. And the oldest of those are about 8 years old If you wanna shit post this is the wrong thread to do it in. So fuck off and harass the chogokin General or somewhere where your shitty bait works.
>>
>>5592551
>macross
You mean the toys that are constantly plagued by loose and broken joints due to diecast?
>>
>>5592551
All right, you're obviously a troll, fuck off
>>
>>5592565
What thread are you in? Coming into a macross thread and insulting the toys is not a good way to plead your case against die cast. Considering all of my macross toys have zero loose or broken joints and so do many many others. There are no macross toys that are die cast free. And there are very very few with inherent issues that are recent toys. Come back when you know what you are talking about.
>>
>>5592573
>dnt shit talk my toys dey perfuct!

k there, juan carlos
>>
>>5592600
Really great arguments in here. By all means post pics, post proof. The VF-0A and 0D had hip problems not due to die cast but due to ill fitting plastic ball joints. The VF-171ex had problems due to pressure on two triangular plastic pieces. Most of the old Yamato toys had problems due to bad plastic or design same with older bandai toys none of this is directly attributable to die cast. The old Takatoku Valkyries are legendarily good toys. Die cast isn't the best material but it's not the absolute worst like this thread seems to think.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 712x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 712x960
>>5592617
>shilling this hard for a shit material
>>
>>5591026
Which is THE BEST VF-1?
>>
>>5593015
Probably the later Yamato releases of their version 2 VF-1(the Arcadia releases are fine, but they lack some tampos. The earlier Yamato releases tend to break at the shoulder, and their version 1 was just awful.) Some people swear by the new Hi-Metal releases, though. And Bandai has a chogokin VF-1 that will probably be the best, but it has no official release date yet.

The 1/48 Yamatos are also a ton of fun if you like the large size.
>>
>>5593032
this. Good luck finding the arcadia ones for a reasonable price since they are pretty hard to come by at least the vf-1s is (the vf-1j armored might be a bit better i'm not sure). also if you want strike parts you will have to track down the old standalone yamao set which goes for about 250 by itself. also bandais chogokin one is 1/35 which means its gonna be an absolute beast
>>
>>5593058
you snooze you loose bitch!
>>
File: 2015-05-25 14.38.27.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-25 14.38.27.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5593199
But I didn't snooze, anon.
>>
>>5593204
why are you not using the superior alternate hands?
>>
File: P4250169.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
P4250169.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
>tfw no decent 1/100 VF-25
>tfw no Hi-Metal Queadluun Rau, VF-17 or VF-22

I mean, it's nice the Hi-Metal line is back and all, but I'm not all that excited for what's coming out right now.
>>
>>5593273
i like perfect transform. i know its weird but i like the idea of being able to pluck it off the stand and transform it.
>>
>>5593301
wat the fuck is that mess?
>>
>>5593352
the alternative to the chogokins and arcadia toys. its a partsforming 1/100 mess of a vf-25
>>
>>5592398
Nah they're just fucking jewing us. The new vf-0 doesn't even have UN SPACY on the legs while the old version does.

>>5592303
You must be new or something. Yamato had major engineering and QC issues for most of their life. Even arcadia QC isn't that great. So I stand by what i said.
>>
Coming from someone that does mostly gunpla, what can I expect from this, 1/72 VF-31J byBandai

http://www.hlj.com/product/BANN06327/Sci

Just want to do a Macross plamo and knowing this is going to be new it should be Bandai recent gunpla quality right?
>>
>>5593722
Yes, I must definitely be new because I have never experienced any issues with my final version valks from Yamato OR Arcadia. You must be the newfag denying that diecast degrades and is constantly shilling the shitty post DYRL designs. Fuck off edgelord.
>>
Anybody have a clue as to when the VF-31 chogokins will be going up? I can't miss at least one of them. Can't decide which version is my favourite yet.

>>5593745

I've heard bad things about the VF-1 Bandai plamo and mixed things about the VF-25 Bandai plamo. I'm gonna take a guess and say at the very least this one would be a very fun build since it's got so many parts and panels. I have no idea how it's gonna hold up or what the transformation will be like.
>>
>>5594027
problem with the VF bandai plamos is that their structure is really, really weak
damn thing will probably fall aprt when you try to transform them, may mess up the decals due to moving parts and friction
they can look good, but you are more likely to stick them in one of the 3 forms and never touch them again
>>
>>5594027
>>5594071

Thanks for your opinions. Lets see how it stacks when it comes out. Regardind not moving it and leaving it in one mode its probably what I will do, leaving it at jet mode.
>>
>>5593722
Mr. K. The guy who designed all of Yamato and Arcadias valks has said its because he wants fans to "be able to customize the toy how they like." But really they are just jewing us. Arcadia does not have a lot of money so they cut corners and it sucks.
>>
>>5594911
Not sure if Mr K does all the designing. They outsource to T-rex on at least some of them iirc.

Maybe they got burned with the 30th annivalk which was completely covered in tampo.
>>
>>5590933
Harmony Gold makes some decent figs. They're a smaller scale and the quality is a little spotty, but they also transform into all three modes. When I picked them up a couple years back they were roughly about $20 a pop. I wouldn't pay any more than that.

Revoltech also did a few figs including one that transforms, but the quality was on the iffy side, the joints have a hard time holding poses and staying together.
>>
>>5595552
Toynami a shit.
>>
>>5595536
Didnt know that. I think the VF-4G was T-Rex. Yeah that sounds about right since the anniversary version sold like crap.
>>
What's the best YF-19?
>>
>>5596243
For a transforming YF-19 there's currently only 1 company that is currently making them. it's Arcadia. So there ends you best or what not question. There's no point in asking the best if there's only just 1 currently.

Yamato's Yf-19 is the pass and not even a option is you are asking for the best.

Bandai don't even make a YF-19, they only got a VF-19 advance, wink wink.
>>
>>5596470
Both bandais offering and Arcadia are good, choose whichever you like. Both will be about the same price.
>>
>>5596641

Actually, Arcadia is going to be significantly cheaper since the Chogokin one goes for the price of a firstborn on the aftermarket and the Arcadia one is getting a rerelease this month.
>>
>>5596641
Bandai only hinted at a YF-19, no pricing /pics/etc was ever shown.
>>
>>5596733
you can still get the dx Chogokin VF-19 advance for under $300
>>
>>5590933
what about the armor parts? are they worth it? most are super expensive
>>
>>5591385
Oddly, my triangles were perfectly fine. But those long, black swing bars that move the chest and cockpit? Crumbled around the pins like old candy with the first movement, like the pin eroded it as it moved. Looking to find a way to try and repair it or find replacement parts.
>>
>>5596826
>diecast
>crumbling like paper
We tried to warn you bro
>>
>>5596826
This is such bullshit. I have 5 year old valks that use diecast and they are as sturdy as the day they came in.
>>
>>5596838
Sadly, got my Nightmare during its first 2 weeks of release, didn't see many QC issues reported except for the triangles.
Never had a problem with plastic crumbling around the hinge pin to this extent before. And I was being super-slow and careful, because fucking $$$ spent.
Move chest piece, hear a noise like grinding sand.
Check online, nobody else seems to have had that issue at the time, they're all just concerned with exploding triangles. Only "solutions" I get are "Probably a shit batch of plastic, dude." and the ever-popular "Fucking hamhands"
>>
>>5596842
???
Wasn't blaming the diecast, just the plastic quality. (Not even sure hinge pins count as "diecast") I was just describing how it seemed to just disintegrate at the joint for some reason.
>>
File: Performance VF-17.webm (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Performance VF-17.webm
1 MB, 480x360
Think I should hold any hope for the 'tan' VF-17 that performed pretty decently in Macross Delta. Have had a soft spot for the VF-17 since Macross 7, but a grunt variant; similar to the VF-25A is all I've been hoping for to show up.

Sold off my original VF-171 N+ sometime ago, so would like to keep the spot open for a worthy grunt. Otherwise have a backup I can eventually get, relative had the triangle issue happen on his VF-171 N+ he was keeping in Fighter Mode just; albeit just the right side... Ugh
>>
>>5596824
Too expensive, some go for 30 k yen
>>
How are the Robot Damashii Macross figures? I've been wanting to get one, and I'm not looking for something transformable.
>>
File: 1261990740789.jpg (37 KB, 596x627) Image search: [Google]
1261990740789.jpg
37 KB, 596x627
>>5598362
>I'm not looking for something transformable.
>>
>>5597520
I hope Arcadia does a new VF-17. They have the 1/60 Plus toys license right?
>>
>>5594027

I have one of the VF-25s, It was neat to build, but all the stripes are decals and transforming has rubbed some off. The articulation is pretty mediocre, and I no longer remember how to transform it without breaking shit so it just stands around in battroid mode with its gun.

So...expect either lots or pin-striping, or lots of decals, and tons of little moving parts.
>>
>>5599814
Not right now, I don't have a lot of space right now for something that can transform
>>
>>5600209
what does space have to do with transformation. The size of the mecha is the only thing that will effect your space.
The Hi-metal R stuff are around 1/100 scale and is transformable.
The Robot Damashii Macross figures are non/scale but is around 1/120. They are like the Gundam Robot Damashi, Mecha action figure. Their price is pretty cheap. They also stopped making macross stuff for the line for quite a long time.
>>
>>5600234
Well, it'd have a wider area in fighter form as opposed to when it'd be transformed, yeah?

Are the Robot Damashii ones of the same quality as the RD Gundams?
>>
>>5600248
when I say size of the Mecha I mean the robot and all their transformable forms. Not just in robot form.
A non- transformable fighter will be around the same size as a tranformable robot in figther form if both of them are at the same scale.

The RD Macross stuff is around the same quality as the RD Gundam stuff, they aren't popular since they don't transform so their prices are alway cheap.
But I would recommend getting the Hi-metal R stuff instead.
>>
>>5600336
Hmm, thank you. I'll probably check out the Hi-metal stuff after I pick up one of the RDs.
>>
File: f8b8af61.jpg (693 KB, 1280x879) Image search: [Google]
f8b8af61.jpg
693 KB, 1280x879
regarding the YF-19, Bandai's or Arcadia's?
>>
>>5602042
>let's just put aside the "Bandai's is he VF-19A" thing, its pointless

The Arcadia captures the look of the Macross Plus model more, especially the fighter mode. Bandai's is less fiddly and more playable.
>>
>>5602042
christ, these are really fucking expensive
>>
>>5602074
The Bandai MSRP is consider low cost and best bang for the buck.

The Arcadia is just normal Arcadia pricing.

Both of them are not consider expensive for people that knowing the pricing of Macross items

It's around $80 difference between them
>>
File: DSC_0019.jpg (838 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0019.jpg
838 KB, 1920x1080
>>5602046
>Bandai's is less fiddly and more playable

Disagree. I enjoy handling/transforming the arcadia while the bandai is more like a chore, especially the retarded, half-assed way they've implemented the super pack.

As far as sculpt goes arcadia is superior, being based on the old hand drawn art gives it the edge over the arguably cold, soulless bandai which was made from an on-screen CGI model

However the bandai is much cheaper and more innovative. It's 90% as good for only 75% of the price, plus you get super packs and more tampo making it the clear winner.
>>
>>5593745
Its gun looks so weird but I'm probably gonna pre order this thing. Maybe with the re release of the VF-25F
>>
>>5593015
The Revoltechs :^)
>>
if I want one of the old classy VF-1 valkyries am I fucked? only Yamato did those and they died, so only Hasegawa and Wave kits are the remaining option?
>>
>>5605698
You can still get the Yamato stuff from eBay, manadarake , etc.
Yamato because current Arcadia so you can look for their Vf-1 releases . They will be reissuing a Vf-1s with strike/fast pack this year with preordering opening soon.
>>
>>5605889
Didn't know about the reissue, thanks for the heads up. How much was the last one, $300?
>>
>>5605893
Arcadia never released 1 with a strike/faspack combo. The most recent combo was the VF-1J with GBP armor and that was around $210 MSRP. So base on that the VF-1S combo will probably be around $190
>>
File: vf-1ss.jpg (150 KB, 905x675) Image search: [Google]
vf-1ss.jpg
150 KB, 905x675
>>5606015
>>
>>5606015
>VF-1S combo will probably be around $190
I fucking hope it's only that much. Just got in to collecting Valks. 3 figures in I'm nearly $800 poorer.
>>
Just noticed that Mandarake has a shipping estimate for spot-sale items now.
I was planning on ordering a DX VF-27 as my first Valkyrie toy but it's telling me the shipping is going to be 12,400 yen with DHL and 5400 with EMS on top of the 11,000 for the toy itself.
Is this normal shipping for a DX Valk or is Manda's estimate just fucked?
>inb4 SAL
I'd be worried sick in case it got lost I've heard quite a few SAL horror stories.
>>
>>5606419
yeah those shipping prices seem too high wtf, I'm thinking about getting a vf-25a dn the yf-19 but that bundle will cost me 50k yen
>>
>>5606419
Where r you shipping to?
It will be around 4000 for EMS to the USA
>>
>>5606715
The UK and checking the postage estimates in the FAQ says EMS would only be 2400 yen for and 800g item and those estimates haven't been very far off when I've previously ordered.
>>
>>5606806
But you also have to enclose packaging and the shipping box which is around 650g
>>
My Yamato VF-1A DYRL Cannon Fodder is my favorite figure
Just so awesome
They knocked it out of the park
>>
>>5593301
>>5593356

I know the point is that the VF 1/100s are really fiddly and aren't engineered well, but I still think that was one of the most unprofessional toy reviews I've ever seen. I'm in no way defending the toy, but I've never seen a reviewer just slam a toy on the desk out of frustration.
>>
>>5605889
>They will be reissuing a Vf-1s with strike/fast pack this year with preordering opening soon
WHAT
When/where was this announced? If that's true, you definitely made my day anon.
>>
>>5605889
>>5607666
Nevermind, found the source. That's great news. I'm not super familiar with Macross preorders but I do know they tend to sell out pretty fast. What's the best way not to miss this one?
>>
>>5607688
Hopefully someone posts it on here when preorders go live.
>>
>>5607785
I doubt that'll be fast enough.
>>
File: image15_zpsybxlmw9x.jpg (333 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image15_zpsybxlmw9x.jpg
333 KB, 900x900
>>5607848
Arcadia preorders are very easy to get. I don't remember anybody ever missing out.

Fucking bandai on the other hand, are just bullshit. The preorder window can close in a matter of minutes then you have to constantly monitor macrossworld for days or weeks hoping another store will take more preorders, which almost always run out very fast.

Whoever came up with this system is a sadistic asshole.
>>
>>5607858
Damn that looks so glorious. I wish it was a VF-1S.
>>
>>5592624
>image.jpg
>>
>>5607688
mind posting said source?
>>
>>5607922
https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/720540856009244672
>>
>>5607945
oh shit, sweet
around how much this will go? 15k yen?
>>
>>5608024
Not announced. I'd guess around 20k.
>>
File: 10384637a.jpg (60 KB, 883x768) Image search: [Google]
10384637a.jpg
60 KB, 883x768
>Tomytec
never heard about them
>1/144 scale
super tiny then
>6500 fucking yen
why the fuck it is so expensive?
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10384637
>>
>>5608185
Maybe it's pre-painted?
>>
>>5607688
You'll be find , their preorders will open for days to weeks , unlike Bandai
>>
>>5607858
>>5608411
Thanks, that's reassuring. I guess I've only heard about Bandai's then.
>>
>>5608411
well that's reassuring
fuck bandai preorders, they vanish in seconds from everywhere, that's plain bullshit
>>
>>5608185

Man if that thing is actually capable of transforming, it's going to be fragile enough to make the RG Zeta look sturdy in comparison.
>>
>>5608769
that thing can transform?
>>
>>5609144
It's a two pack. One kit is in fighter mode, the other in battroid. You parts form to make the gerwalk.
>>
File: EZ8A7mX.jpg (110 KB, 960x687) Image search: [Google]
EZ8A7mX.jpg
110 KB, 960x687
>>5608185
>>5608187
It's expensive because Tomytec models are completely pre-painted. All you have to do is take the part off the sprues and snap them together.
>>5608769
The 1/72 kit will be transformable.
>>
File: main01.jpg (1 MB, 1160x983) Image search: [Google]
main01.jpg
1 MB, 1160x983
http://www.tomytec.co.jp/gimix/lineup/macross_delta/index.html
>>
>>5609423
>those proportions
I'll wait for the DX.
>>
File: captnpalm.jpg (22 KB, 921x606) Image search: [Google]
captnpalm.jpg
22 KB, 921x606
>>5609450
>BACKPACK

God fucking damn it kawamori. Someone remind this stupid cunt that his mecha didn't become popular by having huge, obnoxious kibble cancers hanging out the back.

I thought we'd get some relief after frontier but he's doubling down.
>>
>>5608185
this thing looks like absolute shit from the back

>>5609450
holy fuck it looks like shit from the back in this mode as well
fucking hilarious
what a shitty design and faggots are going to eat it up
>>
>>5609620
B-BUT MUH NEW VALKURYE
>>
>>5609736
It's basically the production version of the YF-30 which we've had for a while now so it's not that new. Think YF-19 to VF-19.

If the wings just tucked in closer to the body I could get excited but he's made no attempt whatsoever. This bizarre laziness from frontier onwards gives me the shits.
>>
>>5609764
what about the vfs of the bad guys? they seemed a bit better at least
>>
>>5608185
>>5609423
what the hell are those things sprouting from the back? one is the gunpod, but the green thing? an ewac or something?
>>
>>5609764
The entire show is just an easy cash-in scheme. Shouldn't expect much.
>>
File: Draken_05.jpg (793 KB, 3543x2353) Image search: [Google]
Draken_05.jpg
793 KB, 3543x2353
>>5609776
It's trying too hard to look edgy and evil. I'd enjoy the new transformation more if it looked more like a proper aircraft. It is refreshing though
>>
>>5609796
What's refreshing? A half-assed job?
K.
>>
>>5609785
Energy charger for Walkure's drones.
>>
>>5609472
>>5609620
>>5609787
>muh VF-1
Keep crying Robotechfags.
>>
File: Bandai DX Chogokin SV-262 2.jpg (120 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Bandai DX Chogokin SV-262 2.jpg
120 KB, 800x533
>>5609801
No we're talking about the 'baddie' valk which will be the first single engined variable fighter. Unfortunately it looks like something from the kurt russel stargate movie.

The yf-21 was just alien enough. I would have been very ok with a cross between the saab draken and the yf-21
>>
>>5609813
Robotech? Sorry, I don't expose myself to watered down American garbage edits
>>
>>5609319
The arms are so skinny but I like the overall design.
>>
>>5609817

That color scheme is pretty bleh
>>
I'm hype, just ordered a VF-19 Advance for myself last night!
>>
>>5611888
excellent choice , Bandai squeezed tons of small details in to that one, when you get it, look closely all around.
>>
File: 9560807e.jpg (631 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
9560807e.jpg
631 KB, 1280x853
>>5611911
Indeed! Seems to be pretty QC-issue free from what I've read. And the articulation looks awesome too. Very excited.
>>
>tfw barring the YF-29 and YF-30, I like the backpack wings
>>
>>
File: TOY-RBT-4059_08.jpg (69 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-4059_08.jpg
69 KB, 800x480
>>
>>5611888
Nice trips. Where did u order it?
>>
>>5612017
Didn't even notice the trips! I got mine off of Mandarake.
>>
>>5612007
I don't really like those little gun things on his wrists.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-4059_12.jpg (41 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-4059_12.jpg
41 KB, 800x533
>>5612310
Integrated weapons are breddy cool.
>>
>>5612336
Do those rotate back and forth or something?
>>
>>5612439
Those arm cannons rotate forward, yes.
>>
File: DSC_0033.jpg (716 KB, 1383x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0033.jpg
716 KB, 1383x2160
>>5611912
This looks a little bit like when I messing around with the arcadia they're both fairly limber.
>>
File: Plane dick.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Plane dick.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
Poorfag here, as much as I want to go and blow £120+ on some DX/Yamato/Arcadia toys I just lost my job and can't afford those right now.
How are the Revoltech VF-1s? I see they can transform even if Battroid mode looks a bit off.
I own a few Revoltechs already so the clicking won't bother me.
>>
>>5612503
Those things are absolutely fucking awful.
>>
>>5612508
That's a shame, any other small transformable Macross toys that aren't too expensive? I know there's the Toynami ones but I've not heard good things about them.
>>
>>5612514
The only small-scale ones that are actually good are the Bandai Hi-Metals.
>>
>>5612515
Alright I'll keep an eye out for them, thanks m8.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-4059_11.jpg (23 KB, 800x244) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-4059_11.jpg
23 KB, 800x244
>>5612310
>not liking gun tonfas
It does have a beam gunpod anyway.
>>
>>5612514
what's your budget? Macross's definition of not expensive can mean just under $200.

The Hi-metal R is the best small transformable Macross you can get right now. But they sold out quick and you have to jump in on the preorder. They are around $75-$85 when preordered and now they are over $100.
>>
>>5612453
They really are both good. Each has downsides and if the bandai wins its only slightly. I do like my yf-19 and it gets a lot of things really right. Also the amount of accessories is kinda nice too.
>>
File: Whoa.png (524 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Whoa.png
524 KB, 1680x1050
>>5612664

I was about to make a comment about the VF-19 being the cheaper, better option than the VF-1, but this is way more than I remember paying for my Fire Valk, and that was only a few months ago. What is happening?
>>
>>5612724
it's supply and demand. The Hi-metal R line is doing great which make others look for other hi-metal even though it's the older ones like the VF-19. They were pretty cheap , less than $50 couple of months ago.

There's also the option of getting the older Yamato yf-19. you can find those for around $130
>>
>>5612724
Ebay is fucking terrible for import toys that are out of print. There's none in stock at the moment, but Mandarake's going rate is about 3500 - 5000 yen for this piece. Example:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1030191070&ref=list
>>
File: fire.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
>>5612789
I couldn't recommend the yamato YF-19 (not to be confused with their excellent vf-19) over the years mine developed cracks in the plastic just sitting there.

>>5612724
>>5613170
The vf-19 hi metal is great for the size I have no complaints.
>>
How is Bandai's 1/72 VF-25F? I saw it's getting a rerelease and was wondering if it was worth pre ordering.
>>
>>5614839
They are the best transforming Macross models you can get right now. It's not a bad kit and look nice after a straight build.
>>
>>5615027
Neat. I'll get that with my Siegfried pre order.
>>
>>5615027
>>5614839
>>5615095

they're kind of floppy.
>>
File: mcs-17.jpg (649 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
mcs-17.jpg
649 KB, 1200x800
inb4 one or both are exclusives
>>
File: mcs-15.jpg (694 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
mcs-15.jpg
694 KB, 1200x800
>>5615176
I wonder if it comes with a Komillia accessory.
>>
>>5615179
T-rex did one for the yamato/arcadia 1/60 iirc. Maybe it was just komilias carry pod.
>>
>>5615114
You can fix that issue pretty easily.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-4044.jpg (88 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-4044.jpg
88 KB, 600x600
Reposting from /m/'s gunpla-plamo thread

Are the Macross plamos from Hasegawa good? I would like to buy 3 of them, one for each transformation, but I fear they are going to suck.

Also what about the new 1/144 plamos from Takara/Tomytec? Does anyone have some info about those?
The photos from the stores make them look kinda shitty, but they are really too expensive to be THAT shitty.
I read the posts in this thread about the new line, but from a lot of photos the plamo don't look pre-painted at all.
>>
>>5614839
Where did you see that?
>>
>>5616043
hobbysearch and amiami are listing restocks of the vanilla alto and ozma's planes, along their super and armored kits
>>
>>5615176
>>5615179
wat are these? hi metals?
>>
Arcadia's VF-1S with parts is due for August for 21,800 yen
a little expensive, and I hope the preorders don't vanish in seconds, I really want this one
>>
File: CgSpVCxVIAAmAsj.jpg (84 KB, 960x380) Image search: [Google]
CgSpVCxVIAAmAsj.jpg
84 KB, 960x380
>>5616068
forgot the pic
>>
>>5616068
>>5616073
I'll be buying one even though I have one already. It's just too good to pass up
>>
>>5616052
Ah cool, thank you, I've been browsing the gundam restock list in the gunpla threads looking for frontier kits for a awhile now. Went To akihabara 9 months ago and could only find Alto's armored Messiah and the Tornado parts in any of the stores I checked.
>>
File: yf19_ami.jpg (100 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
yf19_ami.jpg
100 KB, 800x550
>>5616068
>>5616073
I've been trying to track down a TV Roy VF-1S for a while but I may just have to settle for this. I'll miss the cartoon VF-1 hands and the fact that movie Roy isn't as cool as TV Roy.

Also this releases soon and I'm starting to hesitate. It's probably my favorite VF but its been a heavy, heavy month. I could wager that HLJ may have it a few weeks after..but I'm not sure its a risk I wan to take. I already have the VF-19A but Arcadia's just looks so spot on with the proportions.
>>
>>5616237
Honestly you will be able to make this into a pretty convincing TV Roy. Since its the bright TV white and not the movie off white and you can swap the gun out for another missile pylon. Also the YF-19 is great and is a very nice looking show accurate toy. I love mine and it has a great transformation.
>>
>>5615857
Anyone?
>>
>>5616341
>>5615857
Hasegawa kits are nice but they are 100% old school modeling with no color molded parts and they require a lot of glue and modeling skill to make them look good. Not to mention they also pretty much will be one pose only due to the nature of old school kits. They look nice if you are good at modeling though.
>>
>>5616352
Is the level of surface detail the one on the pic?
Would you suggest picking WAVE's models over Hasegawa's?
>>
>>5616355
Yea I would wave is much more user friendly. Also the tomy tech kits are molded in color so that's why they are expensive.
>>
File: 069.jpg (272 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
069.jpg
272 KB, 900x1200
>>5616053
Yeah, those are Hi-Metals.

>>5616068
>>5616073
That's great news! Looks like they're going to remember to tampo the red ejection warning triangle under the canopy this time, heh. Probably pass on this guy as I'm happy with the set I already have, but I'm glad they're making this more readily available. Though if there's something new in this set I can see myself biting easily. Give us a VF-1S Max and I'll preorder that beauty instantly!
>>
>>5616073
it's funny that they used some purple bling bling lighting on their promo pic. were they trying to hide the fact that the white they use on these valks will have a light purpleish /pink tone to them?..
>>
>>5616237
Wait is that a new picture? Looks like they changed the color of the gun from screen accurate to 'this is animation' accurate. I prefer the olive.

>>5616068
>21,800
Fuck me. Glad I got mine when they were half that price. The pre-orders won't vanish that's bandai.
>>
File: 019.jpg (314 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
019.jpg
314 KB, 1200x900
Neat, got a notice from Nippon-Yasan that they're preparing the Hi-Metal VF-1S Focker for shipment.

>>5617439
>Wait is that a new picture?
I'm pretty sure Arcadia is just using the same images they used to promote the original release, as the color discrepancy between the pomo images and the actual release was the same back then. Only time will tell if the gunpod will actually match the promo image color this time around.
>>
>>5616237
The Arcadia releases come with bith types of hands, at least my VF-1S Hikaru did
>>
>>5616073
>>5616068
Someone feed me info on this, keep in mind I've only ever watched robotech and know nothing about any of the macross/robotech merch apart from the toynami figures they released which I ended up refunding because shit literally broke the moment I grab an arm.

...from what people above are saying this is an older release, but...how good a release was it, can it hold a candle to the hi metal r's?

Does it at least look the part?

I saw a 1/55 scale vf1-s on mandarake during my browsing, are they related...like I said I know jack all.

Need to find out as much as possible before either cramming it in with my masterpiece transformers seekers (got 4 of the fuckers taking up space) or with my gunpla/action figures in which I have more space, BUT I can make space if this release is worth it.

Finally, what's the word on arcadia's build quality?
>>
>>5616434
>Also the tomy tech kits are molded in color so that's why they are expensive

Actually, they're prepainted, tampos pre-applied over the top, gunpla is colored plastic with stickers for detailing, the tomytech kits are pre-painted.

I bought a few of their 1/144 kits as a test, not sure if this applies to the macross line but a pin vice may be needed unless you're fine with just the plane without missile pods, and lots of glue to keep the whole thing flush
>>
>>5617584
Yamato/Arcadia's version 2 1/60 VF-1 are the best VF-1's available.

The 1/55 you saw are probably the old takatoku toys. You know, G1 Jetfire.

Arcadia's build quality is top notch when it comes to the VF-1's
>>
>>5617584
Buy a fucking Arcadia Valk or one of the last versions Yamato came out with
And why the FUCK are you looking to spend money on items for a franchise you know nothing about?
Don't fucking waste your parents' money you piece of shit
>>
>>5617701
Where did he touch you, anon?
>>
>>5617285
wait wat? the actual thing ended up being pink then?
>>
>>5617708
No, it just has an extremely light pink tint to it. You probably won't even notice it, it looks fine. It's to help against yellowing which ALL white platsic will do in time.
>>
File: cheers.jpg (158 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
cheers.jpg
158 KB, 1440x1080
>>5617701
>And why the FUCK are you looking to spend money on items for a franchise you know nothing about?

I only ever watched robotech, all of it, I know nothing of newer macross series, I grew up with the vf1 series jets and even newer stuff now doesn't interest me, design wise, once I'm done my gundam run (pic related) I should get right onto them, gonna have to start from the beginning since robotech's dub is very different from macross, so I'm told.

>Don't fucking waste your parents' money you piece of shit

Does this really work, the whole "HUR DUR YOU MUST BE UNDER 18" stuff?

I could point out flaws using my previous post that you responded too and simple logic but why bother, you're obviously trying to bait me yet too conflicted as to not to help.

>Buy a fucking Arcadia Valk or one of the last versions Yamato came out with

This is all you needed to say, yes my post is long winded and so am I, but this one line is all you needed to say.

And I thank you for it, I appreciate it, for helping in your own special way

>>5617705
Right in the feels, but hay, he gave me advice, he ain't so bad
>>
>>5617724
stupid being a RETARD and watch the first MACROSS series and DYRL and stop RIGHT THERE.
the following SERIES are shitty CASH INS meant to compete with SHIT like ZOIDS
>>
>>5617769
go back to the 80s grandpa
>>
>>5617769
This anon sadly speaks the truth

>>5617772
Probably enjoyed watching Yu-Gi-Oh
>>
>>5617788
>Probably enjoyed watching Yu-Gi-Oh
more like reading the manga
everything else after was absolute utter shit
>>
>>5617789
dude you are the same, that shit was fucking 15 YEARS AGO or so
>>
>>5617769
I unironically believe that Delta is the pinnacle of Japanese animation and story telling.
>>
>>5617793
ok widdle baby we get it you grew up with supa cool watered down marketing tripe and you think it was ze best eva

no one gives a shit
newfag
>>
>>5617584
There's a Yamato right here (same mold as the Arcadia)
>>5617261

You tell me that beauty doesn't look the part. The final version of the mold (which is what Arcadia uses) has all the kinks worked out and is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>5617801
Dusty old bones!
Full of
>green
dust!
>>
>>5617806
It's unbelievably sexy and it truly is the best VF-1 mold out there. If you don't have one then this is your chance to grab one at a good price and not have to hunt down the toy and the strike parts separately.
>>
>>5617563
Does yours? My Hikaru only has the more robotic movie hands, not the poofy cartoon hands.
>>
>>5616434
So wait, for wave, do I have to buy both the batroid and valkyrie if I want gerwalk?
>>
>>5617769

Get a load of this fag.

I'm happy it's the Fokker VF-1S rather than the J. That's my favourite of the originals and I will happily buy it.
>>
>>5617795

This guy knows whats up.
>>
File: 1454640795959.png (2 MB, 764x1274) Image search: [Google]
1454640795959.png
2 MB, 764x1274
>>5617795
Delta is really really fun. I haven't smiled this much watching a Macross since Dynamite 7.
>>
>>5618573
>fag
>>
>>5615179
>>5615176
Hnng. Too sexy. Hope they can be pre ordered from the usual suspects (amiami, hlj, etc)
>>
are the Delta transforming toy valks out yet?
>>
>>5619178
No
>>
>>5619178
Those won't be out til late fall/early winter most likely.
>>
>>5619178
Preorders will be sold out in seconds.
>>
>>5620913
I'm waiting for that arcadia vf-1s preorder to open soon....
>>
Last year I picked up the Arcadia armored vf1j. I don't have a stand for this thing... Any recommendations on which ones would fit this model?
>>
>>5621120
http://www.yetistand.com/

http://flightpose.com/
>>
>>5617474
Do both VF-1J and VF-1S released so far under the R line have the same tone of whitish gray?
>>
>>5621251
They are gray, not whitish gray, just gray, and yes.
Even the Regult is gray, not white.
>>
>>5621146
Thanks!
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.